[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it itself an evil action to use a Helm of Opposite Alignment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Helm_of_Opposite_Alignment.png (586KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Helm_of_Opposite_Alignment.png
586KB, 800x600px
Is it itself an evil action to use a Helm of Opposite Alignment to forcefully convert evil characters and NPCs to the side of good? Would the idea of a cleric who carries a Helm of Opposite Alignment and applies and uncurses it as needed work?
>>
>>51666674

I don't see how it's much different than a Paladin executing someone the moment Smite Evil pings.
>>
Alignments are bullshit
D&D is gay
Play something else
>>
>>51666694

>Smite Evil

I mean Detect Evil. fuck my life
>>
>>51666674

Nope. Alignments are fucking terrible mind you.

Mind Control is considered to be Lawful, and is only Good or Evil depending on how it is used - you can be Good and use Dominate Person to make someone kill their family, as long as their family is evil.

So using the HoOA to mass-convert evil is a Good thing. It might not last past their death though, in which case their soul will still be rendered down to make a demon, instead of an angel.

This is all in the Book of Exalted Deeds. Which is a horrible book written by members of one of those weird American Christian cults, but pretty much correct for how little the rest of the game cares about Enchanters mindfucking enemies.
>>
>>51666674
It is absolutly an evil act the book of vile darkness makes this very clear (the book of exalted deeds has no problem with magical alignment changes but there is enough retardation in that book that almost everybody ignores everything it has to say on morality the guy who wrote it had no fucking idea how good and evil work in d&d)
>>
>>51667875
its still hilarious the BoVD ended up being the sane one of the 2
>>
>>51666674
>evil to force your will on others
no but it's rude.
>evil to force people to inflict harm on others
that's evil
>>
It is an evil (lower case e) thing, as in morally repugnant action, but in terms of alignment a Good action.
Good and Evil are somewhat removed from good and evil, Good and Evil are first and foremost opposing powers, fighting one is considered the opposite, murder and genocide of Evil creatures is Good, but not necessarily good, and kindness and mercy shown to those same Evil races may be the moral, and right thing to do, but would be considered Evil by the alignment system.
>>
>>51668059
Are you autistic
>>
Sinful.
>>
>>51668059
What's the point of calling them Good and Evil if they're not good and evil, respectively? It'd seem more useful to call them something else.
>>
>>51668334
>>51668525
I don't think he was suggesting that it was morale.
DnD alignments work that way RAW, so he is technically correct.
>>
>>51666674
Alignment is a shit system that's doesn't add anything to the game except stupid arguments.
>>
File: gygax.jpg (135KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
gygax.jpg
135KB, 720x480px
>>51666674
No. Converting people to Good is a Lawful Good act.
Incidentally, executing prisoners is also Lawful Good.

Converting prisoners to Good before executing them is kosher.
>>
>>51666674
Answer me this: how do you feel about an evil person using a Helm of Opposite Alignment to forcefully convert good characters and NPCs to the side of evil?
>>
>>51667945
Kinda like Satanism vs. Christianity in real life, oddly enough.
>>
>>51669343

DnD morality: retarded as fuck from Day 0.
>>
>All these Neutral shitbags trying to justify their sins by talking shit about Good

That's just sad, guys.
>>
>>51666694
I would rule detecting evil is not enough to merit execution. BUT that also just leads to fundamental problems with the alignment system.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.