[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /tg/. What would the end of the world in your setting look

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: apocalypse-triptych-feat.jpg (199KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse-triptych-feat.jpg
199KB, 660x330px
Hi /tg/.

What would the end of the world in your setting look like? Prophecies, religious texts, everything is relevant. Or, if it already happened, describe how it went down.
>>
The flat world finishes spiraling towards the sun, and the ever-burning wildfires in the South spread across the world, leaving the civilizations of men and monsters alike as ash and dust.
>>
In the year 1999, deep in the Miskatonic Mountain range, a special response team like SWAT responded to the kidnapping of the mayor's daughter by a cult. After subduing the cult and killing its twisted monstrosity of a leader, the squad commander finished the ritual, much to his squad's horror, and sacrificed the girl. Beasts, twisted and nearly unkillable, descended from the mountain and spread like a cancer across the Earth. Now the remnants of mankind are holed up in a single grand city surrounded by a blighted hellscape. This is the world of Hellscape 202X.
>>
I'm afraid it's gonna make no sense unless you're already familiar with the setting at least on a basic level. The world in question is really pretty much a gigantic destroyer spaceship that a cosmic god built to kill all of his brothers and reign supreme over the universe. However, when they besieged his ship, he shut himself in the inner sanctum in the centre of the planet and went into hibernation. He never planned in advance for life to spring on his ship, but it kind of did without his involvement, and there's one race in particular that found out about him and began to worship him. They had ups and downs, but, long story short, eventually they found their way to the ship's control panel and tried to wake their god up. What they did instead was freeze the entire world and all life on it.

But it's okay because the leader of the dark elves used the only charge of his time machine that he's been building for thousands of years to create an alternative timeline where none of this happened instead of a timeline where there elves are the only race in the world as he had originally intended. Of course, in the new timeline nobody knows what he did and everybody keeps hating him.
>>
Oh boy, I always wanted to share this. My games never last long enough, but I think it's decent.

It will begin during a great tragic event, like a large-scale war, a world crisis, a massive disaster or other similar occurence that causes negative emotions in lots of people.

The first sign is very subtle. People start having a lot more nightmares. Some are very similar, and the cause is largely considered to be related to the event above. It gets more common, and starts occuring to people that weren't harmed by the event in any way. Soon, everyone either doesn't have dreams or has bone-chilling nightmares every night.

The second sign is the re-appearance of mythical monsters. Not your typical unicorns and griffons. The kind that is known as bogeymen. They snatch children, kill people and drive them insane or just scare out of their minds. Roughly one in ten thousand deaths or disappearances is the work of bogeymen. It gets recorded, word spreads. It's known that bogeymen are real now, some even get captured, but they can't really be harmed and escape given the slightest opportunity. A shadow, a corner, an enclosed space, a crack, or a reflective surface is enough.
They don't actually exist, but are projections of peoples' deepest fears and phobias on the collective mindscape of the humanity.

Cont.
>>
>>51545666
After some time, people that went missing or were killed by theim start appearing. This is the point of no return, and the end can't be prevented, only delayed. They don't have any memories of themselves, and slip into a deep coma soon after they are discovered. Brain activity scans show that they are having constant nightmares.This is where things get troubling. If they die, their nightmares manifest themselves in an area around them, the size of which is dependent on the willpower of the person in question, but is very rarely smaller then a three mile radius circle. The reality in these areas becomes similar to the dreamscape, with its laws defined by the dreamer himself. Except that the dreamer is dead and can't fix anything, especially if he didn't become lucid. What is worse, everyone who dies in the "dream" area becomes the center of a new "dream" area, and the overlap is a horrible mess of monsters, places where laws of physics work incorrectly or don't work, nonsensical phenomena, and other nasty things.

The end result is the world where the last remnants of humanity remain in relatively stable areas and have to protect comatose people, now known as "the sleepers", or their little enclave of sanity will become another piece of surrealistic hellscape.

tl;dr - nasty shit happens, the world becomes "Stalker meets Lovecraft's Dreamlands meets Inception meets Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind meets Inception"
>>
>>51545003
The biblical end. With trumpets, fire from the sky, falling stars, floods, storms, beasts turning rabid and slaughtering everyone, giant battle of angels and fallen angels, and the rest of it. Because it's really cool imo, and I'm not even religious
>>
>>51545048
Sounds odd. Why would the world stop spiralling and why would the wildfires spread? Aside from "magic", of course.

>>51545132
I'm pretty sure I saw a d20 hack just like that. It was less than average in quality.
>>
The gods and their respective kingdoms war until the planet is completely drained of resources and nothing is left. Everything goes extinct.

Then the match is reset and it happens all over again. They're effectively playing a cosmic game of Civilization.
>>
>>51546144
I think, from how I read it, by "finishes spiraling towards the sun" they meant it went into the sun/burned up entirely.
>>
God wakes up.

Without a suitable replacement, the universe ceases to exist along with everything in it.

It's base idea is ripped off from TES with a bit of the Dragon's Dogma Chain thrown in, with a few major changes. Namely that God has become semi-aware that he is dreaming, however is actively fighting to avoid waking up until he can find a suitable replacement to take over the dream when he awakes.
>>
>>51545795
The behemoth, leviathan, and The Beast are all pretty rad.
>>
The gods begin to die or disappear, and with them the things that are within their domains. First the sun god leaves mysteriously and suddenly and the world is plunged into eternal night, lit only faintly by the moon(it's magical fantasy, so the moon can still glow without the sun) and stars. When the God of flame dies, so too does warmth leave the world and a terrible frost spreads. Oceans dry up, trees and animals wither and die, etc. soon even death ceases to occur and everything is suffering, unending plain and misery for those that remain.
>>
>>51545003
Ruined husks of the gods rain down from the skies, in the forests and from the oceans and in the dark places of the world monsters rise and lay waste to the realm of man.

With a shuddering quake, the firmament cracks asunder and the world starts to fall apart at the seams. There is a horrible sensation of finality, and then reality falls apart into the abyss.
>>
Stops existing altogether in every single point in time.

That's what Uncreation does, kids.
>>
>>51546144
This anon is correct:
>>51546892
The world has been moving closer and closer to the sun for ages, and the "burn line" of the world keeps creeping a little further year by year.

The "North" is also an eternally-frozen wasteland, at least for now.

It's pretty a strange/silly setting/cosmology.
>>
>>51545048
but isnt the sun orbiting around the flat world ?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.