[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can they seriously not go one fucking week without a 3 hour long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 10

File: critical-role-cast.jpg (299KB, 1200x824px) Image search: [Google]
critical-role-cast.jpg
299KB, 1200x824px
Can they seriously not go one fucking week without a 3 hour long fight? Its getting really old.
>>
Can you go one week without shilling this?

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP.
>>
File: jewing.jpg (28KB, 274x200px) Image search: [Google]
jewing.jpg
28KB, 274x200px
>>51499739
>not shilling

Nay, goyim.
>>
>>51499953
talison is gay
>>
>>51499725
The guy in the blue coat looks like a total prick.
>>
>>51499983

You want me to suck his dick on stream or something?
>>
>>51499725
If scanlan die I think I will stop watching the show
>>
>>51499953

Marisha is Matt Mercer's long-time girlfriend, and she fits the GM's girlfriend trope quite closely.
>>
>>51500124
Hilariously he's one of the better people on the show by miles.
>>
>>51500436
Well let's be honest
Every member of the cast except Grog and Scanlan fits the GM's girlfriend trope
>>
>>51500436
Fiancee now.
>>
>>51500412
>>51500412

...dunno how to break this to you but...
>>
>>51500155
That'll do
>>
>>51500670
I mean permanently obviously
Sam PC is carrying alone 50% the show
It wouldn't work without scanlan
>>
>>51500436
they are getting married now
>>
>>51500715
ya, him and grog are basically the only reason i watch anymore aside from ashley sometimes because she is my waifu
>>
>>51500486

Travis is one of the best roleplayers on the show. He portrays the dumb but occasionally insightful meathead barbarian QUITE well.
>>
>>51500486
Percy and Vex have their moments. Plus, Pike is a qt
>>
>>51500702

Will it make me gay too?
>>
>>51499725
That kneeling faggot in the purple is the reason us bards have a bad name.
I play a dwarven or sometimes warforged bard who plays metal and only metal.
>>
>>51500933
No, you're the one giving bards and metalfags a bad name.
>>
>>51500933
>Implying Scanlan is trash
I bet you think Keylith and Tiberius are the best characters
>>
>>51500877
Not if your eyes don't meet while you do it.
>>
Who is your CR waifu?

would let Zahra's tail spank me every night
>>
>MFW adventure zone master race
>>
>>51501431
Mary is great but Ashley is freaking adorable
>>
>>51500933
w o w ur so cool and original. i would love to hear your attempts at bardic inspirations at the table.
>>
>>51501548
No.
>>
File: girl and her best friend.png (3MB, 1080x1240px) Image search: [Google]
girl and her best friend.png
3MB, 1080x1240px
Anyone recommend a good episode to watch as an introduction to the series?
>>
>>51501548
he literally kicked orion off the show for doing that once. pretty sure talesen is either gay or friend zoned as fuck
>>
>>51501654
just watch from the briarwood arc onward, think it starts around episode 22
>>
>>51501654
Go to Youtube and watch Scalan trying to buy drugs, if humor is your thing.

Go watch the episode "The Kill Box" if combat & roleplay is your thing.

Those both assume you want a video to convince you to watch the whole series, I'd really just start with the 1st.
>>
>>51501685
the under dark arc is really shitty honestly, id skip it unless you want to watch them struggle through figuring out how to be on camera
>>
>>51501716
I agree it was kinda shit, but it sets up stuff for later I think?

I'm entirely positive the crew & maybe Matt have forgotten about the Horn of Orcus. I want to ask him about it when we talk next.
>>
>>51501703
No
>>
>>51501733
it only sets up keema and a reference to clarota like once. aside from that they literally never talk about it again
>>
>>51501754
No
>>
>>51501751
>>51501733

I think something happening in Vasselheim is going to be the next arc.
>>
>>51501781
I just wonder when something with the ziggurat is going to happen
>>
>>51501858
Well it is a siphon, so whatever it's siphoning is going somewhere.
>>
>>51500877
It's only gay if you swallow.
>>
>>51499725
It's D&D. What do you expect?
>>
>>51501898
I'd be paranoid that it would start expanding and consume whitestone
>>
So I hear about this fairly often, if I was interested in following what's the best place to start?

Just tge most revent session or campaign, or do they have a "greatest hits" type deal or a particularly well received campaign they've run in the past?
>>
>>51502078
See:
>>51501675
>>51501685
>>51501716
>>
>>51502078
Start with the Briarstone Arc. It's fucking fantastic and doesn't have the obnoxious Orion around.
>>
>Play D&D made during WotC era
>Expecting the game to not devolve into fighting

How stupid are you?
>>
>>51502078
>>51501675
>>51501654
I know it gets a lot of hate around here since its a show for normies, but I enjoy it. Have enjoyed it since Ep1. It has it's dull moments, but for the most part it's pretty entertaining watching their campaign unfold. Been some hilarious times and some badass times.
I don't always actually watch the show on youtube though, I download it and convert to mp3 so I can listen at work.
>>
>>51502183
So here's why CritRole is weird to me;

I like some of the players, I like some of the moments, I like some of the story.

But on the whole, the plot is just so...basic. Like straight up, 100% predictable D&D. I dunno if that's just Matt being uncreative, or intentional.

I also can't stand some facepalm moments Matt pulls like giving the group a Deck of Many Things and insisting he rolled it on a treasure table, along with a Magic Carpet.

But mostly, the more I watch (especially now), the more my conversations with people in the business of streaming I know a lot of people at G&S and HyperRPG, as well as other big name streamers, the more I am pretty convinced that lots of the show is scripted. I've defended it as not being so, but I keep getting those heavy inklings that it might be. Lots of people on the inside have said it's LIKELY so (though none confirmed for sure), but with Legendary owning G&S now, I would put money on it.
>>
>>51502313
I respect the integrity of the players too much to assume it's scripted.
>>
>>51502340
Again, I thought that too, and defended it pretty strongly.

But if you hung out with the people I hang out with, and heard the things I hear, then you'd realize that overall, it's fairly common in the industry. Again, can't say for SURE whether CritRole is part of that, but I wouldn't doubt it.
>>
>>51502313
Scripted as in how the story will pan out, or scripted down to what happens to each character during each encounter, and how the players will act accordingly?
I can deal with the former. Yes the campaign may have taken an entirely different path if they were still playing at Matt's kitchen table, but now it is basically a TV show and some things will need to be railroaded for entertainment.
>>
>>51502383
>Scripted as in how the story will pan out, or scripted down to what happens to each character during each encounter, and how the players will act accordingly?

I couldn't say. Again, not making any specific accusations, just telling you that I've had lots of people in the mix tell me "It's much more common than you think" (with regards to ALL livestream games with a lot of money/production in them, which would include Rollplay, HyperRPG, CritRole, AcqInc, and others)

I'd say almost certainly the former, probably a little bit of the latter in some situations.
>>
>>51502377
It's scripted in the sense that Matt has a story that i'm sure he's disclosed. The actual events of the game itself aren't, but the players are fine following Matt's light railroad because they want to see the end of the story as much as the audience does.

The show doesn't really work when you're in the middle of something really interesting, and the players fuck off to somewhere else totally unrelated.

The Vestiges went a little bit in that way, but they managed to rein it in.
>>
>>51501431
Lillith is a qt
>>
>>51499725

No because that is what D&D is for.
>>
>>51500779
>Travis is THE best roleplayer on the show
fixt
>>
>>51501431
Ashley is the one I'd enjoy gaming with the most, but Laura will always get my dick hard. Blame Full Metal Alchemist.
>Lust and Mustang are married and bang on the regular
>>
File: SPzznkk.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SPzznkk.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>51499725
I wanna tongue punch ashley johnson's fart box.
>>
>>51499725

I want to fuck the girl in the white wig and the redhead. Are they bitches?
>>
>>51503912
Red is kinda a cunt sometimes and is annoying when she rps, Wig is an absolute sweetheart.
>>
>>51503957
This, but sadly wig is often absent, when cunt almost never is.
>>
I like the show and I've been following it since the early days.

However, I can never tell whether Marisha is a good actor. She's just impossible to take seriously when she gets emotional or serious, and I don't know if that's a character quirk or what.

Sam is best girl and Taliesin did a lot of work on Hellsing so he's great too.
>>
>>51503957
>>51503983

Who are their characters?
>>
>>51504034
Cunt is an unlikable druid princess, and half the autistic shit is unintentional. She and angst mcangsterton the literal paladin to a god of death/rogue, have the most awkward and cringy relationship possible in the show.
Wig is a cutey gnome war cleric who continually turns down the bard, and is best friends with a goliath barbarian and likes to emulate him in combat when she can.
>>
>>51503885
Tongue punch? Is that a bananners reference?
>>
>>51500769

Pike a cute, but like 90% of her charm as a character comes from her interactions with Grog and Scanlan specifically.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>51503885
Holy shit I always thought Ashley was cute waifu material but she was hot as fuark too. What happened to her sex appeal?
>>
>>51503885
>>51506344
She looks so much worse all tarted up. She is comfy
>>
>>51502313
I feel like the story is so predictable in terms of D&D tropes because of a combination of it being:

1. The first campaign - if not first tabletop game - most of the players have done (Laura, Travis, Sam, Ashley)

2. Hadn't played in years if not decades, with bad DMs or in rules editions that are much harder than Pathfinder/5th edition (Liam, Marisha)

3. Changes Matt has made as he's done a lot of work on his homebrew world throughout the course of the show.

I'd argue that the success of the show also had something to do with the plot going in this direction as well (at the earliest, around the time of the K'Varn fight is when things get rather cookie cutter in terms of D&D plot tropes).

As for the Deck of Many Things, I do believe he rolled that on the loot table though, considering that the last time they've pillaged from a dragon horde they found a Holy Avenger, a weapon that literally no one but the (recently) multiclassed Rogue/Paladin could wield, and it wouldn't work with half of that character's schtick.

It might be scripted in the sense that everyone's willing to go along with Matt's light railroading. Travis has said before that he just wants to do the old-school RPG thing and explore everything and learn about the world Matt's made because he likes how Matt's running the game.
>>
>>51509254
Nah doubt he is a cuck, he just probably isnt threatened by the dumpy grown up goth constantly pawing at his mrs
>>
>>51509522
I think the reason why Matt's fine with Taliesin and Marisha getting all feelsy is because at least half the time it's Marisha initiating it. Not to mention they are good friends outside of the game (I'm pretty sure Matt or Marisha have said during the Periscope stuff that they hang out with Taliesin once or twice a week, either at his house or him visiting them, not to mention Taliesin went with them to Burning Man last year). Also, I swear I remember one of them mentioning that Taliesin has a girlfriend. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if he was gay.
>>
>>51509649
That all sounds like the behavior of a literal cuck.
>>
>>51499725
I think they'll cool it with the 3 hour fights from now on since all the dragons are dead
>>
>Ashley admitted that Pike would probably try suude once just to see what Scanlan's going through and how to help him

Truly, she is best girl.

And, hey, cheer up OP. This week, instead of a 3 hour fight, you'll get a 3 hour wankfest with Vax trying to hog all the emotional spotlight!
>>
>>51499725
>complains about fight length in D&D
Do you even know where you are?
>>
>>51510603
Welcome to D&D the Cuck edition
>>
>>51499725
This show fails the diversity test. Boycott now! #criticalrolesowhite
>>
>>51499725
What even is this? Vlogs of some people LARPing? I mean actually, I've never seen this or heard of it before.
>>
>>51514788
Critical Role, it's a long running DnD show, picture is just a group photo.
>>
>>51501683
Orion was kicked for many reasons

The guy is just a fucking trainwreck

Taliesin, Matt and Marisha are just close friends.
>>
>>51514820
So it's a show about people who play DnD or it's a show that is supposed to be a visual representation of a DnD game? Is anyone actually playing a game with dice and and DM and shit or are they just writing a story for this show that is like a DnD game?
>>
>>51515285
It's a normal D&D game except for the party size (that one was a bit of an accident) and the fact it's streamed and then put on youtube.

OP photo is just a publicity thing, they don't really wear costumes when they play. Unless it's Halloween
>>
>>51514783
Shit bait
>>
>>51504064
>half the autistic shit is unintentional

Lol no.

Marisha is more Grog in personality than Keyleth.

It's all a fucking act.
>>
>>51516191
Nice try Matt, your fiance is autistic as fuck.
>>
>>51516191
>Marisha is more Grog in personality than Keyleth.
Loud, obnoxious, whore-happy and doesn't know what hygiene is?
>>
>>51516323
You know what I fucking mean't don't be a little pedantic bitch.
>>
>>51516376
Point being you can mean fucking anything. And no, I don't know her, so I have no idea what you mean
>>
>Its a Marisha is meta gaming again moment

Scanlan and Grog are the only ones that never metagame.
>>
File: cuck.jpg (16KB, 740x126px) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
16KB, 740x126px
Critical Role is a surrogate for actually playing D&D.

If you had a group to play with each week you wouldn't have to live vicariously through this average show.

They're all virtue signalling cucks anyway
>>
>>51503368
Wait what? I thought Mustang killed Lust.
>>
>>51516702
Pierced her with his cock
>>
>>51512348
Oh, for fuck's sake! It'll be the fucking worst if Liam tries to put Vax on the spotlight talking to his shitty goddess when it should be a Pike and Scanlan (with Kaylie) episode.
>>
>>51516702
Travis voiced Mustang, Laura voiced Lust, and they are married IRL.
>>
>>51512348
>3 hour wankfest with Vax trying to hog all the emotional spotlight!
I'd honestly prefer that to Keyleth getting emotional and trying to be in the spotlight But not by much
>>
>>51516191
Retarded?
>>
>>51516408
What did she do to metagame this time? I must have missed it
>>
>>51516681
What did you expect? They all live in California
>>
I wish /tg/ would talk about cr more often, It's a fun show but reddit is a hugbox where any criticism(often warranted) is downvoted to oblivion.
>>
>>51517959
Let me guess, they actually like keyleth and think she's great?
>>
>>51517959
There's not that much to talk about it, honestly. Most of the time the discussions I see here are about the new episode and how Vax and Keyleth are cringey, and that's pretty much it in a nutshell. Not that I'm complaining about it, but I don't know what it could be discussed more often.
>>
>>51518018
it's about 50/50, occasionally threads will come out constructively trying to criticise her but the rest is 'Keyleth has been one of/my favorite character for a long time and I'm finally happy she's getting validation!!! Her speeches are great!~
>>
>>51518071
Live threads would be fun but probably not enough interest
>>
>>51499725
Can you stop shilling this for one fucking week?
>>
>>51518105
I get this is a meme but they literally make over like 100,000 a month on subs alone, I'm sure they need us
>>
>>51518102
They could be, but I believe it would get old really fast.
>>
>>51518138
>>51518102
The only problem is you have to subscribe to alpha to watch the show live and Fuck. That. Shit.
>>
>>51518176
Wut? The show is airs on twitch, live.
>>
>>51518176
You can watch it live on twitch. Alpha is just to have fancy shit like HP bars and character portraits. You need alpha to watch the second half of Talks Machina though.
>>
Also, is there a sheet for the new Cabal's Ruin? And does anything think it was bullshit when Matt didn't let Taliesin use the charges on a critical when they basically work like a worse divine smite?
>>
>>51518226
*anyone

FUCK
>>
>>51503885
What movie was this?
>>
>>51518184
>>51518197
My bad, I got mixed up
>>
>>51503885
Sorry, she'll always be little Chrissy Seaver to me. Show me that smile again
>>
>>51518382
Np, it happens.
>>
File: BEARDS character sheets.png (3MB, 1200x1588px) Image search: [Google]
BEARDS character sheets.png
3MB, 1200x1588px
Sorry i only watch P&P in my language and with more puzzles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbNDSRko5lE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnomZPekaZI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwHEc8woUqc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvcgUhpPuFA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ODiaOsGsrA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zAL9fwJs4M
>>
decided to watch this for the first time, just picked up the most recent episode

>8 minutes of advertisements
>disingenuous, desperate 'throaty' voices when sad stuff in-game happens
>overblown reactions to typical d&d bullshit
>pat rothfuss staring into the middle distance the entire time wishing he were in a better game

fun character voices are cool, but a bunch of adults acting super emotional out-of-game just feels awkward. it's almost as horrifying as watching people larp. the redhead is especially annoying.

the dm is good though. I don't like it, but I'll probably keep watching it because I hate myself and I need friendly voices to fill the hours of silence

thanks for listening to my blog
>>
>>51499725
So what quest does everyone think Matt is going to put the players through if/when Scanlan actually stays dead because they fuck up the ritual.
>>
>>51521766
I still have money on the ziggurat. There's no way he can ignore a magic black hole
>>
>>51521333
SPALTEN!
>>
>>51501431
Clarota is my waifu
>>
>>51521333

>Trips

I really wish I spoke your language so that I could watch this.
>>
I tried to watch a bit of Critical Role, but I couldn't get into it. I'm thinking of giving it another shot. I think I heard someone say that they actually do tackle some of the adventure modules in 5e? If anyone could give me an episode number where they start, say, Princes of the Apocalypse or Out of the Abyss, I'd be down with that.
>>
>>51522723
The Whitestone arc is Curse of Strahd-ish, but it's still Matt's homebrew campaign, they never went through any of the modules. There is another livestream where Matt dm's SKT on DnD's official channel, but with another group of players.
>>
>>51522101
SchwingSchwungSchwingSchwung!!!!!
>>
>>51522723
The first arc they did with K'Varn was kind of like out of the abyss. And by kinda I mean they both take place in the underdark
>>
So, what are the odds that, should the resurrection fail, Grog'll demand the githyanki skull back from Vex to wish for Scanlan back?
>>
>>51526155
I want to see him fucking up with either the skull or the deck of many things.
>>
>>51522700
>double doubles
Not bad either.
I like you anon.
>>
>>51499725
>FIX HIM
I think that was the first time I've actually been afraid of Grog.
I want more actually angry Grog, for the short time it lasted that was so fucking powerful.
>>
>>51527412
>>51526155
Travis is phenomenal. Holy fuck, him and sam make that show watchable
>>
>>51499725
What the fuck is this?
>>
>>51503368
>fridays are CR night
>saturdays are FMA night
I wonder if they have enough to roleplay through the whole week
>>
>>51521766
What I like is that for Mercer's homebrew, since the ritual is basically convincing the dead person to come back, Sam can literally just say "No thanks" and Scanlan is permadead. That's how it worked with Percy.
>>
>>51530352
But Percy came back
>>
>>51531013
Percy came back thanks to a literal deathbed confession of love and the fact that no one invoked the name of a god besides the one that gave Pike the power to potentially revive him in the first place.
>>
>>51532056
Yeah that's true. I kinda wanted to see what would happen if Percy decided not to come back to life
>>
>>51533813
I wish he had, his story was done, but the romance was planned and laura invoked it.
>>
>>51533813
it's interesting to see how Percy's demeanor has changed since coming back to life though. He's much more laxidazical about it now and seems to want more out of it.

Though, in tonight's episode he did say that he feels his life is no longer his own; that it belongs now to Vex, the rest of VM, his heritage + his sister, his hometown, and the world as a whole. Whether this means he's feeling like in utter lack of control over the choices and decisions in his life since his revival, or it was meant more-so as a bit of philosophical ponderings, I don't know.
>>
>>51534843
Maybe it's more like he has people who won't let him go unless he wants to, even if he feels unable to make that choice, and he couldn't do the same for his family and other people he cared for in the past.
>>
Last ep I saw was when the team split up and each team had two guest stars but I only the first one. How did my nigga Terry McGuiness do?
>>
>>51534983
Eric Matthews did pretty good, his character was kind of edgy but he played it in a way that worked. His banter with the other players was hilarious. He ended up coming back at least once with the milf tiefling chick
>>
>>51530352
I honestly reckon Sam might let Scanlan stay dead. He's hinted a few times that Scanlan has some issues, and if anyone's going to pull a decision like that I bet it would be him.
>>
>>51521649

If one episode of the redhead makes you think shes annoying, you're going to want to claw out your ears after a while of her.

I think I also hate her because she gets praised for doing minimally competent stuff about 40% of the time, the other 60% she's wandering around awkwardly getting them into fights, or tripping herself into lava, or somehow managing to be a fedora-tipping moral grandstanding atheist despite how much gods have helped her in this damn campaign.

I watch this show for Grog, Vex, and Scanlan, they make it worth it
>>
>>51500436
Definitely read "fists the GM's girlfriend"
>>
>>51540935
Maybe she's into fisting herself
>>
>>51534843
>>51534883
Maybe Taliesin is just a pretentious fop
>>
>>51532056
>>51531013
Basically if this hadn't been tailor-made for Percy, no die-roll would have been high enough.
>>
>>51545708
Yeah, that could be it. I prefer when he acts like an asshole and don't try to question about the metaphysical nature of his life after being resurrected.

I'm really glad the Conclave arc is over, because it feels like it should've ended a few months ago. The only party drama that was actually interesting was at the beginning of the arc, when Percy and Grog fought over the githyanki skull.
>>
>>51546133
I can't wait for Rakhshasa round 3
>>
>>51546168
For the love of god, I fucking hope that incompetent tiger cunt kill someone this time. He's already at a Power Rangers recurring villain status.
>>
>>51546258
He's literally only shown up twice
>>
>>51546303
And managed to do less than Percy's yandere fan-girl. Heck, he didn't even put a scratch on any of the npcs. The assassin that managed to hit Gilmore turned into paste in less than a minute.
>>
>>51546133
I wanted to see Percy v. Grog so fucking badly
>>
>>51547725
I really wanted to see how Matt would monkey paw the wish, but Travis had to roll exceptionally low on a strength check to break the skull. I have a feeling it would make the conclave arc way more interesting than the collect the vestiges bullshit we got.
>>
>>51549010
I completely agree with you
>>
>>51549010
>>51549116
Just to add a little thing: I see the scuffle between Grog and Percy as a proof of Travis only but unfortunate flaw: he's way too willing to be railroaded. While you could argue that Grog's intelligence impedes him to take the helm more frequently, the fight for the skull showed that he can very competently move the plot forward on his own way, even though it was a extremely risky move, but he's willing to try and fail (unlike someone who needs a feat to not fail on inconsequential shit).

I feel like if Matt doesn't give those crazy and stupid ideas, Travis will not have a way to actually do something other than smash things with Grog and be happy to be guided by the other party member, which is fine if he enjoys that, but it's so depressing to see one of the best role-players in the group being relegated as the party bruiser. I was really sad when they meta-game the fuck out of it to get the Deck of Many Things out of his hands.
>>
>>51549566
im about ep.50 right now, do they ever make grog get rid of his sentient sword?

I see grog getting treated so poorly in these threads and it makes me worry about the best sword.
>>
>>51550565
Poorly? I believe he's one of the most beloved character here, together with Scanlan. About Craven Edge yes, they get rid of it after he gets the maximum amount of strength, which triggered a save or die bullshit roll that Travis failed, Grog died, was resurrected and the party voted to get rid of it, throwing it on the same demiplane they fought a child-stealing fey
>>
>>51499725
>Sam was skiing in Utah when Scanlan was ressurected
He really doesn't give a fuck it's so great
>>
>>51550990
Wouldn't it be crazy if he died in real life, while they were rezzin scanlan
>>
>>51551346
Now it's real drama
>>
>>51549566
>Deck of Many Things
At least in that episode we had Laura improving Vex sucking Percy's Deck of Many Things while her brother was next to them unknowingly.

Boldy lewd.
>>
>>51551634
Even though that was cute and lewd, that episode pissed me off when everyone was trying their best to meta-game the deck away from Grog.
>>
So what did happen to Orion why did he get booted from the show? Just started watching.
>>
>>51522636
I was disappointed with him because I thought he was a cool NPC. I wished he would have given the members that stood up for him a heads up what he was about to do
>>
>>51552317
It's a lot of speculation but near the end people seemed to have grown tired of his shit,he had cancer and was asking for money to do the show. He made a Twitter comment about knowing who his real friends are or something so it's assumed that it came down to a vote if he should stay or not.
>>
>>51550565
>I see Keyleth getting treated so poorly in these threads
ftfy

Grog is fucking amazing
>>
>>51552070
Same. It also pissed me off when Grog tried to get the deck back from Vex after Raishan but Laura still metagamed it away from him
>>
>>51552442

The circumstances sucked, but he was a very poor fit for the show. He talked out of turn (with both meta gaming and interrupting people in mind) and his tone was very inconsistent. He was also very wishy washy with the rules, and people suspected he was cheating with this sorcerer points and spell lists, which may have been an artifact from pathfinder.

Really it came down to his childish attitude and tendency to cut people off mid-sentence, he had very poor stage etiquette and it was pissing the other players off.

Every moment after the start of the k'varn fight was him hitching about everyone not listening to him when he diverted from the plan.
>>
File: whore.png (436KB, 1306x807px) Image search: [Google]
whore.png
436KB, 1306x807px
>>51503885
reminder that this show is filled with fucking libcucks.
>>
>>51553469
Reminder that you're playing their game when you give too much importance to their political opinions. Yes, they're Californian regressives, but you're just mirroring them saying that people who disagrees with their views are racists, misogynists or whatever buzzword they're using right now. Don't do that, it's dumb.
>>
>>51553469
>people in the acting industry are liberals
In other breaking news /pol/ supports Trump
>>
File: non-political post.jpg (37KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
non-political post.jpg
37KB, 480x479px
Let's stop with the politics. This isn't the thread for that.
>>
>>51553889
As someone who is interested but inexperienced in tg stuff, I'd like to know is Matt Mercer the highest tier of DM?
>>
>>51553997
That really depends on what you're looking for.

But if you're looking for the kind of game he runs, he's pretty damn top tier.
>>
>>51553997
He's good, but I wouldn't say highest tier. I really like his descriptions for both npcs and landscapes, and he can role play a good amount of characters, but outside of that his plot lines are not that great and cliché at it's best, and most of his villains are shallow and simple, even though he had some really good antagonists recently (Raishan and Ripley).

I don't know if he simplifies the plot for the sake of the livestream and to give it a more tv show vibe, but if you're not looking for a masterpiece of writing than he's pretty good.
>>
>>51554077
I think it's more the current style of campaign they're going for is "Epic DnD Heroes" style. Good and evil, saving the world, so forth.

From what they talk about in the past they'd gone with a bit more outside the box stuff, but it seems to depend on the party's character more so than what Matt makes.
>>
>>51546428
To be fair, thats because Rakshasas are incredibly underpowered in 5e. They have like 2 useful spells to use in battle, and get absolutely rolled by any physical damage or arrows.
>>
>>51554153
I remember him talking about a campaign that ended with one of the pcs being the slave of another one who became the leader of what I believe was Barovia (he talks about it on the second Q&A with a battle royale), but I don't think he was the DM for that one.
>>
>>51553798
Not its not a grouping thing. The commercial is literally

"Save the day and make a vote against racism!"
"Vote against bigotry and sexism!"

and I was shocked to see Ashley in it, I'm not going to lie I felt a little bit betrayed because though irrational I just can't help but draw a connection that because I'd rather vote for Trump shes saying I'm a bigot and a racist. Whenever I'd watch an episode its like we both like D&D and love the hobbies and yet I'm grouped into the "them" category for these people and I can't help but feel unwelcome.

They drew first blood.
>>
>>51554272
If you voted for somebody whose whole political campaign was based on saying bigoted things and pushing lies that play on people's bigotries then it makes sense for people to think of you as a bigot.

>>51554077
I'd say hes pretty top tier. The only thing about him I'd see as a drawback is his stories are very straight forward, but honestly I think thats good for DnD. The focus should be on setting up a situation for the PCs to play around in. Not masturbating over your amazing story.
>>
>>51554272
I feel you man, and it's specially tiresome when you're not even from the USA and everyone talks about the same shit, but if we start using the same strategies they're using we'll fall into the situation of "no bad tactics, only bad targets".

The best thing to do is to just ignore it when they're not talking about it. If they started talking about the election on every other episode I would stop watching and ignore it completely, but they don't do it so I couldn't give a fuck about what they think about anything political. Don't be retarded like them with their #Boycott whatever company that don't agrees with us, or #Buy from whatever company that agrees with us even though they're doing it to get more money.
>>
>>51553997

He's(obviously) really good at voices, but in other ways I'd say Chris Perkins is superior.
>>
>>51554686
A charming faggot. Also he was the brains behind Curse of Strahd which is the best module I've read in a decade.
>>
>>51554344
I would have voted for just about anybody vs someone proven to have cheated in the DNC primary with leaked debate questions from Donna Brazile; if politicians aren't punished for actual cheating then far worse than Trump will be able to be elected.
>>
>>51554686
What makes Perkins so good?
>>
>>51521649
shut up nerd. Larping is fun!
>>
>>51554272
Wow, I can't decide wether to call you a faggot or a cuck so I'm going to go with a faggoty cuck
>>
File: Perkins_Bday.jpg (764KB, 1275x3307px) Image search: [Google]
Perkins_Bday.jpg
764KB, 1275x3307px
>>51556993

If I had to choose one thing he's got over Mercer, I'd say experience.

Here's an infographic the official D&D facebook page posted on his birthday last year.
>>
>>51554344
To be fair, you amerifags have kind of painted yourself into a corner with that two party system you have going there. A choice between a liar whose only real merit is that she is a woman and the grandfather of Clyde Cash who is honest about all the ways he is going to fuck your country up is not a real choice at all
>>
>>51562163
Oh shit, I didn't know all that. Are there any videos of him dming?
>>
>>51499725
Who are these primetime faggots? Look at that fucking rogue.
>>
>>51556993
He had a (weekly?) column on the D&D website for a while called "The Dungeon Master Experience" which had a decent amount of good advice, and little anecdotes from his home games to lead into it. They were always a good read.
>>
>>51562779
There's all the PAX shit with Acquisitions Incorporated which is funny, and there's Dice Camera Action on the WOTC Twitch/YT - playing through Curse of Strahd for the first season. Second one I've not watched yet.
>>
>>51499725
Who's this group of raging lesbians and why should I care ?
>>
>>51562838
>Acquisitions Incorporated
It's pretty good in my opinion
I also wonder, what is /tg/'s opinion on the Yogscast's series on tabletop, mainly Yogsquest and their latest series on the Edge of the Empire Star Wars rpg
>>
>>51563769
I'm mostly into High Rollers for Yogscast tabletop, but Yogsquest Star Wars is fucking hilarious. Really appreciating Lewis recently.
>>
So did they revive Scanlan or did he stay dead?
>>
>>51564888
Surivived: two successes, one failure on the checks, and a Nat20 on the final resurrection roll.
>>
>>51565137
So how did the actual convincing him to come back from the dead go?
>>
>>51565279

Pike read a poem, Grog said some cool shit about friendship, and Kaylie (his daughter) played a song.
>>
>>51562779

Here's a podcast of the start of the adventure that introduces Patrick Rothfuss as Viari, which I think is a good jumping on point for the "5e era" of Acquisitions Incorporated...even though I think they're actually playing D&D NEXT at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSFifRgeOqs
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.