/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the current fluff like on the crons? Do they have personalities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Whats the current fluff like on the crons? Do they have personalities or something now? Wanna build an adversarial army so im thinking about necrons alongside chaos/orks/genestealer cult.
>>
>>51498613
Necrons are neutral to the imperium now. At least the one that tried helping them defend cadia
>>
>>51498613
They are as adversarial as your individual dynasty, phaeron or overlord. The amount of intelligence and individuality scales up with their social rank and how armoured/cool their body is apparently, so you can have an overlord who wants to purge the humans from their old empire as much as

>>51498623
Trazyn can be a fucking meme.

It's 40k. Everyone has more reasons to fight each other than not.
>>
>>51498668
Sooo the basic necron warrior is still a mindless drone, but now controlled by space pharaohs?
>>
>>51498613
Character models have full personalities, elites have most of a personality and some loyalty programming, crazies (Destroyers and Flayed Ones) have enough personality to be complete loons, and the baseline Necron Warrior is just as much of an automaton as any Oldcron.

In a "My Dudes" example, most of my dynasty's Immortals are actually up-equipped Warriors due to severe damage to the Immortals' section of the stasis crypt forcing the Crypteks to salvage what they could and slap it on there. Why yes, I am providing fluff explanations for the fact I'm using partially converted Warrior bodies to get both Immortals and Deathmarks from the one set of sprues.
>>
>>51498694
Pretty much, though a newcron army in the thrall of a C'tan isn't outside the realm of possibility, nor is an entire force being an unthinking legion - there's at least one codex example where the master AI of a tomb took over and is running things in the creepy silent way of the old necrons
>>
Awesome, thanks for all the info guys. A side note, is there any color schemes besides gunmetal grey that look good on them? Most color on the bodies looks kinda silly to me.
>>
>>51498613
They have shown a willingness to assist the Imperium because some of them (basically the Silent King and those aligned with him) see the Tyranids as the greater threat to their destiny to dominate the galaxy. Tyranids represent change, and are diametrically opposed to the stasis embodied by the Necrons. Most of that stuff lives in the novels/short stories though.
>>
>>51498794
>in the thrall of a C'tan isn't outside the realm of possibility,
One of the short stories pretty much states the Sarkoni Emperor is doing the C'Tan's bidding.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.