[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Myth Weavers just had a horrible unmitigated failure. A failure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: MYTH WEAVER.png (20KB, 301x40px) Image search: [Google]
MYTH WEAVER.png
20KB, 301x40px
Myth Weavers just had a horrible unmitigated failure. A failure of such sort that professionals woudl have been shit caned. Hope you weren't using your character sheets after June of last year.
>>
>>51603832
And what failure would that be?
>>
I just read the twitter feed....
How the hell do you fuck up that bad? You know what I don't know but you would think they would back up more often than that.
>>
>>51603935
Dude accidentally wiped out the character sheet database, and had to restore from a backup...because everything got wiped out because of an error during routine maintenance.
>>
>using mythweavers

Why? Why not just design your own using google documents or pastebin? The formating of most character sheets is already terrible, and it's made all the worse by not having the increased freedom of handwriting.
>>
File: 1441996661466.png (202KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1441996661466.png
202KB, 704x396px
>>51603935
Everything created or saved within the last six months is gone.
>>
>>51603986
As far as I can tell they did have previous backups and they basicaly burned it trying to fix the database somehow cause they were dumb. How you burn an SQL dump I don't know besides somehow corrupting it while trying to read it in.
>>
>>51604004
Because they are easier to share on the forum Myth Weavers as a part of that whole connected Database with the forum. They system can read your character sheet and even do some simple math plus your GM can check it easier, and it predates Google Docs.
>>
>>51604438
>myth weavers forum

Why?
>>
>>51604429
Me either. Me either. This has to fall into the big header of EPIC fuck ups. This is right up there with with Hitler's invasion of Russia, and the Eldar Murderfucking Slaanesh into reality.
>>
>>51604448
Because the guy who made it left DNDonline games because he had a falling out with the owner of that Play by Post forum who was mostly interested in only running D&D on the forum and didn't want to allow other systems. Myth Weavers allowed D&D and WoD and nWoD.
>>
>>51604460
>losing a bunch of character sheets is the same level of fucking up as invading Russia with no plan to win before winter
I... oh lawd.
>>
File: 1474050113370.png (474KB, 740x397px) Image search: [Google]
1474050113370.png
474KB, 740x397px
https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34991

Why the hell is everyone calling someone who DOESN'T immediately forgive the admin a "troll"?
>>
>>51605111
Because negativity is bad y'know.

Can't criticize someone, you'll make them feel bad. Nevermind that they went almost SEVEN MONTHS without a backup.
>>
File: Chemo_Time.jpg (456KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Chemo_Time.jpg
456KB, 900x675px
>>51603832
What variety of sad plebeian relies solely on an online repository for their tabletop needs?
>>
File: 1477622425327.png (6MB, 2311x3300px) Image search: [Google]
1477622425327.png
6MB, 2311x3300px
The Myth-Weavers guy wrote a post-mortem to explain the gross incompetence that happened!

https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=12138250#post12138250
>>
>>51604004
>why use a prevalent tool that significantly cuts down on the time
>I dont like the format so use a fucking spreadsheet or notepad

retard alert
>>
>>51607550
>but it can die on you with no backup
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.