[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/, have you ever played a game where the BBEG took a romantic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: hug.gif (117KB, 300x227px) Image search: [Google]
hug.gif
117KB, 300x227px
/tg/, have you ever played a game where the BBEG took a romantic interest in one of the PCs or allied NPCs? Did they reciprocate? Was the BBEG insane/a bunny boiler? Did it turn into magical realm territory?
>>
>BBEG
Not once. It's a single step to reduce any plot to Saturday morning cartoon bullshit.

>spoilered magical realm
Didn't you get cast out of here a few years ago already?
>>
>>51620446
There's nothing wrong with the plot having a villain or being kept simple.
>>
File: 1474983439735.jpg (73KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
1474983439735.jpg
73KB, 620x877px
>>51620395

> the BBEG took a romantic interest in one of the...allied NPCs?

I can't imagine anyone except a particularly intrusive Paladin player getting at all invested in this.

As for PCs, no. Never happened. I've run and played in games where the BBEG had some kind of connection with a PC but I've never tried romance. I find that's usually something best avoided. I don't relish the idea pretending to be my buddy's girlfriend.

I'm gonna be running an AtLA-inspired East Asian fantasy game soon. If one of my players gives me a good enough backstory to work in an banished/exiled plot I might find a way to add in some spurned lover or something.
>>
>>51620395
Had an adult Red dragon take an interest in our sorcerer once.
>>
I've had a couple.

>Reoccurring Orc male Lieutenant of the Dark-BBEG forces.
>Get's ass kicked by party's female Human paladin.
>Falls in love with that ass-whooping.
>Next time the party encounters him, they capture him and, being the murder hobos they are. ask him for "Any Last Words?"
>He confesses his feelings for the "Warrior with ribbons of fire for hair." (Red headed paladin with braids.)
>Paladin blushes
>Opportunist party Ranger agrees to let him live if he works as a spy for the party.

>Orc works as informant for a while.
>Eventually gets found out and captured.
>Paladin gets worried about the lack of messages lately.
>Party goes to find him
>Finds him in prison, tortured, near death.
>Paladin smites chains off him herself, heals him, and carries him to safety.

The Orc then became a tag along NPC after spending many long nights being nursed back to health and read scripture by the Paladin.

We never finished the campaign, but I like to think they settled down and had little fire headed half Orc babies together.
>>
>>51620395
I'd like to see it at some point. The main problem, from a GM point of view, is that it can single someone out to get a majority of the action or interaction with the villain. If used effectively, it certainly doesn't do that, but players are fickle people. If they feel that they aren't getting enough "screen time", or that another player is becoming the main character, they will get upset.

Would I like to see a villain end up having some sort of intimate or personal connection with a character? Yes. It could make it all the more compelling if the player is willing to really run with it and not just leave it as a footnote on their sheet. But practically speaking, it doesn't happen.
>>
>>51620395
I've kind of been planning something like that in the game I'm running. I have a plan for later in the campaign, once the players get a bit more well known, that one of them picks up a Yandere Schoolgirl's attention.

Now, of course, this is a JoJo campaign I'm running, so she's going to be using magic powers to try and yandere the fuck out them. I'm still leaving it up in the air for who she targets though, since I'd like to see how they develop and if the one who's crushing on the police contact decides to step up and ask her out
>>
I made a character who I'm building up to look like the BBEG but isn't really that bad and is someone the party can work with. They know him as his alter ego who's an ally they like and he had a crush on one of the female PCs.

Then she turned out to be a lesbian and get into a relationship with one of the other PCs and kinda broke his heart without noticing it, not sure what's going to happen there yet.
>>
>>51620395

There was one in our campaign. The BBEG, amongst other things, was a spurned suitor of our party's Sorceress. She turned him down a second time with "I'm sorry, but even if you weren't a diabolist, you'd still be a commoner."

Like, he was basically a guy who had ideas above his station, and was willing to cause an apocalyptic war simply to bring about his most childish desires. After that, he lost his shit, but we put him out of his misery shortly afterward.
>>
>>51621776

Daw
>>
>>51626005

Damn, man.
>>
>>51620395
>implying Haruko Haruhara was the villain of the story
Not yet in a game, but it would be pretty to see. Especially if it is done well.

This premise reminds me of Akame Ga Kill actually. I approve.
>>
>>51620395
KotOR 2
>>
>>51630615
>DMMV
The fuck is that even supposed to be?
I was able to correctly guess what BBEG stood for the first time I saw it used in context
>>
File: The Big 'uns.png (737KB, 884x735px) Image search: [Google]
The Big 'uns.png
737KB, 884x735px
>>51620395
She's not exactly BBEG material, and has been more helpful and doting/motherly than anything else, but our party's Warlock has been Snu-snu'd by Manah Razz, a goddamned Gaira Dragon, at least once.

And the Warrior Summoner is in serious lesbians with Ahura Vainya, the C'iel Dragon of Love, Music, Feelings, and Love.
>>
Not a major villain, but my ninja character once spent a few sessions harassing this woman who turned out to be an agent of the main baddie, and upon her defeat, I was able to convince the knights of the town to let me keep her to rehabilitate her.

But GM made her a lesbian so it was for nothing.
>>
>>51636790

>But GM made her a lesbian so it was for nothing.

Probably was a spur of the moment decision to make your character back off so he wouldn't have to RP your girlfriend.
>>
>>51636810
You're probably not wrong.
>>
File: QBvc42O.jpg (66KB, 800x333px) Image search: [Google]
QBvc42O.jpg
66KB, 800x333px
>>51628676
Best girl
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.