[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my friend finally convinced me to try Magic, so I picked up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1474250044069.png (342KB, 768x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474250044069.png
342KB, 768x480px
So my friend finally convinced me to try Magic, so I picked up one of these.

I suddenly want to get more cards. This feels like a big mistake. Just how expensive IS magic?
>>
>>51590588
As expensive as you want it to be
>>
File: M1zjae9.jpg (161KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
M1zjae9.jpg
161KB, 1440x810px
M:tG is super, super expensive. you'll also be showering bunch of sjws with money.

why not just stick to netdecking?
>>
>>51590588
ahahahahah

ahhhhahahahahah

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HE FELL FOR THE JEWISH CARDBOARD CRACK MEME
>>
>>51590612
>why not just stick to netdecking?
That's how you spend the most
>>
>>51590588
Just spend money on fnm, you get new cards and the huge amount of money you spend on it is in small doses allowing you to think you're ok
>>
>>51590624
there's more options than Magic Online
>>
>>51590639
I feel like you don't know what netdecking is.
>>
>>51590639

Netdecking =/= playing online

That being said, OP, if a friend convinced you to play casually and you want to get more cards, just do it. You'll see how deep this goes soon, but until you do, just enjoy the ride
>>
>>51590588
See, this is why I play solely at the kitchen table. Proxies are so much cheaper.
>>
>>51590657
>Proxies
I'm sorry, I'm unfamiliar with that term.
>>
>>51590747
A proxy is a printing of a card or any other way of saying that a card is in your deck without you having the actual card
Like putting a piece of paper with the name of a card in the sleeve of a basic land to represent that card
Or like my sleeved printing of my Wurmcoil Engine masterpiece to avoid damaging the actual card
>>
>>51590588
It depends entirely on how competitive you want to be.

If you dream of competitive play and going to tournaments every week, be ready to shell out $250 at the low end for standard. Other formats have higher barriers to entry but lower maintenance costs.

BUT, if you're only wanting to play at the kitchen table with your friends for fun? That's cheap. Depending on the scenario you may only ever have to pay like $30 and be set for years.
>>
>>51590588
It's literally more expensive than being addicted to heroin. I mean that, my Magic expenses are easily x10 my drug expenses.

I can afford it because I'm loaded, but I recommend you don't get into it if you are on a tight budget. At the very least resort to proxies. THEN its worth it.
>>
>>51590612
I find it difficult to understand how you think you have any authority to give OP advice when you clearly have no fucking clue what you are talking about
>>
>>51590610
Fbpb
>>
>>51590588
It is a big mistake.
It's retardedly expensive.
Worse yet, the players have a huge complex over their sunken costs and will actually defend how expensive it is.
>>
File: 1464650244423.jpg (230KB, 1600x1123px) Image search: [Google]
1464650244423.jpg
230KB, 1600x1123px
It's already too late anon, especially if you adore decks that are form over functionality like I do.
THEMED DECKS FOR DAAAAAAYS
>>
>>51590588
Won't be long before you will be justifying $100 single-card purchases.

I'm telling you.
>>
You just got hooked on cardboard crack son. Red Black (RB) or mono B aggra are pretty cheap and oddly good in standard. Don't listen to people telling you you NEED to spend ~$300 for standard. Maybe start with draft it cost $10-15 and really helps tou learn to play.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.