[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never run/played an evil campaign. What are they like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

File: 1475583963426.jpg (376KB, 1280x1495px) Image search: [Google]
1475583963426.jpg
376KB, 1280x1495px
I've never run/played an evil campaign. What are they like?

Do they usually end up playable? Cerebral manipulation of events and NPC to suit your own desire to accumulate power. Competing, in a manner, against your party members.

Do they end up turning into a war game where constant random violence and murder is briefly interrupted by short bouts of RP. Usually involving punching things and threatening people?

Do they go really dark. Like some people wouldn't be able to handle what's going on and players find themselves having to question their own morality over some of the things they come up with?

Do they delve deep into magical realms or edgefest?

Do they do all of the above, with different players trying to take the game in every other direction, resulting in a riotous good time/falling out?

ITT: Describe your EVIL campaign

BONUS: Post evil character art
>>
>>51553807
>>
File: 1481435714987.jpg (249KB, 800x1119px) Image search: [Google]
1481435714987.jpg
249KB, 800x1119px
>>51553962
>>
File: 1481439080959.jpg (280KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481439080959.jpg
280KB, 1280x960px
>>51553983
>>
>>51553994
>>
File: 1483191337018.jpg (457KB, 1600x2261px) Image search: [Google]
1483191337018.jpg
457KB, 1600x2261px
>>51553807
i ran a few games of black crusade
the dm was a pants on head retard but it went kinda like this
>recruited by big badass to go do evil shit
>something vauge that has to be done gradually
>corrupt planet, not just go here kill x
>try to blend in
>steal resources and plant the seeds of a "revolution"
>>
>>51553807
Playing in one at the moment, so I'll fill you in.

>Do they usually end up playable? Cerebral manipulation of events and NPC to suit your own desire to accumulate power. Competing, in a manner, against your party members.
There is plenty of abuse of the Charm Person spell, as well as skills to whip our minions into a fervor. Bribery, threats, etc... the whole ball of wax.

>Do they end up turning into a war game where constant random violence and murder is briefly interrupted by short bouts of RP. Usually involving punching things and threatening people?
Nah, there is a lot of scheming, and we backbite each other a little, but we agreed at character creation not to screw each other over royally, and to work together (in general) to take over the land and assert ourselves into a place of power. There has been a lot of killing, kidnaping, and we keep some slaves though. Food doesn't produce itself, and Orcs and Goblins are poor farmers.

>Do they go really dark. Like some people wouldn't be able to handle what's going on and players find themselves having to question their own morality over some of the things they come up with?
We're all veteran RPers so we don't really have this problem. We are not our characters, and we realize this. Still, our characters probably aren't as evil as they could be, but there comes a point where being super evil really isn't practical.

>Do they delve deep into magical realms or edgefest?
The former was nipped in the bud when we discussed the idea of "implied evil acts" and agreed to leave rape and stuff off the table RP-wise for ease, but that it was something that probably happened since we have Orcs, and we're evil.

>Do they do all of the above, with different players trying to take the game in every other direction, resulting in a riotous good time/falling out?
We're actually remarkably coherent as a group, even though two of us are jousting each other to be the "top dog" as it were of the group.
>>
>>51553807
The evil oneshot I played before cast us as CIA operatives trying to destroy a budding democracy and turn the country into our puppet using D20 Modern rules.

Since it is an oneshot, we are charged to assassinate a local politician who act as a peacekeeper between local factions and to pin his murder on as many local factions as possible. We did this by simply killing other factions first, collect their bodies and then toss the bodies around the place after we kill the politician.
>>
File: lool.jpg (90KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
lool.jpg
90KB, 1280x768px
>>51553807

Evil campaigns are so much better.
>>
>>51553807
>What are they like?
Player driven. In my experience, in an evil campaign, you don't want to provide a plot. You provide a setting, and the players decide how best to get what the want out of it. They inherently require more improvisation out of the GM, as villains often simply don't care about ''what should be done'' like heroes do, so their actions are almost impossible to predict. A supervillains campaign I ran involved me just having to wing it when my players said things like ''today we're going to rotate a major metropolitan transport hub 180 degrees'' or ''this week we're going to sink a world famous art museum completely underground'' or my personal favourite ''we've decided to kidnap One Direction and force them to make a charity single promoting peace in the Middle East as the first step in our grand plan to make the country love us, purely to irritate the heroes who damn well know we're evil''.
>Do they usually end up playable? Cerebral manipulation of events and NPC to suit your own desire to accumulate power. Competing, in a manner, against your party members.
Only in Black Crusade. And even then, I tend to find that the player party sees each other as useful allies rather than competition.
>Do they end up turning into a war game where constant random violence and murder is briefly interrupted by short bouts of RP. Usually involving punching things and threatening people?
The violence was never random, only direct and to the point in order to remove obstacles. The RP is usually the villains laughing with each other about how hilariously their plans went off the rails and/or how well they wrecked their enemies day.
>Do they go really dark. Like some people wouldn't be able to handle what's going on and players find themselves having to question their own morality over some of the things they come up with?
Eh, one player had a backstory involving flat out Nazi experimentation, but in play he was literally the most cheerful and upbeat character.
>>
>>51553807
>>51554480
>Do they delve deep into magical realms or edgefest?
Onl in Black Crusade and only if Slaneesh is involved. And it was barely magical realm, it wasn't like there was fucking ERP at the table.
>Do they do all of the above, with different players trying to take the game in every other direction, resulting in a riotous good time/falling out?
Yes on the riotous good time, no on the falling out. Mostly they'll argue about what to do until someone suggest something that makes everyone laugh and go ''oh shit yeah, that's what we should do''.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.