[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever played an older character, /tg/? Ever wanted to?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Oyaji.jpg (131KB, 988x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Oyaji.jpg
131KB, 988x1400px
Have you ever played an older character, /tg/? Ever wanted to? How would you do it?
>>
>>51671280
I've played an older man before. He was from a mining town, began working in his early teens up until his 50's. One day his wife became ill and she wasn't recovering. Her she asked to have her ashes spread at a lake in a distant land. The day she died, my character quit the mines and set off to fulfill her dying wish.
>>
Old characters can be fun. Hard bitten veterans or people past the point of caring, with their best years behind them but the will to go on, to keep trying no matter what.

The few times I've played them I generally end up as the team mom/dad, a caring and protective older figure even if they might be a bit stern, gruff or old fashioned at times.
>>
Yeah, a disgraced defeated hero of sorts. It was a shonen setting so the other characters were kids basically, but they kind of reminded him of his own friends back before they were all beaten or killed together.
>>
File: korra3x11_0197.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
korra3x11_0197.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>51671280
The oldest human character I've ever played was 72 years-old.
The GM wanted us to roll regular and mundane folk, so I made a grandma.
>>
Had a decent one replace a level 5-7~ dead previous character.

Dying lonely old man who made a pact with an archfey on his deathbed - prolonged life in exchange for servitude. Has been working as a fiend exorcist.

A twist would come in later that he's now been alive for four centuries.
>>
>>51671280
I'm currently playing as a superhero who's been active since 1911 and feels every year of his 126 years of life.
>>
>>51671280

Played a Cleric in his 60's who was a veteran of multiple wars.
>>
>>51671280
My oldest character was a pre-war Ghoul who was over 230 years old. He was a scientist, a crackshot with energy weapons and just recently became a member of the Brotherhood of Steel. Fallout game if you haven't noticed.
>>
>>51673913
What setting, anon?
>>
>>51671280
My shadowrun characters is 59
>>
>>51671280
Oldest I've had was a veteran fighter, who literally rolled so bad in Appearance (Homebrew system) that he looked like a mountain of scars.

If the game does continue (In the post-apocalypse that we started) he actually turned into a druid, after arduously trying to find meaning to something, anything.

I actually got to reroll his appearance score, and the result was average (rather than minimum).
>>
>>51673924
Set in the fallout universe, America. The system was actually a homebrewed one, and it worked well. The main party which consisted of me, a wandering lawman, a teenager with a cowboy fascination and a sniper dude started the campaign barely surviving a Deathclaw attack and ended it with destroying an alien spaceship, me being inducted in the BoS and travelling to Japan to work off an NPC's debt to the mafia. Lots of stories to be had, if you want me to share.
>>
>>51673974
???
What's the setting based off of tho?
>>
>>51673974
To choose between stories, there are, in no particular order;
destroying our first deathclaw
getting the X-18 gun
the "Chosen one" incident
meeting the X-men
solving the Mechanist vs Ant-agoniser problem peacefully
raiding a Caesar outpost
Robot Nation (a long one)
The Human Zoo
The gridiron menace
The spaceship event.

Cast your votes for which to hear first.
>>
>>51674020
None of the above
Post your most embarassing fuck up instead
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.