[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>despite your passion to run a game, frequent browsing of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: 1484251413923.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1484251413923.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>despite your passion to run a game, frequent browsing of /tg/ has jaded you to the point that literally every premise sounds like one of the following: overdone, cliche, contrarian, bland, boring, special snowflake, hurr muh originality, reinventing the wheel
I-it's okay, I'll just pick a game and shove a half-decent premise at my players and--
>every system is shit, every playstyle is shit, go play a videogame or write a book dumb faggot
--b-but I'm not worried, my creativity along with that of my players will--
>99% of games are shit, hurr muh player agency, why even bother playing, thatguys, boring sessions, work involved, RPG's are for stories not fun or risk, oldschool or you're a kiddie faggot, hurr muh rule zero, linear adventures a shit, sandboxes a bigger shit, everything is contrived
Fuck.
>>
>>51637800
Wow, sounds awful senpai, try being less of a jaded cynical fuck.
>>
File: 1388100006959.jpg (59KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
1388100006959.jpg
59KB, 704x528px
>Not reaffirming what you actually love about traditional games
>Not realizing you're not perfect and that nothing is, therefore it's okay to like pretty much anything
>Not moving forward because that's how winning is done

You don't deserve a (You)
>>
File: r_u_avin_a_giggle_ther_nee-san.jpg (316KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
r_u_avin_a_giggle_ther_nee-san.jpg
316KB, 1920x1080px
>>51637800
>taking anything /tg/ says seriously
My nigerian, if you like a game premise enough, run it.
Most of the posters here are a bunch of gay autists that hate fun anyway.
>>
File: 1461324287503.png (325KB, 444x568px) Image search: [Google]
1461324287503.png
325KB, 444x568px
If you can no longer believe in yourself, believe in someone who believes in you.

And Cestree believes in you.
>>
Have you tried not caring?
>>
/tg/ is made of multiple people with different opinions. You're not supposed to try to make everyone happy, just about 3-5 of them.
>>
>>51637848
This. Most of the arguments are our way of having discourse. Nothing should be taken at face value. We argue in extremes, when the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Really we're all too serious as it is. We need some /b/-tier posting on this board. derail things a little, and teach everyone that /tg/ should be about as serious as /pol/ is.
>>
>>51637915
>should be about as serious as /pol/ is.
Except that some people on /pol/ really do believe the shit that spews out of their mouths. We don't need that. Other than that though, I concur to your statement.
>>
>>51637931
Well, that's what we have /pfg/ for.
>>
File: 4633-107-739.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
4633-107-739.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
>>51637931
>t. fedora
>>
>>51637827
>>51637843
>>51637848
>>51637862
>>51637906
Oddly motivational, thanks.
>>
>>51637800

There are lots of people in the world, some like some things, some dislike some things. The important thing is to communicate with your players and what find out what makes your guys' dicks hard.
>>
File: SeekACure.gif (317KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
SeekACure.gif
317KB, 500x278px
>>51637827
>try being less of a jaded cynical fuck.
This.

I get waves of this sometimes, where I realize the truth that all these games are ultimately pointless and disappointing.
Then I lighten the fuck up and play.
>>
>>51637800
Get them to tell you what they can't get anywhere else and put it in the game. Now TTRPGs are mostly about what you can't get anywhere else.
>>
It seems that you selectively read the posts of shitheads and skip over the posts written by normal people.
>>
>>51638342
>The important thing is to communicate with your players and what find out what makes your guys' dicks hard.

Yeah, that's the most important thing really - find out what everyone (yourself included) likes and run something that's going to give them what they want. It doesn't matter if some random stranger on a Siberian image board about badger trapping wouldn't like your game, because you're not running it for them, right?
>>
>>51637800
Get off of /tg/, then. If you're addicted, admit yourself to internet-free rehab.
>>
>>51637800
>everything has to be creative

I hate this its better to have something which borrows a lot form existing material like history and which does it well than something completely unique which doesn't make sense and sucks because of that.
>>
>>51637800
OP that sounds like depression anxiety and a fear of failure.

You might want to look into those things and talk to somebody about them.
>>
>>51637800
Welcome to 4chan jaded burnout syndrome.
Any 4chan board will do that to you about the hobby you love.

Disengage for a while and go and run your overdone, cliche, bland, setting. If you've got some cool people to play with none of that shit matters a whole lot. You'll still have fun. Run your linear adventure set in a medieval europe inspired fantasy setting (with elves and orcs and dwarves), and just have a blast with it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.