[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best tabletop rpg that is fun and simple enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: 1458471135329.jpg (371KB, 827x1169px) Image search: [Google]
1458471135329.jpg
371KB, 827x1169px
What's the best tabletop rpg that is fun and simple enough to play drunk.

Do you guys have an stories of when you tried to play tabletop rpgs drunk?

>Be playing with rule that lets you drink to cheat (1 drink=+1 up to +5, 1 shot negates a crit, etc.)
>Barbarian player brought absinthe to mix with a smirnoff cooler
>OhShitNigger.jpg
>About two hours in
>The man has had god knows how much, is currently laying on the floor next to the table
>Rest of party is starting to get past buzzed, still trying to plan things out
>Devise surprisingly good combat plan to take on a gelatinous cube in a heavily trapped room
>It comes to Barb's turn I ask him what he's doing before the other players have a chance to put a leash on him
>"I charge at it and kill it deader"
>Other players looking at me like I'm Hitler sending them on the Holocoaster to Auschwitz
>Trips all the traps
>Keeps drinking so that he doesn't die
>Party is begging him to stop
>The Rogue has died three times over
>He tackles the cube, they both fall down a flight of stairs
>Stairs are trapped too
>They turn into a greased ramp like some slip n' slide from hell
>They both careen down, only the barb survives
>The barb player, content with the mayhem he has caused, takes another swig and returns to his eternal drunken stupor
>TFW his real life Int score now matches his character's
>>
>>51634902
Yayoi no!
>>
>>51635035
What is that? Can't seem to find any information about it
>>
>fun and simple enough to play drunk
>>51595901
>>
Maid RPG. It's a fantastic game, and even better to play drunk.

>>51635591

Whoever wrote this knows nothing about rules light RPGs.
>>
File: Amano_Chimera.jpg (154KB, 1000x982px) Image search: [Google]
Amano_Chimera.jpg
154KB, 1000x982px
>>51635644
Have you... never seen an OSR system before?
Some systems are a bit more complex, but here's the gist:
https://boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/51372372/#51444529
>>
File: f04.jpg (49KB, 419x750px) Image search: [Google]
f04.jpg
49KB, 419x750px
>>51635644
Oh boy, Maid RPG sounds fun as hell and also seems like it has the potential to get really weird.

TFW tomorrow night my girlfriend's 2nd experience helping me run rpgs will be watching a bunch of 20 year olds drunkenly roleplaying maids and anime bullshit
>>
>>51635913

Maid RPG works best played as ridiculous zany comedy. There is pervy stuff in the system, but either ignore it or play it off as sex-comedy.

Just remember/remind whoever is running it, the second things seem to be getting boring roll on a random event table. It doesn't matter what. Just do it.
>>
>>51635913
>a bunch of 20 year olds drunkenly roleplaying maids and anime bullshit
MAID makes for a good generic system. It's actually very broad.
>>
>>51635913
>>51636048
>play it off as sex-comedy.
The game works best this way. The fetishy stuff in maid is supposed to be as much sex-comedy as it is legitimate magical realm (which is also how a lot of ecchi anime is). The anti-inhibitive yet anaphrosdiac properties of alcohol should work in your favor, as long as your players aren't so prone to beergoggling that they'll start masturbating under the table or something.
>>
>>51636244
>>51636048

Well I mean I've known these guys for years so it'll get plenty weird, but not uncomfortable.

I'm running it and I'm actually super excited about the idea. Thinking of running the birthday pregenerated scenario and throwing some random encounters in there
>>
File: MAID(EN).pdf (1B, 486x500px)
MAID(EN).pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51636149
I like the dragon-as-master rules some anon made once.
>>
I play Pathfinder drunk. Shit's pretty cash.
>>
Everyone is John
>>
File: 1411092946203.png (1017KB, 641x720px) Image search: [Google]
1411092946203.png
1017KB, 641x720px
>>51635035
>>
Or any of it's reskins such as tactical waifu
>>
>>51645044
Is LASERS&FEELINGS the best one.seven system?
>>
Barbarians of Lemuria.
>>
Og. A game about cavemen who only know a few words and must learn to communicate using only those words + possibly charades and drawing pictures. Might require a little setup pre-drinking.

If already drunk: Big Mutherfuckin' Crab Truckers
>>
Dungeon world is pretty easy to run drunk. Basically no math
>>
>>51646917
>Dungeon world
>good ever
Nice try, goy.

If you want something in that vein *done well*, look no farther than Torchbearer.
Or, better yet, don't. Why would you want a storyteller-system dungeon crawl?
>>
>>51647092
Because it's fun
>>
>>51646198
>communicate using only those words + possibly charades and drawing pictures
Sounds like good synergy with alcohol.
>>
>>
>no one mentioning Drinking Quest
Come one guys, drinking is in the rules!
>>
>>51634902
Risus. Even calls itself "The Beer and Pretzels RPG."
>>
>>51652500

So is The Commitee for The Exploration of Mysteries, but probably you shouldn't play it already wasted.
>>
>>51653933
How about Kobolds Ate My Baby?
I'm pretty sure the rules say you should be drunk before starting
>>
>>51654491

Can't remember that, but yeah, it would work.
>>
>>51650944
Why are some things in cyan?
>>
>>51656185
Don't know
>>
>>51656185
Maybe they're the changes/ additions between 2nd and 3rd edition?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.