[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 541
Thread images: 54

File: ghaz.png (1MB, 742x757px) Image search: [Google]
ghaz.png
1MB, 742x757px
Eldar Mary Sue Undid the Rubric Edition
Eldrad put in time-out subedition

>Dank Daily Duncan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzbI2gfeg34

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 200% Organized
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Harlequin spiked the pieeeeeee! I think I got really hiiiiiigh! I just came to look! For a book! Now I'm bleeding rainbooooooooooows.)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
First for Kel'shan
>>
File: 1412506893882.png (319KB, 825x875px) Image search: [Google]
1412506893882.png
319KB, 825x875px
I'm just happy that Lelith made it out alive.
>>
>One Primarch is turning to chaos, another is turning loyalist

Obviously the Lion is turning to chaos

Fulgrim is going to have his soul freed from the daemon by the ynnari and come back to the imperium to further solidify the imminent squatting of slaanesh
>>
Can you take Straken with the castellan detachment
>>
>all these writings about how only Ynnari are relevant
Looks like we will have th same about Ultramarines in the next book.
Well, looks like it's time to join real Space Crusaders.
>>
>>51641901
>Eldar Mary Sue Undid the Rubric Edition
>Eldrad put in time-out subedition
40k turns to capeshit Edition.

What's this bullshit with the primarchs in 40k? I get putting them on the table in 30k, but what the everloving fuck?
>>
>>51641941
Nah it will be Magnus
>>
>>51641963
TTS memers please leave
>>
File: EPIC-Daemon-Primarchs.jpg (55KB, 793x370px) Image search: [Google]
EPIC-Daemon-Primarchs.jpg
55KB, 793x370px
>>51641959
>What's this bullshit with the primarchs in 40k?
hey dude you're like twenty five years late
>>
I haven't been giving attention to Gathering Storm.

What exactly is Mary Sue about new Eldar? Also do we still use term ELdar, or its Aeldari or some bullshit.
>>
>>51641983
I still doesn't see capeshit on your pictire.
>>
>>51641963
Magnus is honestly too obvious of a choice. And he and TSons are only decent Chaos villains anyway.
>>
Is Inferno scanned yet? If so, could I please get a link?
>>
>>51641983
That's epic friendo. A 6mm game with a completely different scale. Where you routinely put titans on the table.

And those are the demon primarchs.
Whatever your point is you are not making it very well.
>>
>>51641983
Angron just had to scratch his balls while they were making his miniature
>>
>>51641995
Read the previous thread.
One of the kids (or shills) posted the book.
>>
>>51641995
well first is their new rules
next is the superfriends autism
now they fucking cure girlyman and save celestine and some other imperials from failbaddon who actually did something, emphasis on something.
>>
>>51642009
>Where you routinely put titans on the table.
yeah, standard 40k

>And those are the demon primarchs.
I'm sorry do daemon primarchs not count or something?
>>
>>51641995
The Ynnari bitch shattered the gates of khaine when she was "reborn" with psychic powers, flooding comorragh with daemons

Then she undid Ahriman's Rubric, something Magnus couldnt do in 10,000 years

Then the phoenix rangers flew out of her asshole and single handedly destroyed a horde of greater daemons

Also Yriel was killed by a GUO but was brought back to life by GUESS WHO
>>
>>51641941
Please be Magus&Russ. Fuck the Yiffs. Also my librarius conclave deathstar needs more stuff and Magus would be great addition to it.
>>
>>51641941
W...what? Oh god, where was this mentioned?
>>
File: Leman_and_Wulluffs.jpg (899KB, 1833x1148px) Image search: [Google]
Leman_and_Wulluffs.jpg
899KB, 1833x1148px
>>51642009
>implying
>>
>>51641901
Undid the rubric whilst fighting the forces of Tzeentch in the webway and suffered zero consequences. Why would the Eldar death God even be able to influence humans let alone rubric marines?

The new Eldar God is more powerful then Tzeentch apparently AND directly responds to requests. Chaos Gods are you even trying?
>>
>>51641983

Can't wait to see Fulgrim.
>>
>>51642041
>freaking out over baseless rumours
I bet you thought an entirely revamped plastic sister of battle lineup was coming this month, too.
>>
>>51642026
still not making your point very well
>>
>>51642026
yeah cause they are the ones who are supposed to be around in the timeline.

>>51642042
did you know that leman russ was a commander of the imperial army at one time.
That incarnation is not really the same as what the primarchs are these days.
First indicator might be that they are twice as big as that guy these days.

Anyway Guilliaume and Russ are both supposed to come back at the End times according to the old fluff.

So the whole 'nah it's totally not gonna happen' statement by GW sounds like bullshit.

But whatever.
40k jumped the shark a few years ago already.
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 1500pts.jpg (237KB, 900x1028px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 1500pts.jpg
237KB, 900x1028px
Should I use this list or replace the Basilisk with a Chimera and other stuff for the Command Squad? I only have a single Chimera in my collection currently.
>>
>>51642081
>Guilliaume was supposed to come back at the End times according to the old fluff
The sad thing is someone in this thread will probably believe you.

Russ is the only one who had an "I'll be back" statement. Vulkan later had one awkwardly stapled onto the 5th edition original character. All we know about Guilliman was that he was in stasis as an obvious deus ex machina for later plots.
>>
My Aspiring Champ form Rubric Marines unit can generate 1 power form Tzeentch discipline.
In Traitor Legion book, it says that any psyker from Chaos Space Marines can generate powers form heretech, ectomancy, geomortis and sinistrum.

So I actually have 5 disciplines to choose form instead of one?
>>
>>51642120
>all the cool Primarchs died
>Guilty Robotman was preserved to be brought back
Why is the universe (read: GW) so cruel
>>
File: Hammer the Hammer.png (162KB, 749x294px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer the Hammer.png
162KB, 749x294px
So how it feels younger brother, still feels safely behind your large playerbase?
>>
>>51642123
Nope because two Space Wolf fanboys wrote your supplement.
>>
>>51641941
I will legit quit 40k if they squat Slaanesh, this game has already jumped the grox a million times by now but this would be the final straw. I'm not going to pay money to some neutered corpse of an IP that shit on people who paid money for slaanesh miniatures just to appeal to babby axeman13 who has retarded puritan parents. But so far these memes haven't really come to fruition, the only worrying thing is literally zero Slaanesh mini updates in forever.
>>
>>51642135
Pretty much all of the (non-sanguinus/ferrus) loyalist primarchs have been conveniently MIA and able to come back at a moments notice. Lion and Guilliman are just the ones with IMMEDIATE access.

corax "went into the eye of terror"
khan "got caught in a warp storm"
dorn "went missing, they only found his hand"
vulkan "just fucking disappeared like a black dad"
russ "awoo wufftime"

Guilliman is just the coolest and most interesting one
>>
>>51642081
>First indicator might be that they are twice as big as that guy these days.

Unless I'm completly mistaken, that's a relatively new thing. GW seems to make thing bigger and bigger since upgrading the marines to the 32mil bases.
Even the new SoB sized inquisitor and the new canoness got 32mil bases when there is not logical reason for that.

I really understand why this is happening but I don't exactly like it.
>>
>>51642123
It works the same way in the base CSM codex.

tl;dr ksons champs can only generate powers from the tzeentch table, because a sorcerer must generate powers from the god's table if they have to mark, between one to up to half of their total powers rounded down.
>>
>>51642162
*rounded up
>>
>>51641963
Could be, considering Yvraine and the Ynnari can restore the Thousand Sons rubrics.
>>
>>51642155
Guilliman did literally nothing interesting
>>
>>51642178
>made the modern imperium
He is definitely the most interesting loyalist they could have chosen.
>>
>>51642120
>The sad thing is someone in this thread will probably believe you.
he was in the shrine on ultramar and people believed he'd come back in a time of need. pretty sure that is how it goes.
>>
>>51642178
Perfect primarch for "nothing interesting" chapter.
>>
>>51642183
Oh, you're just baiting. Good job. Here's a (you).
>>
>Aspiring Sorcerers can buy ML2 for 25pts
>Rubrics down to 18ppm
>Flamer is free
>Soulreaper cannon is 15pts and can be bought per five
>SOTs all get two wounds and each can buy Soulreaper cannon
>Exalted Sorcerer starts with ML3

Y/N?
>>
>>51642220
Why would the flamer be free when it's not free for anyone else?
>>
>>51641941
Mort from the drago brand on his heart.
>>
I wish the Thousand Sons played on the tabletop like they sounded in their fluff.
>Bunch of fucking awesome sorcerers doing cool unique spells
>Waves of fire from the rubrics fucking shit up
>Daemon allies helping out in the background

In reality
>Withcfires are useless and youre no better at it than anyone else
>10 rubrics cost 300 points meaning your AP3 means nothing because they have 3 times more guys and they're in cover anyway
>Daemons do everything you want but better if only you had the points to take some

Feels fucking bad man.
>>
>>51642239
Because they have to swap AP3 bolters for it.

Plus, flamer itself is terrible because of that dumb "give enemy FnP" rule, so it's never worth the points.
>>51642254
>I wish the Thousand Sons played on the tabletop like they sounded in their fluff.
You mean like 30k TSons?
>>
>>51642183
>manager
>interesting
Pick one
>>
>>51642155
Im not a smurfs fan but Guilliman or a loyal Lion are probably the imperiums best choice for first primarch back into the shitshow.
>>
>>51642267
>You mean like 30k TSons?
No. Read >>51640714 and >>51640844

Sound fucking awesome to me but I know in the game its worthless. I had such high hopes they'd fix the TSons and instead we got worse. Cant wait for the next update in 10 years.
>>
>>51642267
Since when have flamers given enemy FnP? Or is it a Tsons specific thing?
>>
>>51642283
Basically this. While Khan may be more interesting by himself than Guilliman a dude going fast doesn't really have the same impact as a good tactician, especially with Trazyn stealing Creed.

If Lion does turn traitor (which would be annoyingly pointless and obvious) then Guilliman is the best choice.
>>
Hey, guys, why do you think GW decided to make Emperor the weakest of chaos gods?
>>
>>51642004
>Ahriman and Magnus set aside their ten millenia long split with no development and go to attack Fenris
>again
>and fail to kill the space wolves
>again
>but claim victory because they accomplished some hitherto never mentioned or hinted at objective
>again
Oh, okay, well, at least we still have Ahriman's quest to unfuck the Rubric. Oh wait, the new Eldar characters literally undid it as a spur of the moment gambit to fuck with Ahriman.
>>
>>51642300
They force enemy unit to do a T check, eat D3 more wounds if they fail or get +1/6+ FnP if they succeed. Those wounds cas be saved by invu and FnP anyway.

You have to pay 7pts for that crap.
>>
>>51642300
Tzeench flames gives FnP if you pass toughness test, i guess thosand sons flamers work the same way.
>>
>The Thousand Sons were a force like no other. In the name of enlightenment, they had dabbled with the energies of the Warp so deeply that a flaw in their genessed had mutated out of control, with some of their number turned into fleshy monsters robbed of all sanity

So this is a retcon right? Because the flesh change almost killed off the TSons before they even met Magnus? Where the fuck is this coming from?
>>
>>51642274
>space manager
>not interesting
Pretty much everyone else is just a meathead that hits things real hard.
>>
>>51642318
I thought they fucked up the Space Wolves up pretty bad though
>>
>>51641901

Wait. By undid the Rubric...you mean the Rubric of Ahriman?
>>
File: Blood Angels - 6500pts.jpg (860KB, 900x3777px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Angels - 6500pts.jpg
860KB, 900x3777px
Who wants a quick game boys?
>>
>>51642340
This. Besides if being a burly man of hitting real hard would have unfucked the galaxy it would have been done already. We need Robby-Bobby G to play some Transport tycoon deluxe: Galactic edition.
>>
>>51642307
But there's been nothing to suggest in their own fluff that Lion was a traitor. It would be massively annoying to every Dark Angels player. Presuming they still exist. I used to play them around 5th/6th edition, although I stopped after getting shit for playing a Deathwing army. I still kind of feel invested in their fluff, I guess.
>>
>>51642340
Yeah Space Kirby will be mush more interesting
>>
>>51642350
They inflicted some losses, sure, but nothing of real value was lost.

I wouldn't really care if they had either A) destroyed Fenris and left the Space Wolves as a fleet-based chapter OR B) not included the retarded subplot and just let the Thousand Sons lose outright. It's the constant need to make sure everyone wins that pisses me off, coupled with pissing all over existing plots and characters. The Ahriman-Rubric thing is really what pisses me off. That's pretty much THE fundamental ongoing plot issue with the Thousand Sons and it was resolved with zero build-up or care as a throw-away bit of an Eldar book.
>>
A GW rep at the LVO when asked if the Tau would get more models for Fires of Cyraxus he said there is a high probability of them getting more models. Plural. He said that it/they are't a fast attack. We know there is a leaked picture of the reworked Tigershark.

I hope its the long rumored Tau super heavy tank. It would be awesome if it was another titan though. Any other ideas?

Also with fracture of biel tan fluff out it's pretty clear the Tau won't be allying with the IoM/Eldar for their grand alliance. Which leaves TauCrons as the only real possibility.
>>
>>51642383
I was basing this off the 1 of each turns, because the dark angels have all their bullshit over the fallen and Lion spent all his time not being understood (even though he was clearly loyal)

If it does happen it'll be fucking retarded and annoy me even as someone with no vested interest in dark angels.
>>
>>51642406
Well they undid it to like five marines and then killed them off again, so I doubt that's the end-all of the Rubric plot.
>>51642375
I say bring back Rogal Dorn to lay siege to everything.
>>
>>51641946
lolnope
>>51642410
oh please lord as its not more suits i'll be happy
>>
>>51642406
>and it was resolved with zero build-up or care as a throw-away bit of an Eldar book.
No it wasnt? New Eldar god released a couple of marines not all of them. It was even leaked in the last thread and youre talking shit? It's retarded enough you dont need to lie.
>>
>>51642410
Awww yiss /ss/ robot uprising from the east coming near you!
>>
>>51642406
>The Ahriman-Rubric thing is really what pisses me off.
Just makes it seem like tzeentch has a vested interest in keeping magnus/ahriman/the dust bunnies as they are, and eldar magic ain't going to have the same kind of oversight.

>>51642417
>bring back siege man and have him siege many things
Really pushing new boundaries there. Definitely going to shake up the setting.

Once you have organizing man organize things, you can bring in the other mans to comment on how he organized things/display their personality quirks and also display their specific brand of "killing people until they die"
>>
File: Sarge destroyer of worlds.png (132KB, 298x388px) Image search: [Google]
Sarge destroyer of worlds.png
132KB, 298x388px
Does anybody actually upgrade their sergeants to this level?
>>
>>51642373
>By undid the Rubric...you mean the Rubric of Ahriman?

Ahriman trapped Yvraine, the Yncarne, and the Visarch in an attempt to feed them to Tzeentch. He returned them to the Webway when Yvraine managed to bring a dozen Rubrics back to true life - one of them even called Ahriman "brother" and referred to him by his first name.

Then she had a Wraithknight cut open the webway and blast the resurrected Thousand Sons into warpspace.
>>
Reading the new Ynnari rules, the Yncarne and Yvraine can only get Revenant and Daemonology(Sanctic) powers but as they are not Grey Knights they peril on doubles when trying to cast the sanctic powers, wtf GW?
>>
>>51642428
>New Eldar god released a couple of marines not all of them
Not God, only emmysar, released during the fight against Ahriman, released by single spell.
>>
>>51642465
>but as they are not Grey Knights they peril on doubles when trying to cast the sanctic powers, wtf GW?

So? It's the same with Craftworld Eldar. They're restricted to Sanctic Daemonology as well, but don't get any special protection when using it.
>>
>>51642460
Wow.

The resurrection part feels both awesome and heartwarming...but the latter sucks like the warp-sapce it is.
>>
>>51642475
As if we needed another reason to hate the Eldar.
>>
>>51642473
Yeah but craftworld eldar can use other powers as well, while they are forced to use either the not so great Revenant table or peril themselves, IMO this makes Yvraine almost useless
>>
>>51642428
You're quibbling. An Eldar managed to undo what Ahriman has been trying to undo for millennia at a moment's notice.
>>
>>51642482
Revenant has some decent shit. Soulburst on demand is amazing, that BS buff is decent and they have bunch of witchfires that could be useful.
>>
>>51642453
Probably not, but its nice that they pack sprues with the option of it now
>>
>>51642466
Yeah and thats the retarded part.

>>51642487
It's not quibbling you said somethi8ng wrong own it. A dozen marines were freed not all of them, then butchtits tried to kill them. You think thats the end of the rubric saga?
>>
>>51642460
>Ahriman trapped Yvraine, the Yncarne, and the Visarch in an attempt to feed them to Tzeentch.
Oh poor Ahriman, you was so close to save 40k, but you will be avenged, there are still forces who can punish this shit, even you, if GW decides to kill you or turn into Imperium Secundus loyalist.
>>
>>51642482
>the not so great Revenant table

The Revenant table's pretty good. Word of the Pheonix and Ancestor's Grace are both solid buff spells. Unbind Souls will murder a horde unit and even against tougher enemies, you only need one dead model to get a free Soulburst action. Storm of Whispers and Spirit Hook are okay-ish, Gaze of Ynnead is expensive by lets you pop tanks, the only really BAD power there is Shield of Ynnead.

And she brings more to the table than just her psychic powers. She increases the Soulburst range to 14" for her unit, she's respectable in combat, and gets a lot of warp charge dice to play with. A bit jack-of-all-trades but hardly almost useless.
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 600x620px
I got two of this bad girls by accident (GW lost a package, GW sent new one, package arrives a month later, also two Vyridians)

I originally got it because I like the model, but with Castellans of the Imperium, detachements and formation, it seems I can start my Dominion squads inside this bad girls.

If not guess they are going back to Repressors. Any good use for Valks?
>>
>>51642466
Are we doing another FoC and say Cawl blew up Cadia?
>>
>>51642538
No this actually happened.

Look for the previous thread.

It's like the last photo of the boo posted with a big Black section on the right hand bottom page.
>>
>>51642538
Force organization Chart?
>>
>>51642529
>Any good use for Valks
use it as a vendetta, 3 twin linked lascannon who can load up 5 models, i use them to transport my scion's command squand and drop theyr 4 flamers where i need (also general tankbusting and flier hunting)
>>
>>51642538
>shilling even now
>>
>>51642049
>GW making anything Slaanesh related ever again

I have bad news for you anon
>>
File: IMG_20170209_105902.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170209_105902.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
Reposting from the last thread
>>
>>51642571
The box doesn't come with extra lasscannons. Guess it is a trip into the bitz box. I'm sure GW put marine bits in every box I have way too many marine shit for not even playing them.

Also my main Army is SoB so flamer galore is rather cover. Maybe plasma, but the troop choices are already doing that with deepstrike.
>>
>>51642577
More of people saying Cawl blew up Cadia when he didn't.

I know GW went turbo shit by 5th.
>>
>>51642473
Spirit Stone of A'whatshisname and Ghost Helm is all protection one needs.
>>
>>51642616
The best way to convert a Vendetta is to use either Imperial Guard Heavy Weapons Teams' lascannons or Imperial Guard Sentinel's lascannons, if you for some reason have 4 of those.
Otherwise you could probably modify a Predator's lascannon sponsons to fit.
>>
>>51642116
Your useful post unfortunately won't get feedback as it is awash in a sea of autistic back and forth reeee'ing, my friend. Best to post in a list thread to get constructive feedback
>>
So, my old rival, is that true? You turned away from your past and legacy?
>>
>>51642120
Come to think of it, Vulkans revival would have been cooler and more fitting than Guilliman. At least you can have faith that Vulkan will definitely come back from the dead if you collect his toys for him. And salamanders for all the flak they recurve were the most altruistic and humanitarian chapter. But then again Ward has been saving up his spooge for Guilliman so let the sperg have his day
>>
>>51642656
There's a list thread too?
>>
File: CQn00SIUcAACBIK.png (357KB, 600x392px) Image search: [Google]
CQn00SIUcAACBIK.png
357KB, 600x392px
>>51642453
>that stance
I will never be able to take marines seriously until they stop doing this.
>>
>>51642177
Have they done that? Why would they?

Also it would be interesting if Mag did turn loyalist again since it upends the Oreo Malleus/Inquisitorius doctrine that only death can save one from the taint of Chaos.
>>
>>51642736

>Why would they?

As a joke. They jettisoned them off into the warp moments later, presumably while laughing and slapping their knees.
>>
When we send Ynnari-players into their own thread?
>>
>>51642736
I mean,not only would it be ridiculous if anyone could trust a once-daemon-prince. It's impossible to remove that much chaos from anyone, surely. It's not like you can just take some aspirin and get it out of your system.
>>
>>51642756
>It's impossible to remove that much chaos from anyone, surely
It was impossible in old 40k, not in Age of Guilliman.
>>
File: TSons.png (3MB, 1718x1430px) Image search: [Google]
TSons.png
3MB, 1718x1430px
>>51642736
>Have they done that? Why would they?

To distract Ahriman.
>>
File: Hey Look It's Fulgrim.png (2MB, 858x2214px) Image search: [Google]
Hey Look It's Fulgrim.png
2MB, 858x2214px
>>
File: image.jpg (210KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 1000x700px
>>51642647
Think I have some Predator bitz.

Is it legal to start my Dominion inside a Valk/Vendetta if they are from the same detachment/formation?

I don't recall anything saying they can't, but then again factions are an issue. All thou IA allowed different factions to start in the same transport
>>
>>51642764
Thats actually pretty cool stuff. Fuck the haters.

>'Ahzek? Is that you, brother?'
Feels bad man.

Who knows maybe Ahriman can learn from it and fix the problem.
>>
>>51642763
Well I guess we're talking about a universe where gods make war in a universe that has been stagnant for ten millennia and where space travel actually happens through hell, where genetically engineered super soldiers fight Satan and Space Elves fight killbots from planet Zog, I don't think there's sharks left to jump.
>>
File: 1436832913543.jpg (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1436832913543.jpg
36KB, 300x300px
>when you get into Nids at the tail end of 4th edition
>when robin crudface castrates your codex two months later in fifth
>when everyone wants to play you because you're a free win
>when genestealers can't sweeping advance
>when carnifex cost more than leman russ
>when you no longer have 2+ saves
>when you can't ally anyone
>when different biomorphs don't count as ccw
>when everyone you play has 3+ saves and a 4' range
>when they will gnash their teeth at you if you CAD with GSC
>when they seeth because you took a flyrant
>when your special characters are toxicly overpriced
>when Old One Eye regenerates wounds worse than an eldar

I want off this crazy ride.
>>
Sorry to interrupt, just got one random question quick which if someone who has the book can clarify please; so it seems like Bieltan doesn't get destroyed or really split into a fleet (in your face naysayers) but just heavily damaged, at the end of Fracture is Bieltan still populated and a thing which they're intending to repair?

Cause so far, other than the Ahriman part and wanking Guilliman a bit, this seems like a good book fluffwise so I'm hoping my fav Craftworld is still in it, even if damaged that's fine, they can always repair.

Can anyone answer this? I'd like to know before I get to access it on saturday if possible
>>
>>51642410
Please no more f'ing gundams. Xv8s? Cool. XV81s? Cooler. XV8 commander? Ok kind of pushing it. All the lther monster suits? Completely tactically and logically retarded. Its like an ethereal started watching anime and thought that its a good idea to make big bipedal robots instead of heavy armored gunships and tanks. Has nobody in 40k realized that putting your superweapon on two legs just gives your enemy 2 simple targets to completely immobilize it? Fuck, all you really need to do is bust one leg and the stupid thing will go crashing down. It made sense when mechs got as big as dreadnoughts. Shit just went autistic when they gave every race a giant gundam centerpiece.
>>
>>51642803
Shouldn't put your faith in psyker eh brother?
>>
>>51642764

That is a level of pure dickishness that I can really appreciate.
>>
>>51642803
Ahriman will go to Magnus and tell him that there is no reversing the Rubric whilst they worship Tzeentch. Tzeentch has been keeping the Ksons under his bootheel for ages and has no intention of letting them go. Mag will get super butthurt and will go into the warp to face Tzeentch mano a mano, and the Emperor's psychic projection will help him out in the battle. Tzeentch will be severely fucked up and will relinquish his hold over the ksons in exchange for mercy. They won't give him any but Tzeentch will manage to escape and break the Golden Throne in a just according to keikaku moment for the ages, and emps will die.
>>
>>51642831
Walkers are very 40k though.
>>
>>51642827

Biel-tan is all jacked up, but it's still there. There's a line saying that it'd take decades, even centuries to fix, but it's still salvageable. So yeah, it's FoC all over again with /tg/ being full of shit.
>>
>>51642839
>Emps will die
But that's like killing Goku in DBZ
>>
>>51642850
WHAT THE FUCK IS A FoC
>>
>>51642867
Force Organization Chart
>>
>>51642803
>Thats actually pretty cool stuff
>literallyWho Marry Sue who appears from nowhere ends the whole TS plotline in one paragraph
>cool stuff
Shill harder.
>>
>>51642867

Fall of Cadia.
>>
>>51642831
XV9 at least look sexy.
Where is my IA14?
>>
Every time I think about just biting the bullet and buying a small Sisters of Battle army from GW seeing the prices feels like getting slapped in the face with a frozen trout.
>>51642871
It's not an end though. Maybe the beginning of the end, but not THE end.
>>
>>51642818
>when you play old one eye in 4th
>when he is down to his last wound against tau
>when in a desperate gambit, three embittered firewarrior's charge him
>when the dice gods themselves laugh as they wound him
>when you opponent laughs as you roll a one
>When the filthy tau survivors piss on his corpse as he fails to revive
>i know that feel
>>
>>51642871
You seem like a unique and interesting person.
>>
>>51642850
So it just got damaged? That's fine, as long as the Craftworld and its populace still exist they can fix it. So Bieltan is then still populated, yes?

I'm relieved, even if its damaged and stranded that's fine, as long as it isn't out of commission and abandoned.

Thank you anon
>>
>>51642871
>>literallyWho Marry Sue who appears from nowhere ends the whole TS plotline in one paragraph
Look Mom I posted it again!
>>
>>51642871

>ends the whole TS plotline in one paragraph

This fucking general is pretty predisposed to outrage induced illiteracy. It wasn't every rubric for fuck sakes. It was a handful of dudes. And how is a literal God a mary sue? If Ynnead couldn't rebirth a handful of dudes he'd be a pretty lame God of Death and Rebirth.
>>
>>51642871
It's almost like the Changer of the Ways has no desire to let Ahriman solve the Rubric. It's almost like this is a key facet of the overall ksons story arc. It's almost like you're a fucking retard who can't understand subtext.
>>
>>51642764
Huh. That's actually pretty cool. It seems that she was using the knowledge of a soul inside her, and directly channelling the power of Ynnead.

I'd be annoyed if they didn't mention this again though. This is a huge deal to pretty much all the leading Thousand Sons. It shows that the solution to the Rubric does not reside with Tzeentch, but with a new Eldar god. Would Ahriman be too proud to seek help from these newcomers? Would any sorcerers go rogue and seek their help? Would they even get help? What does Magnus think about this? So many questions from a throwaway move.
>>
>>51642850
Don't blame us, it's what GW said on their stream.
>>
>>51642764

I really like Ahriman's character, I just feel bad for that dude now.
>>
>>51642871
But this isn't the end of the plotline anon this is the beginning of a new chapter for it. There's a real and tangible solution which now exists, maybe Ahriman can even find redemption by turning from Chaos in exchange for saving his brethren.

I doubt Magnus can, as a Daemon Primarch, ever escape Tzeentch now, but Ahriman could.

Besides look at the positive; Ahriman's a more powerful Psyker than Eldrad, Kyaduras, Yvrainne and Ynnead combined apparently since none of them can do anything to him.

Like in Wrath of Magnus why didn't Ahriman use this trick on Arjac when he got attacked?
>>
>>51642827
>but just heavily damaged, at the end of Fracture is Bieltan still populated and a thing which they're intending to repair?
Most of population died, only fews survived, and they all grateful to Ynnari for destruction of their home and joins to them.
Enjoy being one of the cuckest and irrelevant faction.
>>
>>51642886

>So Bieltan is then still populated, yes?

I skim read it to be honest, but I don't remember any mention of loss of life. There was some skirmishing in the confusion of the the Yncarne's birth, but I don't remember anyone dying at all. It's all been dumped into the last thread so you can read for yourself: >>51637023
>>
Any info on if Yvraine and Celestine have any interactions? Celestine is about the closest the Emperor has to an Avatar like Yvraine so it seems like it could be a very cool scene. If not so likely to be combative.

>>51642045
>Why would the Eldar death God even be able to influence humans let alone rubric marines?

Seems at least in part that she's tied to death/lost souls in general rather than purely Eldar ones. Much like the Chaos gods work with the emotions of all races, even though Slannesh was spawned by the Eldar. The Rubric Marines very much are lost souls.

But that's just a guess.
>>
>>51642529
>Castellans of the Imperium, detachements and formation, it seems I can start my Dominion squads inside this bad girls.
Still different factions so you can't start inside.
>>
>>51642886
So basically:
Doctor: "Your rib has a FRACTURE"
Imbecile: "AAAHA I AM DYING, TELL MY WAIFU I LOVED HER"
>>
>>51642914
>Like in Wrath of Magnus why didn't Ahriman use this trick on Arjac when he got attacked?
Space Wolves fans wrote the supplement.
>>
>>51642879
Fucking hell, I wouldn't even be mad if that happened. That's just heroic.
>>
File: 1474504956327.png (530KB, 750x550px) Image search: [Google]
1474504956327.png
530KB, 750x550px
>haven't played 40k in roughly 4 years
>still have about a thousand points of dark angels, mostly unpainted, gathering dust
>start browsing /tg/ after getting into D&D
>get urge to start playing again
>remember the economic strain
>don't even know anywhere in Phoenix to play, haven't played since moving from Minnesota
>>
>>51642917
Oh hey shitty english Anon, knew you couldn't be far behind.

>>51642919
>I skim read it to be honest, but I don't remember any mention of loss of life

What do you make of this, then?
>>
>>51642914
>But this isn't the end of the plotline anon this is the beginning of a new chapter for it.
Nope it's beginning of the end, the problem is already solved.
>Besides look at the positive; Ahriman's a more powerful Psyker than Eldrad, Kyaduras, Yvrainne and Ynnead combined apparently since none of them can do anything to him.
Yeah, just like Brets in Siege of Altdorf.
>>
>>51642917
I did read the bit and most of the population didn't die, they actually won the battle quite convincingly. What they lost, it seems, was the souls already in the Infinity Circuit, so the already dead Eldar, not most of their population.

I'm no Ynnari fan, for sure, but from the sounds of it what happened to Bieltan was more like what happened to Iyanden with Kraken (but worse) rather than being squatted as a separate faction completely.

>>51642919
I did read those parts anon, wasn't sure if I missed something so I asked. It seemed to me to suggest that the Bieltan is still populated and functioning, though much reduced, and that's all I want really, that the Craftworld is still around even if damaged and reduced. Hopefully when I get the book saturday I'll know for sure.
>>
>>51642856
Who died twice already.
>>
>>51642919
>but I don't remember anyone dying at all. I
There was massive collapse of the whole construction and Chaos attack how many of population survived in cataclysm, how do you think?
>>
File: Orks - 1500pts.jpg (158KB, 900x938px) Image search: [Google]
Orks - 1500pts.jpg
158KB, 900x938px
>>51641901
How absolutely worthless is this army? It's pretty much the only orks I got. Except the Morkanaut but that thing is so badass that I have to have it.

The plan is pretty simple. Cower around the morkanaut turn 1 and 2, WAAAAAGH and kill everything.
>>
>>51642764
fucken pranked
>>
>>51642894
It figures that the people that like this are the people that know fuck-all about Ahriman and TS lore.

Ahriman doesn't like Tzeentch or worship him at all. Ahriman has always been trying to get into the Black Library to plunder Eldar secrets.
>>
>>51642927
Yeah I think its a good guess, after all Chaos Gods hold providence over more than one race, why not Eldar Gods?

Lets not forget that Khaine, for example, has already been shown to canonically be able to empower Orks with aggression and feed off of them, so perhaps similarly Ynnead can effect the Souls of non-Eldar in a similar way.
>>
>>51642966
Most of them, according to the book.
>>
>>51642943
>Oh hey shitty english Anon, knew you couldn't be far behind
Any arguments, fanboy?
>>
>>51642764
I could see Ahriman changing sides after this, literally its his one desire.
>>
>>51642932
They were tau in farsight colours, basically orks had taught them well how to provided a good krumping. I was young though so i was mad. Much banter was had.

But I still say fuck the dice gods.
>>
>>51642977

It would fit with how, mechanically, they can soulburst off enemy units dying not just her allies.

All death empowers her, not just eldar death.
>>
>>51642967
It's pretty bad but you can't expect much more from Orks.

Put the flashgits with the mek in the morkanaut and have them to jump out and shoot?
>>
>>51642967
Feel free to ignore my opinion, but to me it seems like if you cower for 2 turns you're gonna get tabled by any shooty army.
>>
>>51642930
Yeah people went crazy, which is why I mostly stayed out till the scans came in. From the looks of it Bieltan just takes a beating, but in 40k beatings are always recoverable from.

As long as its confirmed the Craftworld, damaged or not, is still around with an Eldar Society living on it, then the Craftworld is still there.
>>
>>51642982
Book says not that many deaths on Biel-Tan, and that they win the battle in the end, even if the Infinity Circuit got destroyed.

And Biel-Tan isn't destroyed.
>>
>>51643005
The core of craftworld was consumed
>>
>>51642931
Still it seems kinda egregious; Ahriman can't beat Arjac and some Space Wolves but casually takes out the Incarnate of a God holding back Warp Storms the Galaxy over, Yvrainne and the Visarch with one move?

I'd have prefered if the book just explained it was possible cause Tzeentch was personally putting his power behind it (since the book seems to suggest Tzeentch is there) cause otherwise it just looks like Ahriman only uses his powers to fight Eldar and jobbed on purpose to the Wolves
>>
>>51643003
thats the plan. thats why i got them ammo runts. they have to kill something when they pop out.

>>51643004
i cant charge him turn 1 but if i can reach a unit or two turn two ill go for it but its unlikely without storm boyz or trukks i think.
>>
>>51643001
Good point. And since we know already that even Orkish aggression can empower Khaine, why not human souls empower and be suceptible to Ynnead?
>>
>>51643016
No argument there. The biggest loss was certainly the entire Infinity Circuit.

But lets focus on the fact that an Avatar tied with Skarbrand. I think thats the best an Avatar of Khaine has ever managed to achieve
>>
>>51642955
>What they lost, it seems, was the souls already in the Infinity Circuit
And craftworld cannot exist without it.
>and most of the population didn't die
Proofs?
>'m no Ynnari fan
Of course, you are just shill who keeps shitposting in threads "everything okay, it's totally nothing like ET or AoS".
>>
>>51642942
where in pheonix?
>>
>>51643033

Which might lead to some odd interactions between her and Celestine.

Celestine's issue is that since she's been basically brute forcing her resurrection, every time she comes back a little weaker and a little less herself and she's afraid there might be nothing left to return before her duty is done.

So we have someone who's routinely coming back from the dead, is an ally and has issues that could likely be seriously helped by a friendly goddess of death.

I'll be honest: A SOB/Ynnari team up formation would get me buying all over the place. Mixed faction formations of all sorts are a really cool thing that hasn't been touched on much in 40k until just now.
>>
>>51643044
Well, if by "loss" you mean now infinity circuit flies around space leeching souls and kicking ass of eldar enemies, they yea, its a loss.
>>
>>51643054
Laveen, sort of.
I'm not even sure if I will start playing again, but remembering the good times makes me want to again. Plus, I really enjoyed the modelling part of it. I've compensated for it by kitbashing and painting mecha musame figurines but it's not the same
>>
>>51643070
And the porn would be gr8
>>
>>51642764
I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this. One one hand, I have absolutely no issue with Ynnead's followers possessing the ability to potentially reverse the Rubric, with their specialisation in soul-manipulation and the like on top of being Eldar. On the other, I don't think the situation was handled tactfully at all, and basically just had one character 'click their fingers' and pull it off with no preparation, which to me seems more than a little disrespectful to the TS storyline.
>>
>>51643019
>and jobbed on purpose to the Wolves
Wait are you telling me one of the oldest named characters in 40k shouldnt have lost to a character introduced in 5th edition?

IT WAS WRITTEN BY SPACE WOLF FANBOYS.
>>
File: 1476117522416.png (242KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476117522416.png
242KB, 480x480px
>>51642791
Holy shit! Is this from the new gathering storm book?
>>
>>51643088
I think they just caught Tzeench unprepared, which is a feat in itself, but still.
>>
>>51643070
I'm actually just genuinely interested in how the Imperium is going to possibly square a long term alliance, more than just the usual 'we were fighting but now badder dudes show up lets fight them' scenario to its populace.

I'm already kinda surprised how chill Celestine is about Xenos, considering she's an SoB. I mean its good, but I'm surprised. Also I do fear the Ynnari are being far to naieve about Guilliman. The only Primarchs to ever show any kinda of opposition to the Emperor's position of destroying aliens on principle was Horus, Fulgrim and Magnus, I don't recall Guilliman ever questioning it at all, so I don't quite see what makes the Ynnari confident Guilliman won't turn on them the moment he can.
>>
File: shopping list.png (144KB, 629x693px) Image search: [Google]
shopping list.png
144KB, 629x693px
S-should I
I just want a small allied force for my other Imperial armies
>>
>>51643083
head down baseline till you hit mcclintock go north till you hit E southern ave, that's my old LGS game depot, nice place. good people.
>>
>>51642893
>GW writting
>subtext
>>
>>51643044

Oh please, Greater Daemons job waaaay more than Avatars. Especially Thirsters. No Avatar has ever been single handedly defeated by an Inquisitor. Avatars have jobbed a handful of times, whereas The Phoenix Lords and Yncarne killed like 6 Lords of Change in one fight.
>>
>>51643088
It is one of two problems I have with the book, which is otherwise pretty good for GW.

The concept was good but, yeah, it was so abrupt it raises questions. I'd have bought it more easily if the Spirit Sage who seems to give her the idea had been woven into the narrative more as having knowledge of Chaos.
>>
>>51643101
Yeah, true
>>
>>51643128
nah
>>
>>51642893
>Changer of the Ways has no desire to let Ahriman solve the Rubric.
Sure he does. Tzeentch literally plans on letting Ahriman do it and then deleting him from existence afterwards. If you don't know shit about the lore in question, don't talk shit.
>>
>>51643070
>. Mixed faction formations of all sorts are a really cool
>t.AoSlibtard
>>
>>51642929
Well that sucks. Guess I'll just put some random Veterans with plasma guns in them. Because putting scions inside those things is rather silly

Specially when Scion can already deepstrike on their own

Is there anything in the IG codex that is 5 men strong that can actually fit inside a Vendetta?
>>
>>51643114
>its good
Yeah, what could possibly be bad about GW pissing all over established lore in order to peddle terrible campaign books full of awfully written rules and ugly models.
>>
>>51643114

I think the SOB thing goes to something I read in the SOB novels. A Veteran SOB talking to a rookie who was badmouthing Psykers in general as abominations.

The SOB do not hate or fear the Psyker. They fear and hate the Witch. The Psyker that uses his powers to oppose the will of the emperor and to aid the ruinous powers.

I could see some room (If in an odd way) for squaring away 'Eldar' as 'Not Witch' if they are an ally of the Emperor and the Imperium. It's a bit of a stretch but St Celestine has proven herself pretty willing to work with anyone if it helps the Imperium survive.

Mind you, getting the ECCLESSIARCHY to agree to that is another matter. As the SOB (At least going by the SOB novels) are a lot more levelheaded and logical a group than the people they work for, who mostly just deal with 'Decadence and arguing fanatical semantics'.
>>
>>51643140
There are more Greater Daemons than Avatars but your point is taken.

Also I'm one of those people who thinks Greater Daemons should be better in Fluff, for sure.

But my point still stands, tying with Skarbrand is, I think, the most impressive feat any Avatar of Khaine has ever performed, and I'm happy for it. For a change the Avatar didn't job.

Now I'd be just as happy if someone like Angg'arath or Kairos didn't job but managed to beat Dante or Draigo or whoever. That'd make me happy too.

Basically I just in general dislike how certain powerful non-Imperium beings always job, yet we're meant to somehow still take them seriously, and I was glad that the Avatar, for a change, did alright. That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>51643158
Special weapons squad, PCS, CCS/
>>
>>51643044
>But lets focus on the fact
Could shilling be more obvious?
>>
>>51642035
... so... Thousand Sons go from being villains with a neato back story and theme to being regular Space Marines that cost too much and still insist on using a healing flamethrower now?
>>
>>51643174
You call people who stuff people into eternal pain machines and death squads "level-headed"?
>>
am i the only one who is not interested in the eldar story at all?
>>
File: btURQgU[1].jpg (97KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
btURQgU[1].jpg
97KB, 500x418px
>>51643131
So it's on southern and baseline? Wow, I live on southern and 35th and that's the exact route I take to get to college. Thanks for the info!
>>
>>51642791
That conflict sounds a lot cooler than anything the Gathering Storm books have given us thus far. Hopefully they never decide to focus on it and subsequently ruin it.
>>
>>51643128
Why Repentias? I love them but they usually end as DCA riding in a Landraider Crusader from the old Inquistion for Dozer Blade, extra armour and Psybolt.

Repentias without an assault transport just suck. Even with one they suck, but less

Also unless you go for 6 or more PE they are doing nothing

Other than that go for it. Fun little battle nuns
>>
>>51643199
No, there are no "healed" Rubric Marines left alive. They were all thrown into the warp. Literally nothing has changed, except Ahriman might have desires for shapely eldar buttocks.
>>
>>51643172
To be fair in this regard I meant 'good' as in its to the advantage of Celestine, the book itself saying that if not for this accord both the Imperium and Eldar would be doomed.

I admit, fully, that I would have liked Celestine's character fleshed out more fully to explain why she's so accepting of Xenos. I do agree that's an oversight, I don't think its impossible to explain, but I do think GW failed to explain it at all because Celestine's character is largely left completely mysterious. At current my primary accusation of Celestine would be that she seems to have little set 'character' as much as she's a plot device who just seeminly always puts the Imperium on the right track.

That being said I'm optimisitc. But I might be wrong.

>>51643174
I actually more meant she was so accepting of a Xenos, not a Psyker. I think the hatred of aliens runs a lot deeper, particularly Eldar.

But yeah I'm assuming the Ecclessiarchy is going to explode if they find out that some parts of the Imperium want a lasting alliance with Eldar.
>>
>>51643206
Of course they will focus on it in the next book when Guilliman and Ynnead will squatting EC and Slaanesh from the game.
>>
>>51643158

Vendetta can carry afaik 6 people and this is perfect for special weapon teams which are 3 special weapons and 3 lasguns.
>>
>>51643200

I said 'More'. Not that they were without any insanity. This is 40k. I mean, by imperial standards that's pretty tame.

That and the Penitent Engine is an odd one there. It's 90% used in the case of members of the Ecclessiarchy found guilty of corruption or failing dramatically. It's a horrible punishment but it's also one tossed at people who need it more than most.
>>
>>51643199
Yep. They will turned into new Imperium Secundus loyslists.
>>
>>51643203
np man, tell em Robin Sent ya, they will know who i am. disregard any stories about yelling.
>>
>>51643201
Probably not. Its just the hot news right now so unsurprisinly people are discussing it. I've no interest in a Primarch returning, so I'll probably feel the same way come next month.

It happens.
>>
>>51643191
The fuck is that Personal Can Soup?

I'm lost as balls regarding IG last time I actually read their codex was back in 3rd.
>>
>>51643227
Doubtful. Since we already know the new minis will be the three Marines and we know there is a battle on Macragge followed by a battle en route to Terra meaning almost certainl a Battle on Terra, it'd be tough for the narrative to fit in that event.

Particularly considering that occurs contemporaneously with FoC and FoB whereas RotP is occuring after both.
>>
>>51643175

I dunno, remember when an Avatar fought all by itself for days against an Apocalypse scale invasion of two hive fleets and built a mountain out of their corpses? Or the time it killed a Keeper of Secrets with a mother fucking back breaker?

But yeah, it's the fate of big generic respawning monsters to die to plot armoured heroes.
>>
>>51643223

I think part of the issue is that well, the books are a little rushed. They need to have a half dozen factions in a dramatic fight to the death and sell each of them as a credible force in battle.

It leaves little room for introspection and calm analysis of character.

>But yeah I'm assuming the Ecclessiarchy is going to explode if they find out that some parts of the Imperium want a lasting alliance with Eldar.

Who knows, maybe the SOB will have to start chopping Ecclessiarchy heads all over again. Time to go full circle.
>>
>>51643216
Because I really like repentias for how they look, they remind me of the old daemonettes. Also I wanted something close-combat-ish to add to my otherwise shooty army, and the repentias are massively cheap compared to the jump pack troops. I guess I could throw out the Penitent Engine since I can't quite afford that many and buy something else, like the organ gun of doom.
I currently have armies of Space Marines and Imperial Guard they could ally with.
I definitely want something useful if I'm gonna be shelling out money for old metal though.
>>
>>51643223
>the book itself saying that if not for this accord both the Imperium and Eldar would be doomed.
Wow, Order GrandAlliance in space, so good!
>>
>>51643128
SoB plastics probably on the way fairly soon anon. I don't know why you'd buy anything till the end of Summer anyway.
>>
>>51643252

It's the Wolverine issue. Wolverine can regenerate so if someone needs to get horribly murdered/fucked up to sell something he's a good choice.

Greater Daemons and Avatars are Characters, so they have weight but they are also able to respawn so they are expendable from a writers perspective.
>>
>>51643252
The Tyranid thing is mooks so, sadly, has little bearing since in the narrative of 40k, not crunch but fluff, people can go from soloing armies to dying to random characters quickly.

Killing a Keeper of Secrets is cool, but its not like Avatars of Khaine haven't jobbed to them before (like being possessed by them somehow).

But yeah, pretty much the problem is big monsters who are meant to be powerful don't seem powerful cause they've died so much.

>>51643253
For sure. Optimally it'd have been nice to have some novels before FoC and FoB which fleshed out the backstory for Celestine and Yvrainne which was crammed so quickly down our throats in the respective books.
>>
>>51642845
Walkers sure. And I guess titans of the imperium are excused because theyre from humanities retarded years blindly following a mary sue. And Eldar I guess are excused because "its tradition", but for the Tau who are supposedly the new geniuses whose technology is supposedly "progressive", making gundams is basically a step backwards. Id expect them to be making shit that breaks titan shins and serve more purpose than "looking cool"
>>
>>51643252
I too miss second edition avatars.
>>
>>51643251
>Doubtful.
>god of sex and drugs
>in family friendly Age of Guilliman
That's much more doubtful
>>
>>51643269
Agreed and I dislike this mindset in all fiction.

You see it so often, the moment a dude CAN take certain types of damage or die he'll be hit by all kinds of attacks to show them off.

But have the same people fight someone who can't survive that and suddenly they'll be incapable of landing a hit.

I'm not too fond of it. Long story short; I think beings like Avatars of Khaine and Greater Daemons should be stronger in one-on-one fights than most of the mortal characters we've seen them go down too. I understand, particularly for the Greater Daemons, that 80% of this is the result of losing to Marine wank in novels, and I dislike that.

But yeah, I do totally get why it happens.
>>
>>51643267
I'm VERY bad about money management, and once I set my desires on something I can very rarely stop myself.
I want to believe SoB plastics are coming it don't seem likely with this whole Storm of Chaos campaign shit going on.
>>
>>51643175
I can handle random BTs jobbing, but An'ggrath and the like jobbing to anyone that isn't at the very least a primach is depressing.
>>
File: IMG_1864.jpg (78KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1864.jpg
78KB, 450x450px
>>51643229
Cool.

Now I need to sit down and read how the fuck that would work with Castellan formation

>>51643259
You need an assault transport for Repentias. Or run them as DCA with something else like Crusaders in the super Faith train formation, but getting a Landraider Crusader with all the upgrades would be cheaper

Captcha is just trolling now. Where the fuck is the red stop sign here?
>>
File: BAH GAWD.jpg (415KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
BAH GAWD.jpg
415KB, 1024x768px
>>51643285

>like being possessed by them somehow

To be fair, the possession was of a sleeping Avatar.

>Optimally it'd have been nice to have some novels before FoC and FoB which fleshed out the backstory for Celestine and Yvrainne which was crammed so quickly down our throats in the respective books.

WE GOTTA PUSH YVRAINNE FOR SUMMER SLAM!
>>
>>51643313
Eh, I'm different, I think the most powerful servants of Cosmic Entities with near Infinite power, so An'ggrath, should actually be stronger than Primarchs in one-on-one combat.

The way I see it since Primarchs also already have a lot of other skills; leadership, strategy, many are inventors or artificers and such, there isn't a problem representing their influence through their support and command, whereas someone like An'ggrath would still kill them one-on-one in combat.

Same way I think its kinda silly having Kairos be outwitted by them.
>>
>>51643308

I'm a little more giving to Daemons of all sorts going down to people...if they have the right tools. An inquisitor with a Daemonhammer? Yeah, I'll buy it. That's what the hammer is for smashing. A chaplain taking one on with his holy symbol of office? Yeah, I can see it. St Celestine with her miracles and holy sword? Yeah, that makes plenty of sense.

Not so much for say 'Marine with Thunderhammer'. Go get yourself a damn holy weapon.
>>
>>51643324
I still need to read the Adepta Sororitas book, but I don't see any way I can have a Land Raider without taking Space Marines right?
>>
>>51643330
>ywn play a 40k wrestling game

why live ?
>>
>>51643340
As a general rule yes, I mentioned primarch as the baseline because I'm okay with Sanguinus beating Skarbrand (mostly because it's Sanguinus).

An'ggrath should at least be as strong as daemon Angron
>>
>>51643330
Anon I would cum buckets if Khaine actually got to be a major thing again.

Like I'm cool Ynnead's rising and all, but the Lord of Murder will always be first in my heart. Khaine actually having a role in the plot, and kicking arse, would be my Warhammer Wet Dream.

I mean Ynnead's like the new kid on the block, Khaine's been shielding the Eldar for over 10000 years and now Ynnead just comes and steals the show? C'mon, just give Khaine an awesome send off!

What I've always secretly wanted as a Unit is a Gargantuan Creature Avatar of Khaine forged from multiple Avatars fused together who can change what weapon he's equipped with every turn to represent the way, in fluff, the Wailing Doom can take on the shape of the different weapons Khaine used.

It'll never happen but I'd love it.
>>
File: HERE COMES THE KHAINE.jpg (316KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
HERE COMES THE KHAINE.jpg
316KB, 1200x849px
>>51643354

>Not just using create-a-character rumbles
>>
>>51643357
Ka'bandha not Skarbrand*. It's late.
>>
>>51641901
Oh ghaz, what a fucking beast in 3rd ed.

I went to tournaments in the 3rd ed days with my ork army. It was a pretty shit army, because I had no money so I had to make due with whatever I could get my hands on.

But ghazzy always kicked ass. Awesome model, and awesome stats. I cant remember a game where he died, and if he did, he always took a few powerful characters with him.
Most of my army was centered around getting him into a fight with the biggest and baddest model my opponent had, and let my boyz handle the rest.
He could easily go toe to toe with avatars, deamon princess etc.

Favorite character and character rules.
>>
>>51643353
For Repentias no, there is no way. But for DCA you can just run the old Inquistion codex.

You can get Crusaders, Psykers (10 points), DCA, Priest, Acolytes with flamers in the same unit + the Landraider Crusader with Dozer Blades, Extra armour and psybolt in the same FOC slot. Without the need of a formation to do it. Plus cheap Inquisitor with servo skull

Right now? Repentias would need to ally up wait a turn outside of the LRC then hop in.
>>
>>51643267
>SoB plastics probably on the way fairly soon anon.
Bwahahah, you are little late shill, they already released them (3 flying lanwhales in sigmarines armor).
>>
>>51642764
>Ahzek? Is that you, brother?

I'm Angry. Angry about Aeldari.jpg
>>
File: 1486625087737.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486625087737.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
Bout to get into 40k after a 15 year hiatus.

I want to start Necrons because I'm a lazy cunt and just want to spray paint my entire future army silver or gold.

Any advice on what I should pick as a HQ? So many named characters now.
>>
>>51643408
>Bout to get into 40k after a 15 year hiatus.

Don't.
>>
File: warpspider.gif (1MB, 320x277px) Image search: [Google]
warpspider.gif
1MB, 320x277px
>>51643361

>Kelly mentions Reborn Aspect Warriors removing their War-masks as they have Ynnead's protection
>Nevermind venerating Khaine
>Nevermind you still need War-masks to prevent feeding Chaos with the emotions of battle
>Nevermind the entire core defining concept of Aspects is that they don their warrior personas to fight

This is honestly the only thing that really boiled my piss in the book. How do you miss the ENTIRE foundational point of Aspect Warriors? They're literally just Guardians without their helms.

Also, why do the books about Cadia and the Aspect heavy craftworld involve so little emphasis in Cadian guardsman and Aspect Warriors?

That said, this event annoyed me far less than I was expecting. Better than FoC at least.
>>
>>51643354
Are you telling me the thought of the Dakka Boyz always foiling the plans of the high flying tag team of eldar/DE wrestlers trying to take the tag team belt from the Super friends is a game you want to play... Me too Anon. Me too.
>>
>>51643408
Anything that's not named
Buy second-hand
Buy a can of silver spray and a huge pot of nuln oil
>>
>>51641959
>Whines when something that exists in the 40k universe shows up in 40k

Not sure what to tell ya, buddy.
>>
>>51643342
I agree its fair to play up that Daemons get, along with their vast cosmic power, very specific weaknesses. It wouldn't bother me if we got more fluff of the Daemons also actually winning. The problem is very much just the imbalance between how often these, supposedly, scary and poweful things lose and win.
>>
>>51643395
Oh. But is that codex still legal?
>>
>>51643430
>guys, 40k always was Age of Sigmar in Space!
>>
>>51643414
DONT TELL A MAN HOW TO LIVE! You spray paint those machines Anon. You spray them good and hard if thats how you want to be sad with your life, so be it.
>>
>>51643357
Sure, I can dig that
>>
>>51643435
Nope
>>
>>51643367
If Asurmen ever beat a named Marine anyone I'd probably actually do something nice to someone for a change.

Also looks like Ghazz is about to get in there
>>
>>51643430
40k and 30k was waaay better as a setting before they tried to milk it for money by writing the novels and doing the HH miniatures with Primarchs.

If you want to write about a genius you have to be a genius to make it believable or at the very least keep enough of a distance to not completely shatter the underlying concept of the characters by sheer incompetence.

Same thing with Grey Knights. They were cooler when you could only have a maximum of 5 in your army.

Sometimes less is more.
>>
>>51643408
If you want crunch analysis https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Necrons(7E)#HQ

If you care about fluff then the only interesting Necron is Trazyn
>>
>>51643418
Agreed. Along with the Ahriman thing that pissed me off.

I get Ynnead is important now, but I don't want them to take away Khaine's stuff. Also the scene was wierd to me. It says that 'by taking off their War Masks' they're 'honouring another Aspect of Khaine' but which Aspect? Or what does this mean?

But yeah, I didn't like that part at all. I'm very glad the Eldar mentioned a pantheon of Khaine, Cegorach and Ynnead cause, Ynnead's great, but don't forget Khaine! He's been shielding the Eldar long before Ynnead came, be grateful to the grumpy old bastard.

Also, next Eldar book confirmed to be 'The Rescue of Isha' right? Finishing the new Pantheon? Then we got Khaine to go up against Khorne, Cegorach up against Tzeentch, Isha against Nurgle and Ynnead against Slaanesh!
>>
>>51643435
Yes.

>>51643445 is an idiot. The new FoC even takes into account 6e SoB and Inquisition.

You can either use AS, I and/or IA

They even made a recent FAQ for AS.
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
>40k was dethroned less than 2 years ago
>GW already squatting it
kek
>>
>>51643467
>mfw Khaine is everyone's asshole grandpa who took care of them and Ynnead's the new emo kid pushing the Soulburst action
>>
>>51643467
>Ynnead's great,
You have to go back to your general.
>>
>>51643467

>Or what does this mean?

It's called "lampshading". Clearly the writer understood it seems like a fuck you to Khaine and so lazily dismissed it by saying "it's totally honouring Khaine though you guize".

I think Isha's fully dead. The whole Caged Maiden thing was a fable on Lugganath. Eldar dex says she's dead with the other Gods in no uncertain terms. That said, Valedor ended with a vision of the Gods reborn so it could still be on the cards. Killing Slaanesh would probably allow Asuryan to rebirth himself and all his pals.
>>
>>51643015
>And Biel-Tan isn't destroyed.
Biel Tan was destroyed it's infinity circuit was consumed by Ynnead so as heart and the whole construction collapsed.
>>
>>51643496
Well we'll see. Still think the 4v4 duality of Chaos Gods versus new Eldar Pantheon would be cool. Then we just have to finally sometime bring Gork and Mork into it
>>
>>51643522
>Orks
>GW caring.

A guy in the GW stream said Orks are fine. Good luck in getting anything before 9th
>>
>>51643490

Not him, but I do like the core concept of Ynnead. He's been teased since 3rd ed and it's cool to finally see him get models and do stuff. I just wish his role was better intertwined with the other established characters and didn't involve two literal who's calling all the shots.
>>
>>51643541
>Not him, but I do like the core concept of Ynnead
Of course you like it, it's your job.
>>
>>51643532
>A guy in the GW stream said Orks are fine.
??
what stream and who
>>
File: 1388172407384.jpg (37KB, 140x191px) Image search: [Google]
1388172407384.jpg
37KB, 140x191px
>>51643552

>Say good and bad things about new thing
>HURRR SHILLL
>>
>>51643552
>Everyone who dissagrees with me is a paid shill!
thats some /pol/ teir paranoia right there
>>
So who is going to be Mannfrend in the battle for Terra? Since Ynnead looks more and more like Nagash it should be someone from Ynnari triumvirate
>>
>>51643469
interesdasting. I'll see about what I want to buy again, I'm not super fuzzed about using Inquisition.
>>
>>51643564
>bad things
Where?
>>
>>51643582

Try reading the post.
>>
>>51643522
Considering Khaine got raped by Slaanesh and Khorne is stronger than Slaanesh, I don't think that pantheon battle would work out very well.
>>
>>51643588
Yet still all what I see is
>Ynnead is cool
>I want to buy all GW models and you shoukd the same
>>
>>51643592
>Khorne is stronger than Slaanesh

Is that why he failed to wrestle Khaine from a newborn Slaanesh?
>>
>>51643598

Then try taking the cocks out of your eyes and reading the post. It's three sentences you illiterate fuck.
>>
>>51643608
>Then try taking the cocks out of your eyes
Wow, such projections.
>>
>>51643575
Well if anything it is a compromise. Unless you really want to run Repentias with their rules.

Only one time they have work and it was a by sheer luck. They destroy a Knight in Melee.
>>
>>51643592
Anon the power of Warp Gods isn't static, it fluctuates. That's why Slaanesh consumed almost the pantheon whole of old, but now is endangered by Ynnead.

Or consider how for most of the reign of the Eldar Empire their Gods were unchallenged in the Warp and the Eldar feared nothing from Khorne, Nurgle or Tzeentch.

Warp Gods power fluctuates as their ascendency in the material realm fluctuates. I dislike thinking of Warp Gods as having set power levels, I prefer the idea that who is strongest can change rapidly, a resurgent Eldar population and a dwindling Chaos influence for example could lead to a situation where Khaine could challenge Khorne and so on and so forth.
>>
>>51643617
No problem with facing knights in my local meta. They don't seem to like lords of war here. I might bow down to GW and spend the extra bucks for a jump pack squad instead.
>>
If I use 3rd party heads for my renegades will GW stores I get kicked out from any games in GW stores?
>>
>>51643629

You'd be amazed how many people on /tg/ don't grasp that Chaos is chaotic and think there is a set hierarchy.
>>
>>51643659
Might want to check your posts before submitting them.
Also I believe only headswaps won't be a problem. You need to have at least 2/3rds of GW in your model, but it depends on if your local manager is an asshole or not.
>>
right, so because Ork technology works because of the combined psychic strength of their sheer numbers make it work, is it possible that the cult of the imperium is, in part, maintained in order to harness the psychic might of untold quadrillions of humans to bolster the strength of the emperor of mankind upon his golden throne? if orks can make red things go faster and make machines work, surely humans would have an effect on the material world through their own belief.
>>
>>51643676
I realised what I postes when I hit the submint button. The horror.
>>
>>51643693
Only orks. Because orks.
>>
>>51642581
They released the pretty much the most controversial slaanesh models in december naked women with 1 claw hand or naked women riding on a worm with tits. together with Emperors children Character models. besides that slaanesh has so many more aspects that can be used for desing and Fulgrim had very little to do with sex and more with pride
>>
>>51643693
Consider that, over time, the Emperor's capabilities have become markedly more 'holy' in manifestation, what with Celestine and her angelic form or the like. It's always been highly suggested that the Imperial Cult is, in fact, empowering the Emperor into some sort of image similar to that portrayed by the Ecclesiarchy's variant of the Lectitio Divinatus, but it's likely not an intentional effort.
>>
>>51643710
But the time of their Corpse God is over

Now is the Age of Guilliman
>>
>>51643710
Wouldn't it be hilarious for the Emps to be reborn out of belief in his holiness and then he stomps out the whole cult because that shit ain't gonna run in his Imperium of Man
>>
>>51643722
While it would be amusing, chances are the Emperor has been heavily influenced mentally by the surge of power and influence he's hypothetically gained from the collective faith of Humanity, especially considering his fragmented and non-coherent state. Regardless, as far as we are aware it is incredibly doubtful that the Emperor remains even remotely the same as a being compared to what he was, so a resurrected Emps may not be as anti-theistic. At this point, however, it's all conjecture.
>>
>>51643722

If he's reborn as a god, then technically their belief is correct and not false. Plus, giving their faith to the God-Emperor seems easier than trying to stomp out religion in general, as demonstrated by how faith has held the Imperium together for so long.
>>
>>51643722
I doubt worshipping lorgar's book will survive Guilliman's return
>>
>>51643756
Yeah, because all these christianity-like teaching and xenophobia are so conservative, totally not for 8+ setting, just like good guys with heavy europeannknights influence.
>>
So how Heretical is working with xenos? what is the most heretical thing you can do aside from worshiping chaos?
>>
>>51643739
That would be a shame.
>>51643753
But isn't that also what holds the imperium back from progress?
>>
>>51643756
Although without a doubt the biggest question about book 3 is going to be how much, or how little, will the Imperium change?

Fracture's now given us a look at how Eldar society changes and, for the most part, it seems reasonable if cautious with only Vect and the Haemonculi apparently deciding to go up against the entire rest of their species.

So how will the Imperium change if Guilliman takes over? Also what's going to happen to the Dark Angels if the Fallen are fighting alongside Guilliman when it happens?

Also when will we get stats for the King of the Mandrakes cause that sounded awesome
>>
>>51643780
>So how Heretical is working with xenos?
Nothing heretical in Age of Gulliman.
>>
>>51643791
Im asking real questions here anon i dont need your WHFB bullshit.
>>
>>51643789
>Fracture's now given us a look at how Eldar society changes and, for the most part, it seems reasonable if cautious with only Vect and the Haemonculi apparently deciding to go up against the entire rest of their species.
>seems reasonable
Well shilled anon.
>>
>>51643780
considering working with xenos is permitted in dire situations when both parties benefit, probably the most heretical thing would be undermining the imperium, as it would be considered a thought crime to do so as it could undermine the entire hierarchy and social order of worlds if it got out of hand.
>>
>>51643789
I'm really not sure how much I want for the imperium to change. I really like 30k's version of an expanding and innovative IoM but I don't think 40k would feel as 40k if they shaved off half of the grim darkness.
>>
>>51643780
Well, Spesh muhreens had thier share of working with xenos (looking at you Blood Angels), so while its heresy, it can be overlooked if you did it for the better of humanity. Also the most heretic thing apart from worshiping chaos is probably rebelling agianst the Imperium
>>
>>51643797
>i dont need your WHFB bullshit.
>meanwhile Ynnead already able to pure Chaos taint just like Sigmar.
>>
Ynnead is a gestalt entity made from the minds of all dead eldar. Avatar is just those that were released from Biel Tan infinity circuit + those who die in battle and join him.
Eldar ARE a God.

While is emperror is a chump, corpse on the chair basically.
>>
Anyone have the image of the pages where the rubric is undone? I can't seem to find it in the last thread
>>
>>51643818
Thats simply untrue
>>
>>51643811
>40k would feel as 40k if they shaved off half of the grim darkness.
That's the point of Gathering Storm.
>>
>>51643815
Hey Hey in the BA defense there was Nids there and they are a far greater threat the fucking necrons in this situation. The only thing i find as a problem from it is they let them resurrect a fucking C'tan
>>
>>51643826
>Ynnead can cure Nurgle plague
>Ynnead can undone rubric
>Ynnead is invincible to Slaanesh
>>
>>51643811
A bloody purge of the religion and ramping up conflicts with chaos and xenos could keep it grimdark. Have tyranids devour more worlds (and stop sucking in game)
>>
>>51643844
>and ramping up conflicts with chaos and xenos
Cannot happen.
>>
>>51643840
>Ynnead can undone rubric
>implying that chaos shit
>implying thats not soul manipluation

>Ynnead is invincible to Slaanesh
you mean in the same way, a eamon of khorn of nurgle might be 'invincble' to slaanesh, it just stops soul sucking
>>
>>51643856
Was referring to separate things not between each other another tyrannical war for example
>>
>>51643784

>But isn't that also what holds the imperium back from progress?

Well, no. It's more that the massive and significant loss of knowledge during the AI rebellion that capped the end of the Dark Age is at fault for that. Progress is currently a very bad things because no one currently has the knowledge to actually delve into Dark Age technology without it blowing up in their faces, and even when advances are made it's only with extreme caution, thorough adherence to ritualized mechanics, and AdMech approval that it becomes sanctioned.

The AdMech is the only thing holding onto what knowledge anyone's managed to salvage from that age and collect new data, and the Ecclesiarchy is responsible for helping holding the wider Imperium together as a cohesive whole.
>>
>>51643873
I'd just ignore him anon. He's just here to scream shill at you and say that GW is ruining the game. Which they may be but its no use whining about it.
>>
>>51643878
The Imperium was actually well on its way to restabilizing its technological prowess during the Great Crusade, the vast resources and capabilities of the Mechanicum had them inventing and innovating almost everything they were using, with reverence to the ancient STC designs and the laws of Olympus Mons/the Omnissiad creed. However, much like everyone else, the Mechanicum were also turbofucked during the Heresy and now the AdMech are trying to tread the fine line between stagnating too fast and ignoring the stricter safety measures to prevent further loss of data.
>>
>>51643878
It's always been a pretty ham fisted concept, that an empire beset by technologically advanced beings would hamper its own progress if you coudl call just allowing reproduction with well understood concepts.

Are we meant to beleive that tank tracks, wheels or jet engines would be at all relevant in an age of anti-gravity systems or just large scale space fleets?
>>
i'm new to the 40k lore. why does the ecclesiarchy keep the emperor alive in his awful state if he would be reborn anyways?
i know that he serves as some kind of warp guidance but there must be more to it
>>
I don't like the new 40k

It went from "5 minutes to midnight" to "Friendship is magic"
>>
>>51643939
Almost nobody actually knows the Emperor would come back, and virtually nobody thinks of him as entirely dead or shackled to the Golden Throne. Most of the Imperium thinks he's fine where he is and it's all a part of his great, divine plan.
>>
So, if the tsons are cured, we can assume they'll be the ones turning away from chaos, right?
If so, can we assume that the wolves will be going rogue in responce?
>>
>>51643941
No it didn't.
It went from
>5 minutes to midnight

To

>Oh shit, everything is fucked up beyond belief we need some fucking help if we want a chance to survive.

It's a logical progression in the face of the events that occurred.
>>
File: 1484659013081.jpg (216KB, 900x1388px) Image search: [Google]
1484659013081.jpg
216KB, 900x1388px
I can already see the ebin WHFB reference when the conservative craftworld eldar join Vect and covens to battle the Ynnari for no reason.
>>
>>51643939
well the emperor is most revered and loved being in the world, and as for just serving as warp guidance, warp travel would be impossible without his will powering the astronomicon or whatever and guiding people, without any point of reference in the warp itd be a sea of madness with no bearing and the entire imperium would be splintered into millions of tiny pieces without means of communicating or reaching each other.
>>
File: 1892388989.gif (683KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
1892388989.gif
683KB, 500x361px
RESUME OF THE ENTIRE OPERA!

>https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/717304.page;jsessionid=3C48B1F9049CFACF3795E65607D6A5AE#9191082

>“The time of their corpse-god is over,” says Wraithknight Soulseeker. Yvraine, with Iyanna at her side, speaks up then. “No, they must have a new leader,” she says. “If we can raise a new hero that reminds them of the glory of their past, they will follow him just as we cling to our myths.”
>>
>>51643948
Not all of the Rubric was reversed anon. Only a dozen of then were cured. Then cast into the webway to be killed.
>>
>>51643948
Fuck I would love that
But the Tsons aren't cured.
>>
>>51643939

Nobody knows if he's going to be reborn. It's one theory but frankly he could just die and then everything would be fucked.

He's also the only thing powering the Astronomicon, and if that goes out then all of mankind loses the only psychic beacon they have to guide them through the warp and it's a second Dark Age, only with the Necrons, Tyranids, and Chaos at ultimate power to tear the Imperium apart.

Basically, if they get it wrong, it's lights out mankind. And the Ecclesiarchy doesn't keep him alive, technically that falls under the AdMech, and more importantly the Custodians.
>>
>>51643948
God you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>51643933
>using swords, litural space knight wizards, and shoutng fungus men
thats cool
>BUT USING WHEELS REEEEEEEEE
you are a fucking tard
>>
>>51643948
The Tsons are no cured. A small group were healed and then pretty much immediately sent into the webway. Also if they do get cured the Fleshchange might come back as the rubric did very little to cure it except turn everyone to dust and create extremely powerful psykers.
>>
>>51643997
not*
fuck english hard
>>
File: GuillimanMiniNew1.jpg (253KB, 769x982px) Image search: [Google]
GuillimanMiniNew1.jpg
253KB, 769x982px
Guilliman Rules

WS7 BS6 S6 T6 W6 I6 A4 Ld10 Sv2+
Army wide change to doctrines.
Reroll to wound.
Reroll to hit.
All friendly Ultramarines can choose to pass or fail leadership’s.
Leadership can not be modified.
Makes Sternguard troops.

Special Rules

Eternal Warrior
Fear, Fearless
Extremely Bulky
Feel No Pain
Same regeneration as Belisarius Cawl
>>
>>51644010
Sourse?
>>
>>51644022
my ass
>>
>>51643977
I wonder how much his mind changes after eldar manipulation.
>>
>>51644026
Your ass is dumb.
>>
>>51644022

Facebook
>>
>>51643992
I'd say trying to defend a poorly thought out 80s sci-fi setting by your average 40 year old fantasy enthusiasts is retarded. Sci-Fi is supposed to have some element of realism.
>>
>>51644041
40k is Science Fantasy, you fuckwit.
>>
>>51643946
>>51643976
>>51643987
thanks for the quick help!
>>
im looking at starting a daemon army, am i better off going khorn daemonkin or just normal chaos daemons
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>51644032
you could say it's a dumbass
>>
>>51643287
Not the other guy, but I always figured since they're jet pack infantry, legs are practically redundant on XVs in the first place, apart from making it look like a gundam. I might be talking out of my ass, but if you put out a Riptide's leg, what's to stop it from just hovering (provided the pilot can get over the sensation of having his ankle shot)?
>>
>>51644031

Guilliman is smart enough to know that the "End Times" are coming and the eldar are desperate enough to ask him for help.

He knows the value of his allies and alliances, he still Julius Caesar in space for fucks sake.

This is the Part where the coin of fate lands its edge, where no one knows what will become of it next.

>One will be redeemed, One will Fall.
>>
Soo, is there any information in that book who can be allied with Ynnari reborn thing?
>>
>>51644065
CARLOS!
>>
File: Magnus the Rad.jpg (91KB, 468x810px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus the Rad.jpg
91KB, 468x810px
>>51644010
I can take him.
>>
>>51643873
>>implying that chaos shit
>warp isn't Chaos shit
>you mean in the same way, a eamon of khorn of nurgle might be 'invincble' to slaanesh, it just stops soul sucking
Nope, I mean totally invincible.
>>
>>51643973
At least Sigmar wasn't resurrected by elves.
>>
>>51644059
Depends how much of your army you want to be khorne daemons.
>>
>>51644041
40k is about as much sci fi as star wars is.
>>
>>51641901
nani?
>>
>>51641941
I'd say it's Alpharius returning to the Imperium, but...

He's been loyal the whole time.
>>
File: DHArt.jpg (285KB, 1500x1644px) Image search: [Google]
DHArt.jpg
285KB, 1500x1644px
>new not-elves faction
>united two totally different elven nation into one
>leaded by daemon-like character
>use daemon-like magic to extra-kill other daemons
>Innari
Very original GW, very original
>>
>>51644120
Yes they were different and no they weren't exactly friends, but I don't think either Eldar went to great lengths to hunt each other down?
>>
>>51641941

>Fulgrim and Ferrus Manus get merged
>I don't know, somehow
>Warp-fuckery
>Fuck you
>Become Imperium's demigod of figurative metal and literal metal
>Loyalist Sonic weapons and bionics galore
>>
Fucking GW stole my gimmick, its my host that was led by crazy farseer bitch. They now made it Ynnari crap.

Well, whatever, more reason for my farseer to be pissed off.
>>
>>51644120

BTFO wowfag

atleast the eldar doesn't have a blind daemonic emo elf, with a eternal friendzone syndrome and a stalker girl who keeps doing BDSM things to him so he may notice her
>>
>>51643047
not him, but
>And craftworld cannot exist without it.
proof?
>>and most of the population didn't die
Proofs?
TGS 2

fuck man Mr. Bad English Speaker, you seem to be a modest and open-minded person, totally not a sperg-lord whose argumentation is solely built on the words 'shill' and 'proofs?'.
>>
>>51644166
I am not very good with Englsh, can you draw a picture please?
>>
>>51641941
Where did people get the "primarchs turning around" meme from? Did GW say something?
>>
>>51644091
...anon, I don't know how to tell you.
>>
>>51644151
>, but I don't think either Eldar went to great lengths to hunt each other down?
Well may be, but on the other side both good elves blames their "ebil kins" in Fall of their ancient Empire.
>>51644166
>atleast the eldar doesn't have a blind daemonic emo elf,
You almost described Ynnead.
>with a eternal friendzone syndrome
And now you described the whole Ynnari race, who ruled only by Strong Independant Womys
>>
>>51644185

Fallen Dark Angels sighted and fighting alongside the Ultras with Guilliman in pics. This goes alongside the idea that the Dark Angels are the real traitors and the Fallen are the loyalists, despite most Fallen going directly into the service of Chaos.

Whatever is happening, there's some weird shit going down for the DA so it's been suggested that some Primarchs might return loyalist or turn traitor, probably stuck in the idea that there has to be an even 9/9 split Loyalist/Traitor.
>>
>>51644176
>>And craftworld cannot exist without it.
>proof?
>>>and most of the population didn't die
>Proofs?
Previous thread, read it.
>>
>>51643047

>And craftworld cannot exist without it.

Seeing as exactly that is happening, apparently it can. Ynnead is their infinity circuit. He operates the exact same way as a repository of souls.
>>
>>51644215

>Ahriman's Sees Ynnead and realizes how wrong he was, he finally has a change of heart
>>
>>51644215
No
I know what they're doing
bringing back the expunged legions
I'm joking
>>
>>51644249
>Ynnead is their infinity circuit.
Yeah and now there is no Biel-Tan craftworld.
And Infinity Circuit not consumed eldars souls
>>
>>51644100
I think a lot will be
>>
>>51644305

>now there is no Biel-Tan craftworld.

Except that's not true. Go read the book.
>>
>>51644318
>Except that's not true.
It's true they even called Yvraine the killer of Biel-Tan, now it's just bunch of corsairs warbands.
>>
>>51644305

>it will take some time until biel tan is fixed
>>
>>51644305
They just kind of space-quake, and their infinity circuit joined into Yncarne.

They just gonna fill it with new souls, if needed.
>>
>>51644360
>They just kind of space-quake, and their infinity circuit joined into Yncarne.
So it was consumed to create Yncarne (name sounds fammilliar, isn't that some things from Spoony videos?)
Also captcha:Guilleminis
Age of Guillimarines confirmed
>>
>>51644199
His resurrection was unintentional when vortex collapsed, elves gave jack shit about anything but themselves.
>>
>>51644215
Merir astelan always seemed like a nice fallen, bonus points, he fought side by side with the emperor. I wonder if zahariel is still cypher or if he's been replaced in the past 10000 years
>>
>>51644378

and slaanesh is pissed, now that the masque is fucking permadead
>>
File: nope.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>51644344

Stop telling whorish lies.
>>
Put the canoness into the repentia squad, put them in a rhino, have the melta dominions run around in the immolator popping tanks and making rude faces at the enemy while the mandatory troop choice hides in a trench and weeps?
>>
File: 1478639551396.png (192KB, 800x514px) Image search: [Google]
1478639551396.png
192KB, 800x514px
>>51644394
>the masque is fucking permadead
>>
Are Chaos Bikers any good? I was planning on picking up 3 of 'em for my Kill Team.
>>
>>51644415
Nurgle bikers are insane as a killteam
>>
>>51644415
Nurgle bikers with some plasmas are pretty scary.
>>
>>51644422
>>51644430
Just Bikers with the Mark of Nurgle?
>>
File: 1486621354630.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
1486621354630.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>51644394

What? Nothing here suggests perma-death.
>>
>>51644395
>The cataclysm that Yvraine brought unto Biel-Tan
>death of the infinity circuit
>The Yncarne's creation was violent birth
>it was shaken apart. Whole sections of the craftworld withered, split and fel away
>g-g-guys everything is okay
Stop telling whorish lies, shill
>>
>>51644441
init funny how a dozen people can read the same passages and jump to like six different conclusions?

No wonder there're so many branches of christianity.
>>
>>51644438
yes.
>>
>>51644441

she was inside of infinite circuit, and the 1st thing that the yncarne did was purge everything from "will be back in the warp" to fucking permadeath to reclaim all souls back
>>
>>51644438

+1T from bike, +1T from MoN, and Biker so no speed penalty like Slow and Purposeful, circumventing a setback that Nurgle Armies sometimes have.
>>
>>51644464

>'Others raised healing chansons and plainsongs that saw the ash-black skeleton of Biel-tan slowly reform, a cadaverous shadow of its former incarnation, but a might world ship nonetheless'
>It's totally destroyed y-you shill
>>
>>51644438
If its a death guard KT they also get FNP, but -1 I
>>
File: watching it burn.jpg (44KB, 318x558px) Image search: [Google]
watching it burn.jpg
44KB, 318x558px
>>51642764
Oh, that's fucking cruel
>>
>>51644496
>ash-black skeleton of Biel-tan slowly reform,
>but a might world ship nonetheless'
Try harder.
>>
Quick question, do Farsight Enclave monats still need the Bonding Ritual?
>>
>>51642736
Daily reminder that the writer for this shit is a space wolf player.
>>
>>51644532

Don't need to try at all. It just flat out states the craftworld is still around.
>>
>>51644575
>It just flat out states the craftworld is still around.
>oh look it's skeleton this man is still around
>>
>>51642764
>>51642894
>>51642971

It paves the way for his Redemption, and maybe magnus after the Gathering is ended

Magnus serves tzeentch because he had no choice, Ahriman is on the same boat

I can imagine Ahriman pulling now the great sacrifice to save his brothers from Tzeench and redeeming the TSons and Magnus
>>
>>51644580

>If I ignore that it states it's still a mighty world ship I still win right?
>>
>>51644599
>that it states it's still a mighty world ship
[citation needed]
>>
>>51644607
YOU QUOTED IT YOURSELF

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ANON
>>
>>51644607

You're a fucking moron.
>>
File: 1467382482258.png (2MB, 1135x835px) Image search: [Google]
1467382482258.png
2MB, 1135x835px
Plasma Pistols on Khorne Berzerkers yes or no?

Khorne Daemonkin if it makes any difference.
>>
>>51644625
>Plasma Pistols on X
no, never, PP are over priced, and quite crap
>>
>>51644593
I thought Ahriman did countless evils though
>>51644625
I've never heard of anyone using plasma pistols ever.
>>
>>51644611
>>51644617
There is no citation that Biel-Tan still populated.
>>The cataclysm that Yvraine brought unto Biel-Tan
>>death of the infinity circuit
>>The Yncarne's creation was violent birth
>>it was shaken apart. Whole sections of the craftworld withered, split and fel away
>>g-g-guys everything is okay
>>
File: 1486651148692.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
1486651148692.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>51644607
>>
>>51644637
>I thought Ahriman did countless evils though
So what?
>>
>>51644660
So, he's not gonna get redeemed for shit.
Unless you mean the kind of redemption you get in front of an execution squad.
>>
>>51644646
Bad English Anon please, for the love of everything, please fucking leave.
>>
Can Soulburst special rule be used by a unit to charge the same turn it ran or even outflanked? I just want my Striking Scorpions to be effective.
>>
>>51644646

>There is no citation that Biel-Tan still populated.

Except the page that's been posted multiple times where the fracturing has taken place and they're all still on the craftworld repairing it.

>g-g-guys everything is okay

No one said everything was okay. A thick cunt said there is "now there is no Biel-tan" and got proven wrong. (>>51644305)

Nice attempt at deflecting though you goal post shifting fanny.
>>
>>51644648
>Warp storms raged in a vast corona around the craftworld as the psychic shock wave of the Yncarne's birth bled out into universe
>still populated
pick one shill.
>>
>>51644637

following the latest books, Ahriman was a complete bro to his Brothers and magnus, he managed to bring 1 rubrick back to life, but it shortened his exchange

He knows that if is to save his Brothers from the Eternal Doom and slacery from tzeench, He needs to sacrifice himself to do it so, this is why he wants he secrets from the black library, this is why he saved magnus from soul splitting during Wrath of magnus.

and now he knows that The rubric aren't bound to the great schemer
>>
>>51644697
You are literally the dumbest motherfucker I have ever spoken to.
>>
>>51644696
>No one said everything was okay.
But that's the whole point of all your posts here, to convince customers that there is nothing like AoS or ET happening with 40k and they should keep buying all GW models.
>>
File: 1442075303982.jpg (425KB, 800x1105px) Image search: [Google]
1442075303982.jpg
425KB, 800x1105px
>>51644633
>>51644637
That's what I expected, rarely ever used them on my guard and marine armies, just wanted to make sure there wasn't some secret meme strategy with them for chaos before I decided whether or not to model them onto my dudes.

Thanks.
>>
>>51644712
>He thinks it's just one guy replying to him
>>
>>51644670
Evil is a pretty mute concept in 40k, especially set against the heresy which lets face it will be the defining narrative. GW is definitely taking a more sympathetic route towards the traitors and Horus was the most evil character and died in any case.

Not sure if there'll be anything liek a 'redemption' but you can bet Ahriman will be a major player even if accidentally like Mannfred in End Times or Gelt.
>>
>>51644712

>Oh shit I talked a lot of bollocks and got BTFO
>What do I do?
>I know, I'll call him a shill!
>>
>>51644699
I mean, I'm completely for the thousand sons and for Ahriman to find a cure, but I doubt you can redeem what he did in front of the whole Empire ever.
>>51644719
It's kind of sad, I really like how plasma pistols look.
>>
>>51644726
Literally what he's been doing for days, Anon. I think it might be Slavanon, he's the only one with bad English and such a hate for anything GW.
>>
Yvraine x Ahriman OTP.

Yvraine can fix the rubric, and then Ahriman gets to enjoy a nice piece of Eldar ass after workin for millenia on fixing the rubric.
>>
>>51644692
I am pretty sure that yes, they can do that. Could also put them in Assault Vehicles now.
>>
>>51644739

That or it's the ultimate tease, giving Ahriman exactly what he wanted only for it to be taken away immediately and never shared.
>>
>>51644727
>>51644719
If the PP was 5 points, or you could double tap it, then maybe
maybe
>>
>>51644580
It's probably a metaphor. Ever hear of those?

>calling something a skellington of its former glory means it's actually a skeleton
>>
File: hurrdar.jpg (15KB, 205x212px) Image search: [Google]
hurrdar.jpg
15KB, 205x212px
>>51644737

I think quite a few people here are Slavs or have English as a 2nd language. There's a lot of very specific grammar mistakes and a general lack of reading comprehension.

>Mfw I keep reading "Eldars"
>>
>>51644772
Nah, there's specifically a notorious shitposter from Poland who really really fucking hates GW and refuses to cede anything.
>>
>>51644739
She likes marines bigger and blond though.
>>
>>51644727
>>51644761
Yeah, looking at the ones from the berzerker box I got today, they look metal as fuck.

Wish they weren't priced like plasma guns.
>>
>>51644739
>>51644760

Ahriman will die to save and Redeem Magnus and his Brothers anon, he knows that, he saw what Ynnead can do and how wrong he was over all these years, thinking that they belonged to Tzeentch.

But who will replace magnus?
>>
>>51644726
>>Oh shit I talked a lot of bollocks and got BTFO
>>51644464
>literal citation from the book
>u-u-u-u are wrong
>>51644737
>and such a hate for anything GW.
Or I just like 40k and doesn't want to share general with AoSkids who supports everything what nu-GW pull out of their ass to take 8+ market.
>>
>>51644811
Age of Sigmar is fine, Anon. Not the best but it's fine. Better than 40k in it's current fucked up state.
>>
>>51644811

>Literal citations from the book
>None of which state Biel-tan is gone

Wow, great job fuck wit!
>>
Who here uses forge world chapter tactics?
>>
>>51644344
how fucking stupid can you be?
>>
>>51644796
Then Yvraine brings him back and they leave for a small family house hidden in the Webway?
>>
>>51644796

Honestly, I don't think the Primarchs are going to be turncoating anytime soon. Consider how much they spent on giving TS a whole lot of Chaos stuff and the Magnus model itself as a fuckhuge Daemon Prince. 40k may be evolving, but they're not going to fuck up the setting in a way that fucks up their miniature line.

They will, however, fuck up the setting much the way AoS has, by giving each faction much more reason to ally with each other rather than being super xenophobic and hating everyone save for few and far-between fluff instances of alliance (only for them to fuck over a much more threatening third party).

So Thousand Sons have a reason to work with Eldar now, much like how Eldar have a reason to work directly with the Imperium now. It's a general softening of the setting's extreme grimdark as a means of exploring more alliance options and expanding what they players may want to stick together on the battlefield without "Come the Apocalypse" making synergy between them hard.
>>
>>51644821
>Age of Sigmar is fine,
Then go to your general, why shilling here?
>Better than 40k in it's current fucked up state.
Yeah cannot wait to see family friendly Age of Guilliman 8+ with Alliance in space and UltraGreyKnights.
>>51644827
>>None of which state Biel-tan is gone
>>>The cataclysm that Yvraine brought unto Biel-Tan
>>>death of the infinity circuit
>>>The Yncarne's creation was violent birth
>>>it was shaken apart. Whole sections of the craftworld withered, split and fel away
>>g-g-guys everything is okay
>>
>>51644859
>playing with small plastic soldiers and tanks is only for mature adults

?
>>
>>51644859
>it was shaken apart. Whole sections of the craftworld withered, split and fel away

It's like you literally stopped reading there. Holy shit anon, finish the page!

Finish the page!
>>
File: lawl.png (39KB, 626x551px) Image search: [Google]
lawl.png
39KB, 626x551px
>orkz are a melee race!
>I2
>S3
>no natural FNP
>useless psykers
>useless transports
>useless walkers
>useless vehicles in general
>only reliable ap2 is melee and costs 25 points a pop
>overpriced fucking everything
>no good formations
>literally the worst army in the game, our 5th edition codex is a better choice and I would rather have it still
>treated with 0 dignity in the lore, not even a slight threat in any way, a true NPC race
>to top it all off one of the most goddamn expensive armies in the game to buy an army for
>Oh and GW fucking hates us for some reason, Orkz 8th Ed confirmed to be hit with another nerf bat
>mfw
>>
>>51644859

>If I repeat these phrases that don't prove that Biel-tan is gone while ignoring the parts that state it still exists, maybe he won't notice?
>>
>>51644878
but aspect warriors are resin.
>>
>>51644878
>i-i-it's just toy soldiers it's mean everything should progressive, family-friendly and primitive!
>>
>>51644882
Hes like one of those faggot that only read a rule up until it proves his argument forgetting about the next paragraph
>>
>>51644901
>it still exists,
>>ash-black skeleton of Biel-tan
>>Warp storms raged in a vast corona around the craftworld as the psychic shock wave of the Yncarne's birth bled out into universe
>>still populated
>>
So is fur still a thing?
>>
>>51644906
>progressive, family-friendly and primitive!

I don't think you've looked at Age of Sigmar if you think it's family friendly, Anon.

Are you just pissed they put the rat in place of Slaanesh until the Aelves get their focus?
>>
>>51644918
peta pls go
>>
File: ancestral foes.png (160KB, 726x377px) Image search: [Google]
ancestral foes.png
160KB, 726x377px
>>51644856
>Eldar have a reason to work directly with the Imperium now

Eldar have had good reason for that since their inception. It's one of the most common and easy to justify alliances in the setting.
>>
>>51644916
Show me the part where it says it's not populated.
>>
>>51644883
>Orkz 8th Ed confirmed to be hit with another nerf bat
u wot m8. shut yer gob
>>
>>51644918
GW responded.

https://regimental-standard.com/2017/02/08/fur-the-emperor/
>>
>>51644918
Everything posted on regime standard is a joke.

>>Cadia Won't Fall.

>>Cadia fall was just as planned.
>>
>>51644856
>they're not going to fuck up the setting in a way that fucks up their miniature line

oh boy you didn't follow fantasy at all did you? They'll release triumvirate type packs, big set pieces for some last sales off the back of a plot and it'll be totally squatted. AoS was a success in their eyes so for 40k they'll happily go in for the same. Sure you'll be able to use your models but it'll just be soem rationale like 'an enclave of ultramarines' or 'lost planet of IG'. They'll probably merge IG and SM, DE and Eldar, Necrons and Mechanicus.
>>
>>51644918
Furniture on models is not going anywhere, the new regimental standard actively mocks Peta and their retarded decision to put pen to paper and say plastic fur is real murder
>>
>>51644916

>ash-black skeleton of Biel-tan

You are literally avoiding posting full sentences as finishing that line would force you to quote the part that states it is "a mighty world ship nonetheless". You are a laughable shit poster.
>>
>>51644948
>Furniture
Really auto correct? Really?
>>
File: 1470754786875.jpg (328KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470754786875.jpg
328KB, 1000x1000px
>>51644919
>8+ setting about prgressive multicultural unkillable paladins
>not family freindly
>until the Aelves get their focus?
>g-g-guys god of drugs and sex will return soon, we promise!
>>
>>51644948
>A tiny church strike again!
>>
>>51644972
I find it interesting how GW still pretends that AoS exists instead of brushing it all under the carpet.
>>
>>51644972
Oh you are mad becuase he is black.
wow you really are a retard
>>
>>51644950
>You are a laughable shit poster.
>says the person who hates 40k yet still trying to promote AoE in 40k general
>>
File: Go away.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
Go away.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>51644972
Ooooh now I get it.
>>
>>51644989
Confirmed for not having set foot in a LFGC or a GW for ove 2 years
>>
>>51644992
>wow you really are a retard
>t.proud comrade
>>
>>51645008
see
>>51644995
and go away
>>
>>51645003
>g-g-guys AoS is extra successeful
>but we will never provide you any numbers
>>
>>51645019
can you not
>>
>>51645003
Not my fault Finland only has one Games Workshop store in it
Besides I've heard you get thrown out if you shit-talk AoS anyway, I wouldn't last if I made the pilgrimage
>>
>>51645023
Anon, they don't lie to shareholders. That's illegal.

And AoS is selling much, much better than Fantasy did for over a decade.
>>
File: you-have-to-go-back.gif (348KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
you-have-to-go-back.gif
348KB, 350x233px
>>51645019
How about, no tumblr?
>>
>>51645040
Not to join this bitchfest but what was the problem with WHFB? was it that you had to buy to many models to get involved?
>>
Storm Bolters aren't really worth 5 points are they?
>>
>>51644944
>Aos
>Success

Don't get me wrong, I never played fantasy so I cant wax poetic on the nuisances of perfectly wheeling into a perfect position to avoid a charge arc or whatever those faggots miss, but I picked up fantasy models once they released path to glory for a fun campaign.
Maybe the one thing they learned from that debacle is release a rule book with points right away not a year later. Nobody wants a totally free form game where you can do whatever you want, rules give structure and structure is fun apparently. It stops all the try hardship from doing whatever they want. 40k needs to bring back the 0-1 army limitations
>>
>>51645040
>That's illegal.
Not when most of shareholders are your friends.
>And AoS is selling much, much better than Fantasy did for over a decade.
So AoS selling higher than GW 30% revenue? Any real numbers, come on if you shillng for "baby's first """""wargame""""" " at least try to provide numbers.
>>
>>51645061
>but what was the problem with WHFB? was it that you had to buy to many models to get involved?
Yep, all thanks to 8th edition.
>>
File: 411.png (37KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
411.png
37KB, 201x281px
>>51641901

working on my 30k/40k force, in 30k they are loyalist Emperors children,

in 40k they are the descendants of those marines.

however I can't nail down a good name for them

I was thinking Pheonix Knights or Pheonix Blades

any suggestions??
>>
>>51645086
Jesus im buying some where around 100 models for nids i cant imagine how many models the army needed that caused people not want to play them.
>>
>>51645092
For loyalists they are too simmilar to original Emperor's children.
>>
File: 1477000664922.jpg (734KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1477000664922.jpg
734KB, 2560x1600px
>>51644772
SwEnglish here.
>>
I am running a poll to see what other than Cadia regiments people would like to see done.

Would you be able to answer the poll I am runing?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12302023
>>
>>51645061
Balance and ever higher model count basically kill it.

The only motivation to buy new models was becauase your army needed more models due to rules change, not because you wanted new stuff or was anything new to buy.

Also higher prices for less models in the box didn't help either.

GW kill the game themself and blame the consumer for it.
>>
>>51645076
I can show you proper shareholder reports showing that Age of Sigmar is selling much better than fantasy did for a long time, if you want.

>we finished the year with sales of Warhammer: Age of Sigmar at a higher rate than Warhammer has enjoyed for several years.
>>
>>51645103
FB already start losing popularity since the start of 7th edition and besides game always had much less big models (like monsters, tanks) than 40k.
>>
>>51645104

in 30k I'm running them as vets since, I can use them for both games, that's why the shoulders are like that
>>
>>51645072
I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't really take them unless I had dead points and space for it on something assault-y. Tacticals should only be going into melee if they have no other choice, and assaults lose their extra attack in exchange for an extra shot. I can't see where adding one would really help.

>>51645092
I like Phoenix Knights, though you could also play on the idea of phoenixes being reborn, as they've become separated/cleansed from their parent legion. Embers of The Phoenix? I'm just spitballing.
>>
>>51643361
I'll give it a shot for you anon

True Avatar of Khaine
Gargantuan Monstrous Creature (Character)

>WS10/ BS10/ S6/ T8/ W6/ I10/ A5/ Ld10/ Sv3+/5++
>Usual Avatar Rules
>Khaine triumphant:
Avatar and all units within 12" have Fearless, Furious charge and Rage. After at least one enemy unit is destroyed by the Avatar, Add an extra 2D6 to this range for the rest of the game.
>Incandescent body:
Immune to all flame weapons, Pyromancy powers, and Weapons with Melta or Soul blaze special rule. If this model takes an unsaved wound, even if the wound is negated by FnP, all enemy units within 12" must take a blind test.
>Explosive ruin:
When the Avatar is removed from play as a casualty, place the Large blast marker over the center of the model. Each model, friend or foe, under the blast marker takes a single S6 AP3 hit. Cover saves are allowed unless the model was in a combat with the Avatar.

>Suin Daelle, The Wailing Doom
At the start of each player's turn, the controlling player chooses the form the Wailing Doom takes.

Sword
>Fuck this Hero
Assault 1 18" S8 AP1, Melta
Melee S+2 AP1, Heroslayer
Heroslayer: Reroll failed to hits in Challenges, and opponent rerolls all successful invulnerable saves.

Spear
>Fuck this MC
Assault 1 48" S10 AP1, Impaling blow
Impaling blow: Enemy non-vehicle models which take an unsaved wound from this attack fire at -1 BS, move as if in difficult terrain during their next turn. If charged under this effect, they attack at Initiative step 1. As long as they are not removed as a casualty, the Spear remains lodged in their body. The Avatar is treated as not having his weapon until the model is removed as a casualty or until they successfully charge that model in combat, in which case the effect is removed after the Avatar has made all his close combat attacks.
At the end of the player's turn, the Wailing doom is returned to the Avatar and the effect is removed.
Melee, S +2 AP 1

Axe
>Fuck everything
12" S8 AP1, Melta
Melee S:D
>>
>>51644859
>withered, split and fel away
just like your dick
>>
>>51645119
>>we finished the year with sales of Warhammer: Age of Sigmar at a higher rate than Warhammer has enjoyed for several years.
Still no real numbers
>for several years.
So not even any data, it's also easily could be 2014 and 2015 when 89th edition and ET finally killed the game.
>>
>>51645119
But anon those are the jewish lies so they can keep selling to the new progressive audience :^)
>>
>>51645154
I'm actually thinking about Sisters of Battle, since you get those models whether or not you want them in your basic squads.
>>
>>51645163
>8th edition and ET finally killed the game.
>>
When did terrain get price tags? The 40k ruleset in the OP says that woods can be bought at 10 pts/each, but I've never seen that before.
>>
>>51645154

I might put "Embers of The Phoenix" on a vehicle, maybe a Land Raider Redeemer
>>
>>51645175
Oh, I have zero knowledge about sisters. Is it just on the sarge or squad-wide? Because being able to always shoot twice might be worth it then, maybe?
>>
>>51644646
just fuck off already. we're lucky your english is so bad so we can easily see through your samefagging.
>>
File: I can howl to this.jpg (341KB, 599x717px) Image search: [Google]
I can howl to this.jpg
341KB, 599x717px
>>51645156

>Rules reflecting the Wailing Doom's changing forms

I never realized I wanted this until today.
>>
>>51645199
>just fuck off already.
Just go back to your general.
>>
>>51645158
Nice argument.
>>
>>51645209
>He STILL thinks it's just one guy telling him to fuck off.
>>
>>51645061
Just my 2 cent but i think the old WHFB lack the cool posterboy minis to attract people, the Stormcast and Bloodhound do look very impressive when they first release thanks to new technology.

Although it would be nice if GW just fucking stop making new stormcast unit and character, hopefully the Summer Aelves "rumour release" will be amazing. (Blade Dancer please..)
>>
>>51645209
How bout you go back to your general and circle jerk over how superior WHFB is.
>>
>>51645229
>>He STILL thinks it's just one guy telling him to fuck off.
lolwut?
>>
>>51645188
You get to have two special or heavy weapons in your squad, and a storm bolter is a special weapon.
>>
>>51642453
I set a max of 15 points worth of shit on a Sgt. (only ever buying vet Sgt's if they are assault squads), It is worthless to me to put 35 points on a guy with 1W 3+ save, only to have him get one shot killed buy rolling a 1
>>
>>51645234
>look very impressive when they first release thanks to new technology.
Yeah that's why they were called sigmarines
>>51645239
Where I said anything about
>how superior WHFB is.
>>
>>51645234
>Just my 2 cent but i think the old WHFB lack the cool posterboy minis to attract people,
But 40k have SpaceMarines, yet still it's going to be Sigmared
>>
>>51644697
>>51644706
he's been doing it for days. he's shitting up threads on purpose and his every other word is 'shill'.
>>
>>51645260
I dont know how much you bitch about AoS i thought you were a WHFBfag who cant understand why his game was squatted.
>>
>>51645209

Please go anywhere but here you drooling retard.
>>
>>51645246
Aah, well treating them if you're using them like tactical marines, I wouldn't bother with storm bolters, its a minuscule shot increase even at five points. Can sisters get plasma? I've always been fond of plasma for a little extra kick against heavy infantry.
>>
>>51645272
Not everyone like Gun and High-tech gears anon, plus Khorne Bloodhound look a million time better than ballet-dancing Berzerker.
>>
>>51645286
>I dont know how much you bitch about AoS
Because I called you favorite game
>"baby's first """""wargame""""" "
???
Also I thought I explained why I dislikes AoS mentions in 40k discussions.
>why his game was squatted.
Because GW fucked up 2 last editions?
>>
>>51645302
Unfortunately it's Heavy Bolter, Heavy Flamer, Flamer, Melta, Multi-Melta, Storm Bolter or go home.
>>
>>51645322
>Not everyone like Gun and High-tech gears anon,
So what?
>plus Khorne Bloodhound look a million time better than ballet-dancing Berzerker.
Except the fact that they are just naked Berzerker (I mean troops units)
Also, Dark Vengeance Choosens made much better
>>
>>51645272
Because the fucks of GW still think this is 90's

You can't just sell models. You need to sell a hobby, models, functional and balanced rules, play test a lot. Talk to th costumers, transparency. Etc

They need to actually care for each buyer. The quick cash grab will kill them. As they kill Fantasy.

Actual marketing research. That is going to be hard with a company that pruedly said they didn't do those things
>>
>>51645181
Bump.
>>
Making a new thread no one else do that okay?
>>
Hoo boy, this autistic rage has me laffin'
>>
>>51645346
Combi-plasma.

There is only one way to get more than 4 combi-plasma in a squad and it is with command squads.

Anyone else is flamers and meltas. Bolter weapons like Storm Bolter or heavy Bolter only work with Retribution squads.
>>
>>51645423
Dont worry
>>51645423
Be happy
>>51645423
Everything will be alright in the end
>>
>>51645209
go away, really.
>>
My friendo group is saying that one of the loyalist chapters is going to turn but magnus and the thousand sons are gonna return to the emperor.
>>
>>51645495
Only after you.
>>
>>51645348
>So what?

Why are you asking me why people like fantasy over sci-fi setting anon? How the fuck do i know. Office next to hobby store (mostly play gundam shit and paint Warhammer stuff for display) and they tell me they prefer Fantasy over 40k, and lots of old line WHFB is ugly af, new Sigmarine look cool.
>>
>>51645350
Good thing they're working on these things, huh?
>>
>>51645564
>40k
>sci-fi

>new Sigmarine look cool.
Sanguinar guards still looks better.
>>
I don't play WHFB. What exactly is wrong with AoS and what did it do to ruin WHFB?
>>
>>51645713
WHFB was different to all the fantasy tabletops since it actually had regiments with square bases. Basically it was as close to total war and line battles as a tabletop gets. AoS is now just like DoW for ocmparison, loose groups of round base miniatures skirmishing. They also destroyed the old setting/map, which was good BECAUSE it was old and had nuanced lore and locations.
>>
>>51645713
>what did it do to ruin WHFB?
GW literally blew the settings planet up. Before it launched a campaign for which it sold a whole bunch of very expensive books and huge miniatures that were basically two months after you bought them part of an entirely dead an abandoned game.
Not to mention that the End Times campaign that ended WHFB and laid the groundwork for AoS was so hastily done it had no chance to do every faction justice, even if the suits had given the studio the time.
Add to that, that the End Times made a very grounded setting, which except for the magical parts, basically turn into capeshit.
Incarnate of gods and other bullshit.
So the last farewell to the old system was not only a cynical moneygrab, it also broke spirit of the setting and ended with a rather pointless climax.
Cause if everything blows up everything that lead up to that was kind of pointless.

Which incidentially is also a problem a lot of people have with AoS writing. The eternal warring of far removed god is basically just a stalemate. If a Stormcast dies he just respawns. So even that is pretty pointless.

And the emotional stakes in that are basically absent because, GW's writing so far has wasted not a single paragraph on what happens to normal people. So the entire reason for fighting feels pretty hollow, as we have basically been given no reason to care about any of it all.

Anyway, that is my personal take on it.
>>
File: jEqrsMf.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
jEqrsMf.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>51645564
>new Sigmarine look cool.
>>
>>51645156
I am that original anon.

Fucking thank you, this looks awesome!
Thread posts: 541
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.