[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So for tax purposes does a familiar count as a dependent? Also,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1486492798554.jpg (382KB, 752x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486492798554.jpg
382KB, 752x1080px
So for tax purposes does a familiar count as a dependent? Also, if I hire a wizard who has a familiar do I have to include the familiar on the payroll as well?
>>
>>51629486
>dependents
Taxes are by household miss.
>>
>>51629486
What is contract law and sub contracting
>>
>>51629486

Familiars fall under the classification of "Summoned Creatures" and are therefore considered seperate entities as they are not created by or within the wizard by any means (i.e. no blood componenets or aspect of themselves such as their soul was used). Whether they are eligible or entitled to pay is based on their relative level of intelligence
>>
>>51629486
depends on the system
>>
>>51629486
This manga would be better if it were a hentai
>>
>>51629635

I know. In some countries they give Harpies and Goblins rights and citizenship! I'm all for progressivness but sometimes things can be taken too far.
>>
>>51629486
>chubby
https://youtu.be/pLnEZ3g3WR8
>>
Familiars are explicitly not dependents, as stated in the tax code. However, they do qualify as a business expense, so long as you are in at least a semi magical business. This means that you can write off things like food or bedding for live familiars, or even the increased insurance costs for having an elemental familiar!

Furthermore, this means that you are not required to put a familiar on the payroll if you hire a wizard with one, as he is expected to provide for the familiar himself. So, if you hire a wizard with an intelligent and useful familiar, you can functionally get two employees for the cost of one! You don't even have to provide any heal care benefits to it.

Intelligent familiars who work on their own as independent contractors through a wizards guild leasing agency can be a real bonus to a small business.
>>
>>51629662
>>51629667
Please, OP clearly wants to talk about familiars.
>>
File: 1481176754987.jpg (165KB, 900x658px) Image search: [Google]
1481176754987.jpg
165KB, 900x658px
>>51629752

So you're saying as long as I sell some potions and a few talismans I can get classified as a semi magical business? Damn I'll have to rethink my business plan then.

I suppose in that regard what are some good places to get uniforms from? We've recently started to get a few Giant Kin moving into the area since the economic boom and most places around here havn't quit got their stock prepared for people who can grow up to 12 feet tall and over.
>>
OP, the manga is /tg/-related; you don't have to pretend.
>>
>>51629486
A link for the uninitiated
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Elf-san-wa-Yaserarenai/Ch-001--Appointment-001--Forest-Elf?id=340497
>>
>>51630367
many thanks, kind anon.
>>
>>51629898

We'll, the New Revised Imperial Code, c. 1483, section 43(a)16.23 states that in order to get the business break you or your familiar must be engaged in the "production or maintenance" of ", NY sufficiently magical system, device, or object." You'll either have to make part of the goods yourself or do something to keep them in working order. Shouldn't be too hard.

One caveat, a wizard did try to get a tax write off on a Medusa because he hired someone to dust the statues of intruders. The tax magistrate did not agree. Don't try it, they know the Dodge. Of course, it didn't help his case that he was double dipping on deductions by claiming her as a security system.
>>
>>51629486
Depends on the familiar. It can be considered either a pet, which requires nothing, a semi-sentient familiar which is the same as any individual on worker's comp, or fully sentient which requires all the same pay and benefits of an employee.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.