[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If GW decided to give some love to IG, what army would you l

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1431600678522.jpg (270KB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1431600678522.jpg
270KB, 1131x1600px
If GW decided to give some love to IG, what army would you like to see done?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12302023
>>
>>51645083
Death Korps have always been my favorite regiment, and while I doubt GW
will do then since Forgeworld does them.
>>
>>51645083
>http://www.strawpoll.me/12302023
>not including Praetorians
>not including Maccabian Janissaries
>>
>>51645083
Catachan Jungle Fighters
>>
>see the results
>muh Krieg of course
Fuck off, FW already makes an excellent Krieg lineup.
>>
>>51645083
Instead of new army models, why not bring back the old Regimental Doctrines from ye olde times? Only this time made in such a way that they would be efficient and fun.
>>
>>51645898
Not going to happen unless you come with a way to include gargantuan creatures and huge shooty mechs in IG roster
>>
>>51645898

Tell me of the ancients wise one, I wish to learn at your feet. Was it a bit like different chapter tactics for marines?
>>
>>51645937
There would be a way. Always. Then again there are Imperial Knights.

>>51645961
They were a set of rules you chose that gave you both advantages as well as restrictions. So it was like Chapter Tactics Space Marines now have, but they both gave you something and took away from you.

Need to look for a 3rd ED Codex because I cannot wholly remember what was the stuff there.
>>
>>51645961
>>51646000

You didn't take negative traits like you did in the 4th ed SM dex, you just unlocked stuff. You had 5 unlocks total. The options were to unlock around 8ish units in the dex (heavy weps, rough riders, psykers, storm troops, sentinels, etc..), and choose a few special changes to your units. Some doctrinal options were: an early version of 1st rank 2nd rank, stubborn, +1 to cover saves, 4+ armor, ability to be fully mechanized (standard IG platoons could only take 1 chimera through an armored fist squad without this). Some of the options cost additional points per unit some didnt.
>>
>>51646122

That's pretty interesting. I'd be interested in seeing more my guys friendly crunch.
>>
>>51646122
I also forgot that you could choose from pre-made well known regiments (cadians, catchans, mordians, steel legion, chem dogs, etc...) that gave more unlocks but maybe did not perfectly fit with what you wanted to unlock.
>>
>>51646122
>>51646165
OK, now I see after FINALLY finding the 3rd ED Codex.

Hoping one day they'll bring this back in a new form.

>>51646150
Well with the treatment Chaos Marines got currently, maybe we will see more of this stuff.
>>
>>51645083
Attillans would be best done as a Forge World army in the style of their Krieg and Elysian armies, so... Mordians it is.
>>51645248
>not including Praetorians
Praetorians are just Mordians with different heads, silly.
Also
>Not including Scintillans
>Not including Drookian Fen Guard
>>
>>51645898
Because formations encourage you to buy specific models while SM and IG traits locked away units you weren't going to buy anyways
>>
Giant Superheavy Gargantuan Creature Centerpiece model for $110

Next army
>>
>>51645083
Vostroya Stronk!
>>
Everyone voting Krieg and Elyssian knows they're fooling themselves and will have to pay up for forge world like good goy right?
>>
>>51646232
>>51646606
And speaking of forge world if gw did Mordians fw could do Praetorian conversation kits.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.