[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 432
Thread images: 36

File: qq.jpg (231KB, 1689x2242px) Image search: [Google]
qq.jpg
231KB, 1689x2242px
Previous Thread: >>51624856
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/winter-flu-goes-to-the-dogs-edition-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Who are the main antagonists for Geist again?
>>
The writers
>>
>>51634647
HAH

But seriously, are there any good writers around at the moment?
>>
>>51634639

Uh, the Sacrosanct, maybe? Abnormals if you squint?

Geist 2e seems to have a new antagonist splat, so at least there's that.
>>
Chronicle of Fagness
>>
>>51634658

Hotly debated but imo? No. OPP writers are mediocre at best. They could use better crunch guys especially, the only decent ones seem to be working on Scion.
>>
Consider this another vote for the minitank conspiracy.
>>
>>51634867
If Scion 2e is what passes for good crunch around OPP, shit's grim.
>>
File: magic.jpg (14KB, 220x251px) Image search: [Google]
magic.jpg
14KB, 220x251px
If a mage casts a spell to shut down a cell phone, and a Sleeper sees her casting the spell and sees the cell phone shut down, is that Paradox? What if the Sleeper sees the mage casting the spell but doesn't see the cell phone? What if the Sleeper sees the cell phone but not the mage? What if the mage is making the phone decay an fall apart, or setting a piece of paper on fire, or lifting an object into the air?
>>
>>51634938
if its obviously magical and a sleeper sees you doing it then yes there's paradox
if its not obviously magical but they still see you acting weird when you do a spell it can cause disbelief and also paradox.
take in mind that putting a bag over a sleeper's head can protect the mage, perception its the name of the game.
>>
>>51634938
It only kicks in if the sleeper sees magic. Doesn't matter what they think they saw or if they even figure out it's magic right then and there. What matters is that the abyss saw magic through the sleepers eyes.

The Mysterium's got the right idea about the lot of them.
>>
>>51634935

Well.. you have seen Beast, right? I would be afraid of repeats like that from a crubch perspective alone

A lot of people seem conflicted over GMC and 2e rules.
>>
>>51634658
DaveB and Chris Allen?
>>
>>51634554

You can still be let go or liberated by others in 2e, you just don't get a Seeming and a lot of other Lost will look down on you as either weak or a potential Loyalist.
>>
>>51634938
In your first example I would say there is no need to roll for paradox because there is nothing obviously magical about a phone turning off.

Typically viewing the target of an obvious spell as it occurs is what adds dice to the paradox pool.

Spells have no visible presence as they're being cast unless you have mage sight turned on, a prime unveiling spell going, or flare your nimbus.

The other effects may or may not invoke paradox depending on how the spell functions/storyteller approval. If the phone turns into liquid and pours between the targets fingers? Paradox. If the phone emits smoke as the battery pack cracks and catches fire? Probably not
>>
>>51635054
You can still cause paradox without sleepers. You just want an excuse to round people up into concentration camps.
>>
How is Beast from a mechanical perspective? I'm considering throwing a few into my Mage game as a tool of the local Seer boss.
>>
>>51635537
General consensus is that the mechanics are pretty bad and go against their own theme.
>>
>>51635537
Everything about it is great. Don't listen to the naysayers.
>>
>>51635537
Overpowered as shit. They can look at you and irrevocably steal your soul (and all your magical powers) with one roll.
>>
>>51635537
If you need general opponents then take a look at Hunter.
Not for hunters, but for their ideas on how to build monsters. You just need to up the stats a bit for head on confrontations.
>>
>>51635598
I do love exaggerations.
>>
>>51635598
Where is this? I don't remember seeing it in the sourcebook.

>>51635627

I'll take a look at this. The idea I had in mind was the leader of the local Hegemonic Ministry getting their hands on a Beast, one with Power as its hunger, and using it to terrorize sleepers, the idea being that crushing them in their dreams, they'll be more conformist in reality.
>>
Hey fellow puppers, pugmire just dropped! Whom be hype to have some rutting good fun!

Kill me
>>
File: ruff you up.png (394KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
ruff you up.png
394KB, 453x604px
>>51635858
You know, I like dogs but I'm not really crazy about this
>>
If you could have the first dot of a single arcana, what would you pick?.
>>
>>51635968

Fate
>>
>>51635537
McFarland outright ignored issues that playtesters brought up, and the final product shows it. It's hot mess of mostly shitty mechanics mixed with some OP stinkers, and few truly retarded combos.

Beast is hot garbage in both fluff and mechanics. Maybe once CofD 3E rolls around they'll rebuild it from the ground up, and make actual decent game out of it.
>>
>>51635968
Fate.
>>
>>51635968
IRL?

Matter.
>>
>>51635968
Mind, probably, mostly for the 2 thoughts at the same time ablity and perfect recall... Also being able to read surface thoughts.
>>
>>51635858

I'm a pretty shameless furry and I'm still not sold on Pugmire. It's just Dog D&D, right?
>>
File: wolf-pup-reddish-coat.jpg (119KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
wolf-pup-reddish-coat.jpg
119KB, 640x425px
>>51635858
>cute game for kids where you play a cute doggo
>people are going to use it to roleplay dog fucking
I hate this world
>>
>>51636156

It's pretty much d20 The Autumnlands but more pet focused, yeah.
>>
File: 1.png (648KB, 613x861px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
648KB, 613x861px
>>51636156
I dunno, I can't be assed to give it a actual read, all I know is the art is sparse, mostly made up of stuff they alredy show'd and has a higher 'quality' to them than CoD usally does, but it all looks awful because it's FUCKING DAWGS.
>>
The resident werefaggers need to leave
>>
>>51636340
There is nothing wrong with cute dogs
>>
File: Untitled.png (553KB, 578x685px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
553KB, 578x685px
Man I sure wish the Arrow had a stando power, shit looks good.
>>
>>51635968
Fate
>>
>>51634938
>If a mage casts a spell to shut down a cell phone, and a Sleeper sees her casting the spell and sees the cell phone shut down, is that Paradox?
No. A phone shutting off isn't obviously magical.
>What is the Sleeper sees the mage casting the spell but doesn't see the cell phone?
Still no. Mages cast subtle spells in front of Sleepers all the time.
>What if the Sleeper sees the cell phone but not the mage?
You serious, dude? No. They would just see a phone shut off.
>What if the mage is making the phone decay an fall apart, or setting a piece of paper on fire, or lifting an object into the air?
If it was rapid decay? Yes. If the Mage had no apparent source of heat or fire? Yes. If the lifting was done without hands? Yes.
>>
>>51636707
Does that thing have three boobs?
>>
>>51636882
Sure fucking looks like it, hombre.
>>
>>51635537
If you do throw in Beasts, make their powers visible. Maybe when you can actually see their wings and claws and fire breath they won't be so lame.
>>
>>51636882
Nah, the boobs are spread out, so the skull in the middle of the spread makes it look like 3 boobs.
>>
>>51636361
Make me you frog-fucking Frenchman!
>>
So I'll be playing my first ever game of WtApoc this weekend.

I need ideas. I was thinking of doing a just first changed, knows nothing about werewolf culture dude. But I have no idea what to play.
>>
Hey guys! I know I said I wouldn't keep posting this, so as to not come across as a desperate attention-seeking whore, however I have made a few corrections - there's now actually a description for the Toreador Elder, the Ravnos Elder now actually has equipment, and there's some spelling/grammar fixes.

I also added a new entry to the "others" section, the Walking Dead. The big thing here is zombies, since they're likely to come up in a lot of different Vampire games for one reason or another. However, I also included Risen Dead (i.e., sapient zombies), as well as mummies in the vein of Mummy: the Resurrection. Which as I understand it is not well liked, but oh well, *I* like it, and you don't have to use it.

Mummies in particular make for good enemies if you want to have an opponent that your players can kill, it just won't really *stop* them. So the players need to figure out a different solution.
>>
>>51637407
>knows nothing about werewolf culture dude
That makes me lean toward Bone Gnawer or Glass Walker if he's from the city.Then again you could have him from a working-class immigrant family for Fiana, Get, Silver Fangs, or Shadow Lords options.
>>
>>51637407

PCs don't normally start that wet behind the ears. I assume its a Homid?
>>
>>51635458
>You can still cause paradox without sleepers.
How?
>>
>>51637488
There's already a Silver Fang, a Shadow Lord, a Red Talon...

>>51637714
That's my plan, yes. I know nothing about the overall 'how to play' werewolf, unlike all the other WoD games. So I want to go into it a little blind as a PC as well as a player.
>>
>>51637746
>There's already a Silver Fang, a Shadow Lord, a Red Talon...
There's no rule that says you can only have one tribe per PC, right?

I mean imagine being a long Silver Fang and your cousin is telling about how awesome your tribe is but then the Shadow Lord tells you in secret about how your tribe is going soft and you should trust HIM instead.
>>
>>51637746

Most tribes would work exceot for Get of Fenris, Red Talons or Black Furies. The Wendigo and Uktena might be pushing it too, as they tend to be way more tight knit and careful about their offspring or kinfolk.

Basically what the other anon suggested.
>>
>>51637733
Over reachingREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACH
>>
>>51637789
>one tribe per PC
One PC per tribe.
my noggin isn't joggin right now.
>>
>>51637441

You're doing God's work, Anon.
>>
>>51637789
There's no rule against it, no. I just don't want to step on toes.
>>
>>51636020
But the playtesters were obviously MRAs, Anon, otherwise, they would have had no issue with it
>>
>>51638288

Remember when a playtester leaked Beast to get a freelancer fired?

God, everything about that Beast buildup was a train wreck.
>>
>>51638375
Does anyone have a link to the original Beast? I need to see this shit for myself.
>>
File: Correct image this time.png (675KB, 1650x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Correct image this time.png
675KB, 1650x1200px
Stat Arcade Bumstead for me.
>>
>>51638485

I refuse to stat weeaboo material
>>
>>51637733
Cast a vulgar spell.
>>
>>51637733
Overreaching on a spell. Your 'free' reach is equal to 1+(Your arcana rating -- Arcana rating of spell). Anything past that adds dice to the paradox pool.
>>51638587
Not really a thing in 2e.
>>
>>51638412
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuOGZvcHh3V19rSms/view

Should be this
>>
>>51638375
Tell me this story
How'd the freelancer get fired?
>>
>>51638587
The Vulgar and Covert distinction is gone. Now all that really matters is you don't perform obvious magic in front of Sleepers or Reach too hard.
>>
File: 1476771844160.jpg (234KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1476771844160.jpg
234KB, 900x900px
Whats the most F U N m20 build on 1 arete fellow roleplayers?
>>
>>51639566
>m20

I stopped reading there
>>
>>51634639
There is no main antagonists, at least not in first edition. Antagonists they do have include other Sin-Eaters and Krewes (Sacrosanct), The Wretched & The Vacant, Kerberoi, Cthonians, Ghosts, other Geists and Abmortals. But most of those are kind if you get in their way or piss them off.

>>51634748
I think it was mentioned there was at least 2 new antagonists for Geist 2e, but I could be wrong. Seems like focus on 2e for antagonists lie within Cthonians, the new unnamed antagonists and Sin-Eater culture, which is said to be bigger than before.

>>51635537
Beasts if nothing else, are definitely good to use as multipurpose antagonists.
>>
Still working on the Thrice Great legacy.

This thing is doing my brain in trying to figure out how to slot their Planetary Affinities system into the Attainment, Yantra, and Ritual Casting, and Shadow-Name-Merit systems.

Also after conversing with system experts, I have come to the conclusion that the only way to make the Shadow Portal powers work is if the Thrice Great takes a trip out of the city to perform their rituals.
Which thematically, isn't that bad an idea.

It probably should be pretty hard to forge a Planetary Bridge in a city where you can't even see most of the stars or planets clearly.
>>
>>51637441
Thanks, Anon
>>
>>51634658
Who ever has done the 2nd editions for requiem and promethean are pretty good
>>
>>51635537
Read the book.

But mechanically it deprndston if your using the atavism(the powers associated with a beasts horror) or the nightmares which are yhe crazy mind fuckery powera that make humans shit themselves with fear
>>
Can anyone share their theories on the significance of a Geist's caul (The power they have before they take the bargain) again?

They mention that it bonds them closer to death, and gives their urge to life the occult power it needs to summon a Geist and save them.

But do the cauls come from anywhere particular?

What is the effect of a weak vs. a powerful caul?

I'm fairly certain that nothing in 1e provides concrete answers to this unless it was in the fine details of one of the SAS, but I'd love to hear people's conjecture.
>>
>>51634935
>>51634867
What do we know about Scion 2e right now? I thought it wasn't out yet.
>>
Are all Mages complete assholes to the other supernaturals, or is it merely another example of an unjustified stereotype?
>>
>>51640071
Depends on the Mage and the circumstances.
>>
>>51640071
the biggest nosy neighbors
>>
>>51640071
Mages raid Werewolf holy sites and steal all the magical juice that they use to keep the area healthy for the nearby spirits

Mages are assholes
>>
>>51640071

Why WOULDN'T you be a complete asshole to other supernaturals? They're fucking monsters..
>>
>>51640071
For the most part. But you can sell yourself as being one of the 'good' supernaturals to them.

Changelings are an extremely good fit, satisfying pretty much every tickbox necessary to have Mages be favourably disposed towards you:
- Not grossly inhuman appearing (Since they can't penetrate the mask, even if they detect it)
- Relatively harmless to nearby mortals, their reliance on emotional vampirism doesn't actually have to hurt people intrinsically
- Technically provide a service to the community (True Fae awareness)
- Unique abilities that can't be replicated by anything less than archmastery.
- Potentially a great source of useful magic curios, knickknacks, creatures and tools via the market and the wider hedge
- Definitely willing to talk to and trade with Mages (IE they have enough inability to deal with their own shit that a Mage is an extremely powerful and useful ally)
- Able to strengthen Supernal magic (*huge*)
>>
>>51640174
So a Moros couldn't become BFFs with a Mekhet?
>>
>>51640174
Werewolves are LITERALLY just trying to keep the earth / universe alive so that everyone including the mages can enjoy it

#GarouDidNothingWrong
>>
>>51640196

werewolves are terrible at their jobs and are fucking niggers
>>
>>51640191

Fate Adepts can fuck up a Changeling's day in horrendous ways. Why would they risk befriending someone who is a hard counter to their Template?
>>
>>51640196
>Werewolves are LITERALLY just trying to keep the earth / universe alive
If that were true they'd be fighting the Technocracy, not hiding in the fringes of reality.
>>
>>51640234

>If that were true they'd be helping the Technocracy

ftfy
>>
>>51640234
They're fighting the Wyrm who is literally the source of corruption and entropy. They're fighting the REAL threat
>>51640220
They meant well
>>
>>51640191
>they can't penetrate the mask
>Able to strengthen Supernal magic

Yeah, no. Go away you biased Changeling worm.
>>
File: 1484124559859.jpg (296KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484124559859.jpg
296KB, 900x900px
>>51634839
This. If there isn't a clearcut way to cross over monster mash, it's toilet paper.
>>
>>51640249

The Wyrm is just a giant dildo belonging to an Archmage that created it.
>>
>>51640305
That's not canon
>>
File: 1479835149656.jpg (120KB, 659x439px) Image search: [Google]
1479835149656.jpg
120KB, 659x439px
>>51635025
There's a technological explanation, no rational sleeper will have magic as their go to explanantion.

I dislike how life magic is the most paradox triggering school. All I ever wanted to transform in a tentacled lovecraftian horror in a crowded place.
>>
>>51640310

I believe it's canon therefore it is canon. My personal reality beats yours.

>Ascenion
>>
>>51640333
>implying
your just some lines of texat on the computer. You might not even exist for all I know
>>
There are a shitload of mage books. Without getting them all how do I know which ones belong to which WoD and edition?
>>
>>51640310
>>51640305
It was suggested in MotA that an ancient Archmage created Oblivion, so it has some theoretical truth to it. It's also a canon book.
>>
>>51640360
That's not what canon means
>>
>>51640271
But it's true, the mask is impenetrable by any terrestrial powers, a arch master might be able to see past through it.
>>
>>51640381
You seem afraid.
>>
>>51640402
Of what?
>>
>>51640381
>That's not what canon means

Do you?

>>51640383
>the mask is impenetrable by terrestrial powers

I would like you to cite your sources. Supernal Magic isn't exactly a "terrestrial" power.
>>
>>51640406
Of an Archmage having created The Wyrm as her personal dildo?
>>
>>51640432
Thankfully that's not canon
>>51640422
>Do you?
Something being possible doesn't mean its what happened
>>
inb4 archmage beat off
>>
>>51640439
>Thankfully that's not canon
>Something being possible doesn't mean its what happened

Doesn't matter. There is some grain of truth there regardless of what you believe. The Wyrm is the embodiment of Entropy. which is in itself Oblivion. It doesn't seem too far fetched to believe an Exemplar created an aspect of The Triat, or the whole package for that matter.

Nothing is set in stone, but it's a logical conclusion to make when dealing with crossover.
>>
>>51640460
That doesn't make it canon. Show me the book where its said that a mage created the triad

Even if they did then they did a really shit job considering how quickly everything went to shit with the weaver
>>
>>51640476
Why would a mage make a Chinese criminal organization? That seems like a really small and dumb thing to argue over being canon or not.
>>
>>51640476
>That doesn't make it canon

Where did I say it was canon? I'm going on theoretic plausibility here. Calm down.
>>
>>51640230
Acanthus have the least to gain from befriending a Changeling and you make a good point that the Changelings have the most to lose in that case.

But like, the majority of Mages.

>>51640271
Detecting the presence of the mask is pretty trivial for most Mages, IE most Mage sights will tell you that the exterior appearance of the Changeling is an illusion.

The mask is one of the strongest illusions as far as preventing you from seeing what is behind it in the whole setting, though. Changelings can burn it off, and it lapses on occasion during certain spell casts etc. but you have to go against the will of an entire plane to see through it, since if you see through it, you see through all masks.

You might be able to creative thaumaturgy something that manipulates the mask to switch off, but to see through it while it remains active is like, beating an Aeon in a spell casting challenge with their own arcanum tier. Totally feasible with archmastery, not with anything less.
>>
>>51640485
oh I meant the Triat. Whatever one letter off, its pretty much the same thing
>>51640490
Its okay. Thankfully werewolves are beyond a doubt the true good guys in oWoD. Fighting to keep reality safe
>>
>>51640476
if MotA personally went out of its way to mention the open possibility of an Archmage creating Oblivion, it's a good pointer that high-Arete Mages are above The Triat in terms of power, regardless of what is true.
>>
File: Bone Gnawers.png (2MB, 844x1179px) Image search: [Google]
Bone Gnawers.png
2MB, 844x1179px
>>51640505
I was never auguring about power levels. I just said that werewolves were trying to save the earth from the Wyrm and that it means that they're the good guys
>>
>>51640500
Considering the Fate Arcanum can already cancel Contracts, I'm willing to bet that Mages can deal with the Mask.
>>
>>51640500
>>51640422

Supernatural Powers
Most supernatural beings are affected by the Mask as much as mortals, but unlike mortals, supernatural entities have their own ways of seeing through the illusion. It’s tricky for the viewer concerned, though. In all cases, other supernaturals suffer a flat –3 penalty to dice rolls made to penetrate the Mask; the magical deception the Mask provides is quite potent. Note that the reflexive Resolve + Wyrd roll made on the changeling’s part is not optional — this roll represents the constant strength of the Mask regardless of the changeling’s wishes.

Vampires using the Auspex Discipline can pierce the Mask by succeeding on an opposed roll of Wits + Auspex versus the changeling’s Resolve + Wyrd. The vampire must be actively using Heightened Senses or Aura Perception to make this roll, which is reflexive for both parties.

A werewolf in any of the forms that grant him a Perception bonus may attempt to use his preternatural senses to pierce the Mask with an opposed Wits + Composure versus Resolve + Wyrd roll. This is a reflexive action for both parties. This typically allows the werewolf to scent the changeling for what she is, but not to penetrate the visual illusion. The Insight Gift, Scent of Taint, can detect a changeling’s supernatural nature but cannot pierce the Mask.

A mage may pierce the Mask with any Mage Sight spell by making an opposed spellcasting roll (Gnosis + Arcanum or the rote dice pool, as appropriate) versus Resolve + Wyrd as a reflexive action.

A Promethean using the Aura Sight Transmutation may pierce the Mask by rolling Intelligence + Empathy versus Resolve + Wyrd as a standard action.

>Prommie's can see through it
>Vampires can see through it
>Werewolves can see through it

Man that's fucking dumb, it should just be impossible to see through, it's made by the fucking Wyrd man, christ.
>>
>>51640557
>it should just be impossible to see through

Because the Wyrd isn't as amazing as some people make it out to be? There are greater powers within the World of Darkness, Anon.
>>
>>51640577
I mean, it's a 7-8 force of nature man, of course there are things strong than it, but not fucking much hombre
>>
>>51640599
>The God-Machine
>The Abyss
>The Supernal Realms & The Exarchs

>Possibly The Principle
>>
>>51640620
>an average Mage
>>
>>51640620
Forgot Luna, Sol and Gaia
>>
>>51640620
>4 things
>3 of them are he source of greater splats just like changelings

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>51640599
The Wyrd is shit, buddy. Don't be mad that your favorite splat is the punching bag of CofD.

Go suck Gentry dick.
>>
>>51640646
An you have what to back that up?
>>
>>51640654
Any Acanthus ever
>>
>>51640627
For real though, how much Gnosis and Arcana is the "average" mage supposed to have, if such a thing exists? Like, you pick a name out of a pointy hat at some arbitrary Pentacle meeting or something.
>>
>>51640672
The average Gnosis would be 3-4 with an edge on 4.
>>
>>51640669
That's not really a good point, any splat can be made a punching bag by a mage.

That's like saying a sword is a punching bag to a gun, no fucking shit.
>>
>>51640654

Changelings are apparently better than Vampires in white-room combat. That doesn't really speak for much.
>>
What's the lore with Lucifer in oWoD? Demon: the Fallen left a lot of questions, and I read something about an antediluvian named Lucian but don't know what else there is.
>>
>>51639328
Am I okay to assume that Life spells like Hone the Form don't cause visible rapid muscle growth or loss, spells that notify mages of things do so telepathically and silently, spells that let mages see things across time and space beam the images right into your eyes/head, and you can do all of those things in public with no problem?
>>
>>51640892
I think its left up to you to decide whats going on with old Lucy. The vampire is unrelated to the fallen angel
>>
>>51640771

The only scary thing about the Kindred is Celerity and Dominate. They're weak as shit when you get around those two Disciplines, and it's easy to do so.
>>
What would Kazuma Kiryu be as a vampire?
>>
>>51640966
An Asian vampire
>>
>>51640941
Tell that to the Tzimisce and their furniture made of living people
>>
>>51640980
>Tzimisce made furniture
>Laughing Mage

Bitch please, Mages are the best furniture distributors in the supernatural market. Higher quality.
>>
>>51640998
Nah you don't get that quality raw suffering that you get with Tzimisce made stuff.
>>
>>51641015
>Implying all your customers want furniture made of flesh
>>
>>51637803
Why wouldn't Get work?
Just curious why you say that
>>
>>51641024
I guess if they have no class
>>
File: qt thyrsus.png (329KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
qt thyrsus.png
329KB, 680x660px
>>
I'm rolling up a character for a mage game and I'm torn between shadow names. He's a former detective who got booted off the force during his awakening. I cant decide between Auguste (Edgar Allan Poe's character) or Marlowe (the pulp era P.I).

Should I just flip a coin?
>>
>>51640771
>changeling smirks and pulls out goblin fruit

Aside from donkeykong 64 I dont understand how weaponized fruit

defeats a celeried vampirypoo
>>
>>51641176
And thats why you arent a changeling.
>>
File: 58799374_p0.jpg (386KB, 700x994px) Image search: [Google]
58799374_p0.jpg
386KB, 700x994px
>>
File: 1278259.jpg (59KB, 461x600px) Image search: [Google]
1278259.jpg
59KB, 461x600px
Werewolf's human wife carrying his child.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>51641171
1 = Auguste
2 = Marlowe
>>
>>51641241
MARLOWE IT IS.

Makes more sense. He's probably the kind of guy who'd read pulp over Poe.
>>
File: Phil Brucato.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Phil Brucato.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
I FUCKING LOVE PHIL BRUCATO
>>
>>51641197
That would just be a normal kid
>>
File: 1438024916253.jpg (128KB, 800x621px) Image search: [Google]
1438024916253.jpg
128KB, 800x621px
>>51641187
I know I didn't find the idea of being molested by a fae in exchange for a +3 on persuasion checks appealing.
I wouldn't give up my mage powers for anything.
Enjoy your ebola from a continent away. Wyrd can't fix your cells being irradiated ha-lewl

>mage gives you cancer
>changling eats a goblin peach
>round 3 ????
>>
>>51641373
They aren't real
>>
>>51641380
You're telling me werewolves and vampires and fairies and mages and demons dont exist? How will I cope with this startling discovery that has rocked the foundations of my entire world.
>>
File: God.jpg (121KB, 736x920px) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
121KB, 736x920px
>>51641380
We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn-by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation-anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wished to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth century ideas about the laws of nature. We make the laws of nature.
>>
>>51640894
Knowing and Unveiling spells are usually covert, and Scrying opens up a window that a Mage projects their senses through, and it's invisible. You would need Space Mage Sight to see one, but even a Mage with no Space would sense the spell through his Peripheral Mage Sight.

As for Hone the Form, it's subtle. I'd say you'd need Shapechanging to Hulk out.
>>
>>51641420
I want to fuck God.
>>
File: 5753536536.gif (4MB, 315x210px) Image search: [Google]
5753536536.gif
4MB, 315x210px
>>51641420
>>
>>51641420
That's a big girl.
>>
>>51641469
What if she's just in a very small place?
>>
File: MTC.jpg (33KB, 308x440px) Image search: [Google]
MTC.jpg
33KB, 308x440px
Has anyone here actually played Mummy: The Curse?

What was it like?

How is it even played?
>>
>>51640249

>Wyrm
>the real threat

That's not the Weaver.
>>
>>51641420
Communism is the 10th Sphere and 6th Tower.
>>
Why do Werewolves and Vampires have the best skulls? Doesn't OPP realize their human skulls sick?
>>
>>51641599
Seizing the means of production takes on a whole new light.
>>
>>51641599
So unless I'm confusing things are Tremere mage-commies?
>>
>>51641512
They're retardedly overpowered on the one hand, have very little to DO on the other hand, cannot function in a prolonged chronicle since they go back to being dead after like a month of activity and not having a personality or will of their own are central elements of their nature.

So, great antagonists, really shitty PCs.
>>
File: 1479835802621.png (827KB, 600x780px) Image search: [Google]
1479835802621.png
827KB, 600x780px
How many dots in life would it take to turn into that tentacle monster at the end of Hellboy?

Could a sleeper's disbelief be countered by having every other molecule of oxygen around them be Mattered into LSD?

Or I suppose it would be easier to travel around in a thick fog,
or invisible.

The Dunwich Horror had it right from the get go
>>
>>51641762
Yeah. I love everything about the mummy but I can't figure out how do you make it work? How do you play with a group
>>
File: tumblr_o1ixwtk31w1qhttpto4_1280.jpg (658KB, 1280x915px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1ixwtk31w1qhttpto4_1280.jpg
658KB, 1280x915px
Is Persephone a better Shadow name of a Thyrsus or Moro's?
>>
File: 1486371422575.jpg (130KB, 581x546px) Image search: [Google]
1486371422575.jpg
130KB, 581x546px
>>51641869
>He's trying to name a thyrsus Persephone
>>
Did Hades score the best waifu of all the Greek Pantheon
>>
>>51641942
>Not Hekate's three heads and witchcraft knowledge
Helot tier.
>>
>>51641916
Call your Thyrsus Persephone and have her kidnapped/raped/married to a Moros named Hades.
>>
File: 1479304493685.jpg (17KB, 398x370px) Image search: [Google]
1479304493685.jpg
17KB, 398x370px
>>51641916
>>51642075
>naming a thyrsus persephone
>>
>>51640196
Yeah, but Garou fucked up a bunch along the way because they got a little too high on their own hubris. Garou feed the Wyrm even when they think they're fighting it.

Their greatest tribe became a twisted enemy that openly mocks them and undermines all of their efforts to combat the Wyrm.

They feed the Weaver which may well be the actual bad guy in all of this, but can't live without muh cities and technology.
>>
>>51634839
Oh, it's you again.

You'd think a year of doing it would work it out of your system, but here you are again, pretending the fagness didn't start in 1991 with your gothic punk and your lords of the night shtick.
>>
>>51642335

Vampires are pretty fucking gay in general
>>
>>51642092
I really think it's funny when players name their Mages after Greek gods.

I mean fuck, not only is it kind of arrogant to name yourself after a god, but did you also forget that the Greek Pantheon was practically the Alabama of ancient Europe? Persephone, for example, is the child of Demeter and Zeus.

Who are brother and sister. Oh, and Hades is both her paternal AND maternal uncle.

So yeah, while you might name your Thrysus after Persephone in the hope that it might bring to mind a Hades counterpart or whatever, I'm wondering how badly you got molested by your uncle.
>>
>>51642399
Greek mythology was pretty fucked up. Sure in norse humans were created by a cow from what I hear but at least everyone didn't bang his siblings.
>>
Isn't Hades and Pershepone one of those fall for your rapist stories chicks love so much?
>>
>>51642432
>what are Freya and Freyr
>>
>>51642399
>>51642432

"Implying that incest is a bad thing
>>
>>51642446
Eh. I've been inured to the concept of it by spending too much time on this website, but it still is kind of a bad thing. It causes genetic defects.

Genetic defects can result in mental disabilities.

Mental disabilities that might, for example, cause someone to forget how to greentext properly.
>>
>>51642443
Well there is that and I have no idea what kind of sex loki was into
>>
>>51642469
>Too lazy to delete and repost
>>
What would a group of Black Spiral Dancers do if they found out that a couple orphan mages are living on a node/caern?
>>
>>51642563

Lawnchairs! Lawnchairs everywhere!
>>
>>51642599
If they were players, sure.

I'm running a vampire game and the groups sabbat. Black spiral dancers have been manipulating them and recently the players told the werewolves about the mages.

Basically I'm trying to figure out how the wyrm werewolves would react to this knowledge and then I need to figure out a way to let the players be involved and matter at least a bit. I've also considered throwing in a glass walker or two since one of the orphan mages is close to virtual adepts.

What the fuck do werewolves of any allegiance do when they find out mages have been living in a caern? I'm not even sure entirely how much damage they'd be doing. I'm way more familiar with mage than I am with werewolf.
>>
>>51642722
Don't use Mages. Use Sorcerers instead.
>>
>>51642759
What the fuck are sorcerers and how does it differ?

They've known the mages for a while though I try to keep them from getting overly involved in vampire society because mages can just fucking kill everything. It's a bit late to change who they are at this point.
>>
>>51642778
>What the fuck are sorcerers
Think of them as mages as they were meant to be.
>>
>>51642786
That's not really helpful, mate, thanks though.

What I need is to understand mage/werewolf relationships. The mages existing isn't the problem. I've also been fairly careful with their paradigms regardless. Yes, they can fucking wreck a werewolf but they don't KNOW that.
>>
What happened to that one anon who was playing vampire and a mage came in and accused his cotorie of being child killers?
>>
>>51642821

Probably still watching his character get FLAMED. I remember the mage was an Obrimos with a fire theme.
>>
>>51642916
That is like every obrimos ever
>>
>>51642778
>What the fuck are sorcerers and how does it differ?

Depends on the edition of Sorcerer. Originally they were a separate thing entirely, currently they are more-or-less inferior mages who haven't yet managed to Awaken. The Order of Hermes trains them In the hopes that they will become true Mages.

They are essentially the 'normal' spellcasters of the settings, and the most common by far. Weaker than Mages but do not suffer from Paradox. Static magic vs dynamic magic.
>>
>>51642786

Why do you say that? Sorcerers are weak as balls. Either they upgrade to blood magic by being Embraced, or pray that they will Awaken to even more power.

Preferably the later option.
>>
>>51642778
They're like mages but a lot less overpowered (ie they actually fulfill the role of being the kind of character who has a useful but not overwhelming toolbox to use wisely, but is ultimately very fragile and thus balanced), which is why mage fans tend to hate them with a passion.
>>
>>51643098

Presumably because they are 'Mages that can actually turn up in a mixed splat campaign without shitting all over it'
>>
>>51642809
>What I need is to understand mage/werewolf relationships
Werewolves tend to mistrust or outright hate Mages in WoD. I don't know much about Werewolf but I would say that Mages squatting in some kind of sacred ground is just cause for murder or some kind of punishment.
>>
>>51643178
gasp
>>
>>51642916
It was a teenage girl who introduced herself as "Scorch, Talon of the Adamantine Arrow".
>>
>>51643178
You say this like Mages weren't designed to have overwhelming power.
>>
>>51643288

Oh yeah no way in hell a mage with that type of naming convention will let those vamps go without cooking them like a christmas ham.
>>
>>51643325
The anon said that he thought his ST was planning to have it be a misunderstanding and a way to introduce her as a NPC.

Smells like a DMPC situation waiting to happen.
>>
>>51643401
My player met Obrimos mage when said obrimos decided he wanted to test his kung fu on a vampire so It's not that outlandish
>>
Teenage and hormonal Mage Scorch living in an apartment with anons coterie.
>>
>>51643528
Sounds like a hentai I've seen before
>>
>>51643528
Drawing penises on them while they sleep for trying to make her do the dishes
>>
Does she have a trenchcoat and katana too?
>>
>>51643574
No she has a trenchcoat and TWO katanas.
>>
>>51643593
That are on fire
>>
File: maria bloodborne.png (706KB, 900x578px) Image search: [Google]
maria bloodborne.png
706KB, 900x578px
>>51643606
What we're saying is she's Maria from Bloodborne but a lot less fun to fight.
>>
I admit I would watch family comedy-drama about two vampires trying to rise teenage mage in CofD
>>
>>51643620

And far more dangerous
>>
>>51643637
Probably doesnt have a puffy vulva either.
>>
>>51643620
I need more Bloodborne in my Cofd :/
>>
>>51643636
>You will not summon the horrifying light of our ancient and abominable enemy, the Sun, in this house young lady!
>Urgh, the purifying light of day is the only way I can express myself!

>Daaaaads! I just want to go to the Assembly with a few other apprentices!
>Not wearing that much you're not!
>>
>>51643845
God imagine trying to ground a mage with any dots in mind.
>>
>>51643845
>Dad stop trying to murder my boyfriend!
>I know his type child. He will eat your soul and leave a hollow shell behind
>Dad! Philip is would not do that
>Philip is a Tremere child. He would do exactly that
>>
What kind of powers do Hunters have, if any? How do they fight? I'm thinking of maybe having proper witch hunters instead of Banishers show up in my campaign.
>>
>>51643890
Depends on if you're doing the Vigil or Reckoning.
>>
>>51643916
Vigil. The game is Awakening so I'd prefer to keep it in CofD.
>>
>>51643636
Except you cant because chronicle of fags cant do cross overs
>>
>>51643945
Aside from Conspiracy based powers, HtV have no supernatural powers unless you take supernatural merits
>>
>>51643965
Ok thanks.
>>
>>51637441

Just wanted to say this is amazing!

Thanks anon
>>
File: 1485340146422.jpg (149KB, 968x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485340146422.jpg
149KB, 968x1024px
>>51643945
>awakening
>keep it cofd
Cofd players always this retarded?
>>
>>51644027
Guess so.
>>
>>51643993
Also they have Tactics and can do cool stuff with willpower
>>
>>51644027
What's from stopping people to adapt Reckoning hunters to CofD?
>>
An Artifact that allows aimed spells to be thrown at high speeds so defense doesn't apply like Firearms. How many dots?
>>
How do you pull off a Noctis (or a Gilgamesh, for you old fashioned types) using Awakened magic? Have a bunch of blades spinning around you deflecting bullets, throw them at enemies as an attack?
>>
>>51644172
Outside the rules, talk to your GM.
I'd personally say flat up say "no".

Just learn Time 1, and buy the Merit already.
Or don't, and man the fuck up.
>>
>>51644197
I can't think of any way that doesn't involve way more effort than it's worth.
>>
>>51644197
You could use Forces 2 to create a shield to block bullets and enchant your throwing knives to hit like a rifle round.

Since it's mostly aesthetic I'd let you cast a separate Forces 3 spell to telekinetically control a swarm of knives around you. They wouldn't be blocking the bullets but it would appear that they were and you could use telekinesis to throw the enchanted knives.
>>
>>51644658
I think he means swords.
>>
>>51644720
It'll still work with swords. It'll be a pain, cost a lot of mana/reach, and there are far easier ways to fight but it's possible from char-gen. Besides if you're playing mage you're probably not into rational applications of power.

Obrimos
Forces 3/Prime2/Matter 1
Gnosis 3
>>
>>51644895
>Besides if you're playing mage you're probably not into rational applications of power.
I got my first paradox in a game by using co-location portals to set up trick shots
>>
>>51644895
You'd still have to carry around a bunch of swords though.

Or have that buster sword from Advent Children that is really a bunch of smaller swords that can fold and form into one big sword.
>>
>>51644963
I like using Space 3 to enchant guns so that they gain the rote quality on attacks. The rationale being that the spell is warping space so the bullets are always flying towards the target.

Combined with Quantum Flux and Outward and Inward eye you can pull off some 'John Wick' shit.
>>
>>51640196
>#GarouDidNothingWrong

War of Rage
War of Rage 2: Garous take the Americas
War of Tears

>>51641565
Weaver-chan did nothing wrong
>>
>>51641512

I've played Mummy. A one-on-one game though, with my GF.

Playing over several eras hodgepodge through each other.

She was woken up by her cult throughout the ages to create leylines and supernaturally attuned buildings to keep an entity from between the stars out of this world. Meanwhile she had to deal with an ex-lover from life who became a deceived and helped/hindered her because he was convinced she could create the perfect colour red when she recovered her true name from the judgs.

He planned to revive her, grant her apotheosis and then cut her open to create a painting.

It was fun but the rules are byzantine, Decree is mostly for flavour and does basically nothing.
We refluffed a lot to give Arisen more purpose, like protecting acces to the language of the stars and Duat from mortals and more active judges.
Also far more naturally occuring horrifying Sekhem Relics.
Mostly it was her bursting in midway through a horror film and beating the shit out of spooky monsters and maniacs caused by Sekhem.
Occasionally also accidetally murdering bystanders.
>>
File: 58612506_p0.jpg (503KB, 800x1146px) Image search: [Google]
58612506_p0.jpg
503KB, 800x1146px
What do Mages respect? Wisdom? Knowledge?Power? What if the most powerful mage in the room is an adolescent who has all the emotional, rebellious and hormonal baggage you can expect from the age group?
>>
>>51643879

Okay this got a chuckle out of me.

Fucking Philip.
>>
>>51645326
Than everyone in that room is at the mercy of an adolescent who has all the emotional, rebellious and hormonal baggage you can expect from the age group.

Watch 'It's a Good Life' (The Twilight Zone). It should give you some inspiration and a lot of perspective.

Also, mages respect all of the above with knowledge coming in first.
>>
>>51645326
Mages definitely respect knowledge and wisdom more than power, I would say. If a teenager had tons of power but no knowledge or wisdom an older Mage would see it as a waste, and would definitely look down on that Mage. They would probably do something like try to manipulate them or maybe there would be a nice Master who would offer to educate them so that they can explore the fullest potentials of their power.

Or maybe they would find a way to put that teenage Mage in their place. I remember reading something like "Beware of putting all of your experience points into Arcana. There are those in the Consilium who delight in putting up-and-comers back in their place". Something like that.
>>
What if I kept pumping Gnosis instead of Arabs? Would that still be beneficial?
>>
>>51645326
>What do Mages respect? Wisdom? Knowledge?Power?

Power, tempered by Wisdom, and Knowledge.
Basically, self-control.
>>
How are the lawnchairs doing?
>>
>>51645547
Pump those Arabs, what can it hurt?
>>
>>51645207
Everyone makes a few mistakes
>>
>>51640941
oWoD has tzimisce who can change their form at will. And if they touch you can do the same.
Both oWoD amd CofD vampires have dominate which can let vampires control you with a word. Abilities like majesty and presence where you activelt want to help them.
Obfuscation allows vampire to live in your house and look like your best friend.

Both renditions of the gangrel can turn into animals.

Yeah mages can counter that but good luck using a rote when giant with bone spikes is trying to kill you right fucking now
>>
What is Wisdom? And how you can translate it to other game systems?
>>
>>51646708
Wisdom is the Integrity analog
>>
>>51646647
>vampire tries to touch me
>set him on fire
>vampire tries to look in my eyes
>put up mental shield
>then set him on fire
>vampire needs my help
>set him on fire to free him from his unlife
>best friend has been living in apartment for a while
>hasn't paid rent
>set him on fire
>weird animal snapping and barking at me
>set it on fire
>bone spike giant charging at me
>use hung spell to set it on fire
>>
>>51647095
>>put up mental shield
Doesn't this become a roll off with their dominate or majesty dots added to the total pool? Better to just wear sweet shades and avoid eye contact.

Then set them on fire if they try.
>>
>>51645522
Yea I don't see the Orders taking any chances on a low-Wisdom young Mage. I can't think of any Order that would give him any status (unless your local Assembly is totally nuts, or if he's convinced the Guardians he's the Hieromagus or some shit) and if he became a problem the Pentacle has ZERO qualms about taking his Soul out until he learns to behave himself.
>>
>>51647095
Livin' that Low-Wisdom Obrimos life I see.
>>
Played a mortals game where my character was stung by a creature and laid and egg inside my womb. The "baby" hearted in a span of a few minutes before I had to give birth to it. The new creature grew and didn't kill me because I was its "mother". Would I get a hit to my integrity?
>>
>>51647495
I wouldn't thrust any pentacle that considers soul removal a just punishment, I'd rather present that mage to the interfector.
>>
Any Forsaken fan remember where was the table/description of favors spirits could as in exchange for doing stuff? I though it was in Lore of the Forsaken but i cant find it.
>>
>>51647585
Depends, did you see if the storyteller happened to have a hand on his cock at the time?
>>
When playing in a WtF game or running a WtF, do I need to abide by the 'no killing the Pure' rule? Because they seem like worthless cunts who should be killed on sight.
>>
>>51634935
Scion 2e's got some pretty good lore now, fuck you on

(From what I've seen anyway, and I've been following that kickstarter religiously)
>>
So since Death's purview are endings can you used to find out when a certain event ended? Can you use it to the know why a contract was terminated? Can you use it to find out when your car runs out gas. What does "endings" mean?
>>
Any a you guys got the Night Horrors pdf?

It's not in the bin to my knowledge, and I wanted to run a Heroes game
>>
>>51647095
Seriously why would anyone play something else?
>>
>>51647095
Also can you multitask to take care of the nosferatu leveleling a shotgun to your skull while your setting the vampire with bone spikes on fire? Or the their ghoul with the snipet rifle or the myriad of various other socially connected people vampires take into combat with them?
>>
>>51649100
Mages are boring and has the worst player base
>>
>>51649100
Because the way the mage posters frame it there's literally nothing challenging for mages. And frankly being able to steam roll the whole world sounds boring
>>
>>51649105
lol is this vampy's last line of defense? "I'm strong because I have people besides met!" what are you? some anime character? lmfao
>>
>>51649161
So I'll take that as "no I cant stop the vampires friends from riddling me with bullets all at once"
>>
>>51649189
But you easily can, that's what invisibility and mage armor and displacement and magical fog and charm and a thousand other things for.
>>
>>51649222
You can do those and set the vampire on fire? And not run out of the mage equivalent of vitae? In a single turn?
>>
>>51649264
Ruling Arcanum are a hell of a drug.
>>
>>51648470
Whatever the storyteller wants it to mean. If that sounds annoyingly vague its by design. They wanted overlap with the arcana so you didn't need so many to function.

But for your example using a Death Knowing spell is perfectly fine to figure out when an event finished or a contract terminates, or when a car will run out of fuel. If I was your storyteller Time, Fate, or Matter would also work.
>>
>>51647095
>Didn't want to pay russian hooker
>set her on fire
>my dick feels weird now
>Set it on fire
>>
>>51649222
>bullets
>against
>Obrimos

I'm glad you have a sense of humor.
>>
>>51649309
>my dick feels weird now
>Feels like its it on fire

Learn the Life Arcanum.
>>
I swear mage poster are one good shitpost aeay from saying "god didn't curse Caine! It was a hermetic sorcerer who liked Abel!"
>>
>>51649337
You can't set anything on fire with life..... unless...

>THE SEEEX ISSSS ON FIREEEEEE
>>
>>51642916
>>51643028
>Obrimos with a fire theme
>That is like every obrimos ever

Hardly. You obviously forgot about all the thunder and lightening themed Obrimos.
>>
>>51649369
>"god didn't curse Caine! It was a hermetic sorcerer who liked Abel!"

That's the spirit!
>>
>>51649372
Is his battle station fully operational?
>>
File: stalking_the_invaders_by_meluran.jpg (421KB, 737x1000px) Image search: [Google]
stalking_the_invaders_by_meluran.jpg
421KB, 737x1000px
>>51648291

Anyone?
>>
>>51649156
There is a lot of over exaggeration. Magic is powerful but it's not really finger-snap easy at low levels. Once you can consistently get to 6+ dice pools after spell penalties it's a different story (This is usually around the 30-40 experience mark).
>>
>>51649403
What edition? I haven't played werewolf in a while but in 2e killing the pure is fine just don't eat them.
>>
>>51647585
Yeah that.... That's a integrity check for you, everyone in your party and probably the players as well. Might wanna rethink your group.

Well unless you're into that, then yea, still a integrity check. have fun.
>>
>>51647585
This is some 'dare you enter my magical realm' bullshit.
>>
File: 1486582506735.jpg (297KB, 809x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486582506735.jpg
297KB, 809x800px
Damn Mages who use Nudity as a Yantra!
>>
>>51649387
>Is his battle station fully operational?

Fear is the path to the Abyss.
Fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
Hate leads to suffering.
>>
>>51649432

2e yeah. I like most of the rule changes for 2e.
>>
>>51649527
>Damn Mages who use Nudity as a Yantra!

It would be very rare. The only way to use nudity as a Yantra is if nudity is related to a character's purchased Shadow Name or Techne merits or provided by a Legacy.
>>
>>51649105
>have cabal mate
>they set ugly vampire on fire (i taught them well)
>put up mage armor religiously every morning
>bullets always miss me because my Space game is strong
>kinda feel bad about that old lady getting hit by sniper fire tho
>set her on fire to put her out her misery
>be popular in the consilium as that guy who sets stuff on fire
>have tons of connections with other mages who are just as strong as me and know how to handle things without just setting them on fire
>but they come to me when they need stuff set on fire
>>
>>51649527
>naked right next to boiling liquid

hubris.jpg
>>
>>51649432
>killing the pure is fine just don't eat them.
Waste not want not
>>
>>51649555
The morality system was my favorite. I hope they use something similar for Geist.
>>
How can a mortal defeat any supernatural without being seen?
>>
>>51649264
Mage Armor can be activated as a reflexive action. Also since the fire thing was a hung spell that does leave the mage free to cast at the Nosferatu.
>>
>>51649664
Drones.
>>
>>51649664
Being seen by the target or by anybody?
>>
>>51649669
It costs a mana to activate. If you're hanging spells you may as well hang a shielding spell to go off when an initiative roll occurs.
>>
>>51649595
>how to handle things without just setting them on fire

Huh? I assume you mean the only other reasonable alternative to setting something on fire, that being extreme electrocution.

You also hardly need space to protect against bullets. Besides the raw armor provided by Force 2 attainment, a simple Forces 2 Shielding effect against kinetic energy would more than adequately suffice.

Non-mages, no less vampires, attacking an Obrimos with firearms or in melee are effectively committing suicide by mage.
>>
>>51649686
Anybody. Think "so paranoid they'd kill their own family to hide their identity".
>>
>>51649527
qt3.14 Acanthus.
>>
File: 1486582792805.jpg (904KB, 724x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1486582792805.jpg
904KB, 724x1086px
>>51649527
>>
>>51649664
>How can a mortal defeat any supernatural without being seen?

Other than N intercontinental, thermonuclear missile strike, it really depends on the type of supernatural target (and some would probably even know who was behind a missile launch *cough*mages*cough*).
>>
>>51649708
Going around severing your sympathetic connections within your social network is seen as paranoid even by Mage standards.
>>
>>51649707
I think making bullets magically miss me is cooler than just stopping them. It was also really just an excuse to set an old lady on fire.
>>
>>51649264
Improvised casting from Ruling Arcana don't cost a mana. And you can learn rotes for everything else.

>>51649318
>picrelated
>>
>>51649736

>>51649527

Thyrsus, not Acanthus.
>>
>>51649710
That's obviously a Thrysus you bitch.
>>
>>51649747
I once jumped into twilight to save myself from a car-bomb that leveled the building I was in at the time. I'm still proud of that maneuver.
>>
My next chronicle is going to have Abyss-infected mage hunters. Which kind of power they can have?
>>
>>51649778
Looks like she's working up a hex to me.
>>
>>51649781
Entering Twilight is the easiest way to avoid mundane detection. Of course if ST decides to make the Twilight plane different.
>>
>>51649789
>My next chronicle is going to have Abyss-infected mage hunters. Which kind of power they can have?

Sounds like the CofD version of Fomori.
>>
>>51649789
With the Abyss powering them? Whatever the hell you feel like. They'll be walking conduits of un-reality.
>>
>>51648291

Personally, i feel this was the biggest flop of Forsaken. The no-kill pure thing is all over the place. It made sense from a game perspective as the pure as atagonist cant replendish their number with the same insane speed of their OWoD counter parts Black spiral dancers. Its also every pure is a story as there isnt really a thing like "typical pure #445514" as there is with BSD so that levy the pressure of having to think truckloads of the names, backstory and personalities if the players were killing them by the truckload like in OWOD.

However the problem is that the pure are not that sympathetic. They are neo nazis and almost nobody feels sympathy for a unrepentant neo nazi and much less when they are coming to kill you. While a regularly WW2 nazi is bad, one could find one that is just a soldier in a shitty regime. But a neo Nazi? They choose to be there, they choose to pursue what they pursue and do what they do out of sheer ideology. Same with the Pure. The game expect you to always play the "bigger man" when a neo nazi is coming to kill you.

So i would say to go easy on the whole "killing pure is bad" if you dont mind coming with loads of new NPCs for them to kill.
>>
>>51649592
If nudity is relevant to the spell being cast. I believe it is a good Yantra for meditative or cleansing spells. Any spell that may be involved symbolism of baring yourself.
>>
>>51649758
>I think making bullets magically miss me is cooler than just stopping them.

Why employ a non-Ruling Arcanum if you don't need to?

>It was also really just an excuse to set an old lady on fire.

Is there any other way to treat a sleeper?
>>
>>51649789
>Which kind of power they can have?
Paradox. Seriously, imagine it. They'll cause Paradox like Sleepers so Mages couldn't use any vulgar spells against them.

Or to escape from them.
>>
>>51649821
I want them to be mostly like normal humans. Except hive mind and actively blowing Paradox in the faces of mages (as >>51649854
suggested) who think they can solve every problem with spell. Is there any writeups on Abyssal powers?
>>
How can I make a Sleepwalker antagonist a viable threat to Mage Players?
>>
>>51649837

That's not how Yantras work.

There are set Yantras as described in the relevant section of the book (e.g., certain Path and Order tools, mundras, High Speech, etc.). If you want to expand your Yantra repertoire, you need to take merits like Shadow Name or Techne or join an appropriate Legacy.

Just because something might be "relevant" or "symbolic" to the spell being cast, doesn't make it a Yantra. This is a common misunderstanding of the rules.
>>
>>51649889
YOU ARE BEING RECORDED
>>
>>51649889
They know enough about Mage society to really screw it up with manipulations and intrigue.
>>
>>51649890
Wow no. Yantras can being anything. Would are literally the first person to limit Yantras.
>>
>>51649854
>vulgar spells against them.

In Mage 2e, there's no longer a distinction between vulgar and covert spells.

>>51649862
>I want them to be mostly like normal humans.

If they're infected with the Abyss, no less in sufficient proportion to be a threat to mages, you can forget about them being mostly like normal humans.
>>
>>51649919
>In Mage 2e, there's no longer a distinction between vulgar and covert spells.
I know. But obvious magic in front of Sleepers still causes Paradox, right?

So while spells might not be labeled as such anymore, there are still "vulgar" spells.
>>
>>51649890
Your logic completely contradicts the reason why Yantras were added in the first place. They are there to put flavor and style to your casting. Limiting it to only stuff in the book is anathema to the concept.
>>
>>51649829

I don't know how they recruit anyone without using magic to brain wash them. Any werewolf that grew up in the modern, especially western world and with its conveniences would probably be turned away by their batshit insane ideologies and intense butthurt over the Forsaken.
>>
>>51649919
>If they're infected with the Abyss, no less in sufficient proportion to be a threat to mages, you can forget about them being mostly like normal humans.
All Sleepers infected with the Abyss, those are just more anti-magic than others.
>>
>>51649916
>Yantras can being anything.

No, they most certainly cannot. You need to reread the rules about Yantras or acknowledge you're using houserules. This misunderstanding has been discussed extensively here and on the OPP forums by DaveB and others.

For instance, what would be the point of merits like Shadow Name or gaining additional Legacy Yantras if mages could use anything they wanted?
>>
>>51649972
Show me a link. Merits like Shadow names are there for more powerful personalzations of style. Even if you say it's true, I it completely BS for the themes and I'm keeping the fucking "houserules". It's not like the first time I disagreed with what Dave says
>>
>>51649956

Yantras do indeed add flavor, and those provided in the Yantra section can easily be liberally interpreted for style and substance (e.g., a American Express Gold Card might used instead of a Gold Coin for a spell involving wealth or material goods) Merits like Shadow Name and Techne, as well as Legacies, permit an even greater range of Yantras.

However, Mage 2e definitely does not provide for free-form Yantras.
>>
>>51649960
>I don't know how they recruit anyone without using magic to brain wash them. Any werewolf that grew up in the modern, especially western world and with its conveniences would probably be turned away by their batshit insane ideologies and intense butthurt over the Forsaken.

They basically use real human brainwashing tactics. Make their own isolating communities. Or an alternative idea that i use and is hinted as valid in the books is that in a way they are the sabbat of forsaken.

They got a good selling speech that hide the price until they switch tribes and then there is no going back. Also they sell the idea of "freedom of duty" the whole "hunt what you want and get respect from the shadows without being hated by spirits and pure alike.
>>
>>51650014

Try to explain merit merits like Techne or the extra Yantras provided by Legacies, or even matters as simple as the fact that mages can only use the indicated Tools as a Yantra if they are composed of the specific materials related to their Path (e.g., a gold or steel wand for an Obrimos or a crystal or silver wand for an Acanthus).

If a mage could use anything as a Yantra, it would defeat you own justification as Yantras as means to magical style, unless by style you mean whatever the mages wants.

However, I would welcome you citation to Mage 2e or any developer comments stating or explaining how a mage could you anything "relevant" to a spell as a Yantra other than the prescribed Yantras or those provided by listed Merits or a Legacy.
>>
>>51649829
>They are neo nazis and almost nobody feels sympathy for a unrepentant neo nazi and much less when they are coming to kill you.
Since ww2 Nazism has been popping up all over the world. You may not like it, I may not like it, but it's an ideology some people really cling to.

Besides, killing Pure isn't forbidden, it barely even has a mechanical impact. Everyone breaks the oaths one way or another, and there's a tribe dedicated to offing other werewolves.
>>
How does the world look when you are in twilight state?
>>
>>51650832
>>51649829
>this shit again
they're not neo nazis or nazis
they want to rule, and don't give a shit about humanity
PKs want to blow it all up and have old pangaea
FT want the shadow to rule
IC just want to be rulers among humans

these shouldn't be hard to appreciate. if people can only want to play games where they'd be powerful, then monsters wanting to be powerful isn't so fucking bizarre
>>
>>51650867
Hazy, whispy... Ephemeral.
Except for "Twilight" phenomenon on your frequency, which looks solid.
>>
Why does Caine's curse give him and his childer superpowers again?
>>
>>51650882
The only ones/closest ones to nazi is the IC because, you know, purity.
>>
>>51650934

Humanity was denied its rightful destiny by a vengeful God. Lucifer championed their ascension, that is why he waged his war in the first place.

Caine, and Lilith, are an example of humanity's potential turned to dark corners by the creator.
>>
>>51650832
>Since ww2 Nazism has been popping up all over the world. You may not like it, I may not like it, but it's an ideology some people really cling to.

I didnt said it shouldn't exist, i said that neo nazis arent really sympathetic. The whole "they are people too" in a game in which you routinely off humans, spirits and other monsters feels forced specially when they are presented in the light they are presented as.

>>51650832
>Besides, killing Pure isn't forbidden, it barely even has a mechanical impact. Everyone breaks the oaths one way or another, and there's a tribe dedicated to offing other werewolves.

Killing the pure IS forbidden, its one of the only acts of killing that moves your harmony and its on the oath of the moon. There is also the oath of the moon "the people dont kill the people". And remember that the Blood talons are dedicated to hunt other werewolves not necessarily kill them.

Which credit to credit is due, 2nd edition makes killing a pure normally a 100% conscious choice. Garu regeneration being what it it, you really need to mean it when you wanna kill a another pure.

The full moon in our party had 3 in brawl and fighting 1 on 1 with a pure in garu was a slow fight. Each turn he had to hit overflow (12+) to at least make a single aggravated wound that wouldnt regenerate on the next turn.
>>
>>51650921
Hmm my character always viewed it as as if everything is submerged under the sea. Sand and salt coat everything and sound is muffled as if travelling underwater and normal matter looks like slowly being corroded. Ghosts don't have any form but appear as moving detritus and dead microorganisms floating together.
>>
>>51650882

They "might" not want to rule but sure as hell they behave like neo nazis.

>PKs want to blow it all up and have old pangaea
In which they were the top dogs.

>FT want the shadow to rule.
And convert or exterminate all the forsaken.

>IC just want to be rulers among humans
And exterminate all the forsaken.
>>
>>51650937
except Nazis purity is all about everyone living in peace because they're all the same race
the ivory claws want to be ivory claws, and want humans to be humans, so they can hunt them and eat them and be dicks to them

they want a strict hierarchy, with them at the top

focus on the bloodline and respecting heritage has nothing to do with nazism

shit they're far more like feudal or monarchal dynasties than nazis
>>
>>51651000
Twilight is ultimately a frequency of reality rather than a distinct "place", so I guess it's feasible to want to have different wants of interpreting that "sensory" phenomenon.

Probably not if you're a Mage, but certainly if you're a Sin-Eater.
>>
>>51650978
>I didnt said it shouldn't exist, i said that neo nazis arent really sympathetic. The whole "they are people too" in a game in which you routinely off humans, spirits and other monsters feels forced specially when they are presented in the light they are presented as.
1: not nazis
2: its' not about "nazis are people too" its because you're fucking werewolves and your beliefs are stupid, you shouldn't be killing each other
>Killing the pure IS forbidden, its one of the only acts of killing that moves your harmony and its on the oath of the moon.
killing humans, shit killing wolves moves your harmony, that's not even werewolves, just the wild animal

>There is also the oath of the moon "the people dont kill the people".
yes, and the oaths are broken all the time
>And remember that the Blood talons are dedicated to hunt other werewolves not necessarily kill them.
yeah but they do kill them

>>51651006
>>PKs want to blow it all up and have old pangaea
>In which they were the top dogs.
>>FT want the shadow to rule.
>And convert or exterminate all the forsaken.
>>IC just want to be rulers among humans
>And exterminate all the forsaken.
I don't think you know what Nazism means
it's national socialism
they actually want equality for all after destroying elements they find negative to society
the only thing they have in common with nazis is killing forsaken and their reasons for doing it are completely different

it's a holy war
>>
>>51650977
Is Lucifer dead?
>>
>>51651112

no he's just making movies in hollywood for some reason
>>
>>51651042
Once the ST put obstacles in Twilight that weren't there in material. I entered twilight to slip past some security guards only to find the fire escape leading into the building destroyed in twilight
>>
File: Hellboy kills Satan.jpg (127KB, 588x753px) Image search: [Google]
Hellboy kills Satan.jpg
127KB, 588x753px
>>51651112
Yep.
>>
>>51651159
that's bullshit your st fucked up
>>
>>51651183
Not if he's in Ghost-Twilight.
That can contain the ghostly remains of destroyed buildings which held significant importance during their "life".
>>
>>51651206
Where can I read about Twilight?
>>
>>51640271
No, pls stay Changeling worm anon.
>>
>>51651206
that's the bullshit part
ST didn't want him going around security guards
>>
>>51651159
You can just walk through the security guards.
>>
>>51651232
Well I can always slip back to the material to climb up and reenter Twilight again
>>
>>51651250
Nah I meant that the entrance to the building only exists in the material so I would risk being caught.
>>
>>51641942
Unequivocally yes.
>>
>>51651232
>hurr durr any obstacle i cant immediately overcome with no effort is somehow bullshit.

fuck off and die.
>>
>>51651292
You can walk through walls while in Twilight...
>>
>>51643636
Pls yes
>>
Is there any room for killing Nazis in CofD?
Or is that best left to historical games, and pulp stuff like WoD?
>>
>>51651320
You can? Where is this stated? The Mage 2e certainly doent tell you.
>>
>>51651424
It actually does:

The State of Twilight, pg. 253
Without Manifestations or magic, ephemeral entities in the
material world exist in the state of Twilight. To beings in Twilight,
physical objects appear pale and semi-translucent; light sources are
dimmed, and sounds are distorted. They can only touch and interact
with Twilight objects, phenomena, and creatures comprised of
the same kind of ephemera. Attacks pass through a Twilight being,
and even solid concrete in the material world is no more hindrance
than fog. Sometimes structures and objects can enter the state of
Twilight, such as the ghostly reflections of destroyed buildings or
items, as well as those made immaterial through magic — these are
entirely solid to Twilight entities of the same type of ephemera.
Movement through Twilight roughly corresponds to that
of the material world, even though there is no gravity, wind,
or pressure. Flight is not possible unless appropriate for the
entity’s form; a fiery-winged Goetia might take to the sky, but a
clattering, rusting spirit of metal will stick to the material terrain.
Ghosts, ghostly echoes of destroyed buildings and objects, and
objects or people that have entered Twilight through the magic
of the Death Arcanum are all considered in phase with each
other. Spirits and objects or people that have entered Twilight
through the magic of the Spirit Arcanum are considered in
phase with each other. Goetia and mental projections through
the Mind Arcanum are considered in phase with each other.
Supernal entities that have entered Fallen Reality and used their
Arcana to enter Twilight are in phase with the appropriate type
of entity.
>>
>>51651424

On page 253

To beings in Twilight,
physical objects appear pale and semi-translucent; light sources are
dimmed, and sounds are distorted. They can only touch and interact
with Twilight objects, phenomena, and creatures comprised of
the same kind of ephemera. Attacks pass through a Twilight being,
and even solid concrete in the material world is no more hindrance
than fog. Sometimes structures and objects can enter the state of
Twilight, such as the ghostly reflections of destroyed buildings or
items, as well as those made immaterial through magic — these are
entirely solid to Twilight entities of the same type of ephemera.

So yes, Anon, it certainly does tell you.
>>
Hah! Jinx.
>>
>>51651462
>>51651455
So can you float around in twilight since there is no gravity?
>>
>>51651462
Hi Dave. Are we going to ever get the 2e FAQ? I just upgraded a mortal character to a mage in a mixed game and have been arguing with my GM over a ton of rules questions (notably, rotes and their limits re: modifying spell factors, since he's of the opinion a rote is a locked set of spell factor expenses) and kind of figure the FAQ might be a help to everyone.

But especially us, because I'm aware enough to admit to being self centered.
>>
>>51651509
No, read the section I quoted more thoroughly.
Unless you can somehow change your form to enable flight, or use a spell, you can't.
>>
>>51651509
>"Flight is not possible unless appropriate for the
entity’s form"

What's really interesting is what Twilight defines as "the ground", since you clearly don't sink into it but, on the other hand, are specifically said to be unable to touch physical objects. Say you're inside a building (you entered straight through the wall) - could you climb the stairs, or would your feet pass right through them? Would you be forever barred from the higher floors? If not, what is it about the floor which makes it so metaphysically special?
>>
>>51651562
Can you use sculpt ephemera on ectoplasm to allow wings or a tail?
>>
>>51651568
Only sensible answer I can think of is that material objects are optionally tangible in Twilight. You can choose not to drop through the floor, or you can choose to, depending on whether you want to. It's only those objects which are fully active in your level of Twilight which are entirely tangible.

Otherwise you could defeat an angry Ghost/Spirit by running up to the second floor of a house.
>>
>>51651462
If you're still there, the above discussion on Yantras confused me. Can I only use things as Yantras that I can somehow connect not only to the spell, but also to my Order/Path/Legacy/Merit (like High Speech)?
>>
>>51651592
Ectoplasm is the manifested, materialized form of Ghostly ephemera. It's Ghostbusters slime.
You'll be using Shape Ephemera instead if you want to manipulate twilight ephemera, but yes, you could use that to grant your ephemeral Twilight form wings sufficient to allow you to fly.
>>
>>51651629
But Twilight beings are clearly impaired in many cases by being unable to interact with physical objects. If they could choose to, this wouldn't be an issue.
>>
I can't really understand logic of Practices in 1e and 2e respectively. For example, suppressing your own life signs is Veiling 3 and in others is Veiling 4 in 1e, but both is Veiling 2 in 2e. Can somebody explain it to me, with merits and drawbacks? I need to decide which one to use.
>>
>>51651685
I probably phrased that badly.
Twilight entities can consider physical, material phenomenon to be an optional boundary to their essence.

If a Ghost stands "stands" on a pressure sensitive, no alarms will be triggered. If they "walk" up old stairs, unless that's suitable to their Ban or they use a Numina to be spooky, they don't creak.
Ghost cannot affect the physical world without utilising Influences, Manifestations or Numina, however they can navigate its hazy (from Twilight) objects.

Think gas inside a container.
>>
How is Changeling 2e?
>>
>>51651682
Oh goodie. Since I already imagine the Twilight as an undersea ruin, Ill use that to allow me to swim through it.
>>
>>51651718
Ok, the main thing is that in 2e, the Practices are connected to Arcanum levels. So every conceivable Veiling spell in 2e is requires two dots of the requisite Arcanum, because Veiling is a two-dot Practice. So, both these instances veil something, are therefore Veiling, and therefore two dots.

The same should have been the case in 1e, but was never really done that way.
>>
>>51651718
1e tried to justify the practices, but then added a shitload of caveats, spells which broke the system, and all around power creep, which wasn't improved at all with the Ritual Casting option which meant with enough time, almost any problem was rendered completely irrelevant.

2e rewrote those from the ground up, it removed certain limitations (such as restricting certain forms of "valued" matter, distinctions between forms of life, states of matter, and disallowing usage of certain forms of energy).
So if you learn the Practices in 2e, you can more easily cast spells without having to look at other existing practices (however when you combine multiple arcana, it gets more difficult as a lot of seemingly necessary requirements have been removed).

So to use your example, veiling your life signs is an obvious example of the Practice of Veiling.
Which in 2e, it is. Full stop. 2 dots and you can do it.
Which in 1e, should be 2 dots, but for some reason they increased that to 3 dots.

To be blunt, 2e follows the rules it establishes.
Your only question, is do you have enough Reach to do this the way you need to?
>>
Has anyone made a spellcasting cheat sheet which includes types of casting, possible yantras, reach options, and paradox tables?
>>
>>51651814
Which begs another question: is there any other guidelines for spending Reach to empower spells except those on p. 112 in 2e?
>>
>>51651887
Situational based on the spell.
>>
>>51651649

A Yantra has to be both appropriate to the spell and covered by something giving you the ability to use it as a Yantra. It's why your Dedicated Tool is not always usable for dice bonus, why Legacies and Merits give additional sources of Yantras, etc.
>>
>>51651904
Any guidelines for decides on which situations require more Reach?
>>
>>51651876
The one in the book?
>>
>>51651914
Dedicated Tool is not a universal Yantra?
>>
>>51651887
To use an example of a spell I updated, Corpse Flesh (ignore for the moment the question of whether it should have the Life Arcanum requirement or not, I am firmly in the yes camp).

Corpse Flesh (Death •••, Life •••)
Practice: Weaving
Primary Factor: Duration
Suggested Rote Skills: Athletics, Medicine, Occult
The Mage alters a physical living body, introducing many side effects of physiological Death such as the cessation of breathing and blood flow, without deleterious effects. For the duration of the spell, the subject:
- Does not suffer wound penalties
- Does not need to breathe, eat, sleep, or perform any other physical act required for the proper healthy maintenance of life
- Does not suffer from tilts except those caused by aggravated damage
- Does not need to test to remain conscious if their Health Track is filled with damage
- Does not suffer additional damage from a lack of medical attention if their Health Track is filled with lethal damage
- May reattach severed or damaged limbs or organs with Death or Life Weaving spells
- May be affected by any spell which affects either Living or Dead targets
+1 Reach: Pushing now “dead” muscles well beyond safe operation, the subject increases their Strength by the spell’s Potency. If combined with the Reach option below, divide Potency between the two as you see if.
+1 Reach: Drawing upon the legendary durability of the undead, the subject increases their Stamina by the spell’s Potency.

The basic effects of the spell are everything that seems normal.
A corpse shouldn't suffer pain, shouldn't need to breathe, shouldn't worry about a broken bone, shouldn't fall unconscious from pain, and should limbs be stuck back on, should be easy to re-merge them, as well as being targetable by Death spells.
However the Reach options take the concept, and add a bit more juice. Using Rigor Mortis to pump attributes. Not "normal", but conceivable.
>>
>>51651942
Usually buffs/enchantments being cast reflexively

Certain healinh spells to be lasting

Making some spells affect spellcasting rolls rather than just mundane rolls
>>
>>51651957
This shouldnt require life since all spells at least accomodate your pattern. Thats why you can turn in to a shadow in with Death 4 , without needing life 4
>>
>>51651914
Wonderful, thank you! Looking forward to my physical copy of the book, and I'm really hyped for SoS.

>>51651754
There's some mixed reception going on. Some people like that Kiths and Seemings are decoupled from each other, others don't like that. The Hedge seems to be very much about pain, and it can be interpreted that this may be to the exclusion of everything else. Huntsmen are another subject of arguments, but if I remember correctly, we don't have the full rules on them yet.
If you've got time, you can look at the playtest documents in the OP forums, which cover the most important things.
>>
>>51651987
>Reflexive Buffs
Nope, there's only one, and that's the exceptionally bullshit Exceptional Luck.

>Certain Health Spells to be Lasting
There are no Lasting health spells other than those that heal, and those are automatically lasting. Most other Lasting options turn suppression spells into destruction spells. e.g. Dispel Magic, Memory Removal, etc

>Making some spells affect Spellcasting Rolls
Only with exceedingly bullshit Fate and Time Arcana.
>>
Re the Pure thing above:

My players' pack sat down to a negotiation with a Pure pack in this evening's game, and are seriously considering a temporary pact with them for mutual benefit and defence against a common foe. They're prepared to fight if need be, but would rather not if they can avoid it.

One has killed a Pure earlier in the campaign, and sought advice on how to get redemption or forgiveness for such a sin against the Oath from another of his Tribe; she basically told him that you *don't* get forgiveness; you deal with it and move on and accept that sometimes these things are necessary, but that you shoulder the burden of what you've done.
>>
>>51651112

In World of Darkness, he's alive.

If I recall correctly, he's been encouraging humanity's belief in logic and rationality (rather than faith and spiritiuality), in order to keep starving the six hundred and sixty-six Earthbound (incredibly powerful and malevolent demons that feed on faith and superstition) into torpor and slumber.

He then settled into Los Angeles during the early 1900s and seemed to invest a lot of time in the movie industry, possibly because it served his plans: maybe he thought that by turning myths and old faiths into silly movies and scripts, he could make humans not believe in the old stories any more, and thus starve off the Earthbound even further.

Or maybe he was just bored of the whole "Morningstar, First of the Fallen" gig, who knows.
>>
>>51652109
Won't Fate become much better if you outright forbid it to boost spellcasting rolls?
>>
>>51652109
But regenerating lost limbs is not lasting
>>
>>51652068
That's different, you're ultimately not becoming Shadow, but wrapping yourself in a cowl of it.
If you added Life 4, you'd be a physical body of Shadow that could interact with physical objects.

Which is what my spell does, except as a corpse.
>>
>>51651102

Okay fine, the pure are a hate group as sympathetic as the neo nazis or kkk.

And you said it yourself the whole not killing the pure is a stupid rule. It has outisde of game justification but not a good In game one
>>
>>51637488
I decided to go with a Glass Walker conspiracy blogger/theorist. He will be NOT be /x/ personified though.
>>
>>51652147
No you literally turn into a 2d shadow with death 4 and you can enter the tiniest of openings because you are 2d
>>
>>51652127
If by "better" you mean more balanced, then yes.

>>51652136
That's not healing. That's making a new organ from nothing.
As far as I know, there's only one Making spell with the option to be Lasting.
>>
>>51652171
Even given that, I most strongly object to it not requiring a Life Conjunctional.
>>
>>51652191
I always thought that forbidding magic being able to boost magic is a very good rule.
>>
>>51652191
You arent making from nothing. You are using your own dna and cells to recreate your organs. You know like we can do with stem cells
>>
>>51652221
You're mistaking the concept of "nothing" here.

You are, quite possibly with an Instant Action, creating an entirely new organ in your body completely ignoring the conservation of matter.
When the spell ends, that biomatter can no longer be sustained by your Magic and will be lost.

If you wanted to perhaps cast a Life 4 Patterning spell completely changing the nature of your biology to permit complete regeneration of all lost organs. Then sure, I might let you keep the arm when the spell ends, because the effect of the spell was no creating that arm, but permitting your body to engage in certain regenerating processes.

However in order to do so, you'd have to wait quite a while for it to grow back (think Deadpool), and eat a shitload of biomatter to give it enough fuel so that it's creating the limb based entirely on actual Fallen principles and Matter, and so it won't disappear when the spell ends.
>>
>>51652119

>You should feel bad for killing genocidal crazy cultists because your shitty moon mom said so

And this is why I can't get into Forsaken
>>
>>51634639
Is there a /wodg/ Discord?
>>
>>51652470

Message me

Malfeas#0987
>>
>>51648530
No one is going to pay money for Dickeggs and I SUNK TITANIC and Gamegate Unwashed Fucktard. Go buy it yourself. Even 7chan hasn't released it and they release the most asinine shit.
>>
>>51652440
I feel fairly comfortable pointing out that Pure are not all genocidal crazy cultists, Harmony shifts aren't about feeling bad, and there are all manner of interpretations about the tenet of the Oath in question. It's also worth noting that the Oath of the Moon isn't an arbitrary tablet of laws handed down by Luna based on random whim, but a doctrine of balance based on what things tend to set Uratha out of whack spiritually.
>>
So the other day I asked for help on how to play someone who main focus was guns and hand loading ammo for a vampire the requiem 2nd game. I was able to find a copy of hurt locker but I didn't get anything back from my ST yet. But looking over the chronicles of darkness that seems to be the mortal book I picked up a few merits it. Is resources 4 haven 4(the ST let me get safe for free) firefight 1 and quick draw 1 pretty ok around the start? I'm not looking for anything broken but I want to stay away from "trap" opinions despite playing someone with a skill force with firearms.
>>
>>51652576

Tomato, tomato.

I can't help but see this as a really bad mechanical attempt to dictate player behavior and force PCs to approach the Pure antagonists, or antagonists in general, with something else besides violence, even if there is nothing redeemable or empathetic about them.

You usually try to impress this on PCs by showing nuanced, multi-faceted sides to their 'antagonists', usually by showing that hey they are people too. But the Pure are pretty much monsters by any definite. Ones who regularly want to kill your PCs. You can see how this would be frustrating for them, yes?

Of course I'm sure you'll respond with something dismissive. Other anons will insist I go back to D&D or whatever because i'm not smelling my own farts about how great crudely enforced player behavior via mechanics is.
>>
>>51652623
I haven't played Requiem, but do you really need as much dots in Haven?
I mean, it provides no bonuses at all when outside of it, and how much time are you going to spend in your Safe House overall? And more importantly, how much do you expect to get ambushed there?

I'd invest more Merit points into personal stuff, like stuff that enhances your character themself, rather than their house. Resources 4 is always good though. Money can solve many problems.
>>
>>51652679
If it makes you feel better, I agree with you.
>>
>>51652775

I am down with mechanics that encourage certain behavior from players, don't get me wrong, but I prefer a carrot and stick method. Forsaken seems more about punishing the player a lot of the time for their choices. I don't even like how they accrue Beats most of the time, I'd need to adjust so many things if I ran a game. Its frustrating for me because I want to run a game of it some day soon but I feel like I'd spend more time explaining my house rules to players, even arguing with them, than actually playing the game.

Guess I should stick to WtA.
>>
>>51652576

While one could play dm a "not so bad pure" their 1st rulebook goes great lenghts to portray many of their method that range from manipulation, torture, brainwashing and outright terror tactics that couple with the firetouched excesive bans they tend to follow they make a good case for being crazy cultist/hate group.

>>51652576

Does this means that the whole oath of the moon vs the oath of father wolf from the pure book isnt a thing any more?
>>
>>51652679

I agree the empathetic method work wonder for the technocracy but the devs never want to repeat that for reasons that escape me.
>>
>>51652711
Yeah it seems to just give me bonuses to waking up and other things depending on how the ST feels. The main reason why have it so high is because I don't live alone and I want to keep that person safe because. But I don't know if the ST will keep that in mind
>>
>>51652868

Beats me.

I feel like its okay to have punch-able enemies like the Black Spiral Dancers around, if you also have other antagonists who are more sympathetic and agreeable to add variety.
>>
>>51651947
>Dedicated Tool is not a universal Yantra?

A dedicated tool always provides its Paradox mitigation.

If it also is appropriate to the spell in question, it then provides the appropriate Yantra bonus (assuming you've not already employed your maximum number of Yantras for a spell).

For instance, assume you're an Obrimos and your dedicated tool is a gold wand.

You want to cast Invisibility and you employ your wand. Since the wand, a symbol of rulership and command and control and direction, is not semiotically linked to such a spell, you would not receive any Yantra bonus. Nevertheless, since the wand is a dedicated tool, any Paradox pool the spell incurs would still be reduced by 2.

Alternatively, if you want to cast a fireball at a target, such a spell would be aided by a wand as symbolically it would help aim the energy at the target. Therefore, not only would you get the Paradox mitigation effect, it would also count as a +1 Path Tool Yantra.
>>
>>51652119

Chris, will the Pure and Forsaken now join forces to eradicate those pesky Hunters?

Also, could you give us a hint about the next planned Werewolf book?
>>
Any chance someone could share any of the following:

Tales of the Dark Eras
Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes
Beast Ready Made Characters

Thanks.
>>
>>51652889

I agree i always saw the true complex enemy of WtA as the asshole tribes while the bsd serves as the common enemy that forces you to deal with the asshole tribes. The assholes tribes are the negan and the bsd are the zombies from walking dead.

Requiem could benefit from a punchable disposable enemy instead of fucking owls, sometimes you wanna relax from all the politics and ploting and let the guy who puts all his dots in celerity and vigor to cut loose and have fun.
Thread posts: 432
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.