[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Given a lawful character whose alignment is in question between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Given a lawful character whose alignment is in question between neutral or good.

That character visits a tavern's bathroom, whereupon they relieve themselves and wash their hands in a basin provided.

Also provided is a pile of papers to dry one's hands with.

The character crumbles the paper after use, attempts to shoot it into a waste basket, rolls a natural 1, and misses.

As they are a non-evil lawful character, they understand it is right and proper to make sure the paper towel is in the waste basket. Upon bending over to retrieve it, the character notices two other paper balls which have not made it into the waste basket.

The character only retrieves their waste. Is there any grounds to argue they are a good character rather than neutral?
>>
>>51500915
What kind of shitty game are you playing where OTHER PEOPLE'S LAZINESS affects your alignment?
>>
>>51500987
This. Good is not a doormat.
>>
>>51500915

A particularly considerate person might decided to pick up the other wads. But it's not really Evil or even non-Good to not pick them up.

The kind of interpretation of Good where the LG person *has* to pick up other people's garbage is what leads to an especially obnoxious brand of busybody players.
>>
>>51500987
It's a pretty stupid scenario, yeah. But other people's laziness can still affect alignments from my understanding. If a noble isn't doing his job and his peasants are starving, isn't it the obligation of a Lawful Good paladin to try to correct that situation? If he decides to just walk by without a good reason, isn't that a morally questionable action?

>>51500915
As stated above, this scenario isn't really great. If this is a moral dilemma your paladin faces, he's not doing enough of value to be worthy of the title. But I'll try to answer it anyway.

For one thing, his time is valuable. It's one thing to ensure his own waste is disposed of, it's another to become a literal janitor and clean up after people. A peasant can throw a paper towel in the trash, it's easy. But a peasant can't smite evil, which the Paladin can do.

Also, if you want to be a dick, it sounds like the waste basket isn't recycling. The paladin is doing the Earth a favor by leaving the other paper towels on the ground to dissolve naturally. Or something.
>>
>>51501147

>But other people's laziness can still affect alignments from my understanding. If a noble isn't doing his job and his peasants are starving, isn't it the obligation of a Lawful Good paladin to try to correct that situation?

Normally yes.

But not picking up someone else's litter is a poor comparison to this.
>>
>>51501165
In this case, definitely. The statement I responded to just felt like it was a bit too far-reaching was all.
>>
File: over the line.jpg (233KB, 849x592px) Image search: [Google]
over the line.jpg
233KB, 849x592px
>>51500987
>not tracking down the towel droppers and smiting them
Has the whole world gone crazy?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.