[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tg/ think of Josh 'Balance Man' Sawyer's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Deadfire.jpg (292KB, 1920x995px) Image search: [Google]
Deadfire.jpg
292KB, 1920x995px
What does /tg/ think of Josh 'Balance Man' Sawyer's latest efforts to make the most perfectly equitable RPG ruleset that the world has ever seen in Obsidian's new Fig[starter] project, Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire?
>>
>>51650997
I only have PoE with no expansions yet. been putting it off forever. should I get down to it?

whats a fun class? I can't stand slogs anymore.
>>
>>51652251
The expansions are the best part, consider at least pirating them.

Monks can be fun after the initial few levels, kicking people across the screen, a tank-focused paladin with high mental stats lets you get most of the dialogue checks while still being powerful in combat, ciphers have some unique ways to solve some of the quests but that can mostly be done by the cipher NPC if you bring her with you.

After the early game you get access to an NPC of every class except rogue, barbarian and monk, so it's not really a big deal to make your main character a simple class because you can always just bring a party full of casters to give you lots of active abilities and spells. You get the last 3 classes in the expansion, or not all without it, though you can make NPCs of any class at an inn, they just won't talk or have a personality.
>>
>>51652451
thanks. guess im rolling a chanter?
>>
>>51653294
fwiw
- cipher has a ton of dialogue stuff and is one of the few classes where duplicating gets silly
- the companion paladin doesn't have an order, which might not seem like much but it essentially fucks her out of a lot of potential paladin goodies, a player Paladin would probably be better
- chanter is fun for a heavy type and the fact that chants are independent of recovery means you make a fairly competent offtank

>>51650997
I assume it's fanart, since I kinda doubt they're going to have Aloth or Eder in poe2 (although I wouldn't mind seeing them and Kana back)
>>
>>51653367
It's literally the cover image, fampai. Pallegina is back as well, not that many people wanted that.
>>
>>51653367
>I assume it's fanart, since I kinda doubt they're going to have Aloth or Eder in poe2 (although I wouldn't mind seeing them and Kana back)

Nope
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire/?media_id=449
>>
>>51653294
Pick the ghost over the skeletons.
>>
>>51653367
The fixed Pallegina's 'no order' problem when they released the expansion.
>>
>>51656489
Does she get a custom one, or...?
>>
>>51660482
I think they just changed it so NPC paladins, both Pallegina and ones you make in the tavern, have their Faith and Conviction thing increase with level. It's not as good as a PC with their two favoured dispositions maxed out, though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.