[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me, join new 5e group that just had a member move away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Gay Lizard.png (54KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Gay Lizard.png
54KB, 250x250px
>Be me, join new 5e group that just had a member move away
>get into game, do a quick plant based dungeon, dragonborn paladin spends all smites and jump inside tree boss's mouth to bite and use point blank elemetal breath to one shot him
>crawls into its stomach and finds their old druid team mate
>"I drink its blood"
>what
>"yea fuck it, I drink the druid and the tree's blood for their power. Do I get any transformation powers?"
>whatever
>once we get back into town late at night he passes out
>only our bard is around to witness the paladin turn into an actual dragon
>whole part banished from the city into the desert after killing half the towns people

give me your best stories of how a GM has come up with things on the fly
>>
*party
>>
I like it when DM's just say "You know what, whatever."

Because, why not?
>>
>>51526439
>You see several skeletons come out of the basement, ready to test you in combat
This was a no magic setting I mind you
>>
>>51526439
XD!!! ITS SO FUNNY GUYS
HAHA
WE DID SOMETHING SO WHACKY! AND THE DM DID SOMETHING RANDOM!!!!!!!

fucking christ, millenials
>>
>>51532085
>"I am unhappy, and due to my life being unenjoyable, cannot tolerate other people being happy."
People like you are why nobody gives a shit about depression.
>>
>>51532254
stop projecitng
>>
>>51532340
Then justify why their fun is a bad thing?
>>
>>51526439
Get one dude XD
>>
>>51532085
Damn dude, all I wanted was cool improv stories
>>
>>51532085
>fucking christ, millenials
Either this is good bait, or you're retarded.
Now that I think about it you're retarded either way, but at least the first one means you're a *crafty* retard.
>>
>>51526439
>Be me
Classic start

>join new 5e group that just had a member move away
Setup for later use in story or irrelevant info?

>get into game, do a quick plant based dungeon, dragonborn paladin spends all smites and jump inside tree boss's mouth to bite and use point blank elemetal breath to one shot him
Sets up dragonborn paladin as either badass or glory hog, neither ends up being important

Ah, this is why you mentioned other member

>"I drink its blood"
>what
>"yea fuck it, I drink the druid and the tree's blood for their power. Do I get any transformation powers?"
Unless there are rules for this in 5e, this sounds like lolrandumb nonsense

>whatever
Ambivalent DMs are not praiseworthy

Why is the mention of the bard important?
Did the GM just fiat turning a PC into a dragon because “whatever”?
Why is this good?

>whole party banished from the city into the desert after killing half the towns people
What? Did the party help the dragon go on a rampage? How do you banish a dragon?

>give me your best stories of how a GM has come up with things on the fly
Not until you give us a remotely good one.

>GM has come up with things on the fly
That’s what you got from that story?
“Lol ur dragon now” is *not* “coming up with things on the fly”.
It is breaking the game for shits and giggles on a whim pulled out of their ass and not to be encouraged.
>>
>Be me
Like many our stories began humble
> join new 5e group that just had a member move away
Uh ok
Seems like a faggot who shouldnt play tabletop
>"I drink its blood"
>what

Confirms hes a faggot. he wants to make "le epic story bearingtonXD old man cthulu XD"
>whatever
Bad DM
Bad DM
What makes the bard special?

>whole part banished from the city into the desert after killing half the towns people
what? Why? bad dm
>>
>>51533412
>Unless there are rules for this in 5e, this sounds like lolrandumb nonsense
It was, but that's half the fun of it. We took a half hour break to eat and the dm spent the time pulling up dragon stats and making the new ark of the story

>Why is the mention of the bard important?
some stuff I left out, like how he ended up riding the dragon and trying to calm it

>Did the GM just fiat turning a PC into a dragon because “whatever”?
Why is this good?
OOC he needed a way to progresses us into the dessert and head towards the next city, but the scene was set up really nicely while we not only fought our friend but also had to try and convince the guards not to kill him and keep looters from stealing from their weapons shop they bought before I joined

>What? Did the party help the dragon go on a rampage? How do you banish a dragon?
We were all caught in some way trying to help him. I was caught after being dog piled by guards while trying to save the bard. And after morning hit, the dragonborn was turned back into himself.

>Not until you give us a remotely good one.
post one yourself if you have better
>>
>>51533680
>It was, but that's half the fun of it.
Ah. Well, I suppose you’re free to like whatever you like.
But lolrandumb doesn’t make for a good story worth sharing.
It’s literally: “And then we did silly things and made stuff up!”

>OOC he needed a way to progresses us into the dessert and head towards the next city
One might imagine he could have done it without a random dragon transformation, but meh.

>We were all caught in some way trying to help him. And after morning hit, the dragonborn was turned back into himself.
Alright then. That makes a measure of sense.

>post one yourself if you have better
“Not until you give us a remotely good one.”
But honestly I can’t think of a story that revolves around one.
Usually, if your GM is coming up with stuff on the fly, you can’t tell it from something he prepped.
Got this one:

>Be me
>playing D&D campaign with group
>exploring barrows and awaken undead
>climactic battle with powerful undead
>wild magic mage randomly casts a pathetic little rain cloud
>rest of party all attack, fumble, whiff, and critfail
>powerful undead proceeds to kick our asses, incapacitating us (there may have been some form of paralyzing, I forget)
>entire party down
>nothing to stop enraged undead from wiping us out
>lightning bolt from little rain cloud strikes the undead, killing it
>we gather ourselves up, lick our wounds, and clear the dungeon.
>>
>>51532085
I find it kinda funny
I find it kinda sad
The dreams I have of dying are the best I've ever had
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.