[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever played a wizard who had really low wis and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: seskapop.png (55KB, 389x400px) Image search: [Google]
seskapop.png
55KB, 389x400px
Have you ever played a wizard who had really low wis and int?
What was it like?
>>
>>51570750
Mental stats generally don't influence my character's behavior.
I might pretend I don't know what a rare monster is if my int score is low but that's about it.
They're just there for rolls, really.
>>
File: ha.jpg (10KB, 425x309px) Image search: [Google]
ha.jpg
10KB, 425x309px
>>51570750
If were talking Dnd 3.5 (not too familiar with newer systems) pretty sure theres a minimum int requirement to cast spells.

To which I say, hilarious. Now I'm gonna play a 10 int wizard, only access to cantrips.
>>
>>51570750
I read a pretty good story about a 5e Half-orc Wizard with an 8 int. Basically focused on spells with Saving throws, were unblockable, or work as utility, then put everything into Con and Strength. Turned out to be one one of the most useful characters in the game. I think it was a story back on Plebbit though.
>>
>>51570750
It's called a Sorcerer
>>
File: 1475295430546.png (19KB, 160x186px) Image search: [Google]
1475295430546.png
19KB, 160x186px
I can't bring myself to give a wizard a low casting stat, but I go minimum Wisdom nearly every time.
>>
>>51570750
He just did what he did, and let the Supernal figure out how to mesh it with Fallen principles.

I mean, it didn't burn any fucking less when he immolated that Vampire.
>>
What if, a valley girl sorcerer?
>>
>>51570920
Came here to post this
>>
All my wizards are ultimately low int, low wis as they're being played by someone with at best middling wis and int trying to talk like a world class genius.
>>
>>51571153
then Seska
>>
>>51570871
There is. Which is why it should be very clear that we're not talking about 3.pf

>not too familiar with newer systems
4e has no attribute restrictions
5e limits spells like 3e, iirc?
AD&D and 2e require Magic-Users have 9 Int
So do B/X, BECMI, and RC, IIRC?
LBB/OD&D and Holmes have no restriction
>>
>>51571501
>AD&D and 2e require Magic-Users have 9 Int
It does have casting requirements, but they kick in pretty late; 9 int was enough for level 5 spells (which was the cap in BG1 for a pure wizard); a relatively mediocre 12 int gets you level 6 spells, which is just about the highest level range most AD&D campaign will end up, so a functional AD&D wizard definitely didn't need to be in mensa.
>>
>>51570750
Not as a player, but as a DM. I had the party face a dojo of "Muscle Wizards". It was 5th edition so INT is only needed if you're casting spells that require saves or attack rolls. Instead they focused on buffs, utility spells, and spells that deal damage even on a failed save.

They weren't stomped as hard as I expected them to be since the party got the bright idea to challenge the wizards to one on one fights.
>>
No.
>>
>>51570750
>Have you ever played a wizard who had really low wis and int?
Thanks OP, I just got cancer from that post.
>>
>>51570750
I remember playing one game of D&D with a twist.
We started character creation by choosing a class, my pick was a wizard, because I didn't get to play a regular mage type of guy before.
Then we proceeded to roll characteristics from top to bottom.
Now, this wen't as you might expect.
Really high strength and constituton if I recall correctly.
Really low int and wisdom.
Now I might be telling bullshit now but I remember that you needed something like 10 int or wis at least to be able to cast even the most basic spells.
My skill was a proud 9 on that field, but we found a fluffy explanation.

My character attended the school for mages or wizards (this was pretty detailed), but being unable to read like the dumb fuck he was, he was quickly expelled.
The last thing he did was stealing one random page from a tutors book.
After a long period of trial and error he was able to use the spell "Grease" once a day, if he took the time to remember the moves and random (for him at least) words he needed to say before covering a small area of floor with magic grease.
I realize it was stupid, but we did have fun and I tried to avoid "stupid-trying-to-be-funny" while roleplaying and going more for "stupid-in-a-sad-way-of-being-in-his-own-world".
>>
Wizards with low int are pretty hard to make. I guess you could try for some kinda idiot savant: fiendishly capable in the field of magic, an utter fucking retard everywhere else.
>>
File: 124354321.png (593KB, 684x731px) Image search: [Google]
124354321.png
593KB, 684x731px
>>51576261
Basically Annis
Strongest caster on the continent but is rather clueless when it comes to anything else
Even when she does cast shes infamously known for killing allies on accident so she gets deployed alone
>>
File: 1404009745359.jpg (461KB, 812x850px) Image search: [Google]
1404009745359.jpg
461KB, 812x850px
>>51570951
Can't you use Feats to use a different stat?

I find it hard to believe that in the supplement edition of 3.x, there's no Feat like that.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.