[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 366
Thread images: 42

File: 40k gen.jpg (281KB, 1000x693px) Image search: [Google]
40k gen.jpg
281KB, 1000x693px
Funny necron formations edition.

>>51586907

>Dank Dweekend Duncan maymays
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVqGROfiKmA [Embed] [Open] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]

> 40k reference in wiki format
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (It's OK, Guilliman borrowed a copy of the imperial truth)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
Third for EDT is the strongest army.
>>
>>51591975
Second for Jesus Christ, you fuckers suck at this.
>>
File: Ork.jpg (14KB, 250x358px) Image search: [Google]
Ork.jpg
14KB, 250x358px
third for SPACE WAAAGGHH

ORKZ ARE A STRONGEST ARMY
>>
>>51591940
Third for the 6E tyranid codex is fine and tyranids are competitive because flyrants.
>>
>>51591997
20 seconds you fucker
>>
>>51591997
>space waagh
forgot the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHgu_fBlSjk
>>
Reposting this from last thread because it was right when it died

Is this viable for a deathstar?

>nemesor zandrekh
>5X lychguard with sword and shield
>orikan the deviner
>overlord with scythe, phase shifter, shroud for 2+, and res orb

Seems pretty unkillable other than stomps and it can deepstrike to get around, suggestions?

Someone said use wraiths, I guess I didn't think of beasts being able to join ICs, of course they can't reanimate unless Mr spyder tags along

>see captcha
>I'm not a robot
>am soulless space skeleton
>what do?
>>
>30k TS have Shred on all bolters
>Brotherhood of Psykers everywhere that can get Prescience on top of above at the very least
>Bunch of expensive but really strong units
>Magnus and his 36" 7Ds bubble
>40k have 23ppm Shitbricae and Magnus that needs fully Daemon army to supplement him

Falling to Chaos was a mistake.
>>
File: 20170206_083239.png (397KB, 583x497px) Image search: [Google]
20170206_083239.png
397KB, 583x497px
>opponent sloppily paints names on his bases
>gets huffy when you don't refer to his models by name
>>
>>51592021
>30k TS are terribly balanced
>40k TS are terribly balanced
Interdasting.
>>
how do you think, Decimus joining to Abbadon in Maccrage?
>>
>>51592021
>Brotherhood of Psykers everywhere
Not really. It's on the three unique units (sword dudes, sniper dudes, super terminators) and you can buy it for Veteran Tacticals and Terminators.

>Shred on bolters
Once again, only a few units get it, and they have to buy it.

30k TS are going to be strong, and Magnus is absurdly OP, but the army as a whole isn't too bad. Psyker-heavy TS armies are going to be very light on models, and the Pinning thing will bite them in the ass occasionally.
>>
>>51592021
>>30k TS have Shred on all bolters
not quite true, they can BUY, which is a subtle diffrence

The 36" bubble thing is also both missrepresetative, and only ap5. its an 18" bubble, becuase when we say bubble, and give a number, people use the radius not the diameter .

still fucks vehcles in the butt
>>
>>51592016
Can you guarantee Invisibility? All deathstars are shit if you can target them with S:D templates.
>>
>>51592016
>Someone said use wraiths, I guess I didn't think of beasts being able to join ICs, of course they can't reanimate unless Mr spyder tags along
Yes. "Decurion" is such a swearword not becaause what it is but because Canoptek Harvest. And making big unit of Wraiths into Orikanstar turns it into bullshit-tier. It doesnt matter that all the chars only move 6". You can easily use wraiths and coherency to slingshot them into melee. You just need to place them properly.

Placing your models properly is actually about ~25% of the whole gameplay in 40K. I cant believe why nobody ever talks about it. And deployment. Holy shit. Deployment wins games. Helloo, has anyone ever heard about refused flank and can someone point why eldar jetbikes are also bullshit outside of Scatter Lasers?
>>
Did the Blood Angels use any special units during the heresy that no other legion used? if so do you think they will ever get them back
>>
>>51591940
Tyranid Triumvirate: Death Leaper, Old One Eye, and Red Terror.

Think I'm wrong? Check their availability
>>
>>51592103
We haven't got their 30k rules in full yet.
>>
>>51592103
Their special unit is assault cannon.
>>
File: helium.jpg (187KB, 1239x782px) Image search: [Google]
helium.jpg
187KB, 1239x782px
So I keep hearing 40k 8th is gonna hit this summer, any validity to the rumor? Seems too soon after 7th?
>>
>>51592083
Yeah, TSons are fine besides Magnus and underpriced terminators. Hopefully Magnus' Novas and Invisibility interactions will be FAQ'd - D Smite and Life Leech are powerful but still something you can play against.
>>51592087
Fair enough, they can also be bough only on vets and terminators, but they are pretty much auto-include.
>>
>>51592142
I googled and found this

seems like 40k AoS might be true http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/12/40k-8th-ed-rumors-generals-handbook.html
>>
>>51592171
>seems like 40k AoS might be true http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/12/40k-8th-ed-rumors-generals-handbook.html
Sweet.
>>
>>51592092
Yeah I was thinking that, since the wraith in front can move 12 and chain back to the guys who only moved 6, and that one wraith is not dying to overwatch other than tau

Also yes deployment is insane, sometimes when I take a little long to set up I apologize to the guy and tell him that most likely my deployment with decide the game, and it usually does, especially if they have a skyhammer or something inbound

>>51592090
Yeah I know D scythes are a pain, but honestly no one in my meta uses them except for the obligotary eldar cheese lord, but he only comes in for tourneys and this list would be for goofing around outside of that, I would bring more numbers in a tourney than a super unit and I know how to get around them
>>
File: images (15).jpg (10KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (15).jpg
10KB, 443x332px
Hey guys,

Due to prolonged, abnormally shitty weather conditions, I have no way of using my chaos black primer. Is vallejo surface primer suitable for models used for table top gaming?

I don't get much time off work, and I have a lot of painting I want to get done.

Please share your success and horror stories with this product.
>>
>>51592142
I figure we will see 8th hit this year sometime, 7th is three years old now, I don't think 6th ed even lived that long
>>
>>51592194
check out /wip/ for better painting and modelling question results.
>>
I'm a tau player. I kind of want to buy a couple of assassins to add some variety to my army that isn't stand still and shoot everything. Is this a good idea?
>>
>>51592218
only if you let your opponent use them to kill you
>>
>>51592218
Play Imperium.
>>
>>51592218
>add some variety to my army that isn't stand still and shoot everything
Should have thought about that before picking Tau, then
>>
>>51592218
Assassins are really fun units, (the vindicare I just find frustrating because he always misses but other people like him)

All of them do rediculous shit and peace both me and my opponent smiling usually

The culexus would be best for you since it ducks psykers over pretty bad
>>
>>51592206
What is wip problem with churches? Also wip is a mixed bag of retards, Facebook comments, useful advice and memes
>>
>>51592218
Yes anon, you can get Culexus to protect your Riptide Wing and Stormsurge from Treason.
>>
File: racist.jpg (2MB, 4192x7224px) Image search: [Google]
racist.jpg
2MB, 4192x7224px
>>51592142
>that pic
uh anon? You alright?
>>
>>51592262
>wip is a mixed bag of retards, Facebook comments, useful advice and memes
That still puts them leaps and bounds ahead of this general
>What is wip problem with churches?
Ah, I was there for that. Never forget.
>>
>ywn fight as a part of disciplined army in the name of Khorne
>ywn kill loyalist scum who betrayed you
>ywn take Commissar's hat from his body as a spoil of war
Why live?
>>
Did "Aeldari are gay" anon get b&?
Happy day! Happy day!
>>
>>51592253

I picked them purely because of robots, I didn't really think of anything else

>>51592257

I was thinking of the culexus at least because psykers are annoying

>>51592272

I only have one riptide, I would like more because the model is fun but I don't want to be a WAACfag, fun is more important than winning
>>
>>51592292
>disciplined
>Khorne
Yep, you never will
>>
>>51592272
>implying every tau player runs that bullshit
Show us where the waac fag touched you anon
>>
>>51592033
Names on my models are messy, but I NEVER asked anyone to call them by name. How autistic can a man get?
>>
File: 1486353345530s.jpg (2KB, 66x125px) Image search: [Google]
1486353345530s.jpg
2KB, 66x125px
How does this look?
I was thinking of having the Harlies in the raiders, and the blasterborn in the starweaver (my group has the house rule that allies can deploy in each others vehicles as long as they're battle brothers).
I was also thinking of putting a shadowseer with each troupe, and a death jester with each kabalite/trueborn squad,and sticking the succubus with the shadowseer that has the mask of secrets in the hopes of getting the mirror of minds phantasamancy spell and laughing maniacally at the -4 leadership.
In the end is Cegorach's Revenge worth it?
>>
>>51592309
>I picked them purely because of robots
Shit Tau players say
>>
>>51592311
>blood pact
>sons of sek
>any ex-IG
Seriously, not every Khornate is a psycho outside of battle. Most don't get butcher's nails.
#NotAllKhornates
>>
Asking again: what do you guys think of using an Enginseer Congregation besides a War Convocation? Was thinking of using one with 5 Servitors to act as backline repair units and to fill in 2 Canticle slots to keep my count high even after my Skitarii inevitably are killed.
>>
>>51592330
>Thumbnail
What did you use to make this?
>>
>>51592314
He is Taufag who wants Assassin. That means that someone just had his Stormsurge blow up his own Riptide wing.
>>
>>51592330
P I C T U R E
F O R
A N T S
>>
>>51592279
So what was the church thing?
>>
>>51592192
So I'm gonna build this necron army only for it to completely change in 6 months and possibly make me buy new units/ make some shit... okay...

Nah I kid, I know that's the way the game works, I've already done a salt detox for if both my armies were made shit tomorrow.

Anyone have any good stories of getting fucked over by edition changes, new codexes or FAQs?

>for example I had a friend buy 6 drop pods to ally with his grey knights and sisters of battle, only for the FAQ to come out like a month later
>>
File: 1486353345530.jpg (225KB, 900x1695px) Image search: [Google]
1486353345530.jpg
225KB, 900x1695px
>>51592330
>>51592344

Oops accidentally saved as a thumbnail some how.. here's the actual one my bad
>>
>>51592334

It's true! I did want to play Space Wolves but a lot of the people at the shop I go to were already Space Marine players (and the more I looked at SW stuff the more I hated it) so I ended up with mecha instead

>>51592350

I have 1 riptide and no stormsurge dude, not every one who plays this game is a cheesy cunt
>>
>>51592357
See you get around this buy playing armies that are already considered shit and then things can only get better. right?
>>
>>51592375
Let it go, anon. Some people would rather believe that the world is out to get them than admit that they suck at a game or are unpleasant to be around.
>>
>>51592334
tau got cool robots and drones.

i got like 20 gun drones in my 1850pts army.
>>
>>51592354
Have you ever heard the tragedy of Osama Bin Autismo? I thought not, it's not a story /40kg/ would tell you. It's a /wip/ legend. Church Anon was a dark lord of /wip/ so autistic and butthurt, he could use miniature churches to influence the scale of his Knights. He had such a poor knowledge of 4chin, he could continue spewing his autistic rants for weeks after anyone said the rubble on his Knight's base look like a miniature church.
The dark side of autism is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
He became so autistic, the only thing he had to lose was his little church. Unfortunately, he taught /wip/ everything he knew about being a sperg. Then /wip/ ousted him for good. Ironic. He could save little churches from death... but not himself.
>>
>>51592375
>>51592428
Tau doesnt have any robots it only has monstrous Creatures and infantry
>>
>>51592428
Literally every faction uses robots in a highly visible capacity. You're just a weeb.
>>
>>51592469

Skitarii have some really neat walkers. No way I could paint them though
>>
>>51592432
So basically went for advice and was not willing to take it? Or he wanted people sucking him off? For that you go to Facebook. You need to be really bad in order to get shit on.

>>51592448
Crisis suit. Infantery are ok
Riptide and Ghost shill can be MC
Stormsurge is a Titan, unless you are a nid or Ork huge dino thingy that I can't remember the name since no one ever use it. Can be GC. Everything else should have AV

Maybe if vehicles didn't got worst every time someone shoot at them we wouldn't have this problem
>>
>>51592428

If you wanted robots, why not go for Literally Robots: The Army?
>>
>>51592469
>Aeldari Noir
>Tyranigs
>Any space marines that arent Grey Knights with baby carriers(dreads and stuff i dont really count, and Knights are allies)
>>
>>51592524
have you seen the fucking rules for necrons?

the army plays like shit.
>>
>>51592524

Because they aren't mecha
>>
>>51592394
I play guard as well, they are considered weak but I still really enjoy them (and win most my games if I do say so)

I have a two army policy, for multiple reasons but one is the hope that when's the next round of codexes comes out I can expect at least one to get nerfed and one to get buffed
>>
>>51592522
I was also there, trying to explain to him,

The item LOOKED like a church. So we asked. He got pissed and said rubble, and we said 'oh, i thought it was a church'. He posts it again and again over a few days, and goes ballistic about how it isn't a church, anytime a new anon would ask, or anything was even said about how it could still be mistaken as one. We never said it was one, he just went full turbonegro on it
>>
>>51591940
Does anyone have all The Beast Arises novels? Or at least the last four?
>>
>>51592522
>So basically went for advice and was not willing to take it?
Kinda this. It was hard to pinpoint what he actually meant through his delusional ramblings.

Also, how the fuck is FB such a goddamn wip circle-jerk? I've seen people praise minis painted so bad I wouldn't even want to play against them.
>>
>>51592544

>being this wrong
>>
File: IMG_8551.jpg (104KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8551.jpg
104KB, 500x500px
>>51592544
Seems to be a lot of cron hate on /tg/

Lots of my LGS is supporting me in my post op transition because they say it would be fun to see a new lesser played (at least in my group) army

I know a lot of people say they are very dry to play against and with but is there anything else tonit? I'd like to hear some people's opinions
>>
>>51592554
I play nids and Blood angels so i play one army that is bad unless you flying circus and the other thats worst of the marines which means its decent.
So if i ever need to actually play a non-fluffy game i can just play marines and be alright
>>
>>51592524
They're not by any stretch of the imagination bad.
Unless you're a powergaming big 3 fag
>>
File: IMG_1277.jpg (168KB, 900x1001px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1277.jpg
168KB, 900x1001px
>>51592584
Well Facebook comments regarding unpainted shit triggers them as much as /tg/

But yah the circle jerk is impressive. The competitive side is even worst "made this list". Some how changing a single upgrade from the cookie cutter list for tournaments is a totally new and original list that must be praise.

One would think picture related are troll list but people actually try to call their Eldar and Tau list with random Inquisitor with Servo skulls a fluffy Inquisition list.
>>
>>51592661
>more than 2 factions in an army list
FUCKING DROPPED
I don't even bother to read that shit. Shit like that is only run by netlist freaks anyway.
>>
>>51592602
i feel sorry for anyone that actually has to play against that snoozefest.
>>
>>51592683
How about you stop shitposting about things you don't know?
>>
>>51592683

You know that there are more units in Necrons, not just Warriors, right?
>>
>>51592708
Ignore him. He's never looked at the codex or so much as watched a game with Necrons in it. He's spouting an old meme like it's relevant.
>>
>>51592683
I bet you play Tau
>>
>>51592784
i play orks
>>
>>51592814
>imlying orks arent a boring army to play against
>>
>>51591940
>that duncan video
>>
>>51592814
>wouldn't last 1 round of combat against a Wraith
>>51592824
fucking THIS. Orks put me right the fuck to sleep.
>>
>>51592826
It was a test to see how many posts until people noticed.

>>51592842
That's because their special rules are so shit the only original things they do harms THEMSELVES.
>>
>>51592661
Thats a shitty list. Also, illegal. Or is it illegal on purpose? Its not good trolling if you deliberately make yourself look like a retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Since we are talking space terminator tomb kings (in space)

Here's the way I'm gonna do troops and vehicles, Criticism? Advice? Does the ghost ark give anyone else AIDS to paint and build?

>yeah I know it's the generic easy to paint scheme but sue me for actually liking their classic scheme a lot
>>
>>51592876
It's not illegal?
>>
>>51592814
>Orks
>Actual boring army

Between the shitty conversions, bad paint job. Usless army that either die when their transport pop or is a chore to kill the horde.

Squat the army already

It is only fun to face Ork when you actually gimp yourself in any other case it is just boring.
>>
>>51592886
At least it's painted. And not to the standards of a model gore thread.
>>
>>51592886
>Does the ghost ark give anyone else AIDS to paint and build?
Yes. Fuck that thing.
I know people say drop pods suck to assemble, but I enjoy putting those together infintely more than ghost arks. Those things are a bitch
>>
>>51592886
The black/green is DARK, I'd put some sharp green-yellow edge highlights on it so you can actually make out some detail from more than a foot away.
Warrior looks pretty standard, albeit flat. The basing leaves something to be desired. Wash and drybrush that shit.
>>
>>51588536
GSC with Scion hybrids
>>
>>51592876
>Not recognising meme list
>This new.

That is a list that makes fun of shit like triple riptide wings and a random servo skull Inquisitor. Some how the guys using it claim to be playing inquisition.

TL:DR it is a joke list you triggerlypuff
>>
>>51592914
Buff Orks and make them challenging.

Here's a new gimmick to help them compete, tellyportas.
Using Mek gibbunz they can teleport their shit around the board as a free move and charge.
Millions of special weapons in each squad.
>>
>>51592911
It is. Also very shitty.
>>
>>51592968
>let's ignore the fluff so I can powergame a little!
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>51592935
>>51592936
Here's part of my ghost ark

You know, since you have to base coat it, paint it, then assemble it because that's cool

I did a nice moot green highlight that really popped, looked at lot like the picture, then I made the mistake of doing a wash wish biel-tan, might highlight against to bring it up

The cron is very standard, it's hard to see because of the lighting but he's washed with a watered typhus corrosion, so he looks very dirty and rusted, but yeah the base is meh, what drybrush would you recommend for it?
>>
File: 1461440506670.jpg (17KB, 349x320px) Image search: [Google]
1461440506670.jpg
17KB, 349x320px
I haven't played 40k or kept updated on it in about two years. Can someone give me a quick rundown on what all this new fluff is? Sounds like a lot of hoopla to me.
>>
>>51592968
My army sucks and I want to power game
The post

GW should squat armies they don't care about like Nids, Orks and SoB.
>>
>>51592984
Orks are the masters of teleportation.
>>
>>51592991
>not using Gnarls green, Iosan green, and Flash Gits Yellow
Gotta get some good paints on there.
>>
>>51592886
>generic easy to paint scheme
the necrons are fine, but that chair is only 1 color, you need at least 3 to field it
>>
File: djihad-pepe.png (43KB, 652x528px) Image search: [Google]
djihad-pepe.png
43KB, 652x528px
>>51593013
Cadia is dead
>>
>>51593013
Magnus created Grey Knights.

Emperor never saw Primarchs as anything but tools.
>>
>>51592974
What makes it illegal?

>>51593023
>Orks are no fun to play against because they're shit!
>NO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO IMPROVE THEM YOU POWERGAMING TURD
Y-You too.
>>
>>51593013

Commorragh is ded
>>
>>51593046
>doesn't know the difference between a legal and illegal list
>thinks he should write the next Ork codex
>>
>>51593013
It's the grim darkness of the far future and There is only war

>pretty much the same as usual
>>
>>51593013
> Return of the best primarch.
That about sum it ups.
>>
>>51593046
Do I need to remind you about the warp spider infinity jumps?

Ork player usually don't understand how the game works. Too busy with their shitty conversions
>>
>>51593013
>abby the armless attacks cadia
>necrons and imperium team up
>pylons activate and drain everyone of their use of the warp and banishes all daemons
>this harm the imperial forces more than the chaos forces, LotD and saints confirmed to be deaemons
>Abby gets beaten up by a girl
>NOT EVEN JOKING
>crashes a blackstone fort in to cadia in revenge
>loses said fortress and the only stable route out of the eye of terror for his trouble
>eldar show up just in the nick of time to save all the imperials
>but creed gets kidnapped and krell is dead
>eldar combine their magic mumbo jumbo with admech tech to revive girlyman
>cypher shows up out of nowhere and all the fallen ally with girlyman against chaos
>>
>>51593071
>keeps calling it illegal
>won't provide proof
So you're just a troll?
>>
>>51593090
That was never part of the rules though, eldar players were just cheating by ""accidentally"" reading their rules wrong.
>>
https://youtu.be/AwwtKCppDHk

I can't believe GW is dead.
>>
>>51593090
why do you hate orks so much

does it hurt your autist brain that every ork unit doesnt have the same stats?
>>
>>51593146
IVe Been watching this gain steam for a while now, hoping GW notices and realizes they're need to make a 40k video games that's like the table top, imagine how badass that would be

>NB4 GW is too Jewish to do anything like that
>>
>>51593164
Nah just shitposting agains the retard Ork player in the thread.

The few Ork players here are rather chill and know fully well when making shitty conversion like a stompa made out of a bucket
>>
>>51593164
He is you new audience, kid who hates hobby and only wants more simple and OP rules.
>>
>>51593093
>>necrons and imperium team up

Trazyn doesn't team up with the Imperium. He just hangs around in the shadows helping out whenever his whim pokes him.

>>pylons activate and drain everyone of their use of the warp and banishes all daemons

Not all daemons were banished.

>>this harm the imperial forces more than the chaos forces, LotD and saints confirmed to be deaemons

The pylons forced the Chaos forces to retreat off the planet. I would say it harmed the traitors more.

>LotD and saints confirmed to be deaemons

Did the fact before that LotD were literally ghosts that could not be harmed by physical weapons not tip you off that they weren't normal marines? Fucking retard the Tau, Dark Eldar, traitors, etc shot at them or swung blades at them. The swords passed through their smoky bodies.

Celestine is just an empowered human. She was restored to being a human after the Pylons activated.

>>Abby gets beaten up by a girl

She didn't beat him. She stabbed him in the back and ran (whoop whoop whoop). Abaddon realizing that he was surrounded by 8th Cadian regiment with the Warp closing, decides the wise choice is to leave rather than run after Celestine. After all, she and her friends are dead anyways once he crashes the blackstone on Cadia.

Get your facts straight.
>>
>>51593146
Bullshit anon, there will always be a market for physical models.

You see the same thing with physical books vs ebook readers.
>>
>>51593212
Yeah, but.... I can actually play 40k without cutting my arm off.
>>
>>51592577
OP link retard.
>>
>>51593206
>autism
>>
>>51593212
>there will always be a market for physical models.
But not so large as GW need, especially since Warhammer (as brand, as franchise) are manlet who walks beneath shadow of leviathan on it's own niche (tabletop games)
>>
>>51593229
poorfag
>>
>>51593206
>>loses said fortress and the only stable route out of the eye of terror for his trouble

Losing the Fortress was deemed worth it in exchange for the destruction of Cadia and basically sealing the fate of the galaxy.

I mean you fucking dumbass douche. You realize what just happened? The Cadians pylons were the only things keeping the Eye pinned down in its place. The Eye now is expanding and breaking the walls of reality. Abaddon exchanged the Fortress with a moblie Eye of Terror that will consumed the whole galaxy (if not stopped) and an endless daemon army that will spill from it. Do you realize how small the fortress is compared the galactic destruction that Abaddon has set in motion? And another thing why would he fucking care about the Cadian Gate anymore when the Eye is espanding and going straight to Terra. The FoC says that the traitor ships sailing through the Warp in the Eye are having no problems while the Imperials ships caught in the Eye cannot warp jump leaving easy targets.

Sick and tired of people whinging about HUUR ONE STABLE ROUTE. This isn't 4th ED. This isn't EoT. This is 7th ED going 8th, this is the Gathering Storm, and THIS IS THE CRIMSON PATH. Get updated, son!
>>
>>51593229
well if you cut off one arm you still got 3 left.
>>
>>51593276
A-Anon do you have something to share with the rest of the regiment?
>>
>>51593276
Call the ordo xenos.
>>
>>51593237
Not an argument. If you weren't corrected again and again you would be still saying that Trazyn blew up Cadia via overloading the pylons. Seriously, /tg/ is worse than middle school when it comes to rumours and misinformation.

I blame Arch Warhammer.
>>
>>51593273
So Abaddon is the chaos gods bitch. Got it. Some how GW manage to make Armless the Harmless even more of a joke
>>
>>51593295
>My arms have fallen!
>>
File: Report.jpg (38KB, 330x464px) Image search: [Google]
Report.jpg
38KB, 330x464px
>>51593276
>>
File: Genestealer Cult - 200pts.jpg (70KB, 900x355px) Image search: [Google]
Genestealer Cult - 200pts.jpg
70KB, 900x355px
Currently no Kill Team thread so I'll ask here:

Playing my first game of KT later today, and it's the first game of a league at my FLGS. I plan on running GSC, pic related.

Any suggestions or pointers?
>>
File: 20170205_050603_HDR.jpg (457KB, 1658x933px) Image search: [Google]
20170205_050603_HDR.jpg
457KB, 1658x933px
I got back into 40k yesterday...

Building my necrons back up.
>>
>>51593295
Nope. It's a coin flip now. If the Eye takes him to Terra before it destroys the galaxy, then he will intact the Dark Imperium plan and screw over the Chaos Gods.

If the Eye destroys the galaxy before he completes his plan, then the Chaos Gods win.

Either way, as Abaddon said, it will all finally end. This is the end of Abaddon's story one way or another. *sheds a tear*.
>>
>>51593319
Good job on not being a dick and running 40 neophytes.
>>
>>51593337
That is so stupid it hurt.

Is that the same story about Abaddon going to sit on the golden throne and fix chaos?
>>
>>51593337
He's getting shot by super-secret-loyalist Cypher.
>>
>>51593146
Well, I guess, Chapter Master and ChapterHouse sends the regards.
>>
>>51593337
>then he will intact the Dark Imperium plan and screw over the Chaos Gods.
Oh what, he's going to sit on the throne and "seal the dark gods away forever"? Is that SERIOUSLY what he thinks will happen?

Amy the armless is such a fucking tool he cant even begin to fathom what a huge tool he is.
>>
>>51593357
Cypher teleports behind Abbadon
Nothing Personnel, kid
>>
File: 20170205_120627.jpg (461KB, 932x1404px) Image search: [Google]
20170205_120627.jpg
461KB, 932x1404px
>>51593367
What's he going to do? Give him a hand?
>>
Can anyone help a poorfag out with this month's white dwarf please. Most kind of you can
>>
>>51593340
Thanks. Not being a dick is fairly important.

I've heard Chimeras are tough, though. Are they OP in KT?
>>
>>51593377
Anon let me help you here you keep asking people to give you a link to the february WD. But i believe the main reason people refuse to give you a link and tell you to buy it is because if people start handing out links to it willy nilly people will stop buying it and then GW will see less of a return on it making them think its not worth producing and discontinue it and then you wont even have something to beg for. Also people hate spoon feeding so look for a link yourself
>>
>>51593355
>>51593364
He spent 10K years dreaming up this plan and viewing all possible outcomes using his Sorcerer cabals. Trust in the Warmaster. He knows what he is doing.
>>
>>51593372
>give him a hand?
Probably. Failbaddon could certainly use it.
>>
>>51593323
I bet that pink wraith has trolling potential
>>
>>51593377
Buy it, it's worth the cost. And if you can't afford it, you're in the wrong hobby.
>>
>>51593424
I personally want to see him hop in the chair try to seal off the chaos gods and then fucking get destroyed by The Golden throne. Of course this would mean that the chaos gods win but im sure GW will pull something out of their asses to make the universe not implode
>>
File: 20170205_224937.jpg (181KB, 585x1040px) Image search: [Google]
20170205_224937.jpg
181KB, 585x1040px
>>51593440
Isn't it precious?

>>51593436
I wish i could remember all those arms falling off jokes.
>>
>>51593023
>>51592984
>I don't know shit about Ork fluff, The Post, The Sequel
>Don't improve them in a fluffy fun way because I'm obviously a Grav-spam Skyhammer Marinefag, Tau shitter, or Eldar Gouda Lord

At least use a trip so we can filter you.
>>
>>51593459

"FROM HIS SELFLESS ACT THE EYE BECAME BENIGN"
>>
>>51593470
Good job anon we wrote the end of Abbadon
>>
File: this guy.gif (2MB, 380x214px) Image search: [Google]
this guy.gif
2MB, 380x214px
>>51593475
>>
>>51593465
Nice try, I'm a nidsfag
>>
I have ~40 Cadians and some vehicles to prime. Is there an easy way to mass prime them or am I stuck doing it individually?
>>
>>51593493
blow torch
>>
>>51593340
honestly not that bad you could take a goliath instead which would allow everyone inside to shoot out instead of 2 from the hatch and 2 targets with the lasgun arrays, the autocannon is 1 str. higher than the multilaser and twinlinked so I think that might work out better for popping tanks, can ignore status effects on a 4+ and you can assualt out of it if need be. I used 20 neophtyes inside 2 goliaths to deal with the local ork boy who ran nothing but barebone boys/grots.
>>
>>51593493
Prime stick?
>>
>>51593411
>honestly not that bad you could take a goliath instead which would allow everyone inside to shoot out instead of 2 from the hatch and 2 targets with the lasgun arrays, the autocannon is 1 str. higher than the multilaser and twinlinked so I think that might work out better for popping tanks, can ignore status effects on a 4+ and you can assualt out of it if need be. I used 20 neophtyes inside 2 goliaths to deal with the local ork boy who ran nothing but barebone boys/grots.
>>
>>51593493
Add 1.
>>
>>51593493
>What is a rattle can?
>>
>>51593465
I play SoB, and I ask for squat out of mercy.

>>51593424
Oh god Chaos is getting more plot armour than Tau. GW stop writing chaos fluff.
>>
File: d4660.jpg (15KB, 309x174px) Image search: [Google]
d4660.jpg
15KB, 309x174px
>>51593493
>I have ~40 Cadians
>>
>>51593231
Have you actually checked the OP link?
>>
>>51593580
I wish GW made SoB plastic minis, that way we can get Chaos Sisters faster and cheaper
>>
>>51593580
>Ynnead awakens
>Girlyman out of nowhere
>Cypher is a loyalist

>Chaos has the plot armour
>>
>>51593511
Thanks for the input. I have a goliath but I've been lazy and havent put the wheels on yet lol. I may tac them on and roll with that instead.
>>
>>51593276
Changeling please...
>>
>>51593493
a spray can. I use rustoleum painters touch x2 primer. Make sure you do it in the right conditions, test with one model, etc..
>>
What are some fun forgeworld elder units to build and paint ?
>>
>Finish working through most of my Chaos army, got almost everything assembled and painted
>Decide to go work on some of my other armies, start a couple kill teams of other factions, etc.
>Can't stop thinking about potential Chaos conversions

Help
>>
>>51593635
Chaos Chaos Space Marines
>>
Guys! a noobie question here. Should I use gloss black primer on BA or just use a regular black primer ?
>>
>>51593511
I think I'll switch to my goliath and use the extra points to give my acolytes a few hand flamers.

Thanks mang
>>
>>51593367
>Cypher teleports behind Abbadon
And killed by Lictor
"nothing Personnel, man-thing"
>>
>>51593649
Now that's just silly. How can you fall to Chaos if you're already Chaos?
>>
>>51593723
Sorry not possible the lictor has to wait a turn to attack
>>
>>51593598
I was talking about the Dark Imperium and some how Abaddon the non Psyker defeating the chaos gods.

Bad writing is in turbo mode this past 2 editions
>>
>>51593723
>Lictor appears behind cypher
>shot through the back of the head by a deathmark
>"nothing personal fleshbag"
>>
>>51593739
They start worshipping The Emperor
>>
>>51593770
>suddenly a kommando appears behind the deathmark
>statistically misses two thirds of his shots
>"what da zog, I was sold a ruddy shoota!"
>>
>>51593660
Do not use gloss! A primer should be matte.
>>
>>51593190
Sanctus Reach is a step in the right direction, though the movement squares take it down a bit.
>>
>>51593660
NEVER use gloss primer! Ever! I received an entire menoth army that was ruined by a gloss primer.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 495x778px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 495x778px
>>51593276
Anon, do you have something you'd like to tell us?
>>
>>51593905
Isn't gaymachine metal? Unless you got the Not! plastic resine shit
>>
>>51593812
>>51593905

Thank you, this is my first time paint the minis so there are many things I don't know yet.
>>
>>51592296
It's a super gay name for a super gay army.
>>
>>51593590
Yes. There are all 11 Beast Arises books.
>>
>>51593897
Well obviously that's an easy way to simplify movement a bit, I would have liked a bubble to pop up and you could just move them inside or on the edge of that bubble, maybe the bubble turns red when it's a cover roll to show you'll go a random distance
>>
>>51593802
Kek
>>
What ever happened to the imperial truth?
>>
>>51594029
Or at least fucking hexes.

Squares are just cancer.
>>
File: [Chuckleing Intensifies].gif (204KB, 404x416px) Image search: [Google]
[Chuckleing Intensifies].gif
204KB, 404x416px
>>51593772
>>
>>51593649
Would they have three times as many skuls and cardinal symbols on them?
>>
>>51593634
WRAITH SEER
>>
>>51594075
>warhammer 40k the vidya
>base movement is 6 "hexes"
>bolter fires 24 "hexes"
>your random run movement got you five "hexes"

Normies will never know they are playing a table top game
>>
>>51593190
I could imagine them doing a F2P tabletop version that requires you to either buy the models via micro-transactions or buy adding unlock keys to the physical boxes.

Something like giving you a Start Collecting! box of every faction for free when you start the game but having you buy the rest.
>>
>>51594157
but its games workshop so

>Ordinance is manually input
>The blast radius is still a a circle
>the programs forgot to omit the corners of other hexes
>>
What if GW hired From Software to make the next 40k Game?

>Grimdark Souls
>>
>>51594202
40k doesnt fit the Dark Souls mold
>>
>>51594221
it could be like adventure of cookie and cream
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (114KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
114KB, 1920x1080px
>>51594202
I'm tired of souls shit

you want a game I'd ACTUALLY be super excited about? Project Aces: Aeronautica Imperialis. Fly a navy wing against an ork supacarrier fleet on Armageddon.
>>
>>51594186
Include units with physical boxes.
Suddenly incentive to buy from GW store, buy new and buy varied units.
>>
>>51594270
what about Warhammercraft,t he sanbox where ou punch fungus instead of trees
>>
>>51594283
>Buy a physical box get that unit in the game or get some kinda little special unit for your army
>eBaying shit won't be as lucrative

Just hire everyone on /tg/ GW
>>
>>51594283
Exactly my train of thought. Stuff like how the Pokemon card game does it by giving you a booster in the online game when buying a physical booster.
>>
>>51594052
It exists within a few organizations with a tradition of following it such as certain faction of Inquisitors and many Marine chapters. However, without the Emperor or a similar authority to directly advocate it and with the massive Ecclesiarchy teaching the Imperial Creed, it is limited to those traditional organizations. Ultimately religion is and easier and more effective tool of control as well as being easier for the average human to accept in the generally ruthless 40k universe. Plus there are literal living saints and such so maybe the Creed has a point.
>>
>>51594305
>Just hire everyone on /tg/ GW
I've 53 point filter just for 40kg list saying no to that.
>>
Reposting, hoping to take this to local GT's like Killadelphia, Ardboyz, 11th Company and Delawarr

1850 Splinters of Chaos: Luckless Host
The Purge Detachment (Vraks Renegades and Heretics) [Primary Detachment]
HQ
Renegade Command Squad: 1x Arch Demagogue (Ordnance Tyrant, Devotion of Nurgle), 2x Disciples (lasguns), 1x Disciple Autocannon Team

Elites
Renegade Strike Battery: 2x Renegade Wyverns, 2 heavy flamers
Renegade Strike Battery: 2x Renegade Wyverns, 2 heavy flamers

Troops
20x Plague Zombie Mob
21x Plague Zombie Mob

Heavy Support
Renegade Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery: 3x Rapiers, 6x crew, weapons training

Fortification
Aegis Defense Line, quad gun

Combined Arms Detachment (Chaos Daemons; Heralds of Anarchic)
HQ
Herald of Tzeentch, Paradox Psyker, ML3
Herald of Tzeentch, Endless Grimoire Psyker, ML1
7X Herald of Tzeentch, ML1

Allied Detachment (Chaos Space Marines; Word Bearers)
HQ
Sorcerer on palanquin, master level 3, spell familiar, bolt pistol, force sword

Troops
5x Chaos Space Marines
Rhino, death of kasyr lutein

Heavy Support
Fire Raptor, 2 reaper autocannon batteries, 4 balefire missiles

ALL the WC. Most going to getting a Bloodthirster out as well as more bodies, with the grimoire herald and Cursed Earth spell the herald unit get a 2++. Palanquin Sorc takes perils from the Kasyr rhino, 3HP in addition to the wounds from the palanquin it makes the sorcerer ridiculously survivable.
12 AP2 S9 T7 Ordnance, twin linked rapier laser batteries. I don't think there's an amount of armor on the board that can survive this at my point level aside from massed flyers which is honestly what I think I'll have the most problems with.
>>
>>51594331
Well the Saints and such come from the warp so they are pretty much just demons
>>
>>51594352
What's on there?
>>
>>51594352
What filters are you using Famalama
>>
>>51594416
>>51594410
I 'll have to look it up, mostly forced memes and the posts that get repeated every 2-3 threads.
>>
>>51592603

Necrons are very dry to play against and with... Because of a prevalence of a narrow number of monobuilds.

Which is bullshit because nearly everything in the codex is viable, and even the few shit units can be used in a fun way except for C'tan.

C'tan for some reason seem to basically be an Ork monstrous creature.
>>
>>51594467
I think C'tan are just cool to have around in the army. I guess if your playing against some stronger list you wouldn't want to bring it.
>>
>>51593755
Abaddon is a psyker. He has the Mark of Tzeentch.
>>
>>51592257
>the vindicare I just find frustrating because he always misses
BS 10. So to miss you have to roll a 1, followed immediately by another one. chance of a 1=1 in 6. Chance of then rolling another one = 1 in 36.

You just have selective memory, burning into your head all the times it has lost you the game or something important failed to happen because of that. You dont remember the 35 other shots in between. its FAR more likely that shot failed to wound/pen then him missing.
>>
Greetings space cattle, this is a reminder that your rectums belong to Commorragh.
>>
>>51594571
>Commorragh
>Still around
How are the nids and demons suiting you all?
>>
>>51594540
Rubric Marines and spawn also have mark of Tzeentch and they are not psykers.
>>
File: 1470534856505.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470534856505.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>51594202
No. Too slow and it doesn't fit 40k. GW just needs to get Sega's ass in gear and get them to make another Space Marine game. The first one was great. Good art. Good representation of setting. Good representation of weapons, designs, and good hack and slash combat plus good third person shooting combat. Weapons felt balanced. Melee felt visceral. Enemies felt challenging.
It was a great WH40k game that was everything a non-strategy character oriented 40k game should be. Hell, even the writing was pretty good. I liked Titus, and was legit mad when that shitheel Leandros accused him of heresy.
Just make another fucking Space Marine game for fucks sake. It's not too much to ask.
>>
>>51594613
He is either retarded or shitposting.

If a chaosfag then he is retarded.
>>
>>51592603
Everyone says they want to see crons, until they remember that 18 reanimating wraiths is a thing and just as deadly as the day the rules were printed.
>>
>>51594567
Do you actually have the rules for him?
>>
>>51594202
Just play Bloodborne and pretend it's a genestealer cult + the warp doing weird shit.
>>
>>51594634
Is that basically a Nurgle Biker armies?

Personally I like the 3rd edition reanimation for Necrons. Now? It is just another version of FnP
>>
>>51594416
>>51594410
Ah, "only" 39 posts, counted filtered image mD5's with it.
Not sure how many of these things are still a thing.

Ranging from clickbait, spam and words that instantly identify a post as of no value.

/>/^That's it\. I'm sick of all this "/i
/orks are the definitive warrior race/i
/bols/i
/cucd/i
/cuck/i
/lord and saviour/i
/natfka/i
/spiritual liege/i
/themarysue/i
//;\^\}/i
/Aeldari/i
/Excuse me,/i
/natfka/i
/Night Lords theme song/i
/reminder/i
/Sniper HQ/i
/themarysue/i
/Why do people like AdMech/i
/>BS 2/i
/>i2/
/>is the worst primarch/i
/Age of Emperor/i
/Age of the Emperor/i
/For the worst/i
/HFY/i
/Humanity Fuck Yeah/i
/magically transported/i
/Orks are a melee race/i
/Quick! You have/i
/stat her/i
/stat him/i
/stat it/i
/stat me/i
/Stat them/i
/stat us/i
/The war is over, Diocletian/i
/This is how i/
/Trump/
/Ultramarines are the best chapter/i
>>
>>51592824
>>51592842
>>51592914

You turds have never played against a properly bulit all walker ork list. Sure if you know beforehand you can list tailor with 300 lascannons. If you DONT you are fucked, and unlike a knight list, there is more than enough robits running around to cap points and to keep from being tied up by chaff all game.
>>
>>51594617
I think hopes of more space marine games went down with THQ
>>
>>51594571
Commoragh is kill, Vect is acting worse, join us in the Ynnari.
>>
>>51594691
Except allowed against ID weapons with a +1 penalty, and they have 3++
>>
>>51594700
the last one is completely accurate, though
>>
>>51594700
>/Ael dari/i

Was this because of that one guy the last bunch of threads?
>>
>>51594709
Fuck you. That's bullshit. We have Dawn of War III.
>>
Game thursday at LGS, wondered what you guy thought of my list. Trying something new.

1500 Points, no formations, no artifacts (LGS rules)

HQ 200
Overlord /w Phylactery, Warscythe and Mindshackle Scarabs
Lord /w Phylactery, Voidblade and GoF

Troops 600
10 Warriors
10 Warriors
10 Immortals /w Gauss
10 Immortals /w Gauss

Elite 140
5 Praetorians /w Rods

Fast Attack 120
3 Wraiths

Heavy Support 55
Spyder /w Fabricators

Vehicles 385
Annihilation Barge /w Gauss
Nightscythe
Triarch Stalker /w TL Heavy Gauss

Praetorians and Lord go into the Nightscythe
Overlords with a group of Warriors
>>
Any good chinaman in ebay pls?
>>
>>51594741
Pretyt much all are because of some "one guy".

Part fo the reason I personally would love a forved (anonymized) ID, so you have to stand by you shitposts and carry the stink around with you.
>>
>>51594744
And look at how shitty it is.
>>
File: deathstrike.jpg (391KB, 1100x1517px) Image search: [Google]
deathstrike.jpg
391KB, 1100x1517px
Anyone have experience playing with or against deathstrikes? I kinda want to get one to ally in for a genestealer cult for more supervillainy.
>>
>>51594761
>no artifacts
what? why?
>>
>>51594767
no, they are all polish.
>>
>>51594744
DoW3 looks even worse than DoW2. It's a shit storm. It'll probably die after only a couple months.
>>
>>51594778
See, this is how you end up with reddit.
>>
>>51594702
I play SoB what I use is list tailored against Ork.

My troops are Flamer heavy and it's tranpsort has multi melta
Fast are deepstriking flamers and outflanking meltaguns
Heavy is long range meltas and heavy bolter galor.

Sorry no, maybe biker Orks and Mekk guns can do it. Other wise unless I tailor my list to make it easy for Orks they autofail. It fucking sucks
>>
I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but just saw that in the preview for Fracture on Black Library there's a small communique between inquisitors talking about the Damocles area. They mention the reconquest of Agrellan and that the Tau's invasion fleet has been swallowed by sentient flaming warp storms which have emerged from the burning gulf.

Guess GW heard /tg/ and erased the Tau's only major military victory off screen.
>>
>>51594467
Necrons seem to have a lot of fast units and fun builds, I have like 5 lists made up that all seem fun and viable and all very different

>>51594567
Okay well lets straighten some shit up, first off he's BS8 so there's a 1/12 chance of him missing, second of all I have used him in about 7-8 games, 4 of them he missed a shot, and if you miss a shot he's literally just worthless for a turn, a 150 pt model, worthless. Then there's the issue that he can only do a single wound half the time to a model that has an invuln (read any model worth sniping) or if you're sniping special weapons and stuff he still fails to wound on a one (which makes him a little worse than 1/12 to do nothing), and yeah he sucks with vehicles because his turbo cock round usually will only do one HP to any heavy armour with a tiny tiny chance to explode

Basically the stuff he's good at killing won't get him his points back or be useful enough and the stuff he's not as good at killing is the only stuff worth his time

He's an ineffeciant unit that can sometimes just suck his dick for a turn instead of doing anything, imo the other assassins also suffer from being point sinks and work as better "fun units"
>>
>>51594807
Read Mont'ka.
>>
>>51592603
Necrons are infuriating to play against for a few reasons:

1. Reanimation Protocols. when your baseline infantry unit generally has a 1 in 3 chance of telling whatever you just hit it with to fuck off, your army is pretty tough. when you have an FS detachment that boats this to 1 in 2, you have an army that will basically never get tabled. many players find this aggravating.

2. Quantum Shielded Skimmers. nowhere else in 40k will you find AV13 all-around vehicles that can jink. again, high survivability and really annoying to deal with.

3. Gauss. an army whose basic infantry unit is also their best and most cost effective solution to pretty much every big, awesome, super-killy unit other armies can offer can be extremely frustrating to fight.

in general, while Necrons aren't necessarily unbalanced, they have a lot of rules and abilities designed specifically to make other armies' cool shit not work. they're the Fun Police. they come in and say 'no. no more of that. time for boring now.'
>>
>>51594778
>so you have to stand by you shitposts and carry the stink around with you.
Because that works so well for /pol/, right?
Only way that could ever really work was if we went full username, but that would go against everything that defines 4chan.
>>
>>51594784

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't matter, the guys at the LGS are actually their for fun, and don't mine the no artifacts rules.

The last tourney there was going to be custom rule that if you secured a relic, one of your HQs equipped item became an artifact if it had an upgraded choice. Like Ressurection orb and orb of eternity. It got goofy during test games so they pitched it but it was a nice idea.
>>
>>51594807
Bahahah.
>>
>>51594825
This is in Fracture, it comes after Mont'ka, these are new developments.

Did Mont'ka mention that the burning Gulf has fused with Warp Storms to become sentient flaming Warp Storms?
>>
File: UzwanBa.jpg (234KB, 1252x876px) Image search: [Google]
UzwanBa.jpg
234KB, 1252x876px
>>51594714
Wait... is this a verified new faction? Where dark eldar and elder come together?
>>
>>51594792
idc, even if they're gypsies, i just want a deredeo
>>
>>51594767
Couple from Hong Kong have decent casts.
>>
>>51594874
Yes. It's a new subfaction but its only unique units are the Triumvirate. Everything else is drawn from the three existing Eldar codices.
>>
>>51594874
and harlequins
>>
>>51594780
Played against one a couple of times. Never actually seen it work, once I accidentally destroyed it with a Dunecrawler missing the Basilisk near it, and the other my ally killed it, which was a bit of a dick move. It did scare the shit out of us, we were spacing out everything loads.

Big problem if you want to use it as proper killing tool is that it doesn't actually do much after it fires or before it, so you play the game, once take a giant missile, then either lose because it hit something important or keep going because it didn't. It's an excellent supervillain weapon, and it's not like you need more ways to tie up threats. For best results, aim it somewhere where it will catch a few models of yours, just for that proper"expendable minion" feel.
>>
>>51594883
mind you to link please?
>>
>>51594874
Haemonculi fucking hate the Ynnari though. Enough to fight against them at the same time as they fight Slaaneshis.
>>
>>51592062
Yes!!!
Prophet of the 8th, guiding Demon Abby!!
>>
>>51594821
this is mostly correct. I've goths the best user for the Vindicare to be the following:

>TEQ popping
TEQ have the highest point density in the game. usually a squad of Termies will have one or two models with special weapons, like cyclone launchers or Sergeants. the Vindicare can pick off these high value one wound models very well.
>AT support
one shot and 'only' AP2 notwithstanding, the Vindicare can punch holes in tanks from further away and with better accuracy than almost any other model for his price. and remember he ignores cover. he may only rock a 45% chance to damage AV14, but you will be hard pressed to find another Imperial unit that can get that good a chance for that price from up to 6 feet away.

in short, he's actually very good at what he does. but he's still just one guy.
>>
File: 1485420182761.png (1022KB, 800x1142px) Image search: [Google]
1485420182761.png
1022KB, 800x1142px
>>51594807
>GW heard /tg/ and erased the Tau's only major military victory off screen
good

also sentient flaming warp storms sound badass as fuck
>>
>>51594937
>I've found the best use
it really need to stop relying on autocorrect.
>>
>>51594891
>>51594892
>>51594910
What's their backstory?
>>
>>51594673
Bloodborne as a 20 hour tops game is better than 20 years of warhammer lore and gameplay. It's a fucking miracle warhammer has survived.
>>
>>51594937
>but you will be hard pressed to find another Imperial unit that can get that good a chance for that price from up to 6 feet away
I'm fairly certain a predator annihilator will do a better job of it, for less points. And annihilators aren't that great.

AV13 is also more comforting a defense than T4, considering the snipe man has lost his stealth suit.
>>
>>51594829
Now I'm not making a judgment on you even passive aggressively, but I played necrons when I was new and had the same conplaints, when I was a little less Newbish I played them again and knew how to handle their immortal bullshit

>warriors
Yeah honestly I have no argument, it's like your entire front line army is terminators for cheep cheep points, but they aren't immortal, and guardsmen with make them run in CC, against a close combat army they suck dick (so both of them)

>quantum skimmers
Lance exists, but for other monkey races I feel like any list that doesn't have several ways to deal wit AV 13-14 is asking for it, same for having a unit that ignores cover for jink, for example I play guard and have 4-6 S9-10 cover ignoring pie plates and one laser battery that also ignores cover, but guard is special because it can do that but every army has a way around high armour and cover

>gauss
The fact that your infantry can rip apart any vehicle is pretty insane, but people who say it makes knights and wraithknights worthless against you have not done the math, it takes like 100 gauss shots to kill a knight with it's Sheilds up, and about the same for a wraithknight, that's potentially several turns of your entire army firing at one unit (if you're entire army is in range) , not very efficient

Not a necron apologist but they aren't as invincible as some people think
>>
>>51594964
Yvraine appeared, fucked up literally everything, Biel-Tan is kill and now most of the surviving Eldar are following her on the warpath to fully awaken Ynnead because she claims not everyone has to die to do so.

Dissident Eldar like Vect are currently busy fucking off and doing their own think. Unless they're Biel-Tan, in which case they're mostly dead or converted.
>>
Do you think I might be able to get a decent cashout on my Eldar army?

Getting out since no plastic aspects and growing stigma on the army.

Models are either painted well, primed, or unpainted.

2 metal autarchs
2 farseers
gw metal avater
converted treeman avatar
20 Dire avengers
2x5 Banshees w exarch metal)
10 Scorpions (primed green finecast)
2x5 Warp Spiders w exarch (finecast)
5 Dark reapers w exarch (metal)
6 custom shadow spectres
6 Rangers
6 windriders, shuricats
2x Wave serpents w scat
1x fire prism/death spinner magnetized
1x Grav falcon starcannon
2 wraithlords, swords no guns.
vypers.
>>
>>51594631
>>51594613
Rubricae are psykers. Didn't you read about the Scarab Rubrics? What the fuck man?
>>
>>51595012
Maybe although you don't have the common WAACtools so you'll be targeting collectors really.

Not a britbong, by any chance? I'd actually be interested in some of it myself
>>
>>51595008
This maybe a stupid question, but will this make the dark eldar useless now? From a lore perspective
>>
>>51594944
Honestly I'm fine with it too, since it means people can't complain anymore, Tau now join the other races in having no major wins against the Imperium so hopefully that'll stop all the whining

Agree about the warp storms too, sounds awesome
>>
>>51594937
>at support

Guardfag here, after playing with S9-10 pieplates that are ordinance, armoured, and shoot from over 15' away he seems underwhelming for anti tank
>>
>>51595060
More or less. Oh, I forgot to mention that Khaine's Gate burst and Commorragh is a daemon funhouse now, again because of Yvraine. So... Yup.

Vect and the covens are building Neocommorragh though.
>>
File: Tau-Assassin.jpg (344KB, 800x1428px) Image search: [Google]
Tau-Assassin.jpg
344KB, 800x1428px
>>51592218
>>
>>51595002
Another shitty thing is they have absolutely no access to psykers, not even from allies

So no invisible necron deathsquads, no twin linking shit, removes a lot of possible cheese theybhave to try and make up for
>>
>>51593071
I don't see anything illegal about it
>>
>>51595060
He's exaggerating. Craftworlds and kabals are resisting the whole ynnead shit in their own ways. From what we've seen Vect has made commorragh 2 and will likely be continuing his own shit there.
>>
>>51594998
>predator Annihilator
twin linked bs4 makes an 88.88% chance to hit, which is less than the Vindicare's 91.67%. and S9 only has a 1/3 chance to fame AV14. together they give a Predator a 30% chance to damage AV14 (29.6% specifically).

and the lascannons only reach out to 48" and don't ignore cover.

the predator is arguably more survivable, depending on what cover you put the assassin in, but the assassin is almost certainly more killy.
>>
>>51595060
With Commorragh gone they've taken an enormous hit to both their population, industry and mobility, greatly decreasing any practical military power they have

In addition the remaining Dark Eldar under Vect have put themselves explicitly opposed to the dominant forces in the Webway right now (Daemons and the Ynnari) making their situation even more tenous. Adding futher problems the Ynnari have decided to give the Imperium more access to the Webway (they always had access via the Exhubris portal but now they have more) meaning the small remaining Dark Eldar are largely fucked
>>
>>51595084
>5 fingers
>feet
What did the Taufag mean by this?
>>
>>51594964
Ynnead (Eldar god of the dead) is partially formed by Eldrad and a bunch of Harlequins who steal a whole load of crystal Farseers and suck up a bunch of souls from all the Infinity circuits to feed to this thing to wake it up and kill Slaanesh without needing the whole of the Eldar race to die.

Deathwatch intervene and end the ritual before it's completion, so only a fraction of it is created, it eventually contacts a Craftworlde Warlock turned Commorite Wych who becomes his sort of Herald, Yvraine.

Yvraine is killed in the fighting pits and brought back to life by Ynnead, but doing so makes Khaine's gate explode due to psyker powers.

Yvraine is rescued by the Visarch, an Exarch turned warrior of Ynnead, and they escape to Biel-Tan, and proceed to break the Infinity Circuit, busting Biel-Tan open and turning it into a fleet.

Avatar of Ynnead is born and starts smacking Chaos around. They go rescue Eldrad from his trial and then raid a Croneworld for magic swords.

Then they start collecting followers, eventually culminating in them rescuing a bunch of Imperials and using their death powers to revive Guilliman.

During all this, a fuckload of Eldar of all sorts join up because they see Ynnead as the last hope of the Eldar. Because if they can strengthen Ynnead enough they can restore their reencarnation cycle and never have to fear Slaanesh again.
>>
>>51595056
Dane, and yeah it's pretty much 0 cheese, hell haven't used any of the farseers ad such and the wind riders are just shining spear stand-ins.

Got into Eldar cause i like aspect power rangers.
>>
>>51595096
What ever happened to the super nids? I heard about them being in their but we dont seem to have any information about them at all.
>>
>>51595098
You forgot the sponsons.

Annihilator's got three lascannons, for ten points less than the vindicare.
>>
>>51595084
Wow that looks really good, I'm not even being sarcastic
>>
>>51594202
New CEO will nver sold license to AAA 40k game
>>
>>51592309
>I would like more because the model is fun but I don't want to be a waacfag

Pick up a Ghostkeel, then. Shit's cool.
>>
>>51595113
Obviously a engineered creature.
Possibly a captured individual directed with neural implants and electric charges.

Also explaind why it's AoC with Tau.
>>
File: Tiex1-headon.jpg (86KB, 950x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tiex1-headon.jpg
86KB, 950x600px
>>51594270
>Aeronautica
>>
>>51595124
we don't know

All people know about this book is from some leaks and a livestream GW held. Once the full book drops we'll certainly get a tidal wave of information/crying.
>>
>>51595115
>Avatar of Ynnead is born and starts smacking Chaos around
Explain, I've heard nothing of this
>>
>>51595146
Hmm i thought the most recent white dwarf would of released something. Damn
>>
>>51594874
>Wait... is this a verified new faction?
It's verified as only existed important faction of space elves.
>>
>>51595153
They have several battles with Slaaneshi daemons and other Chaos forces, they win those battles.
>>
File: 1465738998640.png (2MB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1465738998640.png
2MB, 681x1024px
>>51595153
>>
>>51595188
Thin your paints
>>
>>51595166
>>51595128
Get your present tense in order.
>>
File: db1988b61ad617fd6980e0db50b2da16.jpg (161KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
db1988b61ad617fd6980e0db50b2da16.jpg
161KB, 1600x1067px
>>51595144
It's the superior game and I hate FW for discontinuing it

>>51595157
Technically we did get information there, but it's bare bones. Also a couple of very thick individuals are crying about stuff that doesn't happen regardless.
>>
Anons, I just got a box of Centurions for my Imperial Fists. Why are grav cannons considered better on them when the range is so much shorter?
I already have a unit of lascannon devastators and a unit of grav cannon devastators, but what then would be the best load out for devastator centurions to complement a list?
>>
>>51595175
Explain then, what battles
>>
>>51595208
Range doesn't matter when they are inside a drop pod
>>
>>51595208
>Why are grav cannons considered better
more shots
>>
>>51592194
When used with an airbrush, that stuff is ace. Try and do it in a dry place like a garage and ventilate or wear a mask.
>>
Hey guys, i'm diving in to 40k. Tyranids look sweet so i'm getting them. Any advice on what to get or what i should be looking out for?
>>
>>51595318
Look out for getting Tyranids.
>>
>>51595340
ouch
>>
File: 4234234234.png (213KB, 880x386px) Image search: [Google]
4234234234.png
213KB, 880x386px
>>
>>51595126
that's one shot with a 29% chance plus two that aren't twin linked, overall you get close to 75% chance to deal one hull point.

again though I need to point out that the predator can't ignore cover, and since you're firing three shots instead of one your opponent gets 3 rolls instead of none.

AND you get 4 feet of range instead of 6.

also the Vindicare's easier to add to an army, since on his own he's a detachment. the Predator had to come in a detachment of Marines.
>>
>>51595318
No worries mate, just get what you like and they should be painted just in time for 8th edition to come out and save/destroy the game
>>
>>51595318
>do you play for fun?
Buy anything except Warriors (if you can help it). I've heard the Tyranid swam box is a good starting point.

>want to play any shade of competitive?
Flying Hive Tyrants and basically nothing but except for maybe a Mawloc or three.
>>
>>51592292
My worst nightmare is pointless stories like this which are far from my worst nightmare.
Maybe stick with >YFW
>>
>>51595175
No, they lose some battles.
>>
>>51595361
Yeah a couple years is plenty of time to completely forget about the hobby
>>
>>51595318
Depends on how much you care about winning really. If you actually want to stand a chance you will need atleast 2 or 3 Flying Hive Tyrants and plenty of mucliod spores. If you just want to have fun fluffy matches then youll could use a few boxes of gants Termagants are the better of the two but its your choice really. Zoanthropes help with building Synapse and can blow open enemy vehicles if they arent shot to pieces right away. Tervigons are pretty fun to have in games along with exocrines.
>>
>>51595318
No pyrovores no matter how neat the model is
>>
>>51595318
Tyranids are generally believed to be in a bad state, over-costed, under-powered units.
But, and this is a big BUT, that's by competitive standards. For standard and friendly matches they are actually not terrible, you can go full gribbly spam or a nid-zilla list generally, mixing them can sometimes work but you have to be careful which units you mix together and which upgrades you take. And always take crushing claws on Carnifexes.
>>
>>51595360
>AND you get 4 feet of range instead of 6.
I mean technically yes, but that's basically irrelevant.

75% to 90% is closer than I thought. I imagine the predator ekes out against AV13 and under and, more importantly, against monstrous creatures thanks to the extra shots.
>>
>>51592296
>Implying people don't sleep
I spammed this thread for weeks about Curze being a demon prince and days with the Night Lords theme song, and never got banned.
>>
>>51595213
Dunno exactly yet. Book's not out. All I know is that they do, and they win.
>>
>>51595520
Mods and janitors are night lord fans.
>>
>>51595539
How do you know then? We know certain things for sure, this isn't one of them. At current we have no confirmations of the Yncarne winning any battles against anyone
>>
>>51594821
What about shieldbreaker. Taking somethings invun save away is invaluable.
>>
Do i really need to read the Lore to play this game it all seems so boring but the models look nice.
>>
Goddammit, I just want to field a C'tan shard for shits and giggles, but I can't find ANYWHERE selling the plastic one from the Tesseract Vault kit on it's own.
>>
>>51595662
It doesn't do that anymore. It only ignores the save for that shot, except the shot still wounds on a 4+ so it's a total crapshoot.
>>
>>51595474
if we're against Monstrous Creatures then the assassin swaps to Hell fire rounds, which wound on a 2+, making his shots effectively S12.

against any MC he wounds 76.39% of the time. the Predator averages 2.22 hits, and assuming no cover, will wound more against any MC of Toughness less than 10 (T10 eats 0.74 wounds, T9 eats 1.11).

Against AV13 the predator does indeed perform better, but again this assumes no cover.

basically, you've correctly illustrated that bouncing dice is the way of thworking game in 40k. the Vindicare Assassin bounces dice harder than anybody, but he only bounces one.

As a Marine player a Predator is probably the better investment, due to toughness and shot count. the point I was trying to make is that he is actually very very good at what he does...but he still only fires one shot.

if you're trying to pick a Ministorum Priest out from a 50-man blob of guardsmen, though...there's no one better.
>>
>>51595365
what's wrong with warriors, they look cool and seem good statwise
>>
>>51595662
I agree taking 3++ and 2++ rerolling shit is amazing
50% chance to wound with a single shot and all those rapists with crazy invulns have multiple wounds, and you can only statistically do 3 wounds over the course of the entire game
>>
>>51595709
They are so vulnerable to instant death that they just aren't worth using. Their cost makes them a massive target and they are taken down too easily for that cost, too.
>>
>>51595451
claws on carnifexes, check
>>
>>51595132

I'm not sure how I could work a Ghostkeel and a Riptide into 1000 points without me feeling really cheap

Not a big fan of massive games of 40k (prefer Gates of Antares for that due to how turns work) 1000 is like my limit
>>
>>51595751
One Ghostkeel as the centerpiece of a 1000 point army could be fine. The Tau haters here love to shit on the big mechs but as suits go the Ghostkeel is probably among the more balanced big ones. Ignore the autists that complain about it, it's only OP in a formation, so just don't bring that formation.

A Riptide at that level could be a little dickish, though.
>>
I need Good books about tyrands. Any suggestions?
>>
>>51595783

I might get one, I like how the hatch opens up so you can see the dude inside

I really want to run a full mecha army but I fear it would be far too cheesey
>>
>>51595825

If you keep it low-key and don't use the bullshit formations, it could be okay. For 1k, a Ghostkeel, a few units of Crisis suits, maybe a broadside would be decent.
>>
>>51595735
>>51595451

>Taking claws on carnifexes
>Not taking TLDs

Bait
>>
>>51595825
Don't worry so much about it. You might get someone shittalking you IRL, and probably many more on here, but as long as you aren't spamming Riptides or Optimized Stealth Cadre there's really not much for anyone to get mad at.
>>
New memes
>>51595935
New skub
>>51595935
New Duncan
>>51595935
>>
>>51595922

I just don't want to be that guy. There is a couple of people who are WAACfags at my store so I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't feel so bad having a riptide with optimised stealth cadre and some crisis suits vs them
>>
>>51595801
>good books
>about tyranids
pick one
>>
File: d3639.jpg (42KB, 375x383px) Image search: [Google]
d3639.jpg
42KB, 375x383px
>>51594779
>>51594794
Shut. The. Fuck. UP
>>
>>51595199
>It's the superior game
it's dead game.
>>
>>51595002
>takes like 100 gauss shots to kill a knight with it's Sheilds up
specifically it takes 12 Gauss hits, which rounds out to 36 hits overall, and thus 54 shots. this can be done by 28 necrons. not so large a number.

in reference to everything else, yes, once you know how to use their weaknesses against them, like their CQC vulnerability and VERY poor ability to deal with cover, they're not so bad.

but my point was that against NEW players they're a harsh, unforgiving fight, and Shandy all players they have a lot of abilities that revolve around draining the fun from the match. with Necrons the best solution is to hit them as hard as you can, as much as you can - an old-fashioned slugfest.

this is also a very boring way to play unless you're Guard and so it all the time.

for reference, I play Guard exclusively.
>>
>>51596318
>Shandy
that's not how you spell 'against', autocorrect. go home your drunk.
>>
>>51595911
wait what?
>>
File: YDNlqA7.jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
YDNlqA7.jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
Which race has the best fluff
Which race (other than 'nids) has the worst?
>>
>>51596027
fanboy harder. It won't save your shit game.
How's it gonna feel when there are more bad DoW titles than good ones?
>>
Anyone play Epic 40k here?
>>
>>51594617
Enemies felt challenging
ENEMIES FELT CHALLENGING
ENEMIES
FELT
CHALLENGING
Which fucking ones? Was there ever anything besides fucking orks? It kept building to some inevitable chaos stuff but I was bored to tears spamming the same melted finishers and the same generic pew pew guns through something like 8 hours of gameplay that I just stopped. It was the most stale, bland, boring shooter I have ever played. I've suffered through sniper, you fuck. Through God damn ghost warrior.
>>
File: 1454935132196.png (936KB, 650x822px)
1454935132196.png
936KB, 650x822px
>>51596429
>Which race has the best fluff
Highest quality per published works Orks.

Marines has some great hits but that's easy when you shooting scattershot.
>>
>>51594779
Yes, let me just go play this unreleased game to remind myself of how unfinished and unpolished it is. Hohehoheho, clever man, I've out clevered you!
>>
>>51596931
>not watching the gameplay videos
Nice.

>i-i-it's not the f-finished product!
Their art direction is unlikely to change, the VOs are pretty much set, and the writing has already been finalized. It's shit, and the gameplay was doomed from the beginning unless you're some sort of shit-taste MOBAphile.
>>
>>51596931
>This dumpster appears to be on fire, I'd better dive in to confirm it.
>>
tyranids have too many arms, this requires a lot of magnets.
>>
>>51596994
>>51597006
>analogies
/v/ fuck off. how about the game actually comes out so we know
>>
>>51598768
>they must be from /v/ if they hate MOBA
Think what you like. I'll still be here to tell you it's shit after the game's out, too.
>>
>>51598795
like you aren't some /v/irgin crossboarder, pls. I can see right through you.
Thread posts: 366
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.