[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fresh Malkavian NPCs concepts : I'll explain. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (12KB, 190x266px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 190x266px
Fresh Malkavian NPCs concepts :

I'll explain. I've been running a human WoD game for a while now and they got a bit tired of not knowing what was going on all the time. So we decided to turn their character into vampires and now I need to make some new NPCs to introduce them to this fucked up society

But I'm running out if good, original Malkavian concepts. Some that are beyond the "Oh look I'm crrrazy you would'nt know just how crrrrrazy I am."

So I'll give some that I used in the past to get this started and hope for inspiration from you fa/tg/uys.

>young vampire, former police officer
>embraced because je got too close to some Malkavian cult
>now that he is loco himself, he always acts like a cliché detective from the 30-40s
>always smoking a big ass pipe and wearing vintage as fuck clothes
>also, narrates everything he thinks like if he did the voice-over for an actual detective TV show
>"as I listened to the Toreador's defense, I figures he must have been here at some point. But I better keep this to myself and subtly get the info out if him"
>seems ridiculous and useless at first but FUCK is he perceptive
>keeps unconfortably revealing stuff about kindred in public
>doesn't actually get axed off because the Prince finds it pretty useful that nobody in his court can secretely plot against him so he protects the bastard
>>
>>51535149
>I'll explain. I've been running a human WoD game for a while now and they got a bit tired of not knowing what was going on all the time.
>So i'll turn them into vampires so they would continue not knowing what's going on all the time, but now with added benefits of being fucking vaporised once they break some obscure rule

Something tells me you haven't thought it out well, famalama.
>>
>>51535370
Hey it was their choice. I gave them the option to take new characters from Mage or Werewolf, even do Dark Age Fae if that's whay they wanted but they asked me for vampires. Sucks to be them.
>>
>>51535149
Second concept :

>old lady born with a gift of prophecy that she never completely understood
>Malkavian meets her in the nursing home which shelters his herd
>discovers she has this talent and is interested
>embraces her
>is now a crazy old lady who pinches people's cheeks AND drinks their blood
>unfortunately got Alzheimer from her embrace and rarely remembers her prophecies
>>
Making Malkavians is easy. Just build on real psychological issues and syndromes.

>Coutard's Syndrome/Derealization

Gustaf Feist is a Jungian psychologist and occultist who's utterly aware that he is dead. Not dead and risen, like most vampires think of themselves, but actually deceased. His experiences as a vampire is actually a symbol-laden construct construed by his dying mind. He therefore tends to view the whole affair as a puzzle or symbolic journey, a strange purgatory defined by some task he must fulfill before his mind gives in. Everything he encounters is a symbol or archetype or a metaphor for something in his own psyche. He knows uncannily much about everything, because everything comes from him. The world he exists in is not real, not as such. He is walking around inside his own dying head. When he speaks to you, he is actually speaking to himself. This leaves him with an uncanny insight into other people's motivation and purpose - after all, they come from his own subconsciousness.
>>
>Aboulomania

Henrietta Mosley had always been a cautious woman. Some would call her indecisive or inhibited, but she tended to view herself as simply careful. Fact is, she was horrified by the sheer number of consequences each of her actions could lead to. The notion of the butterfly effect was nauseating to her. She would lie in her room and construct scenarios in her head in which seemingly innocuous actions would lead to innocents meeting gruesome ends - she could clearly see how her going to the grocery store would lead to a bus swerving to avoid hitting her and instead ending up running over a small child, for example. She couldn't live with that responsibility.

After the Embrace, things became worse. Now she could see the horrors of causality in such livid detail that she was left unable to make any decisions at all. In addition, she started seeing the consequences of other's actions - the deterministic patterns that governed this abhorrent machinery she found herself in. She now spends her day locked in a room, while truth-seekers and decision-makers petition her to use her curse to guide them, treating her as something of an oracle. For that is the most terrible thing of all - after the Embrace, she starting being right.
>>
There's obviously also a plethora of phobias to play off. Gynophobia, for instance, where a character is terrified of women because they are so fucking filthy and dirty with all their fucking secretions and juices and gaping bloody holes don't touch me mother don't touch me i never liked it when you touched me

Somnophobia, the fear of falling asleep. Which is doubly interesting for a vampire character; perhaps he ingests vast quantities of blood in order to be able to stay awake during the daylight hours. Perhaps he's terrified of falling asleep because he knows he won't wake up again, the Embrace was a fluke, a one-time thing, the last time he ever rose from unconsciousness, if he's unconscious ever again he'll stay dead forever.

The key with these kinds of characters is to simply play it straight. In order to avoid "Oh look I'm crrrazy"-type characters, as you call them(or "fishmalks", as they're commonly known), you just need to play up the fact that their disorders are genuinely awful to live with, that they are actually completely broken people. Play it as if it was real mental illness, not Harley Quinn-style wackiness, not as a cartoon character, but as actual people who are in a lot of pain.
>>
>>51537212
That's terrifying.
>>
I once played a Malkavian who's shtick was conspiracy theories - Hitler fled into the Hollow Earth, the moon landing was faked, John Wilkes Booth didn't die in the fire, etc. He ran a late-night radio show that the Prince used as a tool to maintain the Masquerade; no one would believe in a secret society of undead monsters if they were also supposedly the Illuminati and Bigfoot was a member, and being a guest on the show was a great way to lose all your credibility.
>>
>>51537945
Malkavians are supposed to be terrifying. Not only are they shattered, delusional people, they're delusional people with the supernatural power to force you into believing that their worldview is correct.

A solipsist with the power of Dementation will convince you that not only is the world created by the imagination, it's not even your imagination. You're not real. You're a background character in someone else's fever dream. You're a prop.
>>
>>51538289
>>51538063
>>51537402
>>51537212
I like all of these, Thank you guys ! Will post more of my stuff later
>>
personally, I've always wanted to play as a Malkavian who was essentially Vivec, down to the weird stuff like milk fingers and CHIM
>>
OP, you forgot to tell us: oWoD or nWoD?
>>
>>51539404
oWoD
>>
I had an idea for a paranoid Malk. He's so paranoid, he tries to disguise his condition by pretending everything is a tabletop game or a video game around others.
Haven't put much thought into it since I won't get to try it any time soon.
>>
>>51535149
Malkavian with graphorhea (not sure of the way to write it in English)
He feels the need to constantly write. On paper, skin, walls, anything, he NEEDS to. Except he doesn't control what he writes and often writes nonsense... Most of the time. He uses Dementation through it, making people lost in the blurred words that mean way more than they seem.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.