[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guilliman Confirmed. Cypher + Fallen Angels confirmed not-Draigo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 422
Thread images: 67

Guilliman Confirmed.
Cypher + Fallen Angels confirmed
not-Draigo Confirmed.

Ready to get hyped.
>>
>>51538475
>Ready to get hyped.
You have to go back shill
>>
GUILLIMAN IS NOT AMUSED.
>>51538512
Not shilling, I'm just geniunly hyped myself. I havent been this enthusiastic about 40k in so many years. And I want to share the hype.
>>
>>51538475
>not-Draigo
It's Mordrak, you pleb.
>>
>>51538574
It is? Has it been mentioned somewhere?
>>
File: mat ward.gif (275KB, 400x378px) Image search: [Google]
mat ward.gif
275KB, 400x378px
>>51538475
THE SPIRITUAL LIEGE IS BACK BABY!
>>
>>51538549
>Not shilling, I'm just geniunly hyped myself. I havent been this enthusiastic about 40k in so many years. And I want to share the hype.
Whatever you say Mat
>>
this might be the only gathering storm book I actually buy

Getting an actual flat out "imperium fuck yeah" book for once would be pretty baller, instead of the usual phyrric-victory-but-everyone-bitches-about-marine-wank shit we've gotten the last few times.
>>
>>51538475
This has to be one of the ugliest GW miniatures I have ever seen.
>>
How do you guys feel now that the best prim arch is returning?
>>
>>51538549

>Literally used "GUILLIMAN IS HERE TO SAVE THE IMPERIUM"
>Mary suing intensifies into a thousand suns

When 40k writing became so bad. The mini looks ok i guess.
>>
File: roboute.jpg (126KB, 700x1147px) Image search: [Google]
roboute.jpg
126KB, 700x1147px
>>51538475
Cyper: Awesome, best of the three. Pose, cloak, everything is gorgeous.
Mordrak: Neat. Not exceptional, but still nice.
Roboute: What the hell is wrong with him? Something looks way off there, especially when compared to the FW version.
>>
>>51538475
Fuck, it's actually Age of Sigmar 2.0
>>
>>51538475
I for one think its awesme. I cant understand how this will fit into fall of cadia...
>>
>>51538714
Read the text on the right. It seems they are going tour with Eldar and then ending up in Ultramar.
>>
>>51538643
We'll see when they show his mini instead of this faggot.
>>
>>51538682
But it isn't. Read the leakers.

And even if it was? Who cares. You can drop the plastic crack (assuming you even buy any, when 99% of people who moan never own a single model)
>>
File: Priestley's Game.png (52KB, 1273x304px) Image search: [Google]
Priestley's Game.png
52KB, 1273x304px
>>51538475
>>51538643
I... I think I'm done with keeping up with 40k.
I have ridden this ride a while, and there's been ups and downs. But it's always been essentially what it was. I think paying attention is only going to make me less happy, to watch something I loved get its End Times.

I might check in a while, see if there's a 9th age equivilent, or if enough people followed 40k's new form through that it never happened. But for now, I think I'm going to put my White Consuls away and play more vidya or something. Maybe do the FoW army I've been considering a while.
>>
>>51538657
>What the hell is wrong with him? Something looks way off there, especially when compared to the FW version.
Look at his knees, and the cabling - he's not quite a dread or anything, but I don't think there's all that much left of G-Man's body after he's come out of stasis.

Mechanical limbs being oversized isn't really anything new.

While a few details are goofy and it's yet another over-designed piece (seriously the swirls are so unnecessary) I like the pose a hell of a lot more.

Not sure about the leg braziers though - they're an Imperial standard, we've seen minis with brazier hats, backpacks and things, but they're still a bit odd.

Though if there's a pic somewhere of new G-man where the main sources of light are his braziers, halo and maybe the sword, that'd look cool - a big armoured bastard lit up by the flames he's carrying is very old-school 40k
>>
>>51539041
Come join us a /fowg/, if you want tanks, you can have as many as your heart desires.
If you want infantry, it shall be yours.
If you want artillery, you can build an entire list of the stuff.
Go nuts with it.
>>
>>51538926
Even if it's not the full Sigmar, it's changing the status quo significantly enough that the Gathering Storm is already the biggest change since the 2->3e transition, including the last time they did the 13th black crusade.
>>
>>51539041
>to watch something I loved get its End Times.
Thats not what is happening

The story is moving forward slightly, not coming to a conclusion
>>
>>51539107
Weirdly, the ability to get everything without limitation is part of my dissatisfaction with the rules lately. Skew lists skew that much harder than they used to. Is that generally a problem with FoW?

(Although mainly, its the new lore that is getting my goat, FoW at least won't have the established lore altered so much.)
>>
>>51539154
>The story is moving forward slightly, not coming to a conclusion
Are you saying it will move forward and remain at this new cliffhanger for another 8 years or so? Is it a good thing to you?
>>
File: IMG_3280.jpg (182KB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3280.jpg
182KB, 650x823px
>>51539041
There literally is no End Times you retard.

How's it feel to have a whole company and Chapter Master slaughtered by Word Bearers? :^)
>>
>>51539154
>slightly
I'm less sure. I think it might not end 40k, but it will end the 40k I know. I think that by the time the storm has gathered, its not going to be the same setting.
>>
>>51539222
>its not going to be the same setting
Do you know what "setting" even means?

You have some seriously advanced retardation
>>
>>51539263
You are one dense shithead
>>
>>51539103
The torches are on the base. Its a crap photo at a bad angle
>>
>>51539263
>In works of narrative (especially fictional), the setting includes both the time and geographic location in which the story takes place.
It might be related to old 40k, but even if the timeline has only moved a few years, everything will be very different. Same as a story set in Precommunist Russia or Communist Russia would be different.
>>
>>51538475
Why are GW versions so shitty compared to FW? FW's Guilliman is heroic and noble. That looks over-the-top, cheesy and overall ridiculous. Not even a cape? wtf
>>
>>51538926
Where are these leaks you speak of?
>>
>>51539327
Where have you been the last 15 years? Under a rock?
>>
Source of inspiration.
>>
File: 1311828002391.png (45KB, 391x492px) Image search: [Google]
1311828002391.png
45KB, 391x492px
>>
>>51539367
I mean, that's the usual for GW of course, but this time they have a good reference, how can they fuck it up so bad?
>>
>>51539103
That doesn't look like he's mechanical to me, more they're making his armour look "older".

But he's just got nothing on the forge world model desu. No real character to it..
>>
>>51538475
Can you imagine the fucking hype on McCragge?

>Be an Imperial peasant
>Sell your daughter to get onto an off-world trading vessel.
>Travel through the warp for 6 months.
>Land on McCragge
>Wait in line at the gates of the Fortress Monastery for 3 weeks.
>Finally see the Primarch himself, trapped in stasis.
>What an incredible sight.
>Suddenly he stands up, defying the stasis field.
>He walks past you and gently asks "How long have I been asleep?"
>>
>Guilliman wakes up
>All these chapters not following the codex astartes
>instead of helping the imperium he makes things worse bringing the ultras on a crusade to force everyone to be codex-compliant to the letter

YOUR
SPIRITUAL
LIEGE
>>
File: image.png (734KB, 994x637px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
734KB, 994x637px
>>51539575
>2017
>not understanding girlyman's views on the codex
ISHYGDDT

Seriously though, girlyman was closer to captiam titus in terms of how he viewed it
>>
>>51538657
That one looks pretty bad to me. Forge World has done some good primarchs, but that's not one of them- I honestly prefer the new one.
>>
>>51538475
He looks twice as tall as the Marine next to him. He sure is a big guy,
>>
One thing I am interested in seeing is just what the Ecclesiarchy make of Guilliman and vice versa. The High Lords too for that matter
>>
>>51539327
Because if GW's looked better then no-one would buy the (more expensive I assume) FW model
>>
>>51539611
His pose is too passive. It's great for looking imperious, but I wouldn't use it as a centerpiece for my army.

Plastic Roboute actually has done weight and momentum to him. It looks like he's about to lay a big hurt on some traitors. I'd prefer if his armor had some more pteruges, though.
>>
>>51539103
Why would he be mechanical? He was poisoned by Fulgrim not torn apart. Has WD said he's been put into a robotic body to bring hi back to life?
>>
>>51539611
Yes, and even then GW's version is still worse.
>>
>>51539633
I think the Ecclisiarchy will be okay, but the High Lords I think may have issues - he had the title of Lord Commander of the Imperium, but that got abolished after the War of the Beast
>>
>A primarch wakes up
>Entirely OK with people viewing the emperor as a god
You know they're not going to touch on this.
>>
>>51539724
>I think the Ecclisiarchy will be okay
Not likely, they've taken over the Imperial powerbase and perverted the whole idea of the Imperium in a direction he wasn't in favor of.

Dude's going to be a fish out of water in the same way Greyfax was, potentially even worse. And I really, really hope they bring it up.
>>
>>51538643
alpharius looks better in metalic blue.
>>
>>51539354
...faeit. its not worth it.
>>
>>51538578

Heraldry on the model looks vaguely similar. He's also the only GK special character that never got a model and supposedly wields a daemonhammer like the model pictured does.

>>51539633

From what little I read of The Beast Arises, Vulkan did not take well at all to the Ecclesiarchy. This to me is what is going to be quite interesting since the current Imperium is not even the Imperium of M32.

>>51539726

I could see Guilliman begrudgingly leaving them in place since they unite the Imperium and give the people hope. There could be some changes in how they operate, though that arguably could go for a lot of departments.
>>
>>51539684
Poison can do some pretty serious damage, even to a Primarch.
Add some hasty stasis-ing, and the fact that he had just been in a duel against someone whose personality and corruption make a quick, clean kill unlikely. And then he's had to have been decanted from stasis too - plenty of room for that not to go well.

Mainly though I'm looking at the legs - they sure look mechanical to me. And the hands being really oversized

And there maybe was a rumour about Roboute being largely robot, but I don't know, that could have been a guy chatting shit

>>51539726
>>51539743
Hope they do - what with his record with Lorgar and all
>>
>>51539743
>>51539743
A reminder that Vulkan did nothing to remove the Church from power even when he was the last Primarch remaining in the galaxy.
>>
File: what.jpg (38KB, 720x564px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
38KB, 720x564px
>>51538475
>Ward gets hired
>a few months later we get this
you can't be fucking serious
>>
>>51539837
>that could have been a guy chatting shit
It was.
That said, robot gilamonster does look to have some robotic parts like you said.
If that's how GW explains the weird proportions then fine by me
>>
File: doctor Hue.gif (2MB, 280x242px) Image search: [Google]
doctor Hue.gif
2MB, 280x242px
>>51539770
>>
>>51539726
I guess they might say he is focusing on the immediate danger of Chaos, as opposed to the unenviable task of unfucking the Imperium? Still they can't just ignore it completely, especially considering people are probably going to try worshipping him or some shit
>>
>>51539852
reminder that vulkan is considerably less concerned with organizing shit and more concerned with bapping shit with his hammer
>>
>>51539837
I'd rather it just be a shitty model/angle desu, the smurfs have had a mostly mechanical leader for long enough, leave Girlyman intact I say.
>>
>>51539575
If this means the space wolves get purged, I'm OK with 40k End Times.
>>
File: 99120107003_DreadknightNEW_01.jpg (42KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120107003_DreadknightNEW_01.jpg
42KB, 600x620px
>>51539864
It could be why he has a Grey Knights special character in tow; he had to get sized up for a baby carrier.
>>
>>51539770
Top KEK
>>
If Cypher turns out to be the Lion, someone's going to have to be blammed for heresy and I'm not sure who.
>>
>>51539539
He was in the trunk of Cawl's Landmobile.

But Galgar was like the second favorite person in the Imperium after the Emps.
>>
>>51539944
>lion turns out to be a primarchlet
When will they learn
>>
>>51539944
Since when was the Lion half the size of Guilliman?
>>
File: Fallen.jpg (92KB, 636x322px) Image search: [Google]
Fallen.jpg
92KB, 636x322px
>>51538475
>Guilliman turned, his Terminator bodyguard closing around him as a robed figure emerged into the diffuse light of the bridge. His cowled features remained swathed in shadow. Beneath the pale robes, the newcomer wore dark power armor, and two ornate pistol grips in cross-draw holsters were clearly visible. Seeing the weapons, one of the Terminators stepped forward, and lightning claws slid from their sheaths with a metallic rasp. Crackling arcs of blue energy snapped from the blades. Guilliman watched the newcomer’s reaction as the Terminator advanced upon him.

>So fast that even Guilliman almost missed it, the figure drew and fired one of his pistols. A searing bolt of incandescent fire struck the Terminator, who sagged to his knees before crashing to the deck, a smoking hole punched through his molten breastplate. The other Terminators raised their weapons, but Guilliman halted them with a gesture as the figure spun the pistol and sheathed it in one smooth motion.

>>51538615
There's been far more bitching about Tau and Chaos wank than Marines. Even with Death Masque I recall the complaints revolving around the Ynnead plot and GW raping the lore rather than specifically who won (after all, thwarting Eldrad is no real accomplishment).

>>51539897
>the smurfs have had a mostly mechanical leader for long enough
Only in Rogue Trader.
>>
>>51539837
>And the hands being really oversized
Thats a primarch powerfist
>>
>>51540009
>Only in Rogue Trader.
they brought that bit of fluff trivia back with the swarmlord, with the new explanation being calgar got fucked up by it on macragge
>>
>>51540009
>this guy shot one of my most elite sons
>guess I should do nothing to avenge his death

Now you might argue that Gulliman is just being careful, or that the plot demands is forcing him to act this way, but either way that means he essentially willingly sacrificed one of his kin, his bodyguard, just to probe Cypher's reaction.

Still, it's better than Gav Thrope wanking all over the Dark Angel lore with his bookseries. Cypher ending up with the Ultramarines somehow is rather refreshing.
>>
>>51540048
that's just the cypher/abaddon meeting from the eye of terror campaign, mate
>>
>>51538475
>There are people on this board, who for years denied Guilliman returning just because healing in stasis is "impossible"
Lol. Welcome to Skubhammer 40k
>>
>>51538475
He looks like those 'just legally different enough' Primarchs you see other companies putting out.
>>
File: the ride is starting.jpg (692KB, 553x936px) Image search: [Google]
the ride is starting.jpg
692KB, 553x936px
>>51540084
Makes me wonder where GW is going with this.

Is it just trying to shake up the stasis a little, or is it planning to work through its own End Times scenario?

>inb4 GW wouldn't kill off their cash cow

Well they're doing something, and GW never does something without a (shitty) reason.
>>
>Gulliman gets a flaming sword.
>Celestine, who's sword is literally a flamer, didn't.

Lame. That Cypher is rad though.
>>
>>51538475
Oh well, better get ready for Horus Heresy 2.0.
>>
>>51540106
I'd guess they're shifting to a more 'heroic' setting with clearer Good/Bad divisions.
>>
File: 107.jpg (861KB, 1168x1633px) Image search: [Google]
107.jpg
861KB, 1168x1633px
>>51540036
They say he got fucked up (which IIRC was based on a much older, pre-Swarmlord battle report; the battle at Nothin Personnel Ridge definitely existed beforehand) but not that he lost all his limbs.

>>51540048
>>51540060
Just being cheeky.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030808225622/http://www.eyeofterror.com/uk/background/despoiler.htm
>>
WAIT A MINUTE.

Cypher was attacked by the Deceiver in the 13th Black Crusade and both were fighting inside the Warp.

How did Cypher survive and get to Maccrage? PLOTHOLE!

>624.M36 A Blade out of Time

>Although impossible to fix in time, this seems to be the first recorded instance where Cypher is seen carrying the C’tan phase knife – a weapon similar to the C’tan phase sword used by the Callidus Assassins. The blade of the knife can phase in and out of real-space by dimensional realignment, so it is capable of bypassing armour and protective fields. The knife was at some point lost in battle with the C’tan known as the Deceiver in the opening stages of the 13th Black Crusade, however, the battle occurred in the Warp and seems to have been subject to a strange loop in either the time continuum or reality itself. Cypher is most often seen without the blade, but true to its name, the knife occasionally phases back into being beneath his cloak.
>>
>>51540176
>PLOTHOLE!
no plotholes, the thirteenth black crusade was retconned all the way back in 5th edition

also as for your quote
>624.M36
>>
>>51538512
Is this /tv/ now?
>>
>>51540176
I think GW basically ignores everything related to the 13th Black Crusade campaign.

But if you still want to uphold it, maybe the Deciever was all 'hey I love you work, go and keep fucking things up for me.' Or the time loops that Cypher seems to go through means that in some timelines he managed to beat the odds, where in most he failed.
>>
sooo does this mean we are getting a second imperium triumverate box? Thats what it looks like.
>>
>>51540208
yes
>>
Wake me up once the orks start being up to anything.

I'm kinda baffled how much I do not care about this campaign...
>>
>>51539998
Maybe we should retcon xbox huge primarchs and Big E. It was retarded idea to begin with. Just make all of them around the same marine height and the Emperor somewhat shorter than his creations.
>>
>>51539154
Don't you get it anon

40k has to stay static so we can complain about nothing happening
>>
>>51540084
Which was dumb, since primarchs regularly did things considered impossible. Look at angron lifting a fucking warlord titan.
>>
File: 108.jpg (852KB, 1178x1627px) Image search: [Google]
108.jpg
852KB, 1178x1627px
>>51540176
>PLOTHOLE!
Can you stop doing this, Carnac.

>>51540189
>>51540203
That timeline thing is from Cypher's relatively recent dataslate fluff. Pic related was the original version.
>>
>>51540208
No, a space marine one.
While it's technically an imperial one, this is focusing on T4 master race, rather than T3 army plebs.

Everyone is getting something in the coming year according to GW. Wouldn't be suprised if 2017 ends with more loyalists than just girlyman back.
>>
This is just embarrassing.
>>
>>51540228
Thats because more than half of the playable armies are not only ignored, but dont even get a footnote.
>>
>>51540203
>>51540189
It's from 6th ED, not EoT.

>>51540256
Only when you admit the truth about Necrodermis.
>>
File: ad481d400d4c9ee7ef7246c52c168962.jpg (407KB, 1141x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ad481d400d4c9ee7ef7246c52c168962.jpg
407KB, 1141x1600px
What's the implication here with Robot Girlyman's return?
Will he be the head of the Ultramarines?
Will he replace the High Lords of Terra?
Will he found a new Imperium, since the empire became a bastardisation of the emperor's vision?
>>
>>51538475
#NotMyPrimarch
>>
>>51540419
Maybe a bit of everything. He's certainly the guy who can shake everything up the most in the Imperium, and the one with the drive to actually do it.
>>
>>51540419
He might be tempted to, but Guilliman isn't as retarded enough to start a civil war in the current climate
>>
>>51540419
Probably just the head of the Ultramarines and successors. He'd probably recognize the need of a 'civilian' government, while there are so many military matters to deal with.
>>
>>51539937

Someone please shoop the dreadknight pilot onto Roboute. Please.
>>
>>51540419
>My wings hurt.
>>
>>51540419
I think you're looking wayyyy too far ahead. At the current state, he'll wake up, be put in his fancy robot body, will be told there's fuckers to punch and he'll be on his way. He'd start fixing the Imperium if he had the time, but he doesn't.
>>
>>51539327
>That looks over-the-top, cheesy and overall ridiculous

Sounds pure 40K essence for me
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhgS_5r7drI
>>
>>51540644
But that's fucking boring and an easy cop-out? Why is GW waking him up when they wouldn't have him influence the story or lore?
>>
File: 134.jpg (381KB, 1120x1622px) Image search: [Google]
134.jpg
381KB, 1120x1622px
>>51540419
>Will he be the spiritual liege of all Space Marines... or the ACTUAL liege?
>>
>>51540419
Age of Ultramar
>>
>>51540009
Fake fanfic there
>>
>>51538475
>Guilliman returning before the lion or Russ
>rumor about it being sanguinius is complete bullshit
Ultramarinea confirmed best, inferior chapters BTFO
>>
File: 40kek.jpg (29KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
40kek.jpg
29KB, 292x257px
>>51540664
>>
>>51540679
Because that would advance the storyline wayyyy too far ya dingus. Just like Abaddon won't get to Terra or Ynnead won't directly attack Slaanesh itself.
They're advancing a minute closer to midnight, not more.
>>
>>51538615
This is a joke right?

I mean did you read Sanctus Reach/Damocles/Angel's Blade/Pandorax/Death Masque?

Holy shit they made Eldrad, supposedly the greatest seer in existence and the main character for the Craftworlds faction, job just to push Space Marines. When was the last time Dante lost a war against Mad Dok Grotsnik?

The best part is the latest White Dwarf saying Artemis won cause he's 'near-prescient'. Meaning Artemis is apparently confirmed as a better seer than the best Eldar Seer
>>
File: 1485660397509.png (70KB, 232x350px) Image search: [Google]
1485660397509.png
70KB, 232x350px
>>51540664
what a guy
>>
>>51540760

Slaanesh will die because they want to make the setting more child friendly and naked rape deamons are not child friendly at all. Abadon won't make it to terra because Guiliman is going to kill him. Guilliman will then make the Imperium noble in no time at all so they can be designated good guys and the chilins won't have to worry about complex grey morality any more. Also rip echlesiarchy so they can appeal to more fedoras.
>>
Ultra-marines
fuck yeah
Girlieman comin trough to save the day-a
>>
File: CVB280485-0620.jpg (189KB, 1670x700px) Image search: [Google]
CVB280485-0620.jpg
189KB, 1670x700px
>>51538475
>dat model
Oh come on GW.
>>
>>51538615
I don't get this anon. You act as if Marines get unfairly treated in the fluff.

I play Orks and Craftworld Eldar. Where are my 'fuck yeah' victories where I triumph totally?

I'd trade in my Santcus Reach, Death Masque and Valedor for you Damnos, Angels' Blade, Wolf hour any time. At least then I'd actually win the war for a change.
>>
>>51540799
>Slaanesh will die
Yeah, no, Ynnead's clearly shown he/she is more interested in killing the remaining Eldar than doing any harm to Chaos.
>>
>>51539522
lol statue
>>
>>51540846
>Yeah, no,
8+ dude, 8+
>>
>>51540764
Meant Damnos not Damocles. typo.
>>
File: 1484288661757-1.jpg (59KB, 229x348px) Image search: [Google]
1484288661757-1.jpg
59KB, 229x348px
>>51540664
too pure for this world
>>
>>51539177
FoW is (at least for the time being) still very grounded in history, so in theory it's possible to run a list with 6 kind tigers, but the crew is reluctant and the support choices are limited.
I reckon it's still well balanced, although some reckon the 1980s Soviet stuff is weaker than it should be.
>>
>>51538657
who?
though it was Garro
>>
File: 1486138449101.jpg (337KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1486138449101.jpg
337KB, 600x620px
>>51540505
Here's my one good deed for the day
>>
>>51540799
>Slaanesh will die
No it won't. Just because it was locked away temporarily in AoS doesn't mean they're going to scrap it entirely.
GW won't take it away to make it "kid friendly" in settings where it's all about who can kill someone the hardest. Stop seeing soccermoms and SJW everywhere. They wouldn't have put huge tits on Ynnead's avatar, Yvraine, Celestine and Greyfax otherwise.
The might use the occasion to give another dimension to Slaanesh, aka the one it's supposed to be, the god of excess. Too many times neckbeards have taken Slaanesh as the god of sex because they have the mentality of a 12 years old, but Slaanesh can be a lot more than tits strapped on a demon.
>>
File: 40.jpg (633KB, 1144x1615px) Image search: [Google]
40.jpg
633KB, 1144x1615px
>>51540908
Grey Knight Grand Master SC. Had rules in 5th edition, lost them in 7th because he didn't have a model (though he and his goasts still exist in fluff).
>>
>>51540988
awesome
>>
>>51539726
He wont be okay with it but Emperors power depends on peoples faith and without the Emperor the Emporium is dead.
Gotta ignore it
>>
File: efefef.jpg (376KB, 2187x1137px) Image search: [Google]
efefef.jpg
376KB, 2187x1137px
>>
>>51539837
> Roboute being largely a robot
...hehee ROBOUTE COP

I'm not sorry.
>>
>>51541023
Oh fuck me, the helmet looks so much better. And Cypher is gorgeous.
>>
File: basedmanlet.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
basedmanlet.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>51541023
>That helmet
YES
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-03-18-38-44.png (794KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-03-18-38-44.png
794KB, 1920x1080px
Sweet, he has a helmet. I'll most definitely buy the box then.
>>
>>51541042
>>51541035
>>51541023
>>
File: 1482963619393.jpg (509KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1482963619393.jpg
509KB, 1536x2048px
>>51540952
>GW won't take it away to make it "kid friendly" in settings where it's all about who can kill someone the hardest. Stop seeing soccermoms and SJW everywhere.
Whatever you say shill.
>Ynnead's avatar, Yvraine,
>huge tits
pick one
>Celestine and Greyfax
Wel!, they are body-positive, sucb people usualy have "huge" tits
>>
>>51541071
That isn't the Westfield GAME is it lad?
>>
>>51541071
*rattles tits* SHILLY SHILLY SHILLY SHILLY SHILLY SHILLY SHILLY SHILLY SHILLY SHILLY SHILLY SHILLY SHILLY SHILLY
>>
For fucks sake, I was going to start Iron Warriors. Looks like I better dust off my Ultramarines.
>>
>>51541023
Overall really great, but the swirls on Roboute's armor just feel kind of random.

And don't tell me he doesn't look vaguely like a Sigmarine, especially with that chestplate.
>>
File: 1434128773179.jpg (59KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1434128773179.jpg
59KB, 200x200px
>>51541023

>mfw Cypher looks Native America

WE TWO HEADS TALKING NOW
>>
>>51541071
>shill
>bodypositive
>all those memes in one post

You know Ivan, if you stopped being uch a cunt, maybe we'd give a shit abiut your opinion.
GW is doing great, they're doing choices I enjoy, and I like the hobby more now than in the past few years. All is good for me.
>>
>>51540686
Why does guiiliman have wings in that patch?
>>
>>51541129
t. GWdrone
>>
>>51541023
I'm thinking...there's not that many Ultramarines symbol on Roboute...
Maybe I could convert him.
>>
>>51541129
>we
Who?
>GW is doing great
Yeah they refocusing to the new audience, and trying to please more cual niche since FFG beat them out of 12+.
>I enjoy, and I like the hobby more now than in the past few years.
>t.8 yo kid
>>
>>51541128
You mean Zahariel
>>
>>51541150
t. Utter fuckwit
>>
>>51541023
> Helmet
Well the battle with Fulgrim probably teach him a thing or two now.
>>
File: 1463180755112.gif (927KB, 450x358px) Image search: [Google]
1463180755112.gif
927KB, 450x358px
>>51541150

It's okay Ivan, we know you have nothing better to do.
>>
>>51541174
t. dickhead
>>
>>51541177
Oooh snap!
To be fair it was a neck wound, so even with his bitchin helmet he wouldn't be protected against that.
>>
>>51541157

Into what?
>>
File: Deathwing last stand artwork GW.jpg (25KB, 400x294px) Image search: [Google]
Deathwing last stand artwork GW.jpg
25KB, 400x294px
>>51541128
Anon please I don't know what to do with this boner you're giving me
>>
>>51541178
>trying to shill so hard
>>
File: IMG_1709.jpg (30KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1709.jpg
30KB, 598x369px
>>51541185
Pretty sure I'm not the one getting mad at a board game.
>>
>>51539154
>The story is moving forward slightly
>muh story has to move
fucking retarded cunts, 40k its supposed to be a setting, not a story.
And to make things worse it is being terribly written.

Wrath of magnus was a fucking joke, the TS ended up being incompetent and got smacked like bitches.
Cadia literally exploded when supposedly Abaddon was the only one to have a planet killer gun.

shitty retcons, shitty retcons everywhere....
>>
>>51540912

Thank you, my friend.
>>
>>51541210
Something! Fuck If I know. Like a really big ass SM commander? Or hell, even the Emperor.
>>
File: 023.jpg (786KB, 1133x1622px) Image search: [Google]
023.jpg
786KB, 1133x1622px
>>51541130
Angels of Death.

Also not necessarily Guilliman since it's commemorating the First Tyrannic War. It can be interpreted as a personification of the Ultramarines Chapter as a whole (granted, that could also be used to argue that it is Guilliman), or the 1st Company in particular judging by the shoulder trim (maybe even a specific individual within it, i.e. Captain Invictus).
>>
>>51541264
Neither am I. Give me more of your sweet (You)s.
>>
>>51541267
>Cadia exploded
Because it was rammed by parts of a Black Fortress.
Did you read the book anon?
>>
>>51541066

Jeezus that pose is terrible, the (super) human body shouldn't work like that.
>>
>>51541308
Danke
>>
File: mercury kek.jpg (801KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
mercury kek.jpg
801KB, 1462x1462px
>>51540664
>>
>>51539878
>I guess they might say he is focusing on the immediate danger of Chaos, as opposed to the unenviable task of unfucking the Imperium?
But he’s Guilliman, the empire builder. He won’t be able to resist messing with the power structure of the Imperium. I guess GW is looking for that big a shakeup, otherwise they should have brought back a non-governing primarch like Russ or the Khan.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-03-19-03-00.png (447KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-03-19-03-00.png
447KB, 1080x1920px
So the GK is not who everyone thought it was. It's the master of the 3rd Brotherhood.

Also, Guiliman's suits and sword are most definitely interesting. The CSM dead at his feet makes me hopeful for new CSM kits as well. All in all, only good stuff.
>>
>>51540176

Cypher is a role, not a person. So it could be a new guy.
>>
>>51538644
>into a thousand sons
heh
>>
>>51540825
>hackislam shit
>>
>>51541317

Ofcourse he didnt, he read the dank memes version on /tg/ cause he hasnt bought a product in fucking years. Shits on everything despite all this and then complains when gw tries new things to make money and gets mad when it works.
>>
File: Children Screaming.png (1MB, 1373x939px) Image search: [Google]
Children Screaming.png
1MB, 1373x939px
>>51541313
>>51541264
>>51541263
>>51541185
>>51541178
>>51541174
>>51541150
>>
So that precious artifact in Cawls possession and that Abaddon tried to capture before they went into the webway was some device to heal/ressurect a primarch?
>>
>>51541023
Still needs a cape to look like someone important not just a big marine.
>>
>>51541548
fuck capes he needs a backbanner
>>
>>51539837
I don't know about Rowboat, but Calgar is mostly bionic.
I think it was from fighting Tyranids.
>>
>>51541625
whynotboth.png
>>
>>51539107
Flames of War, all of the tactics of Napoleonics, but with tanks!

See your beautiful lines of panzers fight other lines of panzers.

It's fun! We promise!
>>
>>51540912
Fucking saved, 10/10.
>>
he's going to MAKE THE IMPERIUM GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>51541548
Cape can be greenstuffed easily
>>
>>51541548

Could always sculpt a suitably primarchy cape with greenstuff or super scuply or some shit like that, yeah?
>>
>>51538475
I see my Chapter is still forgotten and Girlyman is gonna fuck them for not sticking close to the codex.

Rip Iron Hands, then Rip last bits of Space wolves.
>>
So if the Fallen are siding with the Ultramarines against Chaos, what does this mean for the Dark Angels?

>secret is discovered and they're excommunicate traitors
>they're the Lutherites all along and the Fallen were the loyalists
>they turn on the Ultramarines to preserve the secret
>Cypher was loyalist and either tricked the Fallen into helping the Imperium or restored their loyalty
>the Fallen aren't heretics, only separatists

I don't like any of these because I don't want my greenbois to lose out.

Also

>tease the "Return of the Lion" months ago
>picture of Rowboat in a joke/leak
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6gzOcTNKwE
>>
>>51541824
They backstab Robott Gorillaman like Brute backstabbed Caesar before he can reveal his suspicions. They become heroes who fought side by side with Ultramarines and primarch who was tragically killed by Alpha Legion traitors (and 100% not Dark Angels).
>>
>>51541814
I mean, I get where you're coming from, bit Roboute was wayyy easier to revive than your Primarch. He's still missing a fairly vital part of his body.

Chances are you'll be mentionned in other, late books.
>>
>>51538475
>Guilliman Confirmed
Imperium/Eldar loose alliance confirmed.
>>
>Guilliman confirmed for "healing" in fluff ages ago
>only primarch whose domain did not turn into complete shit
>even by his fellow primarchs respected for his talent in leading
>always loyal
>responsible for the guidelines of the strongest warriors of mankind

yea like totally unexpected, good that faulty primarchs like the Lion stay buried
>>
>>51541930
Oh i know my Primarch will never return, I'm just worried the whole 'Cybernetics to the extreme will uh not be taken well by Girlyman. Greatest action of my Legion, Its Primarch dying to fucking pretty boy to finally break his mind or soul. I forget which anymore.
>>
>>51539743
>>51539726

Mind you, the existence of St Celestine indicates that maybe Emps has changed his mind on the matter so that makes it a bit trickier.

I must admit, I do hope that pair respect each other without 'Yeah, one of them kowtows to the other'. I'll be a bit disappointed if right after releasing new Celestine rules/stuff about her they just go straight into 'And now here's an even better person!' and play it up that way.
>>
So what if they didn't find a way to cure Guilliman, and just cut all the parts infected by the poison and replaced them with bionics? What if the new Guilliman is just a head of a Primarch driving a robot body like a true Robot Gorillaman?
>>
>>51541941
>Eldar slaves to Imperium
I believe you meant
>>
>>51539837
>Roboute undermines Ecclesiarchy powerbase and becomes archeretic in the eyes of population
Roboute Heresy fucking when?
>>
>>51542062
Dude that is obviously what's going to happen. Look at the fucking title and picture, their making the return of a single Primarch be a more important event than the birth of a GOD.

Celestine's defs gonna be subby to Guilliman
>>
>>51540111
>Gulliman sword is wreathed in flame
>probably won't be a flamer weapon
>Celestines sword isn't wreathed in flame
>can shoot fire anyways
This is the power of faith, Gulliman BTFO by a woman
>>
File: Robot_Nixon_body.png (240KB, 511x384px) Image search: [Google]
Robot_Nixon_body.png
240KB, 511x384px
>>51542109
>>
>>51542147
But will it end in sex?
>>
>>51542169
Only once Celestine converts to atheism.
>>
>>51538574
>>51538574
It's Grand Master Voldus of the 3rd brotherhood
>>
>>51542169
And half-saint babies
>>
>>51538630
It's the "Le Hates 40k and has to tell everyone" Poster
>>
>>51542147

I can hope otherwise. Even if I don't expect them to ever have a non-marine be as important as a marine.
>>
File: Untitled.png (407KB, 525x629px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
407KB, 525x629px
>>
>>51542169
Wtf?
But Jain Zar?!...
>>
>>51542210
He probably didn't used to. He's probably just seen what GW's done with the setting. The strongest hate is often born of love.
>>
>>51542233
Probably the screaming type in bed.
>>
>>51542179

he's fucking julius caesar in space, but back from his Et tu brute.

>i've always knew that father was a god, but i kept in secret because i knew he would to worse to me as he did with lorgar, which doesn't mean that ill forgive him for betraying us and for not killing erebus on the 1st chance he had

also, Guilliman back would be interesting, reforming the imperium would be his second chance to make Imperium Secundus
>>
>>51542216
Your hope is misplaced. Space Marines are the end all and be all of this setting. Look at the Eldar, their entire Gods birth's only purpose is going to be to use its magic to resurrect a primarch. Everything is coopted into the service of making Marines look cooler, Celestine will be no different.

Only the Emperor himself, strongest being in existence, can break this rule. Not even Chaos Gods can.
>>
>>51542260
I highly doubt Guilliman is gonna be the secretly religious type. He's probably gonna reform the Imperium into a benevolent, competent, effective secular state who keep the Ynnari as pets.
>>
>>51542169
his Iron halo is Celestine's halo

what do you think happened
>>
>>51542305
She became a bucket of blood paint like a good Sister
>>
>>51542305
He ripped her head off because she believed the Emperor was a god?
>>
>>51542263
>Look at the Eldar, their entire Gods birth's only purpose is going to be to use its magic to resurrect a primarch

Source? Cus I can pull rumours out of my ass too.
>>
>>51542305
Khornate Nights 2.0, please?
>>
File: Guilliman_Sketch.jpg (598KB, 850x860px) Image search: [Google]
Guilliman_Sketch.jpg
598KB, 850x860px
>>51538475>>51538549
MAKE IMPERIUM GREAT AGAIN.
>>
>>51542340
>>51542317
>>51542316
I mean considering his size there was obviously some bloodshed, but she can revive so it's all good.
>>
>>51541023
What are the little bars under their gun barrels? Are they to keep the barrel from being bent?
They looked like flamer pilots for a second, but I don't know why a bolter(?) and plasma gun would have them.
>>
>>51542332
WD doesn't mention Yncarne doing a single thing. We know no Chaos Special Character or important asset is involved in the book. So Yncarne makes no meaningful victory.

Entire ending of the book is just setting up for Eldar to go to Macragge where we know they ressurect Roboute (no doubt they realized that a literal god was no help against the forces of Chaos and thus they needed a Primarch.)

Sucks when you know the accumulated souls of your species and a veritable God are still weaker than one Primarch
>>
>>51541034
you shouldn't be
>>
File: deathwing.jpg (61KB, 355x551px) Image search: [Google]
deathwing.jpg
61KB, 355x551px
>>51541128
>>
>>51542305

Sailor Moonlestine probably gave to hm as a gift asking him to become his lil sis
>>
>>51540825
Infinity has some nice models
>>
>>51542355
>Primarch having sex with a filthy witch
no
>>
>>51542378
Daughters of Guilliman when.
>>
>>51539575
One of the HH short stories has him explicitly get annoyed at his marines who follow the codex to the letter while he sees it as a useful document that constantly needs changing as it can never cover everything and should be disregarded when impractical.
>>
>>51542355
What his size has to do with anything?
>>
>>51542287
>He's probably gonna reform the Imperium into a benevolent, competent, effective secular state

Not if an "ork sniper" commits a magnicide
>>
>>51542398
>can't have sex with witches
>screws an alien
seems legit
>>
>>51542425
Unless said Ork Sniper is a Primarch/The Emperor or Roboute is letting himself get hit then it won't matter.

Only a Primarch or the Emperor can actually kill another Primarch.
>>
>>51542441
He didn't screw an alien. He's accepting the enslavement of the remaining Ynnari in exchange for the Webway. He's finally defeated the entire Eldar species, something no one else has done, and even has their God on a leash. Not that he needs it since its pathetic but the point remains.
>>
>>51542425
you'd have to use like, a turbolaser to actually assassinate a primarch, and even then that isn't a guarantee
>>
>>51541824
>I don't like any of these because I don't want my greenbois to lose out.
Sorry dude, but they looked too knightly, it's doesn't fit new GW direction.
>>
>>51542472
Turbolasers can't kill Primarchs. Vulkan literally tanked a Gravity Beam so strong it was breaking apart a planet.
>>
>>51542449
>Only a Primarch or the Emperor can actually kill another Primarch
pfffft you don't actually believe that bullshit do you?
>>
>>51542351
By removing all interesting part from it and turning into "progressive space kingdoms of super-magical paladins"
>>
>>51542472
Why bringing to the game a character so OP then?
>>
>>51542513
Because 40k is the story of the Emperor and the Primarchs, they are the protagonists.
>>
>>51542498
Pretty much, yeah.

Don't forget they'll be the most advanced and leading member of a confederation of subservient good guy factions now.
>>
>>51538475

as someone who is not quite autistic enough to play tabletop games with miniature figurines that you have to paint yourself, but autistic enough to enjoy the fluff of the setting and the video games and novels it spawns

i am pleased that GW is finally moving forward with 40k

it may move us forward into a shit-filled trench of mediocrity or derivation, but i'm ready for a change bay bee
>>
File: 145483569.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
145483569.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
>>51538475
>tfw the Spiritual Liege is genuinely my favourite Primarch
>>
>>51542513
because they bring a ton of interest with them, which ultimately means a lot of sales for GW
>>
>>51542495
Its true.
>>
>>51541477
So they saw the leak, and gave the whole article?
I'm impressed, my respect for GW just went up.
It also went up for giving me muh Cypher, and actually advancing the story.
>>
File: EMPS.jpg (188KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
EMPS.jpg
188KB, 1000x1000px
SON I TOO HAVE RETURNED
>>
>>51542407

BUT THE CODEX ASTARTES DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS ACTION, CAPTAIN

i mean that's hwat you get when you train marines to be religiously dogmatic to the point of autism. the great innovators are ages gone.

BUT NAO ROWBOAT IS BACK
>>
SECOND GREAT CRUSADE WHEN?
>>
File: gun.jpg (60KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
60KB, 600x900px
>>51542608
>mfw that looks better than actaul Guilliman
Fucks sake GW
>>
File: 1427457995719.jpg (232KB, 834x769px) Image search: [Google]
1427457995719.jpg
232KB, 834x769px
>>51542558

>yfw the big E can never be American, the greatest race in history

instead hes like turkish or something. not even white.
>>
>>51542639
>American
>greatest race in history
kek
>>
>>51542639
>Anatolia
>Not white
pick 1 - it's not modern roach land
>>
>>51542472

lograr survived two blasts from a warhound's plasma canon

besides primarchs are essentially daemons created by the emperor
>>
>>51542562
so Konrad Curze isn't dead then? He was killed by a non-primarch.
>>
>>51542659
Because he let himself
>>
>>51540952
Dellusional
>>
>>51542657
Way stronger than that dude

Daemons die to Titans all the time, the Primarchs are far stronger than any Daemon. Primarchs are literally invincible as long as they're fighting anything but another Primarch or the Emperor
>>
File: 1272503306812.jpg (569KB, 1024x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1272503306812.jpg
569KB, 1024x1600px
>>51542495

I call thee closest Inquistor to purge his /v/eretic out of here

>>51542579
now im starting to believe that this newest GW will even forgive bliizard for real, and share with them the AoS/40k rights to do ze warhammer /v/idya that they wanted since 94

>>51542639
He's Moses!

>>51542659
Kurze's case was different, he gave M'shen the way to do it, but he never thought that one of his men would become a chaos sickfuker with precog
>>
>>51542693
What about Dorn?
>>
>>51542670
>primarchs can't be killed by non-primarchs!
>well...they can if they let them!
so, you are saying they can be killed by non-primarchs then correct? Because that was the argument. The only reasons Primarchs don't die is because of plot armor.
>>
>>51542449
Off the top of my head, Horus and Mortarian nearly got assassinated in an ambush by some Auxillia mooks in gunships, Lorgar got plasma'd and nearly turned into toejam by a Warhound if it hadn't been for the fact that Angron can apparantly squat a scout Titan. And Horus nearly got done in again by a Knight.

The Nighthaunter got off'd by an assassin.

They're tough as hell but not invulnerable.

Girlyman did get explosively decompressed from his own flagship's bridge, without a helmet, and just held his breath and walked across the hull punching Word Bearers to death for half and hour before he reached an airlock to get back inside.

So he's one of the tougher ones, Horus says his combat prowess is extremely underestimated in Vengeful Spirit and says he's one of the few who could challenge him in martial ability.
>>
>>51542693

true, but there are degrees of daemon. like that one from Master of Mankind that wasn't a daemon prince or anything, but was retarded powerful. echo of the first murder or whatever.
that's the kind of daemon we're talking about, not the fodder that gets slaughtered by bolter fire or even by Grey Knights.

when the primarchs 'ascended' to daemon princedom they become more powerful, but not by much. more like going from a normal human to a space marine rather than going from a human to a primarch.
>>
>>51538643
That's not how you spell Angron
>>
>>51542715
You think he's actually dead?

Honestly the only Primarchs dead for sure are Kurze/Alpharius/Ferrus/Sangy
>>
>>51542608
Man that looks fucking great. That's exactly the conversion I would want if I had the skills.
>>
>>51542715

Captured or if one of the theories is right, still disguised as a naked and silent Custodes on the imperial palace, with his new power fist arm
>>
>>51541477

>Fell Xenos sorcery

Ah fuck, thats gonna end up being what we got out of the deal with the dark eldar. Nuts, i was hoping for emps.
>>
>>51542562
also lets not forget that Horus knew there was a possibility that he would be killed by regular Ultrasmurfs during the battle of Molech. It was stated the only reason he didn't die was because of his sons protecting him.
>>
>>51542763
Thanks anon.
I will attempt this conversion and post progress in the WIP threads when robotbutt girlyman comes out
>>
>>51542740
Obviously if they let themselves get killed.

Fine, if a Primarch doesn't want to die, no-one but the Emperor or another Primarch could kill them.

You can call it plot armour if you want, doesn't change that they have the best plot armour then.
>>
>>51542531
It's depressing how true this is since the Horus Heresy series started. All anyone ever bangs on about is fucking boring Primarchs. This entire 10,000 years of the history of an entire galaxy with its rich background and all anyone wants to talking about is the tossers from 30k who are meant to be irrelevant at this point.

It's even more ridiculous that the return of one of them is going to get so much more interest than the birth of a god. And no doubt Celestine, Admech, Guard, and Eldar (god and all) are going to get sidelined the moment Guilliman shows up with his space marines.
>>
>>51542742
Primarchs didn't die in all those cases. Primarchs can't die except for other Primarchs or the Emperor (unless they let themselves be killed in which case its more like suicide.)
>>
File: 1473619102995.jpg (44KB, 529x502px) Image search: [Google]
1473619102995.jpg
44KB, 529x502px
>>51542762
>Alpharius
>dead for sure
>>
>>51541150
>>
>>51542796
>>51542742

eh, it's more like they are as strong or as weak as the fluff needs them to be.

there is no 'this is what happens when a primarch is shot in the head with a bolter, stabbed with a power sword, hit with a melta blast, etc'

i'm a fan of the idea that their warp-spawn nature gives them some kind of reality-distorting field that makes them resistant to mundane weapons and even helps deflect/screw the aim of shit being fired at them.

besides the fluff is notoriously bad at being objective about this stuff. like Kharn in the novel Betrayer. his ass should have been lit up a million times. the way he fought, running headlong into melee range, he should have been taken out by any number of foes and number of ways. in fact, he points out that his legion is being reduced significantly due to casualties that other legions would never take because of their berserk fighting style.

but because he's kharn we know he's gonna make it. just like angron, who is an even bigger target.
>>
>>51538475

>not a dreadnaught

missed oppurtunity to be honest.
>>
>>51542786
No its what the Ynnari's whole purpose to the plot is.
>>
>>51542786
>Ah fuck, thats gonna end up being what we got out of the deal with the dark eldar.

Probably not, since that deal was made with the Haemonculi. It's probably connected to the big Ynnead-aligned faction of Craftworld and Dark Eldar who pick up the survivors of Cadia.
>>
>>51542714
If it wasn't about money and just love of the games, I think GW would. Blizzard would make a great game.
>>
>>51542879

Alpharius can't be dead.
I'm Alpharius.
>>
>>51542762
>>51542767
I think his "death" is easy to to recton but until that happens, him dying to being swarmed by unreasonable number of chaos space marines is a less ridiculous explanation for his disappearance . He was role playing 300 after all, going out without the sacrifice is pointless.
>>
>>51542880
Nice now show us the rest of years since 2011
>>
>>51542863
I too, must admit, find it kinda funny that the birth of another Warp God is apparently considered pretty small news compared to a single Primarch coming back

Makes pretty clear what the pecking order is. The birth of another Warp God does nothing but kill some billions of Eldar, but the moment a Primarch comes back Chaos is in retreat.

At this stage, in 40k, you are either a Primarch (traitor or loyalist) the Emperor or irrelevant/sidekick
>>
>>51542843
yes they have the best plot armor but it doesn't make them invincible. If a primarch got shot in face with a bolt round I am pretty sure it wouldn't just skip off his face. If a primarch doesn't want to die, and cannot die as you say, then why have an army?
>hur dur I can't die if don't want to I am just going to wade through 3 million defenders alone and only get superficial scratches!
even that level of retardation isn't in the lore.
>>
>>51542863
Not to mention that DEldar, Crons, Orks and Tau are going to be left out entirely.
>>
>>51542890

Ok seriously? Dats bullshit. Fucker needs to fight slaanesh not be the rowboats battery.
>>
>>51542714
>now im starting to believe that this newest GW will even forgive bliizard for real, and share with them the AoS/40k rights to do ze warhammer /v/idya that they wanted since 94
Nah Cevin literally afraids vidya,
>>
>>51542944
All but the last could easily be in 30k
>>
>>51542867
>Primarchs can't die except for other Primarchs or the Emperor

No where is this stated. They get close to killed in all those events, Horus doesn't go 'Oh yeah I got shot to shit by that Knight and then nearly took a melta lance to the face, but I knew I'd be fine because warp magic means only my dad or brothers can hurt me'.

What it's actually written as is 'oh shit I nearly died'.

The fact that they've only been killed by other Primarchs is due to narrative, there's nothing in-universe to suggest they're invulnerable to mortal attacks, in fact it's explictly stated otherwise.
>>
>>51542894
>BIG Ynnead-aligned faction
I think you meant small.
>>
>>51542944
DEldar are involved. I can only hope the Necrons don't just sit around, Trazyn had better not be the only one getting involved. The Necrons are against chaos invasion more than most.
>>
>>51542920
I'm Alpharius and so's my wife!
>>
>>51542880
Why are you posting these stats, shill?
>>
File: primarchs.jpg (77KB, 516x254px) Image search: [Google]
primarchs.jpg
77KB, 516x254px
>>51542863
>Primarchs. He wanted to spit at the thought of them. Useless, flawed creatures. Let the dead ones decay in poetic scripture throughout history’s pages. Let those that survived dwell in the highest eyries of the immaterium, singing the ethereal praises of mad gods. He had a war to win, unshackled to failures from a time of legend.

>Lucoryphus BTFO
>>
>>51542940
They don't need armies.

The Emperor and the Primarchs have armies for convenience, not because they need them.

Have you even read the Hunt for Vulkan? Vulkan alone can fight an entire planetary army of huge orks with super gravity tech without breaking a sweat.
>>
>>51542975
this is the correct answer
>>
>>51542992
>I think you meant small.
It's only important and powerful eldar faction now
>>
File: image.png (6MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6MB, 2048x1536px
Can someone tell me if this kind of CSM armour has been seen befor? Maybe it's a hit for a new basic CSM box/ Chosen /havocs.
>>
>>51542964
IDGAF about 30k. I got into 40k (in part) because of how many factions there are. Over the past couple of years it feels like a few xenos are being left out to bring in more factions of the imperium.
>>
>>51542948
Too bad he/she's not a Primarch then and so has no hope of ever being anything more than a sidekick to a Primarch.
>>
>>51542994
Deldar, like the rest of the Eldar, are just playing robin to Girlyman's batman.

The point is noone but the Marines are gonna be imortant, everyone else is just gonna be backup dancers at best.
>>
>>51542939

because they are mythic heroes from ages past. they are walking demigods. they are avatars of kickass. they are also central to the setting as the fuckups who caused the IoM to be the fucked up draconian dogmatic regressive oppressive shitfest it is today.

besides eldar are effete shitbirds who had their time to shine and the pissed it away. they are on the sidelines where they belong, along with the weaboo, irrelevant tau.
>>
>>51543021

>that wonderful Niggoctunian
>>
>>51543035
it's the style of the chosen from dark vengeance

I do hope chaos gets a proper set of them, they're sweet.
>>
>>51541525
Looks like it. Possibly the suit of armour that he's wearing, since the Warhammer Community write-up notes the 'life support system' it has.
>>
>>51543035
New SM Codex?
>>
>>51542992
From the sounds of things, most of the Eldar and Dark Eldar are on board. Vect, his allies, and the Haemonculi are being stubborn and have retreated to Neo-Commoragh rather than allow someone else to lead them, and a few of the more backwards and isolationist Craftworlds are holding out, but the others are getting in line.
>>
>>51543021
I didn't and I certainly won't after you've told me what a piece of crap it is
>>
>>51542928
>>51543003
>;.)
>>
>>51543029
I know, sad right?
>>
>>51542944

Orks are NEVER left out. Orks are the jobbers everyone loves.
>>
>>51543037

Ok i'll give you that they have made admech, and that they made scions. Thats two new armies for the imperium. We did also get harlies and Thousand sons, one of which is alien, and while Tau or Eldar may not have gotten much love lately they are still top tier armies who have a ton of nice shit. They don't really need the love. Orks do. No denying that, but i'm hopeful that the switch to 8th will make them viable again.
>>
>>51543074
You didn't answer my question, shill
>>
>>51542944
I thought Necrons were involved somehow?
>>
>>51543021
This is the dumbest head-canon I have ever read and I have read a lot of dumb head-canon in my years. Also Vulkan is the only one that has a legit reason for "not dying" and that is he gets reborn every time he is killed.
>>
File: Best Primarch.jpg (149KB, 584x764px) Image search: [Google]
Best Primarch.jpg
149KB, 584x764px
>tfw Ultramarines player
>tfw get shit for years for playing 'boring marines' by speshulsnowflake spehs vampires/werewolves
>tfw remain faithful through the dark Ward years as my army is constantly met with memers cries of 'MUH SPIRTUAL LIEGE'
>tfw Guilluman is back and going to make the Imperium great again

LESSER CHAPTERS BTFO

B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>51543085
orks and tyranids are slowly being phased out. deal with it
>>
File: Warmuhshine players.png (457KB, 551x721px) Image search: [Google]
Warmuhshine players.png
457KB, 551x721px
>>51543087
>>
>>51543053
That's what I said
>>
>>51543100
One guy is. Haven't heard anything about the rest of the entire race.
>>
>>51543059
the chosen in that set are dank as fuck, i bought a bunch off ebay and run them as standard marines
>>
>>51543112

Naw, they'll still be around. Ain't going no where. They won't be squatted.
>>
>>51543110

feels nice being the GREATEST and most LEGENDARY of all time.

how can lesser chapters even compete?
>>
what does this mean for Calgar and CATO SICARIUS CAPTAIN OF THE SECOND COMPANY?
>>
>>51543113
In fairness, Page 5 has been removed from Mk3. It always was cringy and embarrassing.
>>
>>51543055
>because they are mythic heroes from ages past.
It's what FW primarchs were, not 40k abominations
>>
>>51543157

Death hopefully.
>>
>>51543053

i mean the eldar could be like 'here rowboat we give you this, the dickbutt of the materium that is the only way to defeat chaos in our galaxy but requires all these farseers and shit and our new death god to work so we're coming with ya'
>>
>>51543147
...right guys? guys?
>>
>>51543113
This should be put in Ork codex
>>
>>51542409
He's a big guy

For her
>>
>>51543074
>2017
>being corporation cocksucker
Shouldn't you be on /bix/ or what?
>>
>>51543112
>orks phased out
doubt it. Ghazzy is about to launch the biggest waaagh since the Beast. They aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>51543197
She didn't fly too well
>>
>>51543176

Meme at me all you like they have large model ranges and decent sized fanbases. If rules get fixed up in 8th and cut down on some cheese they may even see competative play. Sure the focus is here right now, but there is no reason they can't do nid or ork events, and i'm sure down the line when the storm is over they will.
>>
File: GS3-3.jpg (157KB, 1000x626px) Image search: [Google]
GS3-3.jpg
157KB, 1000x626px
>>51543157
It means they're subordinate to their primarch, presumably, though I guess their plot shields are going to be a little weaker so who knows what happens to them in the books.

>>51543110
feels fuckin' wonderful
>>
>>51543113
Wow, that actually manages to be more cringe than anything in 40k I've read.

And most of that shit is maximum edgy.
>>
>>51542233

So like I've looked around but where does this whole Jain Zar/Roboute pairing come from anyway
>>
>>51543157
If I was Calgar I'd be sweating bullets right now since he's surplus to requirements with Guilliman back on the scene, which means his 1++ plot armour save just got downgraded.
>>
>>51543152
>how can lesser chapters even compete?
By being less SJW
>>
>>51543216
jesus fuck he looks like a fucking dreadnought
>>
>>51543216
>Cawl has had to deploy out of a cargo container back the AdMech, guardians of Mankind's technology, still don't have a dedicated transport vehicle
>>
>>51543278
>jesus fuck he looks like a fucking dreadknight
fix
>>
>>51543108
Its canon, not headcanon. When has the Emperor or a Primarch ever been defeated by an enemy army?
>>
>>51543112
Orks, quite possibly. For whatever reason, GW doesn't seem to like them. Maybe they just have too many alternative models from different manufacturers, or their players are too prone to converting expensive units out of inexpensive kits.

Tyranids don't seem to be going anywhere though. They just got a whole new army and feature in two of the 40k boardgames.
>>
>>51543175
Yeah cause apparently a literal God of Death is less significant than a Primarch.

What's the point in waking Ynnead again? Other than resurrecting Girlyman who's apparently gonna single handidly turn back Chaos what has Ynnead done other than get Eldar squatted?
>>
>>51543278
Primarchs have always been fuckheug
>>
>>51543205
Ghazghkull's lost every Waaaggh!!! he's ever launched. He'll just slip and fall on his face again like he always does.

(also the Beast waagh was a defeat, hardly something for Ork players to look forwrard too with their already existing string of endless defeats and no major victories ever)
>>
>>51543336
>what has Ynnead done other than get Eldar squatted?
Create Aeldari
>>
>>51543199
Not that anon but
>Gets blown the fuck out after claiming GW is dying
>How dare you are a capitalist in this day and age?!!1!

Come on anon. Funny thing is, I recieved a letter from my bank today, my GW shares just gave 0.35 euros. 35 cents. I laughed at that sum, I need to buy more shares.
>>
>>51543366
>>Gets blown the fuck out after claiming GW is dying
Excuse, but where anyone said "GW is dying"?
>>How dare you are a capitalist in this day and age?!!1!
I just don't get how it's related with traditional games?
>>
>>51543306
as another anon already posted, that is purely for narrative purposes. No where in the lore is it stated a primarch can only be killed by another primarch. And if I am wrong please post the page that says otherwise.
The only reason they aren't killed by generic nameless space marine 101 is because that would piss the fans off because it would be an ignoble death for something so hyped up to be the best shit ever. Again, it isn't because they CAN'T be killed it's because the narrative needs it to be so.
>>
>>51543358
being an Ork isn't about major victories it's about the fightin'. Orks don't give a shit about victories or loses. Only that they fight. I am 100% okay with that as an Ork player.
>>
>>51543361
>Who have only died
The only thing the Aeldari have done is bring Roboute back and give the Imperium the Webway
>>
File: 1456947047.jpg (223KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456947047.jpg
223KB, 1280x720px
>>51543336
>Other than resurrecting Girlyman who's apparently gonna single handidly turn back Chaos
>tfw Guilliman is gonna fix everything
>Sort the High Lord's inept governing out
>Bitch slap the Ecclesiarchy for abandoning the Imperial Truth
>Imperial military campaigns will actually include strategy instead of just drowning the enemy in the corpses of the Imperial Guard
>tfw Imperium will become pre-Heresy Ultramar: Galaxy Edition

Oh god it's going to be fucking glorious, I'm so glad they brought back the one Primarch who actually got shit done and not some idiot warlord like Russ or the Khan.
>>
>>51543410

>And Angron was killed by an Ultramarine Sniper at Armatura, a bolt drilled neatly through his skull at a range of 800 meters. Lorgrar, when hearing of the news, shrugged his shoulders and said, 'Shoulda worn his helmet.'
>>
>>51543306
also if that was the case, why would Emps send out mortal assassins to try and kill Horus if he knew they could only be killed by himself or another primarch. Your logic makes no sense.
>>
>>51543485
>Lorgar dies shortly afterward, his head taken off by a signum-guided lascannon.
>>
>>51538475
Are we due for a rematch between these two?
>>
>>51543306
I'll repeat since you apparantly missed it the first time.

This is due to narrative. It is very, very clearly stated in multiple Horus Heresy books that Primarchs are NOT invulnerable to attack from mortals, they're just generally too killy, too tough and too surrounded by thousands of astartes to be overwhelmed.

Vulkan is the only Primarch who is actually stated as being unkillable, but this is a result of being a Perpetual, not a Primarch.
>>
File: Exodus-Hyperborean.jpg (203KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
Exodus-Hyperborean.jpg
203KB, 700x500px
>>51542639
>He doesn't even know where his ancestors came from.
>He doesn't even know about the proto-indo europeans.
>He doesn't even know about Hyperborea.

Look upon this forgotten fool and pity him.
>>
File: 1462328188785.gif (1MB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
1462328188785.gif
1MB, 300x165px
>>51543485
>>51543504
>>
>>51543541
>WE WUZ: White People Edition
>>
>>51543494
The poster you're replying is totally off the deep end, but the Emps never sent out the assassins, the Assassinorum kept trying until Malcador created the Execution Force (which did fail technically)
>>
>>51543595
>implying "muh white people">slavs
>>
>>51543610
Oh yeah you're right, I forgot that was Malcador's deal.
>>
>>51543534
I am convinced he is just baiting at this point. No one can be this delusional right?
>>51543485
>>51543504
kek
>>
>>51542488
>a perpetual did something that would kill normal 'umies
No shit.
>>
>>51542169
There is a lewd out there of Gulliman with some eldar.

I can't share it for obvious reasons.
>>
I heard that Draigo is a champion of Slaanesh now. Is there any truth to that rumor?
>>
>>51542863
>someone starts a 40k thread
>BUT WHAT ABOUT RUSS
>RUSS WOULD BE BTFO BY LION
>MAGNUS DID NOTHING WRONG

Every fucking time. Primarchs were a mistake.
>>
>>51543670
Vulkan did it without dying and reseting idiot. He tanked it on his normal Primarch toughness
>>
GW posted the WD article on RotP a month early. Damn they're based.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/03/march-for-macragge/
>>
>>51539937
I will never, ever, get over how fucking stupid these look. Jesus Christ, what were they thinking?
>>
>>51543110
Feels great bro
>>
>>51543871
sounds like shitty writing to me
>>
>>51544250
Still canon.

Kinda like how its canon that the Eldar God of the Dead is a less significant event than the return of a Primarch
>>
>>51544477
But that's for the community. It's unfortunate for the upcoming release, otherwise we'd see threads about Ynnead all day everyday. We'll still see them I reckon, as soon as the shock has passed.
>>
>>51544513
No, the actual story makes him more significant. He's the end of the arc, the first person to beat back Chaos, the hope in the darkness.

Ynnead's sum total contribution to the plot is bringing him back to life so he can defeat Chaos. Ynnead's entire plotline which has been building over years is this; ressurect a primarch.

Ynnead makes no more impact than this and GW are making clear that Roboute is the hope against Chaos. Literally a Primarch has a bigger role than the actual Warp God of Death meant to go toe-to-toe with a Chaos God.

Almost worse than all that is that Ynnead is literally being upstaged. The final culmination of the most important Eldar plotline results in two major Eldar losses, no major Eldar victories, and is instantly upstaged by the far more important event of Roboute returning and handing Chaos a major defeat.

The entire Ynnead plot, wasted.
>>
>>51544588
Are we sure Ynnead revives him?

I mean, the book isn't even out yet. And GW said Ynnead's birth was the end of FoB IIRC.
>>
Sanguinius Wehn?!!
>>
>>51544631
Apparently Yvraine revives him. So apparently Ynead does nothing.
>>
>>51544654
Sanguinius be dead as fark, bruv.
>>
>>51544631
How can it be at the end? The Timeline in the White Dwarf puts the Fracture of Biel-Tan as the second even (out of five) in the book.

Its a dumb naming convention I agree, but Ynnead's born early.
>>
>>51544654
Sangy is fucking ded. Really ded.

Nearly as ded as Horus.

Guilliman wasn't dead, he was just in stasis and mortally wounded.
>>
>>51544764
Because Ynnead is born out of the Fracture of BielTan. Just like Cadia actually falls at the very end of FoC.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (22KB, 472x312px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
22KB, 472x312px
>>51544745
>>51544787
How can they start bringing back the primarchs If they aren't going to ressurect the best of them.

And it's Sangy you gotta hold that L IHfags.
>>
>>51544904
Dude he's been dead for thousands of years, and no one tucked his body away in a stasis field.

Besides, would you really want to take away his glorious death by just bringing him back for a hamfisted future plotline?
>>
>>51544854
Yeah, but its weird that it happens in the beginning, not the climax. That's waht I'm asaying. Ynnead apparently gets born...then fucks off and does nothing.
>>
>>51544949
But you don't understand anon Celestine wasn't enough I need more angels imagery.
>>
>>51544950
>then fucks off and does nothing.
Wait for when he meets Big E.
>>
>>51544950
It means they haven't gotten to his plot significance yet, anon.
>>
>>51545028
And dies?

Ynnead literally is the biggest anticlimax ever. Comes out...does nothing. It is telling that a Primarch is gonna get more shit done than a God
>>
>>51544950
Well we don't know that. Don't you start spouting dank memes just yet like the guys saying the Pylons blew up Cadia.

Maybe Ynnead gets busy fighting Slaanesh in the war. And it is born at yhe climax, but at the climax of its own book. There's...6 books I think, and we'll be halfway through with RotP. They still have a fuckton of factions to deal with.
>>
File: BUNGLES.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
BUNGLES.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>>51545028
>fucks off to Earth
>seals the Imperial Webway so the Emperor can start healing
>helps him along

ENDLESS EJACULATION
>>
>>51545037
What plot significance? We've seen the White Dwarf for March where they sum up what happens, nothing of Ynnead is mentioned even once.

When Cadia fell they took out the last Blackstone Fortress.

When Biel-tan and Commorragh falls and Ynnead gets born they...apparently did nothing.
>>
>>51545052
Haven't you seen the WD? RotP is confirmed the end of the Gathering Storm
>>
I don't care
Best primarch is dead
Second best primarch got hardcore fuxked over by furry vikings
Third best primarch just kind of disappeard
And now rowboat girlyman is going on a grand crusade to get everyone to like his shitty book
Nothing matters
World is a fuck
500000000000000000000000000 guardsmen dead
>>
>>51545046
Ynnead is just a runt God, m8.

It will take time for him to get some spotlight.
>>
>>51545069
It does seem all Ynnead's good for is healing humans.

So much for a badass death god who'd go toe-to-toe with Slaanesh.
>>
>>51545101
We still have plenty of things, they'll probably do anothet thing like Gathering Storm, but with a different name.
They daid during thr live they had stuff planned until 2018 in advancinf the storyline.
>>
File: think son.jpg (63KB, 660x544px) Image search: [Google]
think son.jpg
63KB, 660x544px
>>51545130
>heals the Emperor to restore Humanity's champion to his former glory
>they both go into the Warp together to kick Chaos' ass (and conveniently remove the question of why the Imperium doesn't instawin everything)

Think, anon. The God of Death just got born. He's going to need some allies for this fight.
>>
>>51542351
>MAKE IMPERIUM GREAT AGAIN.
>mfw Pence could convincingly cosplay Rob
Fucking hell, this is too much.
>>
>>51545175
Yeah, no.

Besides Ynnead is apparently not even Primarch tier.
>>
>>51545146
Doesn't change the fact that the Ynnead plotline is the biggest anticlimax ever.
>>
>>51542639

There isn't 'an' American race, and all the American races are the native Americans. The American inhabitants who call themselves 'American' are the Angle-Saxon-Jutish-Other-Hybrid
>>
File: 1486148220660.png (124KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1486148220660.png
124KB, 510x546px
>>51544904
>the best of them

But they did
>>
>>51545255
>Ynnead is apparently not even Primarch tier
I feel like it's worth making a distinction between the Yncarne and Ynnead. To put it another way, even though Sanguinius could solo Bloodthirsters you wouldn't say that Khorne isn't even Primarch tier.
>>
>>51545384
But Red>Blue, therefore the Angel is better than the Smurf
>>
>>51545433
Ynnead has no power.

To be fair I'd say that Khorne's inability to make a servant as strong as a Primarch is a clear indictment of his weakness as a god.
>>
>>51545488
>Red>Blue
Blood Angerls are orks confirmed.
>>
>>51545530
No we from Table O'context
>>
>>51544904

because the best primarch had to die to make a worthy sacrifice.

ferrus manus died because someone had to die at isstvan and start the heresy
>>
>>51545014
>Celestine and sangy will never have genetically perfect children and create a faction of imperial angels
I'm done with this Fucking garbage tier game
>>
>>51545641
;-; Primarch did nothing but die because GW hates us and wanted to kick start shit at Isstvan.
>>
>>51543410

Fulgrim has been shot in the brain by a super-bolter-sniper rifle, with the bullet explicitly going through his brain and punching out the other side. He healed from it within minutes.

Lorgar was shot point blank by a Titan's turbo-laser and healed from it.

Angron was buried under an exploding mile-high skyscraper and then stepped on by a Titan's an hour later, with no lasting injury.

Moderation was shit in the face by a lascannon and shrugged it off.

Guilliman was hit by a beam that vaporized the entire bridge of the capital ship he was standing in, and was left floating in space with no helmet for hours. He eventually woke up, in space with no helmet on, killed a few Word Bearers with just his fists, in space with no helmet on, then boarded a ship and healed up.

Sanguinis tanked a hit from Anggrath that was so powerful that the shockwave of it instantly pulped the 500 Blood Angels that were fighting in the surrounding area.

Under what circumstances do you think a generic enemy could ever have any hope against a Primarch?
>>
>>51545384
Stand tall Brother, our liege is on his return and the sky itself will rain with the salty tears of the lesser legions.
>>
>>51545643
>Quiet theme plays in the background

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?!
>>
>>51545520
I'm actually fairly certain scarbrand could murder the ever living dogshit out of Magnus.
>>
>>51546308
HAHAHAHHAAAA
>>
>>51546308

lawl
>>
>>51546107
>He healed from it within minutes.
It's probably worth mentioning that he was well on his way to daemonhood at that point.
>>
>>51546107
>a generic enemy

Lewl, just look at that goalpost shift.

First it was 'no one but Emprah and Primarchs', now it's 'oh no, I just mean generic mooks can't hurt them, honest guize, don't read back up the thread!'
Thread posts: 422
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.