[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you like your Dragons /tg/? Do you like them to follow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Divine Dragon.png (635KB, 1024x853px) Image search: [Google]
Divine Dragon.png
635KB, 1024x853px
How do you like your Dragons /tg/? Do you like them to follow the archetypal western or eastern design? Or do you like them to be uniquely designed for your setting.
>>
'Western' design, since I like people to immerse themselves in my fantasy.

Big ass reptiles, basically.
>>
I enjoy the spectrum.

For traditional western fantasy, traditional western dragons fit best, although variations can be fun if you're globetrotting/planehopping.

Super weird dragons tend to work best from weird outer planes or if you're doing something odd, like JRPG-esque science fantasy world.
>>
File: loli dragon kneel.jpg (163KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
loli dragon kneel.jpg
163KB, 700x1000px
I like 'em cute as fuck
>>
>>51558515

Different dragon-designs for different settings.

Variety is the spice of life, and spice must flow.
>>
The higher up they are in the hierarchy, the more control they have over their appearance and the weirder their look. The dragon patriarchs may look like divinely beautiful humans with glowing eyes or eldritch tentacled monstrosities that stretch from horizon to horizon; most of them wouldn't even be recognised by anyone as a dragon.

The lower you get in the hierarchy, the more uniform their shapes become. It is here that you get Longs and all the other unusual, but recognisably draconic creatures.

The most common dragons, which are also the ones an average person has the best chances of meeting with, are fairly typical Western dragons.
>>
>>51558515
I like having a whole Dragon-spectrum in my setting.
From Western Dragons, to Eastern Dragons, to Wyverns, to Drakes, to Wyrms, and more.
>>
>>51558515
I like them being envisioned as forces of nature, or something of equal importance like a divine being punishing a society. And badass as fuck
>>
>>51558515
I fucking loved that game as a kid, that design is nice because it does seem like a 'dragon' the silhouette is close but its so strrange and alien all the same.
>>
File: tumblr_ny8rl7JgMq1ut99uwo1_500.gif (1MB, 496x277px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny8rl7JgMq1ut99uwo1_500.gif
1MB, 496x277px
Western dragons, but damn if I'm not in love with this design.
>>
>>51559283
Honestly dragoon had some of the most creative and fascinating creature design i've ever seen, Its one of the most original High fantasies and i love it!
>>
>>51558515
I like them to be varied. So you've got the "snake body with two arms" linnorms, the western style metallic dragons, wyverns, asian style Imperials, vaguely dinosauroid drakes, and all that shit.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.