[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /tg/, I'm late to the party. Is Hex: Shards of Fate just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

I've been playing the digital version and the tutorial is just MTG.
>>
Yeah, same shit with a bad interface and some limitations on fun stuff. Also some retarded additions to take advantage of being digital.

I really wanted to like that game but they failed in so many areas.
>>
It's a blatant MtG ripoff to the point they had to settle out of court with WotC.

Apparently it's not a bad game for a MtG ripoff, but I've never been able to forgive them after their bullshit kickstarter campaign. Selling promises of a new, innovative digital card game with entirely new mechanics and systems... And then making a MtG ripoff? It's just fucking pathetic.
>>
>>51629165
>>51629172

What are the differences between eachother?

The tutorial was just an MTG tutorial, down to the mechanics like Lifedrain/Lifetouch and Steadfast/Vigilance.

I heard something about Threshold mechanic or something.
>>
>>51629276

The only real differences I've noticed are some of the digital only mechanics, letting changes to cards last when they're returned to hand or your deck, letting you shuffle cards into your opponents deck or make duplicates of cards etc. Basically nothing Hearthstone and a dozen other digital CCG's haven't already done.
>>
>>51629148
Yes and not a particularily good one.
The best not-Magic game as of today is Epic, it feels like you're playing Magic and is super easy to pick up and learn for anyone who's played Magic. But it's fundamentally different and very fun.
>>
>>51631863

I'd endorse Epic with the caveat that it's casual magic. Epic is amazing for playing a few rounds with your friends, goofy drafts or fun multiplayer formats.

If you want tense, tactical and competitive gameplay, Epic is not for you. The game is designed to hit the ground running with crazy stuff happening on turn one, without much room for buildup or long term planning. It is swingy, kinda imbalanced and on the whole ridiculous. Which is part of why I love it, but also why it wouldn't recommend it for anyone who was more into the competitive side of MtG.
>>
>>51629148
>I've been playing the digital version and the tutorial is just MTG.
MTG with a "fun" single player quest content tacked on. Pic related. Honestly I think it's shit.

Eternal, PTCGO, and X-Mage/Cockatrice/Forge are all better options

Eternal in particular implements the mechanics that can only work in a digital cardgame much better.
>>
>>51634737
>Eternal in particular implements the mechanics that can only work in a digital cardgame much better.

as a Wild/Time player I can confirm this. I fucking love Echo as a mechanic (and also I hate with a burning passion Warcry and Rakano en general, fuck them)
>>
File: Gorgon+Fanatic.png (255KB, 320x510px) Image search: [Google]
Gorgon+Fanatic.png
255KB, 320x510px
>>51634897
I play Purple/Blue. Getting the infiltrate trigger on the same Gorgon to go off 3+ times in one game is too fun.
>>
>>51629148
Dwarfs and Bots Master Race
>>
>>51635368
oh so you are one of those fuckers?!
well played, I need to learn to run a couple of silences on each deck because things like nightmare, any of the champions and other heavy stuff.
>>
>>51634737
>Eternal in particular implements the mechanics that can only work in a digital cardgame much better.

Like what? Sounds fun, I might have to try it since its FTP
>>
>>51635771
>Echo: when you draw this card you create a copy of the same card in your hand.
now buff, add some keywords bounce it constantly to the top of the deck and more likely you will end with a almost eternal supply of minions at your hand.
>Warcry: for every time you attack the top unit of your deck gets +1/+1
nothing impressive here, until you get some buffs on that deck. suddently a 2/1 for 1 becomes a 6/5 for 1 if left unchecked.
>Destiny: cards with destiny are played for free when you draw them, then draw a card
with some previous set up you can almost make a infinite combo and deck out yourself.
>infiltrate: if you can make the unit hit a leader, then trigger the card effect once. it can be reset if unsummon and summoned again.
at least those are some of my favorite keywords on the game
>>
>>51635957
Anything like Myr for it?
>>
>>51636034
which of all the keywords. infect?
>>
>>51635957
I just tried it out, Killer is bae.

My new fav skill.
>>
>>51635771
Counters and enchantments can be placed on cards no matter where they are. They also stay on cards no matter where. If you pump a vanilla 1/1 to 15/15 with flying and first-strike, and then a player kills it, it comes back as a 15/15 with flying and first-strike if you can get it out of the discard pile.

>>51636034
Not quite sure what you mean. There are artifact decks, but all the artifacts are colored. There is also a 5 color tribe called Strangers.
>>
>>51637307
I meant as a weenie-rush kind of deck with optional mana surges.

Lost my first boss battle, had a +1/+1 for all multifactions against my default deck :(
>>
>>51629148

It's MTG with a more reliable resource system.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.