[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever ran a highly lethal, horror dungeon where the focus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Have you ever ran a highly lethal, horror dungeon where the focus is on avoiding its abominably powerful inhabitants and getting away with the treasure?
>>
>>51621752
No but I will be offering something like this later on in a campaign I'm making. Hopefully it works out lol
>>
>>>/tg/osrg/
>>
How would you convince the players not to try fighting the enemies anyway? I don't think it's possible.
>>
>>51621752
No.
Because then I feel like it's just me describing "spooky" shit to my players. If I wanted to do that I'd just go camping and tell a ghost story.
>>
>>51621752
I mostly run 3.5 and my philosophy is that the game at its heart is a combat system and so if you want to play non combat use a different system
>>
>>51621752
No, but I like to make a situation where they can escape easy if they don't charge head on like murderhobo or it will drain their resource fast.
>>
>>51621752
I once made my Rogue Trader crew go through an old Tzeenchian temple, lost in the middle of a jungle.

Crazy traps included teleporting rooms for non-sensical geometry, those triggers where you have to sacrifice your hand to open a door, and the famous sodium statue from grimtooths traps (the techpriest facepalm'd so hard for not even trying to analyse it before another caracter ran in a water pool with it. Shit was glorious).
>>
>>51621752
No because in the systems I play stealth is terrible
>>
>>51621752
All in all op its an idea that just doesn't work in an rpg system. Its neither supported by the mechanics or the style of most rpg games
>>
>>51627560
>Sodium statue
Like, pure sodium? So it ignited?
>>
>>51621752
I sorta did. Ran a horror game in GURPS where the party was investigating a mysterious government camp that sprung up overnight. TL;DR - They found out that it was a quarantine around the only entrance/exit to an underground city in which a plague had spread. The plague spread via eye contact, and after incubating for a day, whoever was infected was filled with the urge to spread it further. Infected guys were mostly normal other than that.

Party decided to make it their goal to GTFO with information regarding what had happened, intending to release it to ensure the government was held accountable for what it did.

None of them made it out alive, but they went in a blaze of glory.
>>
>>51629205
by eye contact do you mean if they look at you, you look at them, make eye contact with each other, or peel your eyelids back and touch eyes physically?
>>
>>51629650
Make eye contact with each other, which also has to be unobstructed. So making eye contact through a window or while wearing goggles wouldn't infect you.
>>
>>51629860
The goggles... do something?
>>
>>51629157
It exploded right in the hands of the archmillitant who took it to the pool. I believe he had to spend quite some time in rehab afterwards, since he used a fate point to miraculously survive the ordeal. The others had to carry his inconscious and half burned body throughout the rest of the temple.
>>
>>51622736
>>51623020
>>51629099
Look at those 3.babbies

>>51622172
this anon knows what's up
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.