[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to run a Caves of Qud campaign. I've been told Gamma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Gamma World.jpg (107KB, 614x800px) Image search: [Google]
Gamma World.jpg
107KB, 614x800px
I want to run a Caves of Qud campaign. I've been told Gamma World is basically that (or rather the other way around). Is it any good? What's the best edition? How is the game's own setting?
>>
GW was perhaps the best game setting.

I rolled a mutated psychic dog that out DM mutated my character with a human arm growing out the back so I could shoot guns too. Lol.

There was one edition that was terrible with a rainbow chart for success and failure. It sucked.
I think it was 2nd e. If I remember right, the edition the pic in the post was 3rd.

1st edition took a lot of post apoc and melded it with Teslas broadcast power model.

Our group eventually took over an airbase, rebuilt a grav car and restored broadcast powrer to the area, then we graduated high school and the game stuck there with an army of enemies at the edge of the compound.

That was 30 years ago, hope it helps.
>>
>>51541039
>That was 30 years ago, hope it helps.
>graduated high school

You are one old fuck, anon. What are you doing here?
>>
File: gammaworldflyinghippo.jpg (112KB, 450x407px) Image search: [Google]
gammaworldflyinghippo.jpg
112KB, 450x407px
>>51541437
Get with it newfag. Oldfags rule.

Now go roll up a flying mutant hippo.
>>
File: far-go.jpg (144KB, 605x780px) Image search: [Google]
far-go.jpg
144KB, 605x780px
>>51541039
1st edition was really really crunchy and was written just like original D&D with save vs death all over the place.

was extremely fun though. Blister Blaster armed, giant 1 eyed mutant chickens still send shivers down my spine. Famine in Far-Go was one of the best modules TSR ever released

2nd edition they tried to get away from how similar to D&D the game was. it failed

3rd edition was probley the best mechanically of any of the Gamma World editions. And they let you play intellegent plants!

There was a D20 version of Gamma World that came out. not bad.

the latest version is nice for quick 1 shots and a light fun game.

>>51541437
im almost 50. why the fuck wouldnt I be here. came for the /d/, stayed for the /tg/
>>
>>51539658
I've heard good things about the 4e stuff for Gamma World.
>>
>>51542469
>came for the /d/, stayed for the /tg/
I came for the /b/ and stayed for the /tg/
>>
>>51542724
/tg/ needs more /b/. We've lost the ability to laugh at stupid Shit and ignore shitposts.
>>
>>51542469
>Sad midlife crisis men with no irl waifus and legbeards make up most of /d/ it all makes sense now!
>>
>>51543040
>legbeards?

>Qud

Isn't that a holy shrine in Iran?
>>
File: World-Map.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
World-Map.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>51544638
>Qud

scifi roguelike on the same level of dorf fortress
>>
>>51544684
Except you know, nothing of what makes dwarf fortress dwarf fortress.
>>
>>51544684
Looks like Ultima III.
>>
>>51541437
You think he is the only one youngling? tg/ has the oldest anon population of any board on 4chan. I'm 47. Been gaming since the early 80s.
>>
File: IMG_5049.jpg (113KB, 472x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5049.jpg
113KB, 472x576px
Most recent game setting in the spirit of Gamma World would be Mutant Epoch imo.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.