[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In what RPGs can I play a magical-gun-toting dragoon or cuirassier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

In what RPGs can I play a magical-gun-toting dragoon or cuirassier mounted on a pegasus/wyvern/griffin/hippogriff/cloud ray, charging through the sky and trying to board airships while avoiding their arcane broadsides?
>>
>>51604827

The Fire Emblem RPG with some modifications. Especially now that the most recent FE games include firearms.
>>
>>51604827
>the most recent FE games include firearms
When did this happen and how did I miss it?
>>
File: 1484521422586.png (586KB, 1280x620px) Image search: [Google]
1484521422586.png
586KB, 1280x620px
>>51604827
Savage Worlds?
>>
>>51605121
>When did this happen and how did I miss it?

Because it never happened. The new mobile game has your character use a "gun" but it only summons heroes (and your character does not fight). There are no firearms classes introduced.
>>
>>51604827
The real question is who is going to run that?
>>
>>51604827
>In what RPGs can I play a...
RIFTS. always RIFTS.
it's the GURPS of settings
>>
>>51605763
Wait. Which worldbook covers airships? I don't think "Federation of Magic" suffices, and I'm sure they're in at least one of them...
>>
>>51604827
>In what RPGs can I play a

GURPS.
>>
>>51605527
Fuck man, if someone ran a pike and shot era fantasy game with airships and skypirates, I'd be all over that shit.
>>
>>51604827
How do you prevent that from becoming super deadly.

>Fall from your mount
>Plummet to death

>Mount dies
>Plummet to death

>Hit by a broadside
>Pulverised

>Pushed off the deck while trying to board
>Plummet to death

Even if everyone had magical parachutes, wouldn't falling still take the character out of action for few hours, until the party can pick them up?
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>Fall from your plane
>Plummet to death

>Wings damaged
>Plummet to death

>Hit by anti-air artillery
>Pulverised

>Rammed by an enemy plane
>Plummet to death

Even if everyone had modern parachutes, wouldn't falling still take the pilot out of action for a few hours, until local civillians can pick them up?
>>
>>51608018
>Even if everyone had magical parachutes, wouldn't falling still take the character out of action for few hours, until the party can pick them up?
I honestly don't see a problem with this.
>>
>>51605504
He's probably talking about the Cannoneer from Fates, fampai.
>>
>>51608032
>>51608018
So what are the mechanics for "plummeting to death", certain races/classes have a lower terminal velocity or more control over decent speed so they can slow down until someone with a "parachute" is thrown off the edge so they can steal it from them?

C'mon /tg/ how do we make "plummeting to death" interesting?
>>
File: 24d34e91213148a06a47a464f5552f86.jpg (473KB, 2169x3033px) Image search: [Google]
24d34e91213148a06a47a464f5552f86.jpg
473KB, 2169x3033px
>>51608379
It's called a Ring of Feather Falling.
>>
>>51608379
I imagine you could really slow yourself down with a good cape. Capes- not just fashion in this world!
>>
>>51608379
There are definitely many ways to slow your descent. I would probably not have slow falling be class restrictive. I might have some races be capable of flight for short(ish) periods of time (to make airships be their main means of airborne transportation as well), although I might hesitate to make them playable and instead keep them as a menace. Possibly combine parachute with hot air balloon to have people be able to fly back upwards if need be. That also provides another means for people to attack airships. Hot air balloon up above them, cut the flame, and then parachute on down.
>>
>>51608379
Each player controls a Squadron, with the collective players representing a Wing.

You do not micromanage units. Units are either out of combat, or performing Actions as part of your Squadron.

Taking damage for your Squadron comes in the form of:
>Wound
>Fallen
>Casualty

Wounds allow them to continue as normal, but adds stacking penalties to tasks, particularly defensive rolls that prevent Fallen or Casualty.

Fallen takes that unit out of combat. Through the use of parachutes, quick control of the mount, and/or jump modules, a unit can return to the fight in 5 rounds. Otherwise, they take 10 but may use that time to treat Wounds or simply Retreat outright.

Casualties are taken out of the fight. Whether its rider or mount injury/death, their survival will be determined after the fight. It's a lot harder to perform life-saving surgery when your army's routed, after all.
>>
>>51604827
Fantasy Craft. Rune Knight expert class with a gun as your favored gear, and Animal Partner or Personal Lieutenant feat to get yourself a sweet mount.

Or for a high-level campaign, you can get your mount through the Wind Knight master class, which if you complete the class makes you so damn fabulously magnificent that your teammates are inspired to greater heights of heroism by your sheer panache. (You can also just start out with the feat and go Wind Knight anyway and have TWO pegasus/griffin/hippogriff mounts.)

The only thing missing is the airships, but people have already homebrewed those.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.