[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Why do people constantly shout "fire" when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 51

File: 1446576822391.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1446576822391.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>"Why do people constantly shout "fire" when they're using bows? What does "fire" mean to a medieval archer? He would probably think there's an actual fire somewhere and would try to extinguish it with a bucket of sand. The word fire belongs to the age of firearms, the medieval archers were using bows, not gunpowder. The correct words to use are shoot, loose or release. So stop shouting fire, it's really annoying and ruins the immersion."

Is Lindybeige correct /tg/?
>>
>>51580147
Report, Sage, and hide thread. We can ignore, we can fight these threads, and we can win.
>>
File: 34b[1].png (761KB, 898x692px) Image search: [Google]
34b[1].png
761KB, 898x692px
>>51580147
I refer to my old flowchart:

1. Is Britain in any way related to the subject being discussed?
>Yes: He's wrong
>No: Go to question 2

2. Is France in any way related to the subject being discussed?
>Yes: He's wrong
>No: Go to question 3

3. Does the subject related to ancient or medieval warfare?
>Yes: There's a solid chance he has a point.
>No: He's wrong

In this case we can answer all three questions with "yes", and as the flowchart predicted he actually has a point. That doesn't mean he's "right" though, as complaining about arrows being "fired" in a casual gaming group is downright autistic. Perhaps you can bring it up in casual conversation (in one of those "did you know?" moments) but actively policing your players on this is stupid.
>>
>>51580147
Depends. At my table we use "let them fly/loose", but it can only ruin immersion if the rest of the players know AND care about it, same as using anachronistic armor.
>>
>>51580253
He's right though. "fire" did not get used until gunpowder had outphased the crossbow.
>>
>>51580290

Whether he's right or not is pretty irrelevant IMO. It's a pretty basic, well-known use of the term even if it's anachronistic. Only the hopelessly autistic would have any actual problem with it.
>>
>>51580315
>Only the hopelessly autistic would have any actual problem with it.
and now you've cut to the heart of the issue
>>
>>51580315
Well yeah.
so what?
Being autistic over your pet peeves is kinda what we all do and enjoy.
>>
>>51580290
>He's right though.
Read my post. This is one of those "correct, but not right" situations.
>>
File: mememan.jpg (5KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
mememan.jpg
5KB, 250x237px
stop
>>
fuck off lindy
>>
>>51580147
Is this guy trying to force himself here or what?
>>
>>51580480
He's trying more than Varg at this point
>>
>>51580345
Which is exactly why Female Space Marines should exist.
>>
>>51580147
On a technical, literal level regarding certain periods, yes.

However, I would argue that immersion is heavily reliant on the values of the person being immersed. If your group is primarily people with an average-for-tg knowledge of medieval and ancient military jargon, the word "fire" is likely not going to affect their experience in this context. If your group is filled with Lindybeiges, then maybe it will.

Regardless, applying one rule to the entirety of groups is dumb.
>>
>>51580147
Is he autistic or something? I know that's just a buzzword now but it seems he's incapable of letting little things go or reading between the lines. He doesn't get Initiative, and doesn't get that people who play RPGs aren't necessarily historians. A game made to be played by 3 to 6 people isn't the same thing as a documentary presented as fact.
>>
>>51580147
Holy fuck, lindybeige was right about something! Mark this day on your calendars, anons.
>>
>>51580677
He just makes a show to get some views.
Seriously, it seems you saw his "rant" about D&D - he superficially run through it, and went with the most popular opinion (bash 4e, that is). Maybe he was autistic with his older videos, but nowadays there is nothing much to it.
>>
Papa Lindy should just make his own simulationist historical RPG set in the Hundred Year's War already. Nothing but martial classes, no superhuman abilities, and historical inaccuracies kept to a minimum.

This would not only end his videos on such subjects, but provide a containment general thread for all the people who actually give a shit about such things.
>>
>>51580718
Yeah, and Virt hated Dungeon World. Some of the reviews for rpg systems on his Tumblr make some good points. Doesn't stop him from being the biggest asshole on the planet.
>>
>>51580253
>>Yes: There's a solid chance he has a point.
Solid chance? No, maybe a 30% at best. After how wrong he was on pikes and halberds, he's not trustworthy.
>>
>>51580253
>actively policing your players on this is stupid.

As opposed to creating your own flow chart to work out if you think he's right or not and not bothering to do your own research...
>>
File: karldisagrees.jpg (24KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
karldisagrees.jpg
24KB, 500x291px
>>51580596
Shut your filthy whore mouth!
>>
File: 1484222699871.png (44KB, 841x398px) Image search: [Google]
1484222699871.png
44KB, 841x398px
>>51580820
>A five minute asspulled meme for comedic purposes is comparable to Lindy's autism
Fuck off Lindybeige

>>51580771
>simulationist historical RPG set in the Hundred Year's War
By the guy who believes England won the Hundred Year's War. I'd play it, just to see what kind of longbow wanking fuckfest it'd turn out to be.
>>
>>51580771
>rules-heavy simulationist game with no turns or initiative because "oi come on m8 i'm not gonna stand still while 'es swingin at me"

Sounds like a clusterfuck
>>
>>51580182
What he said
>>
reminder that Lindybeige claims:

>no one used swords, axes
>no one used horses
>no one used throwing knives
>no one used double strap arm shields
>no one used scythes
>no one used mail coifs
>no one used torches
>Pikemen didn't fight each other
>no one spoke French during the French revolution
>no one spoke Latin during the Roman Republic
>battle of Zama didn't happen
>Romans carried one pilum
>Vikings weren't real
>berserkers weren't real
>climate change isn't real
>stagnant social mobility isn't real
>castles were defended by three soldiers
>butted mail is better than riveted mail
>operation market garden was a success
>Napoleon was literally Hitler
>The Churchill was the best tank in WWII
>The English won the Hundreds Years' War
>british naval guns on Malta could lanuch projectiles into space
>>
Remember fuckers to sage if you are posting
>>
>>51580810
How wrong was he on Halberds?
>>
>>51580906
>no one used swords

laughinglegionary.jpg
>>
File: Be gone and stay gone.webm (499KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Be gone and stay gone.webm
499KB, 480x360px
>>51580147
>>
>>51580906
>>The Churchill was the best tank in WWII
Cromwell, mate. He claims Cromwell was the best

Which is exactly the same kind of bullshit as Churchill statement, but oh well, at least now you know his full claim made after extra deliberation.
>>
>>51581094
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5x0Jlxl9uU&t=930s
He says it was Churchill and he's actually correct.
>>
File: 2.png (186KB, 298x423px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
186KB, 298x423px
>>51581287
>Not saging
>>
>>51581287
It was lacking in slopped armour, undergunned, but mainly was built with the idea of fighting WW1 all over again and couldn't do anything but support an infantry attack because it was so goddamned slow.
>>
>>51580906
>no one used scythes
War scythes (read: shitty glaives made from old scythes) saw use, but weren't very good.
No one fought with actual scythes and you'd be dumb to try. They're awkward and heavy.
>>
File: 102313_1.1.jpg (75KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
102313_1.1.jpg
75KB, 900x600px
>>51581494
>Samefagging own post to try make a shitstorm
>Still not saging
You're going to try to hit the bump limit with samefaggotry or what?
>>
File: 317.png (90KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
317.png
90KB, 500x501px
>>51581544
>Literally reposting answer to reposted list of shit Shittybeige claimed
1) Stop making those threads
2) Sage
>>
>>51581561
This is my second time visiting a Lindybeige thread, and my first time posting in one.
As it turns out, I'm not the only other person on the internet.
>>
>>51580147

>"Why do people constantly shout "shoot" when they're using bows? What does "shoot" mean to a medieval archer? He would probably think you're a foreigner and try and kill you. The word shoot belongs to the age of modern English, the medieval archers were using middle English, not modern English. The correct words to use are shẹ̄ten or loos. So stop shouting shoot, it's really annoying and ruins the immersion."
>>
>>51581621
And you are still not saging, so?
Give up, Lindy. You are not welcomed here. And forcing your way inside only makes people more dedicated on keeping you clipped.
>>
>>51580677
It's a show about him rambling about random shit. What do you expect him to do?
>>
>>51581760
That you all start saging. Basic rule of posting in Lindy threads - SAGE
>>
File: shrugs.jpg (100KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
shrugs.jpg
100KB, 500x715px
>>51581791
I still don't even know what saging means.

Granted, mostly because I don't care.
>>
File: mfw13.jpg (74KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
mfw13.jpg
74KB, 500x385px
>It's another: "/tg/ gets emotionally invested in hating a thing they don't watch/play thread"

Everyone itt who is even slightly upset has severe autism.
>>
>>51581760
I dunno, not get buttmad over little details or accepting that games need mechanics and game mechanics can't be entirely realistic. If this were a documentary he was commenting on that had the actors saying 'shoot' instead of 'loose', then his criticism would be valid because it would be factually incorrect.
>>
>>51580875
You do know that he isn't really serious, right? He straight up joked that when they win they are Normans and when they lose they are French.
>>
>>51581810
>Using 4chan
>Not knowing how to sage or what it even is
How fucking new are you?

Write sage in the bar labelled "Options", you stupid cunt
>>
>>51581842
>I was just pretending
No, Lindy. You are just fucking retarded.
>>
>>51580875

>failed to restore Angevin Empire
>lost basically all other territories in France
>never again effectively push claim on throne of France

It's actually funny, all my fellow bongs think we won the 100 Years War because of Agincourt.
>>
>Thread nicely goes down to page 6
>Bunch of faggots shows up and don't even know what sage means
Neo/tg/, ladies and gents
>>
>>51581810
Read the FAQ you filthy redditor.
>>
>well, considering my experience of 12 guys hitting each other with foam tipped stick in a field ancient soldiers definitely didn't do something most archaeological evidence supports, also this helmet is kind of uncomfortable so they didn't use it either or they were all just stupid.

This man irritates the shit out of me.
>>
>>51581810
literally kill yourself
>>
>>51580906
Regarding Medieval weapons and armor he might be right for all we know. Future RPG players 500 years from now would probably think we fly fighter jets to work and everyone had either AR-15s or AK-47 based on media portrayal. It is very likely that we base our image on Medieval warfare on their equivalent of the National Enquirer.
>>
File: Loosing it.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Loosing it.webm
2MB, 853x480px
FOR FUCK'S SAKE, SAGE!
>>
>>51581810
下げる (saw-geh-rue)
Nip for "low", "hang", or "disrespect"

If you write sage in the Options field (the one you use for dice, etc.), your post won't bump the thread.
A long time ago, when these pastures were greener, your post would also be visibly marked as saged.
But people got butthurt by that, so now it's hidden.

These days, mentioning that you've saged is a bannable offense (it violates Global Rule 7).
>>
knock, draw, loose. simple as that
>>
I started watching this guy because of the video where he tore the katana apart and stopped watching when he started doing political videos, has he done anything of note since?
>>
>>51580906
>castles were defended by three soldiers
wasn't common, but it did happen once or twice where a lord was away and the lady had to defend the castle. can't remember which castle it was, but it was succesfully defended against 500 or soldiers by the lady, her servants, and about 5 soldiers.
>>
>>51581892
As an outsider, I just have to wonder how the English teach the HYW in schools. I imagine it's something like
>Poitiers
>Agincourt
>We somehow lost all this land???
>But we totally won the war, fuck you France!

Imagine if the Germans taught their history in the same way
>Invasion of Belgium
>Battle of the Frontiers
>We somehow lost all this land???
>But we totally won the war, fuck you France!

Though to be fair, the Flemish have that exact same boner for the Battle of the Golden Spurs... another surprise victory against French knights in a war the French ended up winning.
>>
>>51582031
He was, is and probably will die utter shit. Less than 5% of his videos aren't utter crap.
>>
>>51580859
Don't. Talk. Shite!
>>
>>51582031
getting himself set up with a new set of armor, so it'll be cool to see the process of getting a real set in modern time.
>>
>>51580147
"TWANG!"
>>
>>51582062
I don't remember getting taught the hundred years war at all but then again I grew up in Wales
>>
>>51582087
>Get labelled brackets
>One is "Name", the other "Options"
>Writes SAGE in Name
Neo 4chin scares me
>>
>>51582031
His latest video is pretty good where he rambles about medieval beds for about half an hour.
>>
>>51582092
You weren't taught about it, because it's the classic British way of dealing with defeat - they pretend it didn't happen at all.
And since kids were asking questions how the fuck the war was lost if the battles were won, the amount of 100 years war was cut to the point when it was no longer present at all.
Britbongs - either win or pretend it didn't happen
>>
>>51582062
We aren't taught the HYW in school, sometime ago some faggot decided that history teaching should be 'deep' rather than 'broad', which basically means as far as British schooling goes, slavery, rise of Hitler, civil rights in America/Vietnam, Russian Revolution, the English Civil War and the homefront in WW2 is bascially all that's actually covered, with maybe a couple of substitutions depending on the school.
>>
File: 1483648145169.png (727KB, 958x718px) Image search: [Google]
1483648145169.png
727KB, 958x718px
>>
>>51582116
He's more likely doing the "Sage goes in all fields" thing that no one does anymore since it's no longer visible that it's what you're doing.
>>
>>51582187
Since his post did bump the thread - I sincerely doubt it.
>>
>>51580147
Fuck off Lindy nobody gives a shit

sage
>>
>>51582145
Yeah because I'm sure French history classes are all about the war of 1812 or Americans get taught about the Bay of Pigs
>>
>>51580147
The correct order chain is thought to have been "Knock, Stretch, Loose." Archers also fired until given an order to hold. The reason for this is that you didn't have structured volleys as thats a development from musket reload and firing lines.

They know this because of battle scriptures.

However TV, movies, board games, vidya etc etc aren't fucking accurate as they are aimed at the lowest layman customer; because thats the biggest market. This market gives zero shits about the wording. It's why modern 'historical' shows have actors say things like "Fuck." Because Buggerer is hard for the audience to relate to.
>>
>>51582062

We aren't taught it. We aren't taught much British history besides industrial revolution to WW1, Tudors and maybe Roman Britain.
>>
>>
>>51582225
>Let's compare one of the most important war in English history with conflict that didn't even involve French
>Then let's compare ourselves with universally acclaimed shit-tier American education
And surprise, surprise - burger do learn about Bay of Pigs, you fucking inbreed sheep banger. Just like French learn Americans sided with them during the Napoleonic era.

Not to mention there are nations that base their entire history course on learning about failures, because they happend to draw a short stick few times in the row and everyone was using them as a playground for armies.
>>
>>51582145

To be fair compulsory education rarely covers specific wars as a full blown topic besides maybe WWI or II and the 100 Years War is a series of wars, it's not a good topic for shit for brains teenagers that barely pay attention to history as it is.

The middle ages don't get much coverage as a whole in the UK anyway.
>>
>>51582279
Kys
>>
>>51582243
fucking Tudors are so fucking boring, the whole part of the curriculum is just talking about Henry VIIIs wives, William Shakespeare and the fucking Spanish Armada

>>51582280
whoops my mistake, I meant the French invasion of Russia, not the war of 1812
>>
>>51582291
Son, I'm a Pole and I've learned about 100 years war in fucking Polish school, since it happend to reshape half of the Western Europe. That's standard high school history curriculum
So nice knowing as a mere spectator I happen to get more education about it than people who's country was directly affected
>>
>>51582297
At this point, we're going til auto-sage.
>>
>>51582280
>most important war in English history

m8, most of England's continental holdings were gone before it even started. Its importance is more the influence it had on future events. It's 100 years of tit for tat dynastic struggles, it's a very hard topic to teach concisely.
>>
>>51582341
Polskis are literally obsessed with war, you probably don't get taught anything else
>>
>>51582331
>French aren't taugh about the turning point of Napoleonic wars
>Apparently in French history course, Napoleon just suddenly vanished with his Grande Armie
Son, I get it, you are British, English-British to be precise, but stop making yourself more retarded than needed.
>>
>>51582279
I hope you die of thirst.
>>
>>51582341
>reshape half of the Western Europe.

Que?
>>
>>51582373
>Implying there is anything else in history to learn than wars, battles and treaties.
>>
>>51580147
In a world of wizards who shoot fireballs, fire could become synonymous with shooting a projectile.

It really depends on your setting.
>>
>>51582383
There is worst deathwish - die out of thirst in the middle of ocean.

>>51582397
>Consolidation of French crown
>Consolidation of France itself
>Kicking Brits out of the continent
>Making sure they mostly just watch from behind the Channel for next few centuries
Yeah, totally didn't have any effect at all on Western Europe.

Be uneducated retard somewhere else
>>
>>51580147

>"PTSCHWOOSH!"
>>
>>51582383
>>51582297
Rude!
>>
File: Pizza.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Pizza.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>Come back to check how low the thread is
>It's on the first page, nearing 100+ posts
>>
File: good pasta.jpg (223KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
good pasta.jpg
223KB, 1024x683px
>>51580906
Thanks, I needed this pasta. Tired of seeing this Lindy trash.
>>
>>51582436
>Making sure they mostly just watch from behind the Channel for next few centuries

>>51582368
>Its importance is more the influence it had on future events

Exactly. An in depth study of the 100 years war is pointless in compulsory education. It can be glossed over, all that matters is that post Castillon support for further war in France waned for economic reasons and stoked the fire of the Wars of the Roses.

Studying 100 fucking years of continuous wars that's a huge back and forth is retarded for highschool ages students. It's too complex.
>>
File: 0gfm0WdQB1qfowv3.jpg (46KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
0gfm0WdQB1qfowv3.jpg
46KB, 500x400px
>>51582368
>m8, most of England's continental holdings were gone before it even started
>This is what Britbongs actually believe
>>
>>51582513
>I have no fucking clue about 100 years war
>I actually think there was constant war for 100 years
>I also think everyone is as retarded as me
School is about striving to improve your knowledge and skills, you fucking moron, not about shrugging for 10+ years until you are out.
>>
File: pre1337.png (25KB, 223x381px) Image search: [Google]
pre1337.png
25KB, 223x381px
>>51582549
>>
>>51582575

I know it was a series of wars you retard, that's why it's too complex for highschool students. Why aren't you getting this point?
>>
>>51582579
>Letting all that happen
>Loosing even more land after a century of fights
Shamefur dispray!
>>
>>51582513
>It's too complex.
How the fuck is it too complex? To go back to that other anons post, French schoolchildren learn all about the French Revolution and I'll be damned if that's not fucking complex. It's been 200 years and even today we have historians accusing other historians thaty they didn't get it right or that they don't really understand what it was about.

A less detailed Hundred Years War can be very easily be tl;dr-ed:
>House Plantagenet claims the French throne through female succession
>House Valois (curerntly occupying the throne) calls in Salian Law, which forbids women from inheriting the throne and therefore making the English claim null and void
>Edwardian phase (English victory)
>Caroline phase (French victory, maybe some talk about Du Guesclin)
>First Lancesterian phase (muh Agincourt, muh Henry V, we wuz longbowz 'n shiet)
>Second Lancasterian phase (Charles V, Jeanne d'Arc, first standing army since Roman times)
>Aftermath and consequences (France centralizes, Europe moves away from feudal armies to professional armies, Lancasterian claim on the English throne is weakened, War of the Roses)
It's that simple. You don't need to go into depth about what Henry V's last meal was before he shat himself to death. As far as military conflicts go this is incredibly simple
>>
>>51582407
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/history/gcse/history-8145/specification-at-a-glance

This is the current curriculum, unless a kid learns outside of school he will only know 1 topic each from the 4 lists.
>>
>>51582062
You don't get taught it at all.
>>
>>51582601
>Implying this hard
It's literally initial few battles, Black Death, bunch of passive occupation, getting back to fight with few new battles, Joan, end of war.
Wow, so fucking hard to grasp!

I guess this is what you get for setting bar too low - suddenly things like this are considered "too complex"
>>
I didn't really a Polish guy would get really mad about a conspiracy in a British secondary school curriculum. Unless maybe you meant /pol/ish.
>>
>>51582616

Because highschool students don't give a fuck about history. That's why it's too complex. Generally topics aren't taught as chronological events as part of a greater event.

When we did WWI we didn't learn about the war, we learnt that the trenches were muddy and they used gas.

I'm not saying UK compulsory education is good. I think the history aspect was terrible but that's just the way it was.
>>
>>51582664
>Because highschool students don't give a fuck about history.
Now we get a chicken and egg story: do highschoolers not care about history because they're not taught well, or are they not taught well because they don't care about history?
>>
>>51582660
There's more than that pole thinking British history teaching is fucking atrocious, and it's not even a conspiracy.
>>
>>51582664
>Still implying
>Still trying
We get it. You suck as history and are dumb as brick. But don't offend other kids with your own retardation. They deserve the chance you couldn't utilise due to being a fucking tool
>>
>>51582686
It not being a conspiracy is kind of my point. I agree the way the topics function is pretty awful.
>>
>>51582685
In any half-decent education system students by themselves want to know and learn more. So if they don't care, it basically means the system used to teach them sucks balls.
>>
>>51582686
>>51582664

It's funny because that's the point the britfag is trying to make.
>>
>>51582706
Though, this and the abandonment of Classics in public schools are also kind of a class issue.
>>
>>51580147

>"Quickly men, wait for it wait for it, THWIP! THWIP WITH EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT!"
>>
>>51582687

All I've said is that the 100 Years War doesn't fit into the shitty way British history curriculum is taught, don't particularly care whether you think I understand the 100 Years War personally or not.
>>
>>51580147
>Why do people constantly shout "fire" when they're using bows?
Since fucking WHEN anyone says "fire" and not "shoot"?!
>>
>>51582758

In basically every film I suppose.
>>
File: It won't move by itself.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
It won't move by itself.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>51582754
Sure, son, sure
>>
>>51582664
I agree with your last point, but I'd argue that the hundred years war isn't any more complex than the Tudors, which are taught pretty much universally.

Honestly the compulsory history education in the UK is just there to try to spark an interest fro people who want to go on to study it in a-level and so on
>>
>>51582744
I imagined an incredibly flamboyant gay elf commander with a lisp.
>THWIP! THWIP with all your might, thweeties!
>>
>>51582778
If it helps, we don't learn anything about Polish history.
>>
>>51582790
... which in turn means university curriculum is what normally would pass for high-school education, thus making it further retarded.
But then again, Brits are in desperate need for barely educated historians so they can rewrite reality around them.
Case the point - Lindybeige himself.
>>
File: What am I reading.gif (1MB, 430x360px) Image search: [Google]
What am I reading.gif
1MB, 430x360px
>>51582812
? ? ?
The fuck Polish history has to do with anything?
>>
>>51582822
>which in turn means university curriculum is what normally would pass for high-school education

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you're trolling here, no-one could legitimately have this poorly thought out an argument
>>
>>51582837
It's kinda true, first year in uni is pretty much an up-to-speed year.
>>
>>51582790

The thing with the Tudors is they also don't teach it as chronological events besides the wives, beyond that it's mostly how people lived and stuff and then maybe a couple of important events. It's harder to wring that out of the 100 Years War.

I would have loved to have studied the 100 Years War in highschool but there's just too many options they can choose that don't boil down to an actual timeline of a war that people would have to remember.
>>
>>51582833
It has about as much to do with England and the Hundred Years' War has to do with Poland.
>>
>>51582833
Isn't that the whole argument? Polish history covers the 100 years war, so for British history not to cover it can only mean a conspiracy of the Brits to keep future generations in the dark about their loss of territory 600 years in the past, and also so that their university-educated historians push an anti-100 years propaganda internationally somehow.

That appears to be the substance of your complaint.
>>
>did A level history
>class still wasn't interested in history at all

You really have to get to uni and specialise before anyone cares, A Level history is just writing practice but you still learn a topic chronologically and kinda in depth so it's much better.
>>
>>51582837
Mate, almost half of the bachelor's degree is spend covering bare basics in all subjects, because kids starting university have such massive gaps. It includes adding fucking Geography on History as a subject, because people can't fucking use map and don't know where are the places they are reading about.
>>
>>51582873

It's more that middle ages gets overlooked. I did the American War if independence in highschool for a bit.
>>
>>51582873
well Poland as to cover other country's history because they've spent most of their history being totally irrelevant
>>
"Loose!" being more archaic, seems more poetic
>>
File: wut.gif (49KB, 86x77px) Image search: [Google]
wut.gif
49KB, 86x77px
>>51582853
>>51582873
But what the fuck Polish history and what it covers has to do with me and my argument about 100 years war being piss-easy to learn and anon being retarded for being unable to grasp it or assuming it's too complex for highschoolers?
Did I miss something?
>>
>>51582903
That was the intended implication of my >>51582812 comment, yeah. BUT THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY TRUE.
>>
>>51582920
>BUT THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY TRUE.
Poland was only relevant when Lithuania was involved.
>>
>>51582903
>This is the effect of British education in action
Yes, being a major player for entire duration of early modern period is sooo irrevelant, right. I mean I'm a fucking Swede and we considered Poles the biggest thread for two centuries, since, duh, they keep beating our asses pretty hard.
>Inb4 Sweden can't into revelancy
What next? Rule Britannia?
>>
>>51582919
The claim was it wasn't taught because of British shame, the counter-claim was British history teaching is just shit the counter-counter-claim was Polish history covers it so why wouldn't British except for shame? We all seem to agree with British history teaching being shit now so I'm not sure why we're still fighting.
>>
>>51582967
>Implying Lithuania was revelant
Ever since their grand prince became king of Poland, Lithuania pretty much turned into Polish clay. To the point where Polish national epic opens with "Lithiania, my motherland" and nobody sees anything wrong with it.
>>
File: 1458755892138.png (414KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458755892138.png
414KB, 800x720px
>>51582903
I want to say my high school covered how Poland had the first written constitution in Europe under the supervision of Rousseau, but then I remembered that was university (law).

Western European history education gives way too little attention to Eastern Europe. Even in WW1 the Eastern Front (you know, the one that started the entire shitstorm?) barely gets any attention. It's mostly reduced to
>Some Serbian shot some Austrian
>Russia was there too, I guess
>Now let me tell you about TRENCHES
>>
>>51582999
Maybe because you confused me with someone else, used argument adressing someone else and put me into a state of complete confusion? I mean I'm still trying to figure out the fuck Polish history has to do with anything at all.
>>
>>51580253
>muh flowchart

Pretty sick of you forcing this shit, desu senpai.
>>
>>51583035
Maybe you shouldn't have gotten involved with Poland in in a matter of false identity. Wars start that way, you know.
>>
>>51583056
Are you at least aware 4chan is more than just one person?
>>
File: z837rir.jpg (75KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
z837rir.jpg
75KB, 960x540px
>>51583025
>>
>>51583054
As a person who helped with adding first question to it and thus actually making it effective, I call bullshit.
This shit it a great filter for videos posted by Lindy.
>>
>>51583061
Are you at least aware of the events of August 31, 1939?
>>
>>51583079
>As a person who helped with adding first question
I remember you! Muh nigga.
>>
File: moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg (28KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg
28KB, 300x240px
>>51583087
And here we go again, goalposts on the move
>>
>>51583068
Is this real
Thank fuck I am no longer in school
>>
>>51583101
No, it's Partick
>>
>>51583095
Holy shit friend you have some Lindybeige-tier autism going on there.
>>
>>51582513
Attitude like yours is responsible for making people like Lindy. Twats that have barely any actual knowledge or formal education on given subject, but because there is nobody around to smack them in the head for being dumb piece of shit, they can thrive.
>>
>>51583114

>implying it's not Lindybeige
>implying he's not butthurt because anon said British highschoolers are retarded
>r-r-rule b-b-britania
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 1047x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 1047x960px
Holy shit this Lindythread
>>
>>51583137
People offended me in different ways, but that's the first time someone claimed I'm fucking Lindybeige. I actually feel insulted by the sheer fact of someone making such claim toward me.
>>
fuck this guy
>>
>>51580182
Fight the good fight brother!
>>51580147
He's right and a genius
>>
>>51583138
Compared with average Lindythread, it's good. At least it's about some random shit and not discussing that autist or his shit-tier videos
>>
>>51580147
Reported and hidden.
>>
>>51582575
He said continuous wars that's a huge back and forth. Along with you completely failing to read the post you also misunderstood his point.

He's trying to say it's a huge clusterfuck and teaching it 'properly' is an amazing amount of detail that high school children don't need to know anywhere nearly as badly as the laws currently in place in their own country today.
>>
>>
>the x actually never happened meme
Is tiresome in history.
A good one is the vikings didn't wear horns on their head and its a christian myth.
Except you know Christian teutonics did and they got it from vikings.

Fire is from one two three (four) fire! Where some languages the four is literally fire.
>>
I go on /tg/ after the owl and I see a sweatercunt thread with over 100 replies. Stop bumping this shit.
>>
File: for you.png (125KB, 873x328px) Image search: [Google]
for you.png
125KB, 873x328px
>>51585676
>>
>>51585422
>>51585514
>>51585610
>>51585676
>Page 9
>Bumped it
EAT A FUCKING BULLET
>>
>>51585777
>not using catalog
>>
>>51585777
Maximal overkek engaged

Goddamn these lindyposters
>>
File: Sweet Jesus, help me.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
Sweet Jesus, help me.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>This thread could disappear right now
>Bunch of autists had to bump it back to page 1
>>
>>51580906

Well the important point is that you've managed to make a list of ways someone was wrong in which you are exclusively wrong yourself.
>>
>>51580147
>Is I- I mean, lindyspergy correct?

Fuck off and go snuggle up with varg ya cuckwaffle.
>>
>>51580253
I prefer mine, which is 100% certifiably right
>Is lindyspergy the spergy king? (Theme is irrelevant)
Y: he's wrong at every level.
N: He's still wrong at a conceptual level.

He's literally a more sane (which let's be honest, isn't hard) britsharia varg.
>>
>>51582331
>and the fucking Spanish Armada
Reminder spain won the war where the spanish armada sank :^)
>>
>Lindy makes joke using basic Bong humour
>Americans don't understand
>Autistic people don't understand

Sure hes been wrong but lots of his comments are classic bong dry humour.
>>
>>51587936
>is joke omg

Hi lindy
>>
So, what is up with the austism?

Is not like someone is making /tg/ thread simulators right?
>>
I want to roughly fuck Lindybeige. I want to pin him down in bed, stick my penis up his ass, whisper "France is the greatest country on God's green earth" and enjoy the show.
>>
File: 1485152385132.jpg (66KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485152385132.jpg
66KB, 960x720px
>>51589999

>Quads
>>
>>51580810
Elaborate?
>>
>>51590117
What's wrong with that rat? I understand the joke, but under what circumstances would a rat ever look like that? Not only is he bald, but he has way too much skin.
>>
>be me
>dating girl for 5 months
>met her on /tg/
>we get drunk and start playing MtG
>laughing about the Lloyd posting I do and the funny reactions it gets
>she's laughing with me about how mad people get
>ask her about her experiences Lloyd posting
"oh I've never actually post any lindybeige threads"
>smack the cards out of her hands and throw her jacket at her
>open the door and wait for her to understand that I'm not joking and that she has to leave
>messages me the same night telling me she's sorry and that we can Lloyd post together if I want

what do I do /tg/ I didn't mean to get mad at her but I feel like I've been lied to. how do I even know she goes on /tg/ if she doesn't Lloyd post?
>>
>This is again on first page
Why are you doing this, seriously?
>>
File: 1478431389495.jpg (23KB, 359x222px) Image search: [Google]
1478431389495.jpg
23KB, 359x222px
ITT: Buttmad vegans
>>
>>51582052
That.

A garrison of 40 people were actually not uncommon in most small castle. You don't need many people to man a castle, and often you didn't have that many people at hand.

There's one or two examples of castles manned by 40 people surviving a siege for quite a long time.
>>
Could you all FUCKING PLEASE stop bumping this thread? I get it, it's all fun and games, because you trigger people with Lindyposting, but for fuck's sake, you are also making sure that sperg is getting views and subscriptions, aka making money.
Making money on being wrong, to be precise
>>
>>51591749
I do not understand. Could you please explain your position in depth? Thank you.
>>
>>51591749
these are my thoughts exactly
just kidding I just wanted to bump the thread again
>>
>>51591679
That essay is so much more retarded than I expected it to be, wow. Like I was expecting bad, and I got worse.
>>
>>51591852
At least stop same-fagging your posts
>>
>Hating based Lindy
>>
>>51591679
>>51591852
Holy shit, even when talking about fucking vegetarians Lindy manages to shoehorn in his Francophobia.
http://www.lloydianaspects.co.uk/opinion/veggie.html
>Ever noticed that a French Golden Delicious (a) tastes of nothing and (b) lasts for months in your fruit bowl?
1. What does the nationality of the apples have to do with the taste?
2. Golden Delicious isn't even French, it's American. Unless, of course, I am to believe that the American imported Golden Delicious of France somehow tastes worse than the American imported Golden Delicious of the UK.

Did a radioactive Frenchman bite him as a child or something?
>>
>>51591427
It's just a naked rat. Rats are just wrinkly under the fur
>>
>>51592261
I think he just doesn't like Muslim countries
>>
>>51580147
High medieval period with handgonnes.
There, now they can say fire.
>>
>>51592722
I've yet to hear him speak an ill word of London though.
>>
File: 0vm22PRG1spsojg.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
0vm22PRG1spsojg.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>51592722
>>51592862
>Samefagging own bait to keep this thread bumped
>>
>>51592879

Bump
>>
File: IMG_0650.png (582KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0650.png
582KB, 960x640px
Talking about weapons, this stake that looks like a pugblug hava a specific name ?

or is it a exotic stake ?

It supose to be used as a brass knuckles.
>>
File: 1481928449291.png (2MB, 1489x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1481928449291.png
2MB, 1489x1068px
>>51592261
Did a radioactive Frenchman bite him as a child or something?

Frenchwoman broke his heart ;_;
>>
File: 1456585852-20160227.png (171KB, 684x864px) Image search: [Google]
1456585852-20160227.png
171KB, 684x864px
Jesus.
What do you people have against Lindy?
I mean he's sometimes annoying and dumb, but he mostly makes interesting points, and is more correct as a historian on historical things than most other people.
Unless you're all historian academics and he is contradicting your research, you probably have no reason to criticize him for historical shit.
And yes, sperging out about this is very autistic, but every scientist is a bit autistic.
TBBT is pretty damn close to real life in that regard.
>>
>>51597496
>Unless you're all historian academics and he is contradicting your research, you probably have no reason to criticize him for historical shit.
It's not how it works, you idiot. It's totally not how it works, you sperg
But since you are here just to bump, it's not like you care
>>
>>51582241
>However TV, movies, board games, vidya etc etc aren't fucking accurate as they are aimed at the lowest layman customer; because thats the biggest market. This market gives zero shits about the wording. It's why modern 'historical' shows have actors say things like "Fuck." Because Buggerer is hard for the audience to relate to.
I'm not sure. I'm okay with people saying "fuck" because it's kind of an abstraction and you can imagine they're saying the equivalent in their language. But even before I knew it was technically the wrong term, "firing" a bow always sounded awkward and wrong to me.
>>
>>51597496
Nobody likes you Lloyd, so bugger off already
>>
>>51597496
>What people have against an autistic asshat saying unresearched bullshit without citing any sources and acting like some sort oracle and authority in every single field he talks about
I don't know, anon. I don't know.
>>
>>51597886
>What people have against an autistic asshat saying unresearched bullshit without citing any sources
So i guess you hate every person that has ever made a successful youtube channel.
The only person i know that actually cites at least SOME sources in their youtube videos is Sharkee.
Newsflash: these videos are edutainment. You know. Popular science.
I'll listen to your bitching as soon as National Geographic and the Discovery channel start publishing their list of sources for every claim they make.
Seriously you are in no position to call anyone an autist asshat if you d not understand what popular science is.

>acting like some sort oracle and authority in every single field he talks about
He is giving insight on the topics he has actually studied, because he knows more about them than any of you most likely.
Would the real historians please stand up, please stand up!
Any other topic he just says what he thinks is right. He doesn't purport to be any authority on the things he hasn't studied.
>>
>>51580253
>In this case we can answer all three questions with "yes", and as the flowchart predicted he actually has a point.
But if you can answer all three questions with yes, your flowcart clearly states he's wrong.

Are you too dumb to even read your own flowchart?
>>
>>51582434
Most fantasy worlds, even high magic ones, have wizards being less common than non-wizards. It's probably more likely that people would say a wizard is loosing a fireball.
>>
>>51597988
At least Matt Easton his a historian by trade who puts his reputation on the line with his videos.
>>
>>51582758
>>51582768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_6oSjrpxBM

The funny thing is that they correctly used "loose" in the opening battle scene, so I don't know why they fucked up with "fire" here.
>>
>>51598229
Who is matt easton? and is lindybeige not a historian by trade? I think he is.
>>
>>51597988
>>51598229

Knyght Errant does infact cite and link specific sources in each of his videos. He also restricts his topics to a fairly narrow range that he has researched intensely rather than firing off speculation about any old thing as takes your fancy.

Seriously, more youtubers should copy this guy.
>>
>>51598113
For someone who calls others dumb, you sure are slow to figure out that it might've been a mistake. An incredibly obvious one, to the point where everyone understood the point and it wasn't called out until 208 posts in.

Do you have autism, or do you regularly insult others to feel marginally better about your pathetic self?
>>
>>51580906
>no one used horses
well, he only said, that riding horses would have been tought as a stupid idea, when it first came up in ancient times

>berserkers weren't real
if they were real or not, is questionable, but at least, the common image of berserkers isn't real
>>
>>51580906
I'm glad he exists for the fact that, if nothing else, he's going to challenge our perceptions on how things actually were. Some things legitimately were different than we expect that we have trouble wrapping our heads around - like how common chicken is today compared to the past, or how flails were rarely used despite being relatively common in fantasy.

Just don't quote him in a history paper, or turn up your nose to your group and go 'ACTUALLY...' and you'll be fine. He's about as reputable as any internet personality - i.e., do some actual reading yourself instead of blindly swallowing whatever he or anyone else says.
>>
I think we all can agree that there is no finer target for a bow than a Frenchman!
>>
>>51580906
>>51582486
one thing i don't seem to like about you fellas is that you seem to ramp up this pasta every time i see it.
everyone gets it he's a faggot, he makes bad points but the least you can do is catch him on things he has said in certainty.
whether or not you accept the weasily way he says things, he does indeed for the most part phrase things so that he can't be pinned down on shit his arguments.
seriously if you are going to make these threads to shitpost then try to get it right, pin him down on bullshit he's said word for word if you have autism to waste on a backwards, limy E-celeb

>no one spoke french during the FR
not everyone spoke PARISIAN. do you fuckers not understand how dialects form, Fuck my great grandfather was an interpreter for the raj because every fucking village had it's own inbred dialect tongue and he knew 50 of them,
fuck you faggots speak some sort of latin-germano-franko shit, when it comes down to it there isn't a lot of difference between it french, spanish, Italian, deutsch, (granted more seperated from them then the first 3) etc using lone words and the like from them in some sort of inbred displace of language recycling just like the slavs speak their own mini slav shit.
>>51581094
it was churchill and if i am not mistaken it was "might be one of the best" stupid thing to say really but i think it was to try and get a cross the utility of having a shorter barrel. Amongst the British there were many more tanks deserving of recognition. and the t-34, panther and so on ought to be further in line then the churchhill at least
Personally I'm fond of the comet for it's influence.
also doesn't anyone think it's weird how many fucking British tanks start with C
>cruiser series
>church-hill
>crusader
>comet
>Cromwell
odd really.

>>51581494
it was an infantry support tank.
that was what it was for,
The whole thing's design was dumb, wasn't it the size of a fucking modern day MBT, around that, big fucking stupid shit.
>>
>>51583068
>>
>>51597988
calm it down anon, calm it down,
I think it's like the monkey and the latter thing.
>>
>>51597988
Popular science and edutaiment ask for both proper science AND sources, you idiot.
Otherwise it's literal bullshit and bunch of opinions.

>if you d not understand what popular science is.
The irony of this statement break my Irony-o-Meter
>>
>>51598257
He runs the channel scholagladiatoria.
>>
>>51598257
He is youtuber and dance instructor by trade. Go fucking figure. He was kicked out from the university he was working for.
And it REALLY takes an effort to be kicked out from an university in UK.
>>
>>51598790
>And it REALLY takes an effort to be kicked out from an university in UK.
really?
now adays i wouldn't figure that and i'm not even sure he had tenure.
>>
>>51598767
Again. You really do not understand it.
NatGeo and Discovery Channel is popular science.
Nature is not.
NatGeo and Discovery Channel are watched by scientifically mostly illiterate people with a laymans interest in the topics as a hobby, or even just as entertainment.
And there are actual scientists and engineers involved there as well, the programming is just not one about sources and to inspire further research.
Same with Lindybeige.
>>
>>51598808
>B-but Lindy is popular science
>I-if I make enough comparisons with actual popular science, someone might believe
That guy doesn't even know what science is.
>>
>>51598834
He studied history. None of you did.
Please tell me how Lindybeige is different from the discoverychannel.
>>
>>51598808
So you are building argument on a statement that it's ok to "popularise science" by spreading misinformation, wild assumptions and unproven statements?
Not sure if it makes you or beige more stupid.
>>
File: 1406400972372.jpg (42KB, 277x260px) Image search: [Google]
1406400972372.jpg
42KB, 277x260px
I'm usually not autistic about terminology but

>player character says "Jesus Christ!"
>>
>>51598834
also, popular science is not about accuracy or sources.
it's about conveying an approximate understanding of a subject to the broad masses
and people keep wondering why the science community is in such a shit shape.

>>51598850
>spreading misinformation, wild assumptions and unproven statements
unproven theories are great.
i doubt that he is spreading anything that could actually be considered misinformation, he may have made some errors though
and wild assumptions are fun, and he probably has more knowledge about the subjects he is making assumptions about than any of his viewers
>>
>>51580906
>no one used throwing knives
>no one used scythes
>berserkers weren't real
These are all true
>no one spoke French during the French revolution
>no one spoke Latin during the Roman Republic
Not all the population of rome was romanized during the republic, most local tribes kept their language. In the same way france had a large population that wasn't "french" but rather occitans, provençals and whatever people from britanny it's called.
>Napoleon was literally Hitler
Entirely subjective

The rest is bullshit tho
>>
File: 1483035374620.jpg (72KB, 571x603px) Image search: [Google]
1483035374620.jpg
72KB, 571x603px
>>51598861
Reminds me of this one guy who posted a greentext about his Faerûn campaign where he played a legit Christian crusader who managed to convert entire nations and slay old gods, making Christianity one of the largest religions in the realm.
>>
>>51598846
Only that I did. After making a Bachelor I've switched for Asian Studies, since that was the cheapest way to get degree in Chinese and get a decent export-import job.
As far as I know, he studied Archeology, not History. Makes a difference, believe me.

Discovery Channel doesn't treat opinions as facts. Lindybeige does.
Discovery Channel doesn't hire single person to be all-around expert in everything. Lindybeige assumes he's that kind of all-around wise old man.
Discovery Channel had time and again to prove they didn't made things up. You can't even sue Lindybeige for being an asshat, since he's just a random bloke on youtube, thus his videos have no scientific value, as they provide his opinions and nothing else.
>>
File: 891.png (42KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
891.png
42KB, 625x626px
>>51598892
>popular science is not about accuracy or sources.
>people keep wondering why the science community is in such a shit shape.
>unproven theories are great.
Not even him, but come on! The fruit is hanging so low it's literally buried underground!
>>
>>51598846
>B-but he studied it, it means he's an expert!
First of all, he has a bachelor in archeology. That doesn't even qualify as higher education in half of civilised countries. Second of all, he speaks about a shitload of things completely outside his expertise and is always fucking wrong when doing so. And last, but not least, you are asking what's the difference between international science station and a random Brit on youtube in a sincere way. Are you fucking nuts?
>>
>see thread
>235 replies
>Ohboyherewego.jpg
>>
>>51597988
>>51598846
>He studied history. None of you did.
>Would the real historians please stand up, please stand up!

Can we pause this discussion for another 5 months so I can recieve my MA (History) and outrank Lindy? Which by this tortured logic of no one being able to question any of your assertions despite any conflicting evidence means I am in fact King of Speculation Island until a PhD shows up.
>>
>>51599032
It's mostly samefaggotry of two guys who keep making traffic just to bump this thread.
It was few times on 10th page already, so they've started shitposting again
>>
File: 1481067266438.gif (80KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1481067266438.gif
80KB, 350x263px
>>51581992
>But people got butthurt by that, so now it's hidden.
>These days, mentioning that you've saged is a bannable offense (it violates Global Rule 7).
I'm still fucking pissed about this
>>
>>51598861
Usually players I've been with have been good enough to not include obvious things like that.

One guy who tried to bring up Mormon jokes and called his character Ringo Starr ended up getting kicked out by the next session.
>>
>>51599075
>Kicking people out
>Rather than talking with them
Way to go, bruh
>>
>>51599032
At this stage the fastest way to kill the thread is hitting the bump limit as it will not go gently into the night.
>>
>>51580906
he literally never said at least half of those things.

fuck if you're this bad at comprehension no wonder your assblasted about him.

>>51598905
Oh that's cool. Then please tell me where he is wrong.
>Discovery Channel doesn't treat opinions as facts. Lindybeige does.
I never saw that happen and i watched a ton of his videos.>>51598905
>Discovery Channel doesn't hire single person to be all-around expert in everything. Lindybeige assumes he's that kind of all-around wise old man.
No he does not. He thinks he is an expert on things he spends almost all his time with, that being warfare throughout history, and he thinks that he has good ideas about a lot of other topics. Out of these only climate change was one that was actually painfully shit.

>Discovery Channel had time and again to prove they didn't made things up.

Uh no.
They are literally talking out of their asses some times.
Discovery channel is to scientific value what paparazzi are to journalistic merit.

>>51598932
You don't get people interested in science by explaining every detail of a well researched thing that was discovered 50 years ago but took this long to prove.
This kind of mindset is indicative of the kind of mindset that leads to NASA just throwing out 90% ready prototypes because "oh well funding was cancelled who cares".
And proper understanding of what gets people going leads to people like elon musk and spacex.

Seriously did you know that there is more than the ISS and the chinese station orbit around earth where humans could stay? A private company has two working inflatable spacestations in orbit. And no one knows because they're shit at getting public support.
NASA is scraping by on pennies, because the last thing they could make the public care about were the two rovers.

>>51599060
Yes. Yes you would be.
No one would think that what you say is fact (just as no one thinks that what that guy says is all facts,) but i would be more inclined to listen to you speculating.
>>
>>51599089
Well, when the guy is obviously not taking the game seriously at all - not just for the reasons listed, but for starting a fight and threatening random NPCs - what are you going to do?
>>
>>51582147
>>51582243
>>51582637
>>51582145
>not being privately educated

I got taught it. I don't remember much, though, it was a good 10-15 years ago now. I remember Agincourt being a major part of the discussion.

Most of English/French history is just trading territory back and forth anyway. We take Calais, we lose Calais. Win Agincourt, lose war. Have a French King, send an English King to France because he prefers it there.

Who cares? Everyone around the world speaks English now, so the frogs can fuck off.
>>
>>51599371
But have you talked with him? Look, he might be a That Guy of the worst kind, but have you talked with him about it or just kicked him out. And by talk about it I mean explaining why you think he's doing wrong and what should be improved, and not just going "Listen up, Steve - get the fuck out of here"
>>
>>51599465
>Most of English/French history is just trading territory back and forth anyway
>Most
Shows how good was that "education" of yours

>Everyone around the world speaks English now
But not because of Brits. And before that, French was (and in a way still is) a language of international diplomacy.
Stay salty, Britbong
>>
>>51599481
I don't know, it was a few years ago. The GM might have talked with him, but it would've been after the events in question, not before getting kicked.
>>
>>51599091
This is unfortunately the only guaranteed way of killing beige threads. This one for example died around 30 post, then a shitstorm was created to keep it up for no reason at all. Then when that died too, a bunch of fags keep bumping it ever since each time it hits below page 8.
So unfortunately the best way of dealing with those threads is to derail them early on into random shitstorm and then watch as they hit bump limit in two hours, or the thread will drag like a diarrhea.
I would rather prefer if janitors would simply start reacting to reports, but I guess you can't have everything
>>
>>51599544
Fine by me then.
>>
>>51599465
See >>51582721
>>
File: samoose.png (23KB, 587x153px) Image search: [Google]
samoose.png
23KB, 587x153px
>>51599516
>Most
Everything back until the Romans, and then there's plenty of history before that. Not sure how you can call that wrong.

>But not because of Brits.
???
Sorry, did you miss the colonisation and then the formation of 'murrica? It's not like the Americans coincidentally invented English in parallel with Britain.

>>51599591
>abandonment of Classics
>implying I didn't study Latin and Ancient Greek
>implying I didn't then do a Classics BA
Feels good being a patrician.
>>
File: c26.png (17KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
c26.png
17KB, 625x626px
>>51599623
>>
File: ;3.jpg (85KB, 511x676px) Image search: [Google]
;3.jpg
85KB, 511x676px
>>51599623
>English/French relations
>Everything back until the Romans, and then there's plenty of history before that. Not sure how you can call that wrong.
>>
Since this threat already got bumped up to the first page I'll bring up this point:

It is completely absurd to get angry and upset over characters using a technically inaccurate term when, although you are all speaking in English (or your current language) terms, your characters are technically speaking in Common (or the game language).

Unless you are actually speaking Elvish, Klingon, Sanskrit, or whatever, you are in no position to criticize anyone.
>>
>>51599623
>implying I didn't study Latin and Ancient Greek
>implying I didn't then do a Classics BA
And yet you are still retarded and britbong. Amazing!
>>
File: 1447713653456.gif (209KB, 435x317px) Image search: [Google]
1447713653456.gif
209KB, 435x317px
>>51599714
>>51599659
>>51599638
>French still getting buttblasted that they faded into obscurity after all this time
stay salty, froglegs
>>
>>51599708
>Stating the obvious
What for? Everyone knows that. All you are doing is keeping the thread on page 1, rather than letting it die.
But since amount of poster didn't budge, it might as well mean you are one of the fuckers bumping this thread every few hours just for the sake of it, because lolsrandomevulz!
Meanwhile, beige gains another 20 subscriptions and 500 watches thanks to this. Congratu-fucking-lations.
>>
File: 517.jpg (9KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
517.jpg
9KB, 248x233px
>>51599735
>Everyone who bashes me for being shithead and a Brit must be French
>>
File: 1449232651793.png (43KB, 323x233px) Image search: [Google]
1449232651793.png
43KB, 323x233px
>>51599769
I'm waiting to hear how I'm wrong on any of my points.
>>
>>51599747
>What for? Everyone knows that. All you are doing is keeping the thread on page 1, rather than letting it die.

Not him, but this thread is not going to fucking die, that much has been made clear. It keeps coming back like fucking thrush. Death will only come when the post limit is reached, lindy won't let it die before that.
>>
>>51599795
Since I'm Portugese, I can't be French, meaning your assumption about everyone bashing you being French is wrong.
It wasn't even hard to prove you wrong.
>>
>>51599834
Well then, let's post some more, since it's only 50 posts short of bump limit. Who knows, maybe by random chance or pure accident something good will come out of the discussion.
>>
File: dictionary.com.png (958B, 192x38px) Image search: [Google]
dictionary.com.png
958B, 192x38px
for what it's worth
>>
>>51599836
>points out the weakness in the insults rather than anything anyone was bashing me for
I surrender, your shitposting skills far exceed mine
>>
>>51599747
>But since amount of poster didn't budge, it might as well mean you are one of the fuckers bumping this thread every few hours
I think you have failed at counting or there was a software glitch.
That was my first post in this thread and I'm the only one who uses this IP.
I checked this thread this morning and did the appropriate thing instead of posting my thought.
Have one more post towards autosage.
>>
Sorry, I forgot to parsley, rosemary, and thyme.
>>
>Sorry, I forgot to parsley, rosemary, and thyme.

what did he mean by this?
>>
So what would a historical sorcerer say as he prepares to throw a fireball.
>>
>>51601706
https://youtu.be/Og7JS8mcp3c
>>
>>51602182
"Cast!" or something like that
>>
>>51602182
Hey, catch
>>
>>51602182
"Water!" They'll never see it coming.
>>
>>51602182
DIE! DIE!
>>
>>51580147
It's a fantasy game, there is fireball, fireballs are very commonly used spells and very famous.

Since fireballs are so obvious they make a very flashy and well known projectile.

The term fire means that. Wow game is saved.

Its fantasy, you can always bullshit an excuse somewhere.
>>
Its fucking wonderful how much rage one man can raise.
>>
>>51601706
>>51607211
>Page 10
>LE BUMP!
>SO MUCH EVULZ!
Kill yourself. It's fucking amazing someone so fucking stupid to keep bumping this thread can even remember to breath
>>
>>51602182
>>51602460
>>51602707
>>51603860
>>51604168
>Let's continously bump my own shit, because I have nothing else to do with my life
You know what? I'm gonna help you reaching the bump limit. It will be faster and less painful this way than watching you keeping this thread alive with your shit for another 20 hours.
>>
>>51599795
You don't make any points, so it's literally impossible to go against something that doesn't exist
>>
>>51581678
But that would take too much effort, anon. Don't you know the amount of effort autist like beige can put it directly tied with how stupid and pointless the argument is?
>>
>>51581760
Making sense, maybe? Not making things up would be also nice.
Do I ask for too much?
>>
>>51581810
>This post is still not removed by janitors
Explain this
>>
>>51599465
>2017
>Being privately educated
So you are saying you are Amish? Or just special care?
>>
>>51598897
Sounds like a vile mutation of HFY
>>
>>51598861
>People get carried away by situation
Also, you must be playing with serious pussies if the first thing they say when shit goes south is "Jesus Christ" and not "FUCK!"
>>
>>51599099
>Being ironically retarded just for the sake of making stupid arguments against providing proper informations
Like I was saying - the fruit is already burried, that's how low it hangs
>>
>>51598893
All of them are bullshit and all of them are beige statements

Also
>Making comparison that is wrong in its fucking base is subjective, not retarded
>>
>>51598257
Beige is clickbait operator by trade. That's literally how he makes a living ever since he get fucking kicked out from university.
Kicked. Out.
So I can only imagine he was just as autistic asshat with no real arguments, sources or reference material when he was still technically a scholar
>>
>>51598314
But not throwing wild speculations is not how you make a clickbait, anon.
Just recall the shitstorm when beige made a 40 minutes long bait about cavalry and everyone stopped watching before he get to the real point, since for first 20 minutes he was basically making an elaborate bait how "cavalry was stupid and nobody used it", only explaining himself in last 5 minutes, but barely anyone endured that long. Hence it was possible to have fuckload of replies, a lot of watches and few threads here, all gaining him more clicks.
>>
>>51595523
I wonder what bite people bumping his threads
>>
>>51585889
The hell it has to do with anything? Catalog also keeps track which page the thread is on. And bump is still bump, because lo and behold, it ends up at the top of the catalog list
>>
>>51585773
>Hiding thread will make it disappear
And closing your eyes will make you invisible, right?
>>
>>51582628
Still doesn't change the fact there is barely anything left after you cut out wars, battles and treaties
>>
>>51582513
>Assuming something is "too complex"
This exact attitude is the reason why kids don't receive proper education. Because some stupid, paranoid and lazy shit assumed they will be unable to grasp it anyway, so let's better lower the bar some more!
>>
>>51598191
>High magic
>Less wizards
>>
>>51598403
There is a better one - it's beige himself!
Just think about the possibilities. He could then make a video about it, first time in a long while talking from actual first-hand knowledge rather than making wild assumptions.
And I bet he would still make a pile of shit
>>
>>51580941
The only non-wrong part was how he managed to describe them as a combination of pike and poleaxe.
Out of almost 20 minutes of material
>>
File: Can't argue with that.gif (476KB, 350x188px) Image search: [Google]
Can't argue with that.gif
476KB, 350x188px
>>51580859
>Not using gif version
>>
>>51580771
But that would mean he would actually have to put some effort into anything. And last thing the guy does is putting effort, closely followed by making good arguments
>>
>>51580718
>Right
>About this
Here, read this anon: >>51581678
>>
>>51608116
I can see him shilling for longobow's ability to kill armored knights with a single arrow even while he has dozen of them sticking out of his unarmored carcass.
>>
>>51580750
The correct answer is how he's just making easy clickbait. A short recollection of latest videos
>Let's make a long-ass video where I claim cavalry was shit, useless and stupid; this will trigger so many people it will get half a mil of views in a month! And then, in the end, explain my real point, but they've already saw it!
>Let's make a long-ass rant about "fire" being wrong command. Never mind people usually use word "shoot", because they are not commanding a group of archer, but their single archer PC, that will trigger people arguing about my autism and give me some more views!
This guy makes a living from youtube videos. The less effort he has to put into them, the easier it is to make them. And the bigger flame it will cause, the more he earns on it.
>>
>>51608195
Nice bump, you fucking faggot. You dig that out from page 8 or just had it pinned for easier bumping? Too bad it's almost bump limit, so go fucking figure.
>>
>>51601706
>Someone draws a fanart of this autist
>>
>>51580147
>Wearing the same sweater for 3 years and always having unwashed hair, because otherwise people won't recognise him
>>
>>51608211
Even if you ignore the clickbaitness of his cavalry video, he makes really stupid assumptions to push his theory. The biggest of these being that somehow chariots aren't really cavalry.
>>
>>51608245
But the point of that video was to make a clickbait. Everything else is secondary when compared with the purpose of hitting half a mil views in a video where he just stands and makes a long monologue. Took what? 4 hours to make? 5? Earned him a month pay of his regular earnings
>>
>>51597988
>Implying beige has anything to do with science
>Or being a science populizer
Stop making internet nobodies famous, I guess
>>
>>51608265
Man has pretty successful business model desu senpai.
>post stupid shit on interwebz
>make mad dosh to buy more memorabilia about your inbred kraut monarch
>>
>>51582062
There is a saying: Win battles, loose the peace.
>>
>>51607955
Jannies are newfags.
>>
>>51608290
Since when barely making minimal wage is a "successful business model"? It's good when you are neet, but otherwise - fuck no.
He was making five times more just by having a cushy job back in the university, doing exactly nothing. But was stupid enough to get himself kicked out of uni. For the record - it takes to be extremely stupid and making a lot of enemies to boot to get kicked out. as an employee
>>
>Lindyposting
>Hit bump limit
Sadly, the only way to get rid of this shit
>>
>>51608316
Wonder what he did to get kicked out, promoted French genocide one too many times?
>>
>>51598893
The roman claim was that that roman nobilty only spoke greek during the republic like how normans spoke french. There is no evidence to support that thier main language was greek at all and is purely wrong. Alot of them might know the language but latin was thier main language. Maybe the dialect was abit different but it was still latin.
>>
>>51608316
His "job" at the university was not a job at all.
He wasn't paid, he was a member of a team who studied evo psy, and was not a teacher at all.
I think he did teach dance at the uni, but I'm not sure.

>>51608406
He used the faculty website to flame vegetarians, saying that he wanted to forcefeed them pork.
>>
>>51608465
Only that his job was still paid, because like I've said, it was a cushy job. He had everything covered, doing literally nothing.
And he managed to lose it.
>>
Wow, so many manchildren crying about it, I guess people just can't look away like that one dude said
>>
>>51582062
>Ever being taught that England/Britain was at war with France
Nope, don't remember it. Maybe if you count 1066 with William the Conqueror, but you can imagine how that's spun

>>51582147
>which basically means as far as British schooling goes, slavery, rise of Hitler, civil rights in America/Vietnam, Russian Revolution, the English Civil War and the homefront in WW2
So I was born in '93 which means it'd be around '09 (I'm not going to bother finding out the exact year) when I finished High School. The subjects I remember (in no particular order) were

>1066
>Tudors (mostly Henry the VIII's wives, how Elizabeth was a virgin and there was an Armada that angered the wind god)
>Guy Fawkes
>Franz Ferdinand'd assassination caused WW1 but NOTHING ELSE. Seriously, I had graduated before I learned that Austro-Hungary & The Ottoman Empire existed
>Napoleon existed and Britain defeated him at Waterloo. Notice everything I've left out there?
>Marie Curie is famous and this is why
>Hitler, but nothing detail, just a basic summary
>Slavery, from the average slave's perspective, America had a civil war at one point, Lincoln was assassinated at one point (you're left to assume someone was his Vice President but that's for your own time) and the conclusion of this North vs South civil war ended Slavery everywhere overnight
>Shakespeare, although your English lessons would teach you more about the man
>Rome as far as Jesus is concerned
>Life for the average person during the Battle of Britain. Not the Battle of Britain beyond that

Actually that's something of a theme, they seemed far more intent on showcasing the average life for someone commoner than the actual event, period, build-up or consequences

I'd also like to say that History lessons were largely a brief summary lacking in anything important (it's more like name dropping the lead actor sans everyone else)

I can't stress enough how much more I learned from taking an interest after school. RE was even worse
>>
>>51608798
Wait... I can understand American education pretending that the civil war was the end of slavery...
but the British system doesn't even bring up their nation's part in ending it?
>>
>>51608853
Not him but my guess would be this "education" system tries to appeal to what students already know through pop culture. And pop culture is overwhelmingly American culture.
>>
>>51608853
They don't teach you it did, rather they don't teach you it didn't

The Civil war is the thing everyone knows about so you get taught it happened. Not what happened, that it happened.

Everyone else's hands in slavery (or even that not all slavery was the Chattel flavour) aren't touched upon.

I'm serious, as far as my education was concerned Portugal was just a name on a map, France had nothing to do with America ever, Spain fell off the face of the earth after it's Armada sunk and Britain & America were always on largely good terms.

The don't teach you untruths, they just omit 99% of everything

>>51608900
This is also very valid
>>
>>51591737
>>51582052
In the video he was talking about castles in peacetime. So three is pretty likely in that case.
>>
File: fire-arrows-1[1].jpg (64KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
fire-arrows-1[1].jpg
64KB, 960x640px
>>
>>51608101
Not "less wizards". "Fewer wizards than non-wizards." Wizards are common, but still not the majority.
>>
>>51608798
>Those fuck-huge gaps between things
But... why?

I mean what's the point of teaching history without keeping continuity?!
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.