[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On the off chance this thread doesn't devolve into instant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Shtetl-scene-e1478352279710.jpg (35KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
Shtetl-scene-e1478352279710.jpg
35KB, 600x376px
On the off chance this thread doesn't devolve into instant /pol/trash:

The meme goes that no matter what happens to the nation, or possibly even the world, Jews survive. They take a weird sort of fatalistic pride in it. Half of them feel at all times like tomorrow they might be kicked out of their country or have it nuked off the face of the Earth, but they're all sure whatever happens, in some shape of form the Jewish people is going to remain, somewhere.

So, the logical conclusion: how'd you incorporate traditional Jewish culture surviving into a Mad Max type post-apocalyptic scenario? (presumably not in Australia, but maybe, you know, in the Los Angeles Wasteland or whatever)
>>
>>51539989
whatyya torkin about mate?
>>
>>51539989
>Meshugganeh Moishe, Road Cantor
>>
Throw in a kibbutz. Your civilization was destroyed and now you live in a desert? That's already happened to Jews (a couple of times.)

So, yeah, use resettlement of Israel as a model. Bunch of educated, first-world Jews building orderly walled farming communities in the desert. Each one is pretty collectivist, with people sharing resources and helping with farm work and construction. Scholarship and education of the youth remain high priorities. Because of that, the tech level stays high; a lot of kibbutzim are half farm, half manufacturing or programming.
>>
>>51540156

Not to make it sound too idyllic, of course. Kibbutzim have all the small-town gossip-mongering and squabbling you might expect, and young people often find it too structured and choose to leave.
>>
>>51540156
>tfw almost all you know about kibbutzim is from 4chan and most of it centers on how "sexually liberated" (read. massive bisexual sluts) they all are
>>
>>51540156
This
>>
Mad Moishe The Road Kibbutzer?
>>
>>51540192

That varies widely from one to another. Some kibbutzim are basically Jewish hippy communes. Some are super-conservative Orthodox religionfests. Most are somewhere in between.
>>
File: TRADITIOOOOON.jpg (523KB, 2888x1731px) Image search: [Google]
TRADITIOOOOON.jpg
523KB, 2888x1731px
>>51539989
Don't know how they'll survive, but one value is sure to hold the community together.
>>
>>51540234
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw
>>
>>51540252
Hey, gnomes.
>>
>>51539989
I always liked that in the Dune series most earth religions got rolled into the Orange Catholic Bible along with anti-thinking machine propaganda and Buddhism and Islam merged into Buddhislam at some point, but there are still a few isolated secretive Jewish community that get pogrom'd from time to time and move to a different planet.
>>
>>51540317
It's one of very few fiction books that read better in Hebrew than English, from my experience. Most of the terms, names and expressions can be better pronounced in it, not to mention all the terms that were in Hebrew anyway.
>>
>>51539989
I don't know much about Jewish culture or religion other than they call their churches synagogues, their Sunday is actually on Saturday, and sometimes they wear little round flat hats.

I do know that they're usually pretty dedicated to keeping the word alive (I think I read something about an old rabbi in a concentration camp who instructed a young boy on how to be his replacement). Remember that scene in Fury Road where one of the Brides is praying as they're fleeing the Warboys? I would imagine that despite their best efforts, a lot of the finer details would be lost. Even moreso if this was a silly apocalypse like Book of Eli, where in only ten or twenty years someone actually managed to remove every copy of the Gideon Bible from every motel room in the country.
>>
>>51539989
Well, you know that if there's a big world war Israel's gonna get fucked like all hell, so if someone's gonna Mad Max the shit up it'll be those guys.
>>
>>51539989
What do you mean by traditional Jewish culture though? Would it just be Fiddler on the Roof in the Wasteland, or survivalist Israeli army units that survived the End, or is it American Hollywood/Brooklyn Jews that survive?

Basically, Seinfeld with leather and spikes or Israel?
>>
>>51541005
IMHO all three would be hilarious. Or maybe combine elements from each (somehow), explaining it as cultural mutation following the apocalypse. Survivalist peasant lawyers living in an uneasy peace with the czar of Holy Wood.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.