[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The most intense shit you've ever had go down in a game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1673.jpg (189KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1673.jpg
189KB, 2048x1536px
The most intense shit you've ever had go down in a game?

>be me, playing my first ever campaign, with my friend running his first ever campaign
>the genre is supernatural horror, and the setting is Riihimäki, Finland because why the fuck not
>decide to make my character a lawful good, aggressively pacifist laestadian boy for shits and giggles, a sexually repressed some-hair-short-of an offensive stereotype

>first game on, we face a dude who is close to turning into a monster. He begs us to kill him before it happens
>being completely green newbies both in and out of the game, we refuse to
>the turns, and fucking thing almost kills the whole party.
>We survive by throwing a molotov cocktail at it and burning down the entire Riihimäki library

>months of time later both in-game and out, we are supposed to go monster-hunting to this local cemetery
>for the first time ever, the laestadian boy asks for a weapon to defend himself with
>all his stats are min-maxed to intelligence and spirit, he is a comically feeble thing that couldn’t commit an act of violence if he tried
>our mentor NPC in the game gives him a baseball bat engraved with all sorts of fascinating religious and spiritual symbols
>the weapon has +4 strength, so it can turn the feeble boy into as powerful a fighter as all the others are, and could turn any of THEM into a destroyer of the worlds

>we head for the cemetary and bump into some random, obnoxious teenagers
>the laestadian boy begs for them to leave, it’s not safe to be there, there’s monsters out there
>obnoxious teenagers are fucking obnoxious teenagers and won’t listen
>a fight breaks out

>it turns out that their leader is a fucking vampire
>she bites one of the members of the band of teenagers she had around and disappears
>>
>the laestadian boy recalls the first incident in the library, and how he and his new peers nearly died for failing to kill a monster before it turned
>the swing of the holy baseball bat fucking thoroughly destroys a 15-year-old boy’s head

>the whole party is shocked
>the bat starts glowing and burning his hands
>he killed an innocent soul with a sacred weapon
>it brands the mark of the beast into both of his palms
>he loses the last scarce sanity points that he had

>the party gets out of there, leaving both the corpse and the holy baseball bat behind
>the laestadian boy is thoroughly broken, only muttering “it had to be done” over and over again as a madness mantra
>we realise it’s 2 am and it’s best to wrap up the game and call it a night

And I'm still here like "holy fuck".
>>
>>51569123
Sucks when you make a hard call with limited time in the field and get it wrong. Someone with more experience could deal with it, they'd be used to being wrong and fucking up sometimes, but it's damn hard for a green kid to get over killing their friend like that.
>>
>>51569740
Like his sanity is just 100% fried. And I've already gotten attached to that poor boy.
>>
Not as intense as OPs, but I got one.

>first DnD campaign ever
>only 3 of us, me as human paladin, friends as human druid and elf ranger. Bard dmpc to help us out, but does it well by not trying to take the spotlot. Helpful little satyr
>investigating a town, we find a secret entrance to the underdark.
>drow have been using it to come to the surface for some general drow fuckery
>we go in, wreck some shit, get rekt, retreat to heal up, then go back in
>I eventually did a dumb and got captured, buddies save my ass
>drow get reinforcements on the way, we book it again
>their leader is a caster type, pings me in the back a few times while I bring up the rear
>fucking ouch
>we get to the entrance again, which was in the basement of a building, shit starts shaking
>asshole drow is trying to bring the hole building down before we escape
>bard and druid get out first, ranger almost dead, and stops to drink a potion right in front of the door, because if one more shot gets by me, he's dead (getting pelted the whole time we ran)
>he did a dumb by stopping, thinking we were close enough to be safe (we thought only the tunnels were collapsing, to be fair)
>I did a dumb by not pushing him through the damn door, and just running by
>whole building drops down, a door of rock basically slamming in his face
>we all know what drow like to do to elves, DM says he's basically a goner
>hell no, rescue mission. I'm the tank, squishy party members don't die on my watch
>next session, pool our money, find a wizard with teleport
>scry the location of ranger, too late, he's dead Jim
>druid's got reincarnate, better than nothing
>his body is still on a sacrificial altar to lolth
>we pop in, fuck up the few drow there, grab the body, pop out
>druid casts reincarnate, due to some soul binding fuckery of sacrifice, instead of a new, random race body, reincarnates in the body of a dead drow we left back in the altar room
>FUCK
>cont'd
>>
>>51571670
>take out a tab for the wizard's services
>pop back in, grab him, pop back out
>everyone rolled shit on perception checks, didn't notice the assassins that followed us
>not until they blew a hole in the druid's chest the moment we thought we made it
>rekt the assassins, but too little too late
>druid dead, my paladin let someone die, AGAIN, ranger now hates himself
>next session, bard gets nabbed by the drow bbeg

Story wise, ended pretty dark, but everyone had fun and rolled with it. druid bro decided he wanted to try warmage, and retconned a "do no resuscitate/raise/reincarnate" last will on his character. Turns out his druid was the main target all along. We buried him in a forest and planted a tree over it.

I brought him back in a campaign I later ran as an NPC, several hundred year old wise tree of the forest type. Good times.
>>
>>51569085
Only war campaign, I'm playing a highborn spoiled little shit operator (both in class and wannabe operator with all the tacticool stuff he had) He's green as hell, chivalrous, absolutely convinced that he is superior to all lower classes, even pulled some strings to get a stormtrooper into the squad as a bodyguard, and can't speak a lick of low Gothic (which he was very proud of)

What started out as a light-hearted "hey, let's not play 'genre savvy, the IG squad' " took a hell of a turn.

After an initial trench fight where we got to meet our grizzled sarge attached from another regiment, we set off on a recon assignment, aka our supposed specialty. Said recon assignment immediately had great success and discovered a Leman Russ Demolisher. And then my character who had like 50 agility proceeded to miserably fail his dodge operate check twice and crash into a tree, knocking myself and the Sarge's follower out. The GM happily informs me that I've been captured by slaneeshi cultists as the rest of the party tries to regroup, and we decide to go grab some food while the GM comes up with the next step.

What I said next will forever haunt me as one of the dumbest things I've ever said. While in said car with GM, I proceeded to explain how slaneeshi worked to another player who wasn't as familiar. I then proceeded how they got off on new sensations, pain, torture, etc. as well as art and just general sensation, and it was kind of sad how all people do was treat them as sex freaks. The GM sat there the whole time not saying a word. He was fucking planning the whole time, innocently knocking back his milkshake, smiling the whole time. Had I know what he was planning I probably would've just left them there.
>>
>>51572099
Some backstory about the Sarge's follower. At this point literally we knew was that she was a

>20 year veteran
>spoke flawless high gothic
>really hated cultists
>was a nihilist
>her name was Izzy

I woke up in an incredibly ornate room with a beautiful bed, lewd art, fancy ornaments, the whole 9 yards, with Izzy just sitting there on the bed facing the wall with her back to me. Que immediate rape dungeon jokes until I open a drawer. Instead of sex devices, I instead find hideous needles, scalples, hooks, vials with foul liquid, pliers, and all sorts of horrible torture devices. I attempt to ask Izzy what is going on but she hasn't said a word. Instead, she merely starts undoing her armor. Her back is absolutely covered with scars.

Now even my Blueblood dumbass could start to take a hint as this point, but the loudspeaker confirmed my fears. I was welcomed, and then essentially told "guess what, you're on Saw, Slaneeshi cult edition". The rules were simple, we were locked in, no food or water would be provided until we provided some "entertainment". The announcer then said with particular glee that I was lucky, Izzy was an old favorite and I lucked out drawing her. She'd been on the show several times.

Upon realizing that my options were

>carve up a woman who saved my life not even 3 days ago
or B
>starve to death

I naturally took the second choice. I started off strong, as only a wet behind the ears rookie can, but things started getting worse. Around day 3 I was pretty hungry, and I started breaking down begging her to fight me, torture me, just do something so that I could eat. She never moved a muscle.

Eventually what I can only assume was the cult leader walked in flanked by several guards. He commended me for my strength of will and hinted that only one other person lasted this long. He then offered me a "prize" and produced some odd meat.

Obviously I didn't want anything to do with that, but I failed the willpower check to resist.
>>
File: tmp_71741481301160754676151758.gif (1MB, 260x187px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_71741481301160754676151758.gif
1MB, 260x187px
>>51572222
>mfw he tells me where the meat is from

One bout of intense insanity points and horrible retching later, and they left.

I am at wit's end. The GM is making me roll more and more tests to resist with higher penalties, repeatedly asking "are you sure you don't want to just do it? She almost certainly won't fight you." The other players are just watching me in mute horror, thankful that all they had to deal with was horrifically accurate snipers hunting them in the woods as they staged a rescue mission.

Finally, the loadspeaker comes back on. The gamehost is not amused. I've got 15 minutes to make a show or he's gonna pump gas into the chamber and kill us both. At this point I don't know what to do. I plead with Izzy one more time to do whatever she wants to no avail. I scramble around the room trying for the 8,000th time trying to find a way out, but eventually I just started praying. The sarge that Izzy followed (his name was Merrick) was a DMPC made to fill the gap that we had left because none of us wanted to play one. In the few short hours we had known Merrick, we had seen him

>charge across no man's land dodging multiple shots without dodge
>critically kill multiple cultists with his shotgun
>passe multiple first aid checks without knowing first aid
>singlehandedly drag my broken ass to the evacuation Valkyrie after he dodged 10 stunner shots in full flak without dodge and the rest of us got hit immediately.

At this point, sarge was the closest thing to salvation I had left, as his ability to defy the GM's to get him to fail were my only hope. I knew OOC he was breaking in to find us, but intentionally ignored the rolls so I wouldn't metagame too much.

As the clock struck two minutes, with a loud chorus of low Gothic swearing and banging, sarge fell through the vents in front of me. I could've missed him, I've never been so happy to see an NCO.
>>
>>51572318
>all this autocorrect going on,

I hate this phone.

I'm going to save the rest for now, but suffice to say it got pretty crazy from there. There were several other "tests" that popped up afterward as we made our way out, breaking out other party members along the way. The most difficult part was keeping Izzy and sarge from killing themselves. Izzy was suffering serious PTSD, and sarge was ready to sacrifice himself in an instant to save her. At one point I had to wrestle a grenade out of his hands just to get him to see reason as we were locked into a small room, it got that tense. It was draining but we all agreed it was a good session, if only in that we got pretty into our characters and it really tested how idealistic our characters truly were.

If this thread is still up in 12 hours I'll probably post a condensed version of the other events in that base, once I've turned the autocorrect off and have more time to type correctly.
>>
File: Bard1.png (342KB, 719x1362px) Image search: [Google]
Bard1.png
342KB, 719x1362px
>>
File: Bard2.png (329KB, 716x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Bard2.png
329KB, 716x1440px
>>51572515
>>
File: Bard3.png (199KB, 716x954px) Image search: [Google]
Bard3.png
199KB, 716x954px
>>51572521
>>
I got one.
>>5e, I'm a home brew half-ogress champion fighter.Party has a dryad ranger... and a few others I can't remember.
>>Fight a slaad and all but one of us gets impregnated with tadpoles.
>>I panic, in real life. Now hellbent on finding some way to get out of this.
>>DM got us stuck in the middle of nowhere. No help.
>>I'm visibly freaking out over this for some reason- body horror probably
>>Friend suggests using cold hands to stall the tadpoles growth while we get back to town
>>I almost quit because that was so mentally horrifying for me

I quit later, for other reasons, but I had to make myself play again after that incident. It still shakes me up. That feeling of inevitable death and having no control over it...

Reminds me of my LAST PFS game where the DM trapped me in a magically dark room with mantles... emphasis on last game.
>>
>>51569085
What system? Sounds like good shit, bro.
>>
>>51573712
>That feeling of inevitable death and having no control over it...
That sounds fucking awesome, I would love to feel fear in dnd
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.