[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 40

File: aa.jpg (522KB, 1600x964px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
522KB, 1600x964px
Previous Thread: >>51605528
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/winter-flu-goes-to-the-dogs-edition-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
have you ever used any of the night horror books?
>>
>>51607467
Dark Archon, #9253
>>
>>51614199
>have you ever used any of the night horror books?
The Mage and Changeling ones had easy to drop in NPCs that were rich with material to expand on to make it more unique. There is usually enough for most of them to be able to get enough off book so players can't auto win by reading the Night Horrors supplements.
>>
>>51610069
Is this from one of the 20th anniversary books? If so, it's even more of a reason for me to avoid them.
>>
File: fathers-thrusting-cock.png (656KB, 955x577px) Image search: [Google]
fathers-thrusting-cock.png
656KB, 955x577px
>>51614423
The mage 20th was an extra special disaster mostly because Phil Brucato wrote AND edited the mess of a tome
>WHY DID I PAY $375 FOR THIS UNPLAYABLE GIANT MESS? THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW
its because I'm retarded
>>
>>51614423
That is 100% from M20, trust me, I have the physical copy right next to me.
>>
Is it true that WW has been hiring Troika people, and has the MMO assets? I need those hair and clothing physics in my vidya life.
>>
>>51614561
That's what Dracula said anyway. He is a dirty LARPer though, so he could just be running his mouth.
>>
>>51614498
That's rough buddy. How are you holding up?
>>
File: p8CxN27.jpg (311KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
p8CxN27.jpg
311KB, 1280x720px
>>51614497

Shouldn't they have included a trigger warning for that?
>>
>>51614497
We all had hope Anon. We all got burnt. Phil is the nefaindia we all missed. Who knew that hoping for structured rules, we'd instead get 700 of his fucking blog!?
>>
>>51614423
>Is this from one of the 20th anniversary books? If so, it's even more of a reason for me to avoid them.

Don't hate on V20 and W20; they're actually pretty good, all things considered (though obviously there's flaws with them), and C20 and W20 might end up being just as good.

But M20... I still wake up screaming and crying over the fucking atrocious mess that is M20.
>>
>>51614601
After the doctors pulled out the blub I was able to see it for what it was. My eyes they were blind, or was it merely my own denial? rancid confused rambling thw words of a madman trying to false front facade progressive material to hide his spunk of an excuse of a rules system. I still have the nightmares from time to time. Less when I can shove it into a trunk in the basement
>>
>>51614675
"It's just 700pages Anon why can't everyone just read it?" ~fag who still didn't understand magic and failed his exams a year later
>>
>>51614617

Wr20 should be good when it finally comes out.
>>
>>51614497
>Payin $375 for a book
You always must have known this was a retarded idea.
>>
File: TF2_Group.jpg (140KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
TF2_Group.jpg
140KB, 500x265px
How might they fare as hunters?

Would a band of mercs hunting things like werewolves hiding in gravel mines be an interesting campaign?
>>
>>51614747
That little ball of hope deep down inside from when I had fun playing mage tricked me into believing. Up till then the Onyx Path WoD kick starters hadn't even been total failures (Beast was still a ways off, Not counting Exalted).
Demon was cool and I enjoyed reading Mummy even if I'm not sure how to play it.

>That's what I get for having hope, let this be a lesson to you all. Everything sucks shit forever.
>>
File: 1479361172691.jpg (111KB, 600x701px) Image search: [Google]
1479361172691.jpg
111KB, 600x701px
>>51614743
>Wr20 should be good when it finally comes out.

I sure hope so; I've got pretty high hopes for it, especially since (IIRC) it'll be including some Orpheus bits.
>>
>>51614766
>How might they fare as hunters?
>Would a band of mercs hunting things like werewolves hiding in gravel mines be an interesting campaign?

Depends on what kind of hunters they'd be. WoD hunters? CofD hunters? Regular mortal hunters, and so on.

But if we assume they'll just be "normal" humans with no superpowers or Numina, then I'd say that they could actually do a pretty good job; they synergize well with one another, and they all bring good weapons and talents to the table.
>>
>>51614792
I'm fairly certain there are orpheus bits, I think it came up in a update not that long ago. plus there's that cute 'ear play' orpheus thing. Honestly it looks kinda fun, even if it's a phone 'game', I'll give it a try.
>>
>>51614826
Normal humans is what I'd prefer.
What about statting them up individually?
What kind of stats would, say, the heavy have?
Sorry if this doesn't entirely fit the board, but at least it's not mage or onyx path
>>
>>51614743
>>51614792
I thought the Wraith setting got totally wrecked because of that maelstrom dealy, would they really bring it back?
>>
What are the options for playable robots or similar, aside from Promethean and new Demon?
>>
>>51614991

The X20 books are metaplot agnostic, so the Sixth Great Maelstrom/spirit nuke stuff hasn't happened yet. I think there's going to be a section on how to play a chronicle set after that, but it's not assumed to have happened by default, similar to the Avatar Storm in M20.
>>
>>51615008
Iteration X or the Sons of Ether from OWoD Mage both have constructs and fake people as example PCs. Iteration X also has options for Cyborgs as well.
>>
>>51607467

Malfeas#0987
>>
>>51614790

WoD was great when it was oWoD, good to decent when it was nWoD and absolute fucking shit when it's CoD.
>>
>>51615039

You're a goddamn loon if you think 1e Requiem, Forsaken, and Awakening were better than their 2e books.
>>
>>51615066
Awakening 1e was absolute shit and was still better than its 2e version. At least they cared enough to try to keep the art on point even if it wasn't very good.
>>
>>51615066

1e Awakening is fucking awesome you stupid fuck.
>>
I've never actually played WoD, but I'm curious if anyone has put the effort to translate the fluff from Ascension into CoD stuff. From what I've seen of it it looks more interesting
>>
>>51615111
Ascension is shit though?
>>
>>51614790

It's been iffy (read: infested with SJW-ism and leftist retardedness) since the start of Chronicles.
>>
>>51615111
I played in a LARP that did this once. It was pretty fun. It takes a lot of work to adapt much of anything given that you pretty much have to write Paradigm rules from scratch and NWoDs lack of a Merit and Flaw system.
>>
>>51615141
Oh, also there are more arcana than there are spheres, so you have to decide if you want to combine them back into entropy or split effects between the death and fate arcana.
>>
>>51615089

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>51615165
It's on point, obrimoses are clowns. 2e couldn't even comission enough new art for itself and brought back this stuff which just makes the style clash in the book worse.
>>
How can you make it so your awakened mind and soul is reincarnated to a new person? I like the idea of a kid who isn't even in their teens to have the memories and skills of their previous lives.
>>
>>51615214
Go full Libertine and bodyjack, the idea that souls have a right to the bodies they inhabit is prolife nonsense and a plot of the exarchs
>>
File: qt thyrsus.png (329KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
qt thyrsus.png
329KB, 680x660px
>>
At what point does a fetus gets its soul so you can supplant yours before the "natural" soul manifests?
>>
>>51615214
One of the things a lot of mage fans and players get stuck about is that everything has to be or lead back to the supernal. DaveB has said that most things aren't and don't, so feel free to use any of the myriad of strange bullshit and one-off weirdness that inhabits the world of darkness to explain it. Make it a Mystery all on it's own. The mage in question doesn't even have to know or understand how they even did it.
>>
>>51615378
>DaveB has said that most things aren't and don't,
I mean besides everything having themes from it, but that's like saying everything leads back to chemistry in the biological kingdom. Accurate but not actually useful save for specific questions.
>>
File: Phil Brucato.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Phil Brucato.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
I FUCKING LOVE PHIL BRUCATO
>>
>>51615443
where would we be without this culinary genius and his sidebars
>>
>>51614199

I more or less centered my old Mage campaign around a single Night Horrors: The Unbidden entry.
>>
>>51615451
Probably with a better M20.
>>
>>51615443
I know this is bait yet it still fills me with rage.
>Charges $375 for a book with no rules
>Still can't figure out how to pay rent
I'll take the small victories
>>
>>51615465
Sounds like someone ignored the sidebar and chaos magickkkked himself into being a nephandi!
>>
So what's everyone excited for in the Dark Eras Companion?

I think this guy is the new (old) Lineage we're getting in the Black Death chapter.
>>
>>51615499
why did they trace his head
>>
Shit, I just realized virtues in VtM became stealth alignments.
If you have Conscience or Conviction, you're Good or Evil respectively.
If you have Self-Control or Instinct, you're Lawful or Chaotic.
I guess Neutral is just being low in any of those virtues.
>>
>>51615066
I think 1e Requiem was better than 2e, but that's because I appreciated the massive power downgrade they got compared to VtM.

VtR vampires might actually be TOUGHER than oWoD vampires.
>>
>>51615580
That's the problem I have with it too. I'm fine with most of the upgraded disciplines, but vampires reducing all damage to bashing is a bit too much, especially with how defense was improved in 2e.
>>
>>51615618
They also reduce all non-Bane (or possibly just non-supernatural) Agg damage.

All you need to do Agg to an oWoD Vampire is apply electricity (or fire). Hell, tasers might even work.
>>
>>51615499
no one cares about promethean
>>
>>51615704

But it's one of the best gamelines!
>>
>>51615551
The members of the Triat (Weaver, Wyrm, Wyld) match OD&D and B/X alignments (Law, Neutrality, Chaos). Werewolves are also Chaotic in D&D.
>>
>>51615580
Ech people still like to put vamps at the bottom of the various lists so even if not neceserily true there is perception of them being one of the weaker splats
>>
>>51615704
>I don't like this gameline, therefor no one likes it.

Hmmmm....
>>
>>51615653
At least in V20, electrical damage is lethal to vampires. It's Agg if they botch a Soak roll, but otherwise no.
>>
>>51615834
>therefor
It's therefore.
>>
File: o3dqflE9rK1te8d4e_540.png (209KB, 540x408px) Image search: [Google]
o3dqflE9rK1te8d4e_540.png
209KB, 540x408px
>>51614897
>What kind of stats would, say, the heavy have?

Alright, I'll be using 7/5/3 attributes, since those are what's recommended for "expert" characters, which is what I would classify TF2 mercs as. This also means he has 21 freebie points, as according to Hunters Hunted II for making regular mortal hunters.

It's largely based on what we've seen of Heavy's character through the movies, comics and the game.

+++++ ATTRIBUTES +++++
--- PHYSICAL (7)
Strength: 5 (4 + 1 through freebie points)
Stamina: 5 (4 + 1 through freebie points)
Dexterity: 2

--- MENTAL (5)
Perception: 3
Intelligence: 2
Wits: 3

--- SOCIAL (3)
Charisma: 2
Manipulation: 2
Appearance: 2

+++++ ABILITIES +++++
--- TALENTS (9)
Alertness: 1
Awareness: 2
Brawl: 4 (3 + 1 through freebie points)
Intimidation: 3

--- SKILLS (13):
Animal Ken: 3
Drive: 2
Firearms: 4 (3 +1 through freebie points)
Melee: 3
Survival: 2

--- KNOWLEDGES (5)
Academics: 2
Finance: 2
Investigation: 1

+++++ BACKGROUNDS +++++
Allies: 1
Armory: 1
Base of Operations: 1
Resources: 2

+++++ VIRTUES +++++
Conscience: 2
Self-control: 3
Courage: 5

Which gives us:

Humanity: 5
Willpower: 5

+++++ MERITS +++++
Bruiser (1)
Huge Size (4)
Introspection (1)
Language (1, English, as his native language is Russian)

...And that's all I can be bothered to write down. While his Base + Armory backgrounds are low, remember that he can pool it with all the rest of his team, resulting in a Base/Armory of 9 dots, fitting for the TF2 team.
>>
File: pootis.jpg (43KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
pootis.jpg
43KB, 900x900px
>>51615907

I like dis
>>
>>51615834
He's right though.

If it ain't Vampire, Mage, sometimes Werewolf and now recently Changeling nobody gives a shit
>>
Are Catiff sterile, or can they sire, and if so, is the childe also Caitiff or does it inherit its grandsire's clan?
>>
File: Poot Poot.jpg (43KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Poot Poot.jpg
43KB, 900x900px
>>51615907
>As promised
>Heavy will now lay egg
>In your mouth
>>
>>51615955
Hunter is pretty popular as well.
>>
>>51615975
Most can sire, provided they aren't thin-blooded, which causes some embraces to fail irrc, or have the sterile Flaw. The childe will be a Caitiff as well.
>>
I like to imagine, in my heart of hearts, that 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' takes place in the WoD universe.
>>
>>51616038
>Mac Goes Infernalist
>Charlie Does Diablerie
>the Gang Awaken a Methuselah
>>
>>51616038

Are you serious?
>>
>>51615975
>Are Catiff sterile, or can they sire, and if so, is the childe also Caitiff or does it inherit its grandsire's clan?

As anon pointed out, nothing stops them from embracing others, and the childe will be a "caitiff" just like its sire.

Of course, caitiff are usually high-generation to begin with (13th-15th gen, or up to 16th gen if you're going with Beckett's Jyhad Diary rules), so not all embraces are going to work.
>>
>>51616108
The long running joke between me and a close friend is that Charlie is acutally a promethean, it would explain his high durablity, complete stragness and... well, eating all those things he REALLY shouldn't be eating.
>>
>>51616108
Nothing so overt. The world they present is cynical, dark, and shitty. Philadelphia is also a shithole of urban decay. It just makes sense.

Though, in my shitty headcanon, I have an idea for an episode: the gang meets a vampire and it subverts their bar into its web of contacts, probably as a feeding area. One or more ends up trying vampire blood and equates it to an amazingly good high. So they start in-fighting, as they usually do, over who gets to be ghouled, trying to please the vampire while inadvertently causing several masquerade breaches which get the vampire into a bunch of shit. The episode ends when they accidentally torch the vampire's haven and kill him; they watch it burn while the outro plays.
>>
>>51614497
>The mage 20th was an extra special disaster mostly because Phil Brucato wrote AND edited the mess of a tome

Leaving aside all the inane rambling sidebars, is it actually possible to have an enjoyable M20 game? This isn't whether it is a example of good rpg writing (trust me, I know it's not from reading the darn thing), but can something functional be salvaged from it?

My best friend is a massive mage fan and foolishly bought into the M20 hype, since he has been meaning to run mage for a while now. We are all sensible adults, most of the group has played various editions of mage before and we don't care about Brucato's navel-gazing as long as we can pretend to be wizards.

Or to put it another way; what do I have to do to ensure my friend's M20 game goes smoothly?
>>
>>51616038
Nightcrawlers: the Bashing
>>
>>51616279
Fuck it I'd play that game.
>>
Can life magic grow or shrink somebody or only change their size within biologic range.
>>
>>51616342
>Is it actually possible to have an enjoyable M20 game?

Who plays Ascension without house-ruling it first? You can at least play Awakening RAW.
>>
>>51616407
I'm pretty sure you can go full GiANT Man if you wanted by fucking around with spell factors if you wanted.
>>
>>51616342
Pretty much this
>>51616427

Pick an older version of the core and use those rules is my plan, the charts were probably copy and pasted from one of those books anyway.
>>
>>51616465

I tend to mix the editions (Revised had better capability descriptions by far) and allow the optional Arete + Highest Sphere rule. Magick is far too difficult to get off until you can start holding spells.
>>
File: The_Heavy_poker.jpg (89KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
The_Heavy_poker.jpg
89KB, 800x450px
>>51615907
Byotiful.
Which splat is this using?
I want to use it for the demo next.
I don't even play or have a game running, TF2 vs WoD just sounded fun
Also, shouldn't he be a good gambler?
>>
>>51616515
I sometimes wonder what supernatural each TF2 merc would be.
>>
>WTF
Werewolves and the ocean. the ocean cover more than 70% of the earth. How do you police the shadow with that much coverage? there isn't enough boat coverage without a dedicated naval force. how do a bunch of kids hope to even tackle something like that? Does cuthlu exist but like to hide in the hard to monitor oceans?
>>
>download for awakening 1e not working

Who broke it?
>>
>>51616554
Sniper and Demo I like as hunters.
Spy is probably vampire.
I could see heavy as a werewolf.
Not sure about scout, he's fast, maybe changeling?
medic and engie mages?[/spoiler

Pyro as Mummy?
>>
>>51616514
>holding spells

Might be a little bit overpowered/unbalanced if you allow that. Charms at least. Turning a Mage into a D&D wizard is just going to make them unstoppable in white-room scenarios.
>>
>>51616613
M20
>>
>>51616628
I imagine the Medic as an Ordo Dracul Vampire.
Engineer seems very Free Council Moros.
>>
>>51616629
Mages has always worked with an assumed time crunch. And opportunity costs
>>
>>51616689
worked best*
>>
>>51616628
All of them are hunters.
>>
>>51616689
Yes, but when you can make a bucket load of pre-rolled spells of whatever-you-desire, they will start annihilating every night-folk they encounter.

Ascension is more prep heavy than Awakening, but the rules can be gimped far further.
>>
>>51616742
just start enforcing the increasing spell diff and throwing problems from all sides. and make them roll every single one. Every session, and force them to put points into duration hang. Basically start enforcing the rules, and you'll find mages are not all that OP. they'll either get bored moan and bitch, or pay out the nose for quient, or they'll botch.

You know what's in my fuck stupid mage's kit?
A good hearted secretary with a massive mind shield Mind1
A locked door Matter2
and a reality enforcing field Prime2

Hang spells are time4, so yeah if they're that high up there they SHOULD be tackling harder and harder reality breaking, otherwise you're just being a mat.
>>
File: 1455060840534.png (329KB, 418x404px) Image search: [Google]
1455060840534.png
329KB, 418x404px
>>51615551
>Conviction is evil
>>
>>51616945
problem being the rules are SO horribly written and entirely vague, rulers lawering munkins go to town with it.
>>
>>51616945
Enforcing the rules isn't going to do anything RAW, which is my entire point. I'm going to have to house rule it all.

Time isn't the only Sphere you can use to hold spells, Prime is arguably better. Space can give you automatic contingencies.
>>
File: F0ykN5e.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
F0ykN5e.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>51616515
>Which splat is this using?

Hunters Hunted II (which ties into Vampire the Masquerade). As noted up above, he has 7/5/3 attributes rather than the standard 6/4/3, on account of him being a highly experienced mercenary, rather than a fresh-faced college graduate and whatnot.

In fact, I'd give 7/5/3 to all the TF2 team, since they're all skilled and talented veterans at what they do.

>>51616515
>Also, shouldn't he be a good gambler?

He's a gambler, yes, but there's not really much to indicate that he's a particularly *skilled* gambler, which is why I left it out.

Still, I suppose you could take away a dot in, like, Drive or something, and replace it with "Professional Skill: Gambling" if you want. It's all up to you.
>>
>>51615551
Conviction vampires are not really evil at all. It's just that in masquerade the 90% of vampires not using Humanity are Sabatt freaks or something worse.

In Dark Age (or with Masquerade NPCs that could've player Dark Ages) it becomes clear that only Instinctfags are unbearable little shits.
>>
>Obtenebration is more than mere shadow-play. It is a window to the Abyss itself, that great and terrible unknown that lies at the center of all things
Friendly reminder that Obtenebration is not a real Discipline. Obtenebrationfags get out.
>>
>>51616996

This is exactly why oWoD Mage supremacy even exists. Magefags munchkining the Archspheres in the previous threads is just a perfect example of this. They can work around so many of their limitations by RAW.

The rules are so fucked when you can blow up the universe by chewing fucking BUBBLEGUM.
>>
>>51617282
LAsombra are some scary fags, lemmie tell you, I love'em for it. But fuck, you go to deep into obtenebration and you're going way past what humans or kindred should, I'm amazed that the sabbats anti-infernal tendencies doesn't see how fucked the abyss is.
>>
>>51617282
Show me in the doll where the black tentacles touched you, anon.

psssh... Morte Ascendo... kid...
>>
File: 36936424iw4212sdc.png (417KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
36936424iw4212sdc.png
417KB, 900x506px
>>51616715

I gotta agree. The TF2 crew would be perfect hunters; a legendary (if crazy) crew of misfits, known to take on any kind of job hunting monsters (so long as the pay is adequate for the job in question).

Vampires, werewolves, ghosts, zombies, mages... They'll take 'em all on.

For implementation into a story they could even be encountered in groups of three, rather than over-saturating the scene with all nine of them at the same time... Or one at a time as well, obviously.
>>
>>51617282
Some VtM disciplines are completely dumb. Not that the special snowflake bloodline disciplines in VtM aren't, but nobody plays them anyway.
>>
File: Merasmus the Amazing.jpg (36KB, 542x432px) Image search: [Google]
Merasmus the Amazing.jpg
36KB, 542x432px
>>51617392

They already take on a certain Mage every Halloween.
>>
>>51617282
>implying Obtenebration isn't actually the Lasombra controlling their very soul as a corrupted weapon
>>
>>51617282
Interdimensional portages seems like a pretty cool discipline.
>>
>>51617137
>Space can give you automatic contingencies
Entropy also still need duration

Not that rules tell you that
>>
>>51617561
>Entropy also

Not only that, but Spirit as well depending on various things. oWoD Mages have a lot more ways to hold spells compared to Awakening, of which the Time Aracnum is the only way of doing so
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12287228
>>
>>51617331

I find it poetic that the Lasombra lead them.
>>
File: Wizards Never Die.gif (175KB, 380x474px) Image search: [Google]
Wizards Never Die.gif
175KB, 380x474px
>>51617624
Fucking haters be jealous of our wizardry
>>
>>51617605
charms are still a thing. Also you can hold spells around yourself. Ctrl F spell control in the 2ed doc.

There's even a sleepwalker merit that lets a character hold a spell for you. nwod pull down the power but they also made every thing more versatile
>>
>>51617624
Mages are cool, what's shit is this mage supremacy meme. And even that was fun before it went out of hands.
>>
>>51617729
Can we all argee that M20 was a confused mess that was suppose to smooth over a lot of mechanical problems but turned into a vanity project cash grab, with a facade of progressiveness?
>>
>>51617695
>Charms are still a thing
Not in the same way as you'd think. You're probably thinking of Imbued Items.

oWoD Mage is a much more versatile package in the pre-rolling category. Holding spells is just easier for them, with so much more options compared to Awakening.

nWoD have a far easier time of fast casting without the need to prepare.
>>
>http://flixreel.club/episodes/hate-thy-neighbor-1x2-hunting-the-white-devil/

So what would you guys make these guys, or any racist/supremacy, as? Would a mystery cult be to much, you know giving them powers and taking away from the theme of "Humans don't need powers to be bastards"? Or would they fall under the religious seer's wheelhouse?
>>
File: 1479361151321.jpg (148KB, 900x1335px) Image search: [Google]
1479361151321.jpg
148KB, 900x1335px
Okay guys, question:

The player in "Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines", the one usually just called "Fledgling", you know the one. Here's the question:

Which clan do you think (s)he'd most likely have to be, in order to have survived the hellscape that is Los Angeles at that time? Doesn't matter which ending you pick(ed).

My money's on Gangrel, because there's just too many combat-situations that the Fledgling has to go through where Fortitude and Feral Claws wouldn't even the odds out immensely.

Probably also has a "Survivor" personality, since it'd fit the story and would mean (s)he'd end up regaining willpower at just about every single time (s)he went outside of their apartment.

>No matter what happens, no matter the odds or opposition, the Survivor always manages to pull through.
>Regain one point of Willpower whenever you survive a threatening situation through tenacity, or when your counsel causes someone else to persist in spite of opposition.
>>
Anyone have good WtA or WtF art? Doesn't have to be official. I am trying to stockpile references for a game I am going to run for a bunch of newbies.
>>
>>51617805

I got plenty of the official art, if you want it.
>>
>>51617803

Yeah I would agree with that or Brujah maybe. Ventrue as a distant third?

Tremere walks all over that game but the lack of chantry support and having to solo most things makes me write it off.
>>
>>51617839

Don't you dare post your fucking furry porn on here, you horrid furry whore.
>>
>>51617839

Sure, I am down. imgur?
>>
>>51617866
>Sure, I am down. imgur?

Aye, I'll get to work on it now.
>>
>>51617866
>>51617885

Oh, quick question: Only werewolf art, or do you want the other changing breeds as well?
>>
>>51617781
Charms= a thing that holds a spell
Imbued items = a thing that holds a spell
they're the same thing

also which spheres do you need to be a necromancer or just to fuck with vampires? is it life or matter? what about entropy, the decay sphere, should throw that in as well.

Which Arcane do you need for necromancing? Death. it cleans up everything.

How do I create objects with spheres? Prime + matter. Which Arcane do I need to create objects? Matter. Ditto for all other Arcane/sphere comparisons.

in owod you HAD to have a spread of everything. in nwod you can solo one arcane and be ok. more diverse arcane just means you can control more purview. concentrating on one makes you a monster in one area. It's the specialist or the jack of all trades argument. owod punished you more, while nwod validates both sides of the argument
>>
Get ready. Incoming werefag artwork.
>>
>>51617908

Other changing breeds would be appreciated, I wanted to at least have a Corax and Bastet show up once or twice to feed (mis)information to the PCs
>>
>>51617779
I simply didn't read it sorry. From the 20th anniversary I've only being playing a bit of werewolf and specially vampire since those are the ones that people wants to play.
>>
How many Kindred actually have combat-related skills before being Embraced?
>>
>>51617929
I want were bears.
>>
>>51617925
I don't think you are experienced enough with oWoD to keep this conversation going. I'm just going to drop this and move on.
>>
>>51617624
Consensus has been reached.
>>
>>51617954
Former soldiers, cops, and professionals mostly. I think you can find their ilk in most clans and covenants honestly. And it has been noted some people get a crash course in fighting after being Embraced since old fashioned sires find their modern lack of combat training offensively dangerous.
>>
>>51617392
>>51617428
Hunter campaign with the TF2 cast hunting Merasmus, trying to stop him from obtaining the Bombonomicon and blowing up the American west.
I have almost no GM experience, but if I weren't running something else I would do this.
>>
>>51617803
On pure survival Gangrel is where it's at. but you can make it with some of the others. you just got to be more careful. It's really about knowing which ones are your survival disciplines. Fort, Celerity, Obfuscate, and to an extent actually Auspex
>>
>>51617930
>Other changing breeds would be appreciated, I wanted to at least have a Corax and Bastet show up once or twice to feed (mis)information to the PCs

Here y'go, anon.

http://imgur.com/a/vPtVO
>>
>>51617925

They're hardly the same thing when mechanics are involved. Wonders vary greatly.

The Spheres are inconsistent and give you way more leeway when compared to the actually defined Arcana.

I can agree on the silliness of the Entropy Sphere and the Death Arcanum.
>>
>>51617974
so you concede defeat with no rebuttal awesome
>>
>>51617954
Considering Vampires are usually produced deliberately? It depends on how many Vampires need childer with combat skills.
>>
>>51618004

Merasmus is obviously of the Moros Path.
>>
>>51618042
I guess that makes me the mature one here?
>>
>>51617954

In the Modern era?

Depends on the childe in question (obviously)... But street-side thugs and criminals, wilderness survivalists, hunters, cops, soldiers, or anyone who's ever taken some classes in self-defense, honestly.
>>
>>51617803
>>51617854

I strongly agree that the "canon clan" would probably be Gangrel or, at some distance in probability, Brujah. I think Gangrel is way more possible since I would expect the anarchs to be even more mad at your sire's execution (I know that not all brujah are anarchs, but in Bloodlines it looks like de facto this is the case).

Aren't also both these clans well known for embracing without permision and creating Caitiff (which your character technically is, specially if he's Gangrel which means that you got no mentor figure at all).

I would also put Malk in the options if it wasn't because it kinda changes the whole game, like the Tremere.
>>
>>51617954
If I was a wannabe sire and I got two similar candidates, I would pick the one better prepared to defend himself. No matter the clan.
>>
>>51618075
There are no winners here, so you get your ass back down into the mud with the rest of us.

Flee. Run while you still can
>>
>>51618033
>Spheres are inconsistent
so inconsistent rules are good? that's not a defensible argument.

Can I directly shape or influence with space/correspondence? Time? Entropy? Prime?

The magic give you tools, but when you don't have the right tool, you got to make a work around. The Spheres are consistent to a degree.
>>
>>51618132
Yes. Stick to the mud, you non-magefags.

You were meant to be ruled over by our mighty and superior mechanics.
>>
>>51618075
nah it proves A) you don't care to put in the time to refute me or B) there is nothing to refute

So B it is
>>
>>51618163

I don't even know what you're arguing about anymore.

I will await for an actual coherent response.
>>
>>51618200
>Gets pissed despite taking the edge

We got an angry frog, boys.
>>
>>51618200
>there is nothing to refute

Oh look, someone who can't handle an opinion differing from his own. Let's all pity the little loser, shall we?

Grow up.
>>
>>51618021

Thanks! That covers all the good W20 stuff. I am having trouble finding the Revised artwork anywhere though.

Makes me wonder how One WoD will look. Hopefully they keep them looking like huge murdermachines.
>>
Is it common for Magefags to pick fights with one another when they have no one else to attack?
>>
>>51618244
>>51618264
samefagging
>>
>>51618297

Like rabid dogs, yes. Werefags at least treat their own like misguided kin that they stick together with for the greater good of their group.
>>
>>51618322

Magefags are really fucking paranoid aren't they
>>
File: VtR 2e - nuWoD.png (41KB, 418x192px) Image search: [Google]
VtR 2e - nuWoD.png
41KB, 418x192px
>>51617803
>Survivor is "Whether alone or with a group, the Survivor's utter refusal to accept defeat often makes the difference between success and failure. Survivors are frustrated by others' acceptance of "what fate has in store" or willingness to withstand less than what they can achieve." in WoD
>read pic related
What the fuck happened?

>Which clan do you think (s)he'd most likely have to be, in order to have survived the hellscape that is Los Angeles at that time?
Never really bothered thinking about "most likely to have survived" since you can finish with whatever. Besides, having awful chances, being out of your depth, and coming out of it bloodied, bruised, and exhausted is part of the appeal. Immediately gaining handy direct combat Disciplines (Brujah/Gangrel) to tear shit up kinda takes away from that for me.
>>
>>51618354
>Magefags are really fucking paranoid aren't they

When you have ultimate powers, someone's always trying to take it from you.

Paranoia is inherent in the mage condition.
>>
>>51618395

I find it amazing how an in-game theme can actually influence the players. I swear we would all be doomed if they suddenly became real life wizards.
>>
>>51618294
>I am having trouble finding the Revised artwork anywhere though.

Not as easy to find, no...

But try this one:

https://no.pinterest.com/hbiancardi/lobisomens/

Some of the Revised pics are there; the cleanest versions I could find.
>>
>>51618354
>>51618395
Mage society and etiquette is literally built to stop the lot of us from nuking each other into oblivion.
>>
>>51618395
Spoiler
You idiots aren't actually mages
>>
>>51618533
Yeah and otherkin ain't dragons, wolves an foxes, that don't fuckin' stop them from thinkin' that.
>>
File: 1480468907040.gif (729KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480468907040.gif
729KB, 267x200px
>>51618549
>actually comparing yourselves to otherkin and using them to justify yourself
wew
>>
>>51618582
Whooooa there friend, I was insulting them, I ain't no magefag.
>>
>>51618294

Oh, and there are also some Revised pics here: not great quality, but meh, we take what we can get.

http://imgur.com/a/RmEUJ

Tried to post the direct link, but the 4chan system thought it was spam, so I just shortened the URL and posted it on imgur.
>>
>>51618333
Or to put it another way werefags behave just like furries.
>>
>>51618709
>I ain't no magefag

There's a bit of magefaggery in all of us. Don't deny it.
>>
>>51618386
Survivor got lame
>>
>>51618823
I mean I'm a fag and I enjoy mage in the sense of I like doing dumb magic like make a sword I can play like a guitar with matter 3...
>>
>>51618533
Bullshit
>>
>>51618793
There is literally nothing wrong with like werewolf
>>
>>51618896
Disgusting werefags. GET OUT.
>>
>>51618920
no
>>
File: infinte pain.gif (685KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
infinte pain.gif
685KB, 500x500px
>>51618533
>he's a sleeper
>he doesn't know that WoD & CofD are a Ventrue psyop to keep mortals in the dark

I keked
>>
>>51618896
Stop fucking animals. Wan wan awoo is not consent
>>
File: 46725785345.jpg (1MB, 2504x2476px) Image search: [Google]
46725785345.jpg
1MB, 2504x2476px
Why do Magefags hate Werefags so much?
>>
>>51618944
Literally no one likes werefags except other werefags and even then that's a stretch
>>
>>51618944
Literally no one likes magefags except other magefags and even then that's a stretch
>>
>>51618960
I'm a vamp and werefags are better than mageshitposters.
>>
>tfw I like werewolf, vampire, mage and demon
>>
>>51618998
Spay and neuter the gangrel, clan war now
>>
>>51619001
That's fine man, you can like any game you want... As long as it isn't beast.
>>
>>51618998
>vampfag

Oh shut your whore mouth. Vampfags are literally the worst thing to ever happen on /tg/
>>
Beastfag here. What's going on?
>>
>>51619017
I prefer Setite or Tzimisce but my transformation power fantasy has nothing to do with sex and I actually find it kinda annoying that people ruin it with lewds
>>
>>51619040
Not only there's literally nothing wrong with Vampire, but it being the worst thing to ever happen on /tg/ is physically impossible and you know it.
>>
>>51619066

Don't lie to yourself, Anon. You wish you had a vagina.
>>
>>51619066
Nothing whatsoever? Come on.
>>
File: 1479361172698.jpg (102KB, 399x538px) Image search: [Google]
1479361172698.jpg
102KB, 399x538px
>>51619059
>Beastfag here. What's going on?

pic related

But seriously, magefags pretending to be werefags that are pretending to hate on vampfags who are pretending to hate magefags.

THIS FAGGOTRAIN HAS NO BRAKES
>>
>>51619092

It most certainly isn't impossible. You vampfags need to learn your goddamned place. You were meant to serve Mages, not defy them.
>>
>>51619118
>magefags pretending to be werefags that are pretending to hate on vampfags who are pretending to hate magefags.
I bet the Changelings did this
>>
File: 1486447233777.png (509KB, 821x559px) Image search: [Google]
1486447233777.png
509KB, 821x559px
>>51619118
>pretending to be werefags that are pretending to hate on vampfags
I must have missed this step
>>
>>51619133
Changelings can't do anything. They just take it up the butt.
>>
>>51619176
I just knew a Promethean would say something like that
>>
>>51619136
Don't trust the fucking Beast anon, he's trying to divide us.
>>
>>51619194
DEMONU PIGGU GO HOME
>>
>>51618826

RUN TO YOUR SAFE SPACE AWAY FTOM THESE CIS BULLIES

NOW POST IN YOUR HUG BOX AND GAIN A WILLPOWER
>>
Can we all just agree that Mage is the best thing ever?
>>
>>51619323
Weird way to write Hunter.
>>
>>51619323

But that's wrong
>>
>>51619323
I much prefer Changeling.
>>
>>51619066
Vastly prefer the Setite ability to transform into a storm than any shenanigans that Vicissitude might pull off
>>
>>51619104
If Anon wished that, he would play Werewolf: The Forsaken, so that he could experience magical menses and pregnancies as a man
>>
>>51619288
All survivors now have a tumblr
>>
>>51619411

That is just so fucking wrong
>>
File: some senator.jpg (72KB, 892x896px) Image search: [Google]
some senator.jpg
72KB, 892x896px
>>51619323
Through thick and thin I'm still a vampfag
>>
File: Untitled.png (249KB, 658x860px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
249KB, 658x860px
>>51619411
I'd post the next page as well, but fuck I don't care, it just lists the 2nd and 3rd trimester
>>
>>51619395

I would rather a vagina than a storm
>>
>>51619463

How the fuck does a man get pregnant though? They don't have the fundamental organs to pull that off. Dumbass fucking writers.
>>
>>51619395
Yeah but you need Serpentis fucking 7 for that. Vicissitude is a fun train with no brakes from 3 on.
>>
>>51619503
A Mage can turn themselves into a storm at 5 dots.
>>
>>51619495
Spiritual pregancy, that or they where using the wolf gift that lets them change gender/sex and then shifted back to male... which resulted in weird bullshit. I dunno man, I think I saw something about it being written by.... Mcfarlands wife? Whose really into pregancy or someshit.
>>
>>51617959
will settle for bare weres
>>
>>51619538

I hear weres have small penises
>>
>>51619463
>Doesn't wish to tell that story
Good thing Dracula sounds like he wants to leave all the rape in OWoD because that's a boring reason to not have a character get pregnant.
>>
So, I heard you like Legacies.
Here's a compiled version of all the Legacies I've updated to 2e in the last few threads, with a few mistakes people have noted changed.
It includes The House of Ariadne, Reality Stalkers, Timori, Bene Ashmedai, Celestial Masters, Sphinxes, Daksha, and the Orphans of Proteus.

On the topic of the Orphans (man that's weird to say):
Pity that given 2e rules all the actual Shapechanging has to go at the 4-5 dot mark. However on the upside that only requires 4-5 Gnosis now, as opposed to 5 and 7.
Also I added a few more optional Arcana ability based on a secondary of Matter, and removed the utterly retarded "turn into a rock to speak to Rock Spirits" thing, as you could already fucking do that with Spirit 2, which a proficient Thyrsus will easily access.
>>
>>51619463
>Gender is fluid

Into the dustbin
>>
>>51619523

WELL WHY DON'T YOU JUST MARRY MAGE THEN IF THEY'RE SO AMAZING

GAWD
>>
>>51619657
>By some fucking Anon

I thank you, fucking Anon
>>
>>51619663
WELL MAYBE I WILL THEN YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD
>>
>>51619659
It's technically fluid if you have a certain gift and belong to a less than 1% of the world population that happen to turn into fucking murder machines. Just fucking ignore it like we all ignore most of WoD book contents.
>>
>>51619657
Also I just realised, with the third Attainment, an Orphan of Proteus can go full "Pied Piper". Walking all of the rats, or children, out of a town.

Without Quiescence, Paradox, or Dissonace.
But with a very, VERY angry letter from the Guardians of the Veil.
Tied to a brick.
And thrown at his head.
>>
>>51619657

Am I allowed to suck your penis for doing this?
>>
>>51619463
sidebars were a mistake
>>
>>51619537
>Mcfarlands wife?
Oh god, he's married? Not really so shocking he's married to an mpreg fetishist though.
>>
>>51619805
I won't fucking argue with that my man, I'd prefer them if they kept to intresting facts, little extensions on whats said or... Anything not political?
>>
>>51619805
Demon more or less had free form gender fluidity as the default. That didn't have any dumb side bars. Why do they do this to us?
>>
>>51619843
They talk about fluid gender pregnacy in the book, you know, all about demonic children so I give it a huge pass on that. Partly because of how demon bodies work too, that shit is weird.

>>51619823
I think it's his wife, it's either his wife or Hill Jr.'s wife, I can't remember really.
>>
>>51619899
>it's either his wife or Hill Jr.'s wife
Yeesh, she didn't get a prize catch either way
>>
>>51619657
I really like the fifth Attainment for the Reality Stalkers
>>
>>51619899
>fluid gender pregnacy in the book, you know, all about demonic children
Which IIRC was free of preachy sidebars
>>
File: Rebecca Nil.png (280KB, 644x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Rebecca Nil.png
280KB, 644x1186px
Just got to say, I adore a lot of 1e's art.
Some Mages are just so cute.
>>
>>51619922
As far as I remeber, yeah, it was more intrested in the kids and the relationships they can have with their parents. AKA this good ol qoute:
"A demon has no better opportunity for honesty than with a Fractal child, and because children take their parents as the norm, being honest with a Fractal is rarely met with judgment. A Fractal child isn’t afraid of her father’s red skin and metal eyes. A Fractal child doesn’t care how many scales made out of pennies her mother has instead of hair. That’s just mom and dad, and they are, to the Fractal, perfect."
>>
>>51619931

Are you the qt thyrsus poster?
>>
File: Thais.png (246KB, 478x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Thais.png
246KB, 478x1186px
>>51619954
No. I am better.
Stronger.
>>
>>51619999
She's pretty cute for an Innsmouth girl, but I can't help thinking about the smell
>>
File: Alice Free.png (266KB, 470x1164px) Image search: [Google]
Alice Free.png
266KB, 470x1164px
>>51620032
>>
>>51619931
>>51619999
>>51620041

We need more of them unicycle Obrimos chicks
>>
>>51620041

why are her shoes wider than her torso
>>
>>51620041
oh god those yaoi hands
>>
>>51620075
>yaoi hands

What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
>>51620074
That's where she keeps her organs.
>>
>>51620074
Magic, duh
>>
>>51620103
Disproportionally large hands.
>>
>>51620075
I think her Sasquatch like feet are of more concern.

>>51620103
It's a refrence to how yaoi artists and their works tend to/used to have really REALLY large hands for... I don't know why, lack of skill, care or a poor understanding of proportions.
>>
>>51620162
Either way this girl has clearly being gulping down the paradox like it was an open bar to end up with brands this severe
>>
>>51620182
Some women just love the taste of Paradox
>>
>>51620195
Johan stop telling us what a sex wizard you are and go back to nickle and diming your players
>>
>>51620103
Yaoi proportions are fucked in order to better appease female subconscious.
>>
>>51620195
I hear it tastes like squid... And the ink... Also the beak.
>>
>>51619463
I'm pretty sure that changing your gender on a daily or hourly basis would have classified you as mentally ill five years ago
>>
>>51620550
Woulda got you beaten the fuck up ten years ago. You'll still probably get killed in Jammaica for it tho, they still kill fags in the street with machete's right?

Yo can we get some Darkness across Jamacia for WoD?
>>
>>51620550
but that was nearly yesterday. Do you not want to stand on the right side of history and follow the march of progressivism?
>>
>>51620742
Or in Africa, where homosexuality is still considered a crime that spreads Aids.
>>
>>51620767
Unless you're fucking a underage boy/baby, then it cures aids!

No but really, I'd like some WoD books with more focus on anywhere that isn't North America. Like just a whole book, maybe it could be a book about Europe, Asia and Africa, just NOT North america man, I don't CARE, I know shit about my own god damn content.

Kindred of the ebon kingdom or whatever don't count, talkin' wod
>>
>>51620785
or the horrible A World of Darkness books. Even KOTE and KOTEK were improvements to the shit that was presented there
>>
>>51620747

>Russia on the rise
>Trump in office
>Choba and India hungry for superpower status
>EU destined to fail

Yeah no, I think progressives are fucked.
>>
>>51620785
Do you really want OPP to try to write a book about Africa?
>>
>>51620785

One World will be Europe focused, if that helps.
>>
>>51620809
If they get someone FUCKING FROM THERE, sure... MAybe not a boer, but you know what I mean man! There has to be a competent writer that liks WoD/CoD or two in Africa, it's so fucking big!
>>
>>51620807
shhh, don't hurt the precious feelings of OPP within their precious safespace
>>
>>51620809

Who even WANTS to play in Africa? The only interesting group was the Ahadi abd that is still fucked.
>>
>>51620827
>a competent writer that liks WoD/CoD or two
now now anon you got ahead of yourself already
>>
>>51620820
Is it just Europe? I thought they said 'eastern' focused which would cover Europe, Middle east and Asia?

>>51620836
Fuck, I forgot... Shit!
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (56KB, 740x400px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
56KB, 740x400px
>>51620833
>not wanting to make nigeria great again
Sad!
>>
>>51620807
>Russia on the rise
>Trump in office
>Choba and India hungry for superpower status
>EU destined to fail

OK, who pissed off an archmage?

I bet it was those changelings.
>>
>>51620807
>Choba
>China
>>
>>51620807

I would rather Russia over fucking India and China. Putin is a pretty chill bear wrestler, y'know?
>>
>>51620931
I want the Choob Internet Defense Force to leave
>>
>>51620951
Well you're in luck because with the ways things are going a Russia-US tagteam versus the great panda bear in probably on the schedule.
>>
>>51620853

Dracula gave something of a non answer besides pointing out that there were more US based owod books than the rest of the world combined.
>>
>>51620917
>OK, who pissed off an archmage?

No one did. The Archmages just had a bit too much Quintessence to drink.
>>
>>51620975
Understandable, from a financial reason.

In oWoD nobody bought the books about foreign cities
>>
>>51619657
And here's 1.1, now with the Tamers of motherfucking Fire.
Burning shit, and taking names.
Probably going to work on the other Tamers later, but right now I've got to prep for my game today.

Legacy requests anyone?
>>
>>51620785
>Unless you're fucking a underage boy/baby, then it cures aids!
Are you implying it doesn't?!
>>
>>51620975
>pointing out that there were more US based owod books than the rest of the world combined.

Where do most of the fans buying the books reside, and what city supplements were they willing pay for?

WOD: Gothenburg might be a hit a Paradox's home office, but it would no doubt be a bomb in terms of sales.
>>
Anyone have Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes?
>>
>>51621115

YOU DA BEST
>>
File: Tzimisce_DA.png (472KB, 599x896px) Image search: [Google]
Tzimisce_DA.png
472KB, 599x896px
>>51619066
This guy/girl/thing gets it. I mean, I may use my tentacles to violate a prisoner's orifices but that's just because it's a particularly brutal and effective form of torture and I don't want to waste a blood point on getting an erection, you understand, not because it's my fetish.
>>
File: rude.jpg (299KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rude.jpg
299KB, 1280x1024px
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>51621515
The Tremere a bunch of fags that secretly wish they were Mages
>>
>>51621515
Tremere made his kind out of a mixxed slurry of Gangrel, nossie and Tzimesce kindred. And you know, Gargoyles where/are slaves to the Tremere so... It's kinda like being a old as fuck slave off a plantation and you see your massa and his family.
>>
>>51621115
Would it be possible to include some of the 2E updates from the OPP forums so we have then all in one place?

I have a link to what seems like a collection of most of them: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/mage-the-awakening/924832-wyrd-s-legacies-hub
>>
>”What if the monsters are real, hidden among us?”, is the elevator pitch for the new metaplot. Gothic-Punk is dead and buried as an aesthetic

Only if you let it be, Dracula. You think *punk would resonate more with audiences now given how much our situation is starting to feel uncomfortably similar to the 80's.
>>
>>51621748
I wouldn't mind a return to punk honestly, it's a... Enjoyable aesthetic, at least.
>>
>>51621711
>collection of most of them
>6 Legacies all created by one person
A bit pitiful, really.
I'll give it a look.
>>
>>51621760

Artwork was a big draw for me ro get ibto owod, especially WtA. If they make them look like shitty, gangly, patchy pop culture werewolves i'm going to be extremely disappointed.
>>
>>51621792
Pop-culture werewolves.... God that sounds like a 'modern' bone gnawer/Glass walker faction/pack or whatever... God that just sounds fucking dreadful man, I hope they don't try to modernize the art in THAT WAY for one world.
>>
>>51621764
Well I didn't exactly claim they were prolific. I figured they could save you some time and effort though.
>>
File: 1485853028240.jpg (412KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485853028240.jpg
412KB, 1024x1024px
So I'm playing in my first WoD game (in this case vampire the requiem) and I'm playing someone with military training and maybe weapons. I understand that normal guns don't harm vampires and the like as much but if I wanted to research and learn and craft hand loaded rounds made to harm them would that be possible? If so do you mind giving me a few ideas incendiary rounds come to mind along with dragon breath rounds for shotguns but what else? Also any ideas for gasses that can harm them would be great too.
>>
>>51621115
Absolutely based.

Can we get some Choir of Hashmallim and/or Thrice-Great?
>>
>>51621977

Why Requiem? Awakening is just so much fucking better than that.
>>
>>51621977
shotguns. focus on weapons with knock downs or knock backs. all bullets are going to be bashing unless you're that guy with fire rounds. Heads can cause some stuns sometimes.
>>
>>51620917
>All this nationalism/antiglobalism

The Hegemonic Ministry's not dead yet, Mammon faggots.
>>
>>51621981
I gave the Thrice Great a go a while ago, but they suffer from much of the same problem as the Scions of God, in that many of their powers are about reaching over the Gauntlet (in the Scion's case it's about manifesting their God-Form and with the Thrice-Great it's their portals), which in a city has a Withstand of 5, ensuring that it's impossible even for a Master to use their Attainments in a built up area normally, and their Attainments are farily weak in a city suburb (but not impossible, however that's a quite small mercy).

However that's ignoring the possibility I now recognise the Mage can choose to use their normal spells to weaken the gauntlet first (something that won't be noticable to Sleepers), before utilising their immune-to-the-lie Attainments on this mystically weakened Gauntlet.

So In short?
Yes, I will absolutely write up the Thrice-Great, and probably the Chior, when I get around to it.
>>
>>51621989
>Vampire: the Awakening
>everyone is actually a vampire but they don't realize it until they got woke
>>
>>51621989
Not the gm
>>
>>51622102

>Vampire: the Awakening
>everyone wakes up in a mage's sex dungeon
>>
>>51621115
Hey man you wanna hook me up with an Uncrowned Kings conversion?

Doing god's work anon.
>>
>>51622040
Well I do plan to use inc and flame rounds what about gasses?
>>
>>51622190
Shit man, I love the Uncrowned Kings.
Fucking alchemists who refine their minds through their craft.

They're going on the list.
>>
>>51622201
Wait you're going to be a Vampire using fire weapons?

Don't know much about Vampire but doesn't being too close to fire rile up your Beast?
>>
>>51622201
lord above do not use fire rounds. gasses do nothing because vampires don't need to breath. unless it's like suppose to be acid or something.

seriously do not use fire rounds. try tracer rounds. or a flare gun. I used flare guns once and they were effective enough
>>
>>51622254
Sure, active flames. A fire round or a pocket lighter aren't about to send you into Rötschreck. Hell there's precedence for vampires smoking to intimidate people with the lil red ember.
>>
>>51622324
>>51622254
>>51622307

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNKQYl50RW0
>>
>>51622490
>/k/ - a magical place
>>
>>51622324
>smoking to intimidate people with the lil red ember.
That's hilarious. Where is this said?
>>
>>51622550
Not actually said in rules, but one of the fiction pieces in the Blood and SMoke (I think) anthology talks about a vampire smoking just to put everyone else in the room on edge, even though it gets to him to.

The story is called, "there are no owls in Seattle", obviously about the strix, it was an alright read since I don't regret reading it or remeber anything really shit happening.

Mechanicly I'd probably give a vampire a +1 to intimidation if he was smoking right at a vampire, though they'd have to be up close to the person their shit talking
>>
>>51622490
At this point all you got to do is compare the fire round to a lighter and a torch and a bonfire for the effects. I would say it's closest to a torch. we can assume time rounds are 3 seconds. the flare up lasts for only a fraction of a second, but we'll round up to one second. so take the damage for a torch divide it by a third. it's an expensive way to deal some damage
>>
>>51622490
Oh, sorry I missunderstood, yeah using flame rounds would probably fuck with a vampire and they'd need some good self restraint.

I thought you meant having the dragon fire rounds near your body, aha, as if the potential of the bullet going off in your pocket would set a vampire off, my bad.
>>
>>51622742
pretty much. round in pocket, those are the concerns of the man mind. Legality and the knowledge of the round. and the caution of handling. those are logical fears

The beast mind doesn't get that. It just freaks out due to FIRE. that's the instinctual response to the danger. I'm still recommending alternatives, but there are ways to do it if you still want
>>
>Dracula trying to shove MUH HORROR shit from cofd into owod

Why tho
>>
>>51623159

FULL
>>
>>51623159
Because, and this is something people hopeful for this shit need to understand, he isn't bringing back oWoD he's making his fanfiction canon.
>>
>>51623201
So what, DaveB does that and everyone loves him for it.
>>
>>51623412
1. He doesn't
2. Nothing DaveB has written has approached "FULL ASS RAPE STIFFNESS" level of cringe
>>
>>51623412

Don't you fucking diss DaveB, he's the most competent writer OPP has, you self diluted maggot.
>>
>>51623550
>he's the most competent writer OPP has
that's like being the nicest smelling pig in the sty
>>
>>51619657
Do Blank Badges next.
>>
>>51623472

Explain please
>>
So I have a question, what happens to a seer if he ascends to the supernal? Do the Exarchs even allow their underlings to do such a thing?
>>
>>51623472
I also wish to know what kind of awful shit Dracula has done to have big hard cocks always mentioned along with him.
>>
>>51621977
What kind of vampire are you? Also find the Armoury Book.
>>
>>51623926
According to Seer dogma, they become an Exarch themselves, one of the minor ones serving the pantheon. It's meant as the culmination of the Iron Pyramid.

Whether they actually do so, or simply obliterate the newcomer on the spot, is up for debate.
>>
>>51623755
>>51623982
"Screaming in lust from the concentrated spunk in my groins-blood, the Akalia started to wriggle out of its dirty jeans, still gagging on my bleeding junk. It let go only to suck in air, preparing to turn its centuries-dormant sexual organs into full ass-rape stiffness."

Dark Destiny (Kindle Locations 9207-9209). White Wolf. Kindle Edition.
>>
>>51624271

I regret reading that.
>>
>>51624271
meant to quote
>>51623755
>>51623947
>>
>>51624271
Heres the book if anyone wants proof https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Destiny-Karim-Muammar-ebook/dp/B01G7GP96U
>>
>>51622645
That is so petty and passive aggressive. I love it.
>>
>>51624406
It's also a passive posturing of self control. "Yeah, I'm in such control of the Beast that I can hold a flame right in front of my face."
>>
Anyone got tooth and nail, the new beast book?
>>
File: 1467204975840.jpg (32KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1467204975840.jpg
32KB, 400x300px
>>51624271
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>51624625
What is Carl, just a human that deals with to much shit, or some kind of claimed, either sloth or gluttony.
>>
Hey so

Where exactly do you find the rules to oWoD games? Like, the actual core rules on how the dice mechanics work and all that.
>>
>>51624271

Is that something Elriccson actually wrote?
>>
>>51624822

In each of the individual game lines.
>>
>>51624822

In a dumpster bin
>>
>>51624856
>>
So my cotorie stumbled on some murdered kids. A teenage girl walked in and started to blamed us for the killings. She chastised us and called us wretched creatures of the night. She called herself "Scorch, Talon of the Adamntine Arrow" in a theatrical manner. What's up with this chick?
>>
>>51624899

Ghoul and then rape her until she enjoys it.
>>
>>51624899
She's a Mage, anon. Don't immediately discount her.
>>
>>51624916
We don't know what a Mage is IC.
>>
>>51624932
Then have fun getting your shit kicked in by a magical girl.
>>
>>51624899
>wretched creatures of the night
Think up an excuse to tell the Prince.
>>
>>51624772
I wish I knew
>>
>>51620809
>Do you really want OPP to try to write a book about Africa?

Depends, but they sorted out their shit when it came to V20 Dark Ages and some minor african laibon legacies...

If they keep up to the same standard of writing as when they wrote that, I wouldn't mind a book about Africa.
>>
>>51614766
I think it'd be fun, but it comes down to your perception of hunters; Are they Ghost Busters, trying to expose the truth, or like the Supernatural guys, trying to keep the peace? If the former, great. If the latter, these guys are too loud and their equiptment too bulky to be smuggled anywhere, let alone across country all the time to hunt. When it comes to this crew, someone's going to notice.
>>
>>51622040
>>51623982
I'm a fucking idiot and forgot to add that its requiem 2nd so I'm not sure if I can still use the armory? book if that's the case how hard would it be to carry the weapon stats over?
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.