[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/ I made a thread awhile ago about making a fallout florida

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 77

File: Wear+Boy+3000+on+Android+Wear.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Wear+Boy+3000+on+Android+Wear.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
Hey /tg/ I made a thread awhile ago about making a fallout florida campaign. Well the campaign is about ready to start I just need throw in some fluff for flavor. I was thinking about making a radio host persona that could play music and give hooks for various side quest. Any ideas for an interesting radio host persona? Also general fallout pnp discussion thread.
>>
>>51497138
So regular Howard Stern?
>>
Some sort of grouchy gatorman out in the swamps. He goes on and on about the evils of the Floridaman. If you need any ideas about what he talks about just look up articles with "Florida man does X"

Another idea would be a lunatic who claims he was abducted by aliens on the moon and was returned as their messenger, maybe have his quests revolve around space related things.
>>
>>51497494
Oh fuck yes, especially if he is in the swamps around cape canaviril, and is always talking about ways to get into the old facilities. I would def follow gatorman/abductee into some spaceship shennangins.
>>
File: alex-jones-400x225.jpg (39KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
alex-jones-400x225.jpg
39KB, 400x225px
>>51496812
Alex Jones. He's survived on Super Male vitality for 200 years.
>>
File: 1453602202127.jpg (259KB, 736x677px) Image search: [Google]
1453602202127.jpg
259KB, 736x677px
Maybe twist things around by having the radio host work for a major gang? Most seem to be aligned with the major good guys in the games, so it might be fun to have a charismatic guy that's also trying to play down the actions of his gang and make them sound more noble.
>>
Are your PCs leaving Florida at all?

Radio host could be a radioactive ghoul that can't leave the radio station because he himself powers it. Side quest: set him free and silence the airwaves possibly damning his listeners who count on his broadcasts for info or damn him to eternal hosting duties...
>>
>>51496812
I'd try to think of something else. The cool radio host personality has been done 3 games in a row now.
>>
>>51501161
I'll admit, NV's radio host didn't stand out to me too much.
>>
>>51501279
I actually liked Mister NV better than 3 Dog. I haven't played 4 so I can't comment on it.
>>
File: GARY.jpg (145KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
GARY.jpg
145KB, 480x360px
>>51496812
A host that's a robot. He still has the same programming he did before the war. He has a few faithful personel in the station who keep it up and running.
The robot is completely unaware a war even occurred and goes on like it's normal.

Bonus points if the robot has no real personality
>>
>>51501934
I'm not saying Three Dog was all that great - not only did NV have better songs, but the news felt more interesting than just 'tell me what I already know I did' - but Mr. New Vegas just didn't stand out much personally. Which is good, in a way.
>>
>>51502069
>>51501934
>>51501279
>>51501161

By the same token, I don't even know that 4 has a radio personality, unless you mean the Silver Spectre guy...
>>
>>51496812
Make some tribes like
>Children of the mist. Swamp dwellers
>Sky trailers. People who reveres the space program and worships old rockets has a lot of boom booms
>Heap Kings. Lives in junkyards and are good metal smiths
>Cubanas merchants from old Cuba selling food stuffs and tobacco and shit to the settlements.
>>
File: image17.jpg (170KB, 1100x500px) Image search: [Google]
image17.jpg
170KB, 1100x500px
>>51502116
>space program

Some raider clan got the giant tank thing that moves the space shuttles working and now use it as a mobile fortress
>>
Include the children of atom
>>
>>51502257
>cult of atom

For a group of people whose religion involves the worship of nuclear ordinance and almost certainly has cancer as a prerequisite, they certainly get around
>>
>>51502257
Honestly one of the few interesting things from FO3, but not something that I want everywhere. If they manage to get as far south as Florida, I'm calling bullshit.
>>
File: Fort-Jefferson_Dry-Tortugas.jpg (1MB, 1200x796px) Image search: [Google]
Fort-Jefferson_Dry-Tortugas.jpg
1MB, 1200x796px
How about a quest in one of the many abandoned forts?
>>
>>51501279
The supermutant radio host was pretty fun.
>>
>>
>>51496812
I love the idea of a crazed person holed up in a multiple layered bunker with maybe a couple of other people who share the radio duties with him. They could even talk about superstitions and rumors about things that go bump in the night to keep the players afraid. A good rational character would always look at the rumors of ten foot gatormen in the swamps as being bunk except for maybe an unnatural sighting of a specially large radgator, but there's plenty of things to keep people afraid of the wasteland.

Making the radio station a very exclusive settlement sounds like a cool idea though. Maybe they're dedicated for searching for information about the old world and have an Old World weekly broadcast where they share their findings.

Are the Brotherhood a big influence in Florida?
>>
The only Brotherhood activity on the east coast is in Washington DC. And Boston of you count F4, The Brotherhood in the west is a dying faction with the rise of the NCR so I doubt they would make another expedition to the east coast.
>>
>>51502854
Could have like literally 3 of them. Or maybe the remnants of those who encountered those 3 XX years ago.

Maybe they were down there for a reason (you know continue the Cape Canaveral line of thought), maybe they got lost, or taken there.

Either way have boats. Like actual functioning boats. There's a lot of ocean down there. Throw in a leaky but functional submarine for added "how the fuck do we deal with this" plot hooks.
>>
>>51502854
Could have Outcasts from 3 try to make an expedition South - for more tech, for a safe haven until they can reconnect with the West Coast, or to try and work around The Pitt and the original route they came east from.

Could also shoe in the Enclave making a haven there, or a pre-war faction miraculously surviving, if not quite how it originally was when the bombs fell.
>>
File: The_Gathering.jpg (864KB, 2467x1749px) Image search: [Google]
The_Gathering.jpg
864KB, 2467x1749px
>>51503392
Or use the Tactics Brotherhood.
>>
>>51502904
>massive cargo ship carrying various commercial goods gets grounded during initial exchange
> eventually found and turned into a settlement with literally decades worth of goods ranging from non perishable foods to clothing and shoes.
>cargo containers can be turned into makeshift homes or scrapped for any use
>ship itself is massive enough to be a fortress.
> area becomes a hot spot for traders due to the excessive amount of "like new" goods" avaliable.
>>
>>51503481
i seem to remember several ships getting stranded somewhere in the middle east due to war and they basically formed a makeshift nation, one ship cooked, one treated any injuries and sickness and i think there was also a soccer match.
>>
>>51503440
I thought people didn't like Fallout tactics.
>>
>>51502741
There will be a group of brotherhood who were sent to investigate strange new monsters emerging out of central Florida that are making entire settlements disappear. But they were nearly wiped out and the survivors are a little overzealous as a result.
>>
>>51503813
People liked fallout tactics, it was fallout: brotherhood of steel that everyone hated
>>
File: fallout-3-rivet-city-concept-art.jpg (446KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fallout-3-rivet-city-concept-art.jpg
446KB, 1920x1080px
>>51503481
Rivet City was the coolest city in Fallout 3 - it'd be great to see a similar idea fleshed out with more detail.

I wonder how the city would react to their supply of 'like new goods' that they depend on so much for trade beginning to dry up. Maybe there could be a few quest where players either get involved in diplomatic backstabbery to try and keep things running as they were or support changing the status quo, or more directly figuring out what the hell the cargo cult could do instead.
>>
>>51502904
I was planning on having a fair amount of sea travel. I even have an entire quest line centered around Ghoul Pirates
>>
>>51502741
I did have a quest Idea for a giant albino radigator being hunted by a group of mercenaries whose leader lost a limb to it a few years back
>>
>>51502632
Gonna have a lot of those. I plan on having the players holed up in a Fort fighting off pirates by sea, or joining the pirates and attacking the fort if they choose.
>>
>>51503850
Well the campaign is going to open with the players arriving on a cruise ship turned floating city that travels around the US coast dropping of people, cargo, and fish.
>>
>>51503481
I really like that. I'm defiled going to include it.
>>
>>51498621
That would make for a good side quest.
>>
>>51497494
That is gold . I was thinking about having a faction centered around the Kennedy space center, so abducted guy could be their leader.
>>
>>51503959
Though I was going to sink during the first quest and have the players wash ahore.
>>
I find it highly unlikely that the Outcasts still survive as their own faction after F3 with the rise of the regular BoS confirmed by F4. Their no wastelander policy will cause them to die out.
Still a cool idea though.
>>
>>51502180
"mobile" isn't saying much. The crawler moves at a maximum of 2 miles per hour and burns 250 gallons of gas doing just that hour. I don't think they'd be able to get it working, either, since it's the largest self-powered land vehicle of all time. Cool base, though.
>>
File: FoT_Newton_map.jpg (2MB, 3108x1557px) Image search: [Google]
FoT_Newton_map.jpg
2MB, 3108x1557px
>>51503481
>cargo containers can be turned into makeshift homes or scrapped for any use
Fallout Tactics had a level where that happened. Here's the relevant portion of the map cut out for reference.
>>
>>51504102
>this is a setting where a faction of militant recluses managed to reassemble and make functional a giant battle robot.
>a battle robot which years ago had been destroyed via space satallite controlled be even more militant recluses.

Let's not start saying what is and is not possible lol.

Also it's fallout. Thing probably is nuclear powered just like everything else
>>
File: spaceship-earth-sunny-day-1-9.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
spaceship-earth-sunny-day-1-9.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>51496812

Final battle on top of Epcot giant golf-ball. It has that fallout retro-futurism feel to it
>>
File: 89207.jpg (729KB, 2000x1556px) Image search: [Google]
89207.jpg
729KB, 2000x1556px
Side quest idea, I mentioned it in another thread.
Party run into a nuka-cola junkie, possibly a blue glowing-one hoped up on too much quantum, in one of the settlements.
He's got a terrible thirst for nuka, and anti-addition treatments can't help him.
He knows the local nuka-cola factory was researching something called Nuka-Cola Cool Down, supposedly able to subdue and wean addicts off the fizzy drink.
He's sent several other would be adventurers over the years, but the combination of an excess amount of security and construction bots has either sent them packing or ended their careers.
Offers to brew the party any kind of nuka they want, plus a handful of caps if they can bring the recipe back.
The ghoul plans to open a rehab clinic if successful.
Local businessman tells the party he'll pay them a huge amount to bring the recipe to him instead. He'll charge the public exorbitant amounts for the stuff, but offer the party a considerable discount.
>>
>>51504229
It also needs 2/3rd of a battleship's turret on it.
Why 2/3rd's? Fuck I don't know the middle barrel is all fucked up. Thing's loaded by hands, maybe super mutant hands, not quite a replacement for autoloaders but they do the trick.

Keeps settlements from getting too uppity, though it hasn't had to fire a shot in a long time, and some people are getting ideas. Dangerous ideas that involve the players.
>>
I was thinking of a Fallout China setting.

What kind of tech would the Chinese have besides stealth suits? Were plasma weapons common for them?

Would a Hank Hill NPC that specializes in X and X accessories break the setting?
>>
>>51496812
Have a ghoul host of Z88.3, the eternal station.
>>
>>51502104
There's an autist in that town in the baseball stadium. You can do a quest to cure his autism but it kind of turns him into a shithead.
>>
>>51496812
Shit anon, I'm loving your idea and tempted to steal it.

Mind sharing some more stuff about it?
>>
>>51507179
Why would you have Hank Hill in China? Just have the pork bun guy from Sleeping Dogs.

China also had that funky looking tank.
>>
>>51508458
Cause I fucking love Koth. I'm sure a Chinese version of Hank isn't entirely impossible.
>>
>>51497639
Not gonna lie a commie hating ghoul from pre-war times still spewing conspiracies and fighting communist tyranny, in a world where none exists would be breddy gud.
>>
>>51504276
Fuck that: make Walt Disney (or not-Walt Disney)'s 'City of Tomorrow' a thing that actually happened. Fits in with the rest of Fallout.
>>
>>51505095
... what if this ghoul was just straight up John-Caleb Braderburton, inventor of Nuka Cola. He didn't make CoolDown, though, and has no idea how to. The shakes keep him from doing much in his chemistry kit, anyhow.
>>
>>51510079
Hate to disappoint ya, but Bethesda already pulled that number in Fallout 4, of sorts.

Just replace "Ghoul" with "Living Head put into a Jar and kept alive"
>>
>>51510277
How is it that Bethesda can manage to make something really interesting rather boring?
>>
>>51510549
>How is it that Bethesda can manage to make something really interesting rather boring?
because they suck.
>>
>>51510277
guess i'm watching a playthrough of nuka-world.
>>
>>51509948
Walt Disney had better be a self inflicted ghoul, or an imprinted personality on a super computer, with glitched out animatronics at his service.
>>
Orlando should be call O-Land and be nothing but the ruined remains of a half-dozen amusement parks, each ruled by its own gang/mini-civilization based on the park's theme/mascots who are constantly at war.

Miami should be the center of Wasteland civilzation, if only for the metagame concern that its right on the Glades so its a great launching point for expeditions into that horror.

Brotherhood of Steel looking for the Kennedy Center because of a divine vision of Space Travel. Since Space Travel is the Holy Grail of technology, lets make the whole thing a Holy Grail reference! Three knights, representing Galahad, Percival and Bors, traveling alone to distant lands. They're chasing rumors of a man whom locals call The Fisher, who they say can guide those who are worthy to the lost Star Ships.

Also pirates. Lots of Pirates, out on the keys, you can fight them or join them or both.

Throw in the existential threat of Cuban Communists coming to take Florida for their own.
>>
>>51511970
When I was running Fallout:Florida, I had the US take Cuba, and use the Fallout version of Guantanomo as a West-Tek facility to tinker with FEV, resulting in both East and West coast mutants. All of whom speak with a vaguely Cuban accent.

Super Mutant Behemoths can get even larger if they're in a buoyant enviroment with a plentiful source of food. had then discover a whale covered in sores and boils, with several large bites taken out of it.
>>
>>51504102
Just shove a few fusion reactors in there and it'll be all good.

Because with many things in fallout, "lol fusion reactors" is a valid explanation. Because PreWar tech, that's why.
>>
>>51507179
In Mothership Zeta China can be seen glowing from space two hundred years after the exchange. There's just nothing there but radioactive rocks.
>>
>>51507179
>"Ah specialize in Powa Arma and Powa Arma Accessories"
>>
As someone who lives in Florida, make sure you have at least one NPC who treats the long lost sport of college football as a religion and worships the team (Gators or the Seminoles) and has tons of team memorabilia. Conversely, this can be a cult of people that live in their respective team's stadium.

You could also have have both groups and make them fight each other, which is honestly how it works here IRL.
>>
>>51502007
Christ that pic is horrifying.
>>
>>51511852
The last part of that could be a lot cooler if FNaF hadn't happened.
>>
>>51511283
Try watching the MaTN version. Funny and he explores pretty much all of it.
>>
>>51514125
>implying the Chinese haven't already rebuilt their entire society and made a gigantic glowing dome to shield themselves from potential invaders like the dirty wall-building chinks they are
>>
Any ideas for the best location for a Fallout game, TEXAS?
>>
What system did you end up going with OP?

Or anyone who is doing a fallout game.
>>
>>51515904
You're mistaken my friend. The MidWaste is the best.
>>
>>51514699
>Gator tribal tweakers living in the swamp
>hate the not!Seminole techno-injuns
>once a year, they gather at an ancient arena and fight

This shit writes itself.
>>
>>51514699
how close geographically are their stadiums?

might seem a bit too close to Diamond City and Moe's Swatters though.

There should be a guy that has read all of those "Florida Man" news stories and thinks he's some kind of supervillain/hero.

Cape Canaveral could have a project pluto style rocket, with the options to send it to a few different cities across the world. Can also send it into space to fuck up some Zetans, possibly with some cultists/ghouls/supermutants aboard the rocket
>>
>>51515904
Trump's wall
>>
>Fallout: Florida
>no mentions of a nuclear hurricane ITT

As a Floridian, I am disappointed.
>>
>>51515904
Texas, Louisiana area.
>>
I you don't have the Alamo, you dun fuckin' goofed.
>>
>>51516015
What, to keep the Mexican feral ghouls out?
>>
>>51516002
The distance between Gainesville and Tallahassee is about 160 miles via I-75 and I-10.

However, every podunk town and outpost between the two cities is going to be a devout fan of one of these teams.
>>
>>51516438
seems like a pretty big distance for a civilization without horses or cars, but I have no idea what the scale OP is planning. If both cities are on the water, they could have fleets of small sail boats they raid each other with.

The PC's could either join one faction's navy, destroy the victor's wounded and damaged ships, or start a new team by enslaving/drafting all the best players from both teams
>>
>>51501934
>I haven't played 4 so I can't comment on it.
Well, it wasn't the guy I came up with years ago when I ran a game in the Commonwealth, so I auto-hated it.
>>
>>51516595
The radio host in 4 is such a bitch. He becomes a good host after his questline but it's just annoying to even have to go through that shit for a decent radio host.
>>
>>51502180
Would make more sense being operated by BoS or Enclave since they'd have the resources to maintain that thing
>>
>>51516689
wait, he has a quest?

Shit man, i'm 100 hours into this game and have never talked with him
>>
>>51511852
Nah, you GOTTA do the cryo rumor justice.
>>
>>51516743
You don't get it from him. Go into the bar in Diamond City and the rusky there should give you the quest. Basically you teach him to man up and fight for himself and he realizes that being a pussy all the time is pointless.
>>
>>51515904
Alaska might be fun for a military heavy game, same with Hawaii. Huge Enclave presence there with Pearl Harbor as their main hub. Underwater Vaults could quite possibly be a thing. Huge naval influence with raider/Enclave fleets battling it out, maybe have a volcano worshiping group that sacrifices people to stop it from erupting, etc.

I just want a FO game where I can team up with the Enclave.
>>
>>51514125
that's not China tho
>>
>>51516995
What are some neat faction ideas for FO: China?

There would still be some American troops from the takeover of Nanjing and Beijing wouldn't there? And I doubt the US would eagerly bomb their own troops.
>>
>>51517088
eh, the US government wasn't very concerned with human rights and tended to see people as units. If there was a tactical advantage to nuking their own troops, they'd take it.

Most companies were kinda evil now that I think about it. Nuka Cola is addictive and tried to steal Vim's soda recipe. Hallucigen straight up killed hobos and interns. Vaultec goes without saying
>>
>>51496812
Bubba Ray the Swamp King, A Ghoul Billy who runs an operation out of an old paddleboat casino lodged in the Gatormurk swamps
>>
>>51517088
Nanjing and Shanghai* sorry.
>>
>>51517130
RobCo used prison inmates' brains to act as the CPU for their brain-bots. General Atomics gave their Mister Handy models goddamned buzzsaws and flamethrowers on the civilian models.
>>
>>51517232
Big Mountain experimenting on the American population.
>>
>>51517320
they as fucked up as Unit 731?
>>
>>51517373
I don't know if we have the figures on how many people Fallout's government and corporations have murdered, but I'd say it's probably pretty bad. When a private corporation can kill interns and part time workers without anyone noticing or caring, it's indicative that the culture did not care about individuals
>>
>>51517130
Hm, so probably not too high a chance of American remnant forces?
>>
>>51516712
>>51502180
>>51504102

It already showed up in Fallout 3, In broken Steel. The Enclave was using it as a mobile base.
>>
>>51504229
Man, Liberty Prime was the best thing about vanilla Fallout 3. I will never forget that beautiful, giant, commie hating Robot.
I haven't played Fallout 4, so I can't comment on it.
>>
>>51503392
Better yet, have the DC Outcasts unite with the fleeing Enclave.

Their similarities are remarkable, and their differences trivial. And, they are united in their hatred of the increasingly expansionist and non-isolationist neo-BoS.
>>
File: 44269851_480mw.jpg (189KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
44269851_480mw.jpg
189KB, 480x600px
>>51515108
Some jap did a bunch of them. Kinda like them really.

>>51518247
Was it? I don't think I ever even noticed.
>>
>>51508458
>>51508603
If I recall right, Hank actually had a Chinese brother or something in the series.
>>
File: 1436912533165.png (445KB, 599x365px) Image search: [Google]
1436912533165.png
445KB, 599x365px
>>51518191
I'll take "what is the enclave?" For $200 Alex.
>>
>>51517975
Take into consideration the population will also be much, much bigger.

Pre-War Fallout Earth, with all it's problems, is still extremely advanced.
>>
File: BOSTexasExpedition.png (152KB, 1290x1348px) Image search: [Google]
BOSTexasExpedition.png
152KB, 1290x1348px
>>51515904
We don't talk about Fallout Texas.
>>
>>51518668
Japanese actually, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cotton got a Chinese woman pregnant too.
>>
File: 1409570521684.gif (941KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
1409570521684.gif
941KB, 627x502px
>>51516995
Then what is it? I never played mothership zeta when I had fo3 on Xbox and I've pretty much broken my pc copy with all the mods
>>
>>51516754
Fucking this. Omg I am so using this.
>>
>>51518816
IIRC, isn't it Canada?

Fucking maple leafs had it coming, I say.
>>
>>51518851
>200 years after the war the maple fields still burn. Their sweet smell once pleasant, now a warning that only death awaits.
>>
File: 1479513907051.jpg (9KB, 189x292px) Image search: [Google]
1479513907051.jpg
9KB, 189x292px
>>51519056
>>
>>51519056
And just like that, I know what to make my next ghoul character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rSBmOgpcDE
>>
File: 1449618036174.jpg (95KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1449618036174.jpg
95KB, 900x506px
>>51515991
>Midwaste

I'm stealing that. I was just going to call my version The Great Dust Expanse. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.
>>
File: 1472270648588.jpg (2MB, 862x1206px) Image search: [Google]
1472270648588.jpg
2MB, 862x1206px
>>51519756
I made the majority of the highway system in the Midwest remain intact prompting a bigger interest in getting vehicles of any kind operating. Cars range from fusion powered machines to ethonal powered monstrosities. Cars are still fairly rare but it gives me more opportunities for mad max shenanigans
>>
>>51519756
I had the 5 Kings of the MidWaste. They controlled the middle range land area in Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, and Oklahoma. The Kansas City King ran his rule from Arrowhead Stadium.

>>51519797
I like this idea a bunch!
>>
File: Homepage_05.jpg (158KB, 1700x575px) Image search: [Google]
Homepage_05.jpg
158KB, 1700x575px
>>51520323
Do like I did and have the Iowa 80 truckstop be massive trade hub.

The truck stop is the single largest of its kind in the nation and all those tractor trailers and the tons of cargo they contained make for tons of supplies not to mention the trailers and tractors could be turned into very formidable walls.

Seriously research the place it's massive and as a trucker fag I can attest it's pretty cool
>>
>>51515973
I'm using HERO system.

Specifically a heavily modified version that's been so long in the making to get to feel right that I don't even want to switch to a superior system because I don't want to invalidate 4+ or work

Still it works pretty damn well. Vehicles are still a bitch but it's a work in progress
>>
>>51520848
*4+ years of work
>>
>>51515904
European Fallout could be fun
>>
>>51503440
N E O
F E U D A L I S M
>>
File: Apocalypse Viking.jpg (107KB, 651x913px) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse Viking.jpg
107KB, 651x913px
>>51522043
>European Fallout could be fun

>Mad Max Vikings

Yes.'
Yes!
YEEEEEES!
>>
>>51522043
It would be a very different setting though. Didn't the US government in Fallout completely ignore Europe with regards to giving it weaponry and it's nuclear tech?
>>
Is it bad that I kinda want the apex predator of Key West to be giant mutated roosters?
>>
There should be anaconda enemies. Maybe a barbarous, mutated mix between anacondas and crocodiles - they lurk in the muddy rivers and swamps until someone crosses close, and then they reach out with their long necks and try to drag them into the water to drown them and swallow them whole.
>>
>>51526340
Not any more autistic than the average Florida citizen.
>>
>>51525468
The U.S. literally walked out of the U.N. just before the war. Pretty much telling every other nation to go fuck itself. In the weeks leading up to the actual conflict pretty much everyone was at each others throats.

>mfw the middle east, it's oil depleted was completely abandoned by other countries
>the powers there immediately set upon each other and all but wiped each other out in a war no one paid attention to.

Part of me looks forward to the day this happens irl
>>
>>51518849
>EPCOT is the base of one of the major factions, the Imagineers.

>Utopian Civilization-Builders, like if the BoS weren't douchebags.

>Leader is a defrosted Walt Disney, who put himself on ice Fallout 4-style until the apocalypse he believed would come, when his genius would be needed again.

>Uses repurposed theme-park tech to help humanity (like janitorbots cleaning up troublesome rad-spots)

>Hires people to raid the Magic Kingdom (where the robotic systems have gone rogue) and the Animal Kingdom (where radiation has created a bunch of mutant animal monsters) for old Disney-tech.

>Famous Disney World Underground Tunnels are ghoul-infested, must occasionally be purged.

Basically, Mr. House + FO3 BoS.
>>
>>51518767
I meant in China.
>>
>>51529099
>Seems utopian as fuck on surface
>Disney has very simple rules
Don't steal, murder etc...
>the punishments for violation of the rules is staggeringly unbalanced for the crime.
> they range from slave labor to outright killing.

Moral of the story don't fuck with Disney and his magical realm
>>
>>51529704
I doubt there would be any left in china. If there was I'd imagine theyd be almost fugitive in status as angry survivors blamed the Americans for the war. Even all this time later a animosity that could easily still be alive.
>>
>>51529738
>Welcome to EPCOT! The Safest Place on Earth!

>No killing, stealing, fraud, littering, or loud music. All crimes punishable by mandatory assignment to Tunnel Cleaning Duty.
>>
>>51529795
"Tunnel cleaning. Doesn't sound too bad" >final words of "sticky fingers steve"
>>
>>51529776
The Vietnamese seemed rather forgiving of the Mericans irl though.
>>
>>51529898
You're right but the world ending in nuclear fire tends to put some things in perspective for some people.

I think it would largely depend on just what survived the apocalypse there. In America the government was all but destroyed. People by the year 2200 didn't even know what communism was anymore in America.

But that could be radically different in a different part of the world or even the nation itself. It all depends on who/what survives the war or what the survivors decide to interpret previous events as.
>>
>>51508871
>Is utterly convinced that he's actually just 45, America wasn't destroyed, and he's not a ghoul.
>Everything around him, his memories of 200 years, and his own ghoulified body, are actually all just hallucinations, caused by some dirty commie drugs, coupled with mass hypnosis, and he's building a giant cult, that all believe this, and are gearing up to take down the Enclave (or what's left of it, depending on the time it's set), being certain, that either the Enclave is actually the shadowpuppeteer commies, pretending to be the good old US of A government, or sheep, who can't see the through the commie lies, and need to be overthrown, in order for a true visionary to take the reins of the American military, launch an all out war against Moscow and Hong Kong (Because surely that is the capital of China, they just pretend it isn't to throw people off their trail), and take down the hypno dome hidden away in Atlantis, convincing America that it is a post apocalyptic wasteland
>>
File: 1411571512081.jpg (38KB, 319x378px) Image search: [Google]
1411571512081.jpg
38KB, 319x378px
>>51530430
Goddamn that is some weapons grade crazy
>>
>>51496812
SJW Raiders rambling about the patriarchy while just doing normal Raider stuff but being really smug about it.

just take they're already bad hair and dye is a bright color
>>
File: 1449613136456.jpg (227KB, 498x748px) Image search: [Google]
1449613136456.jpg
227KB, 498x748px
Why can't I stop liking Fallout, even when Bethesda's more or less made it clear that I won't enjoy many future additions to the setting?
>>
>>51531462
Because the setting as a whole is still comfy as fuck.
>>
File: 1478808106817.jpg (56KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1478808106817.jpg
56KB, 533x800px
>>51531483
This

>post apocalyptic l
>radiation mutants
>zombies that aren't zombies
>draw imagery and cultural influences from quite possibly the most comfy time in American history
>add a dash of grim humor

Throw all of this into a blender and you have good setting.
>>
>>51530743
I think they did this skit back in fallout 2 in a special encounter
>>
File: enchanted rock.jpg (337KB, 800x320px) Image search: [Google]
enchanted rock.jpg
337KB, 800x320px
>>51515904
Both the Caprock and the Hill Country don't get enough justice.

Just image, Lost Maples still untouched after all the years after the bombs fell, rabidly protected by a tribe woodsmen descended from the Wardens, Rangers, and TPWD workers that were there when the bombs drop.

And ever so often, when they must replace a chieftan, the prospective chieftan must make a long journey on foot to the Enchanted Rock to meditate atop there amidst the mutated vernal pools and that one dead tree up there that was rebloomed due to the radiation.
>>
>>51529099
Nuka world and new vegas did a lot of this already..
>>
File: glyptodon.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
glyptodon.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
>>51515904
>Radiation turning Armadillos into throwbacks similar to the glyptodon
>People who can manage to hunt one and work its shell can make or repair primitive powerarmor with it.
>>
>>51531945
I acknowledged this when I name-dropped Mr. House. Doesn't mean that a different take on the same concept isn't possible.
>>
File: 1419483306533.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1419483306533.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
I saw this in my folder and am swinging back to post it.
>>
>>51503959
>Maintaining a huge costly cruise ship in a time of wasteland apocalypse. For fish.
Okay.
>>
>>51504062
>I find it highly unlikely that the Taliban still survive as their own faction after Gulf War 2 with the rise of the....
>>
>>51496812
i've done this song and dance before and i used a salty old sea dog broadcasting from the radio room of a wrecked ship
>>
>>51532518
But muh 1950s "everything was built to last" culture.

Seriously there's dumber ideas out there.
>>
>>51496812
If you're looking for fluff specifically for Florida, there's the McCoy AFB attached to OIA. It used to be the home of an Air Force bombardment unit and the 76th Fighter Interceptor Squadron which is one of the descendant units of the "Flying Tigers". It was also a front line SAC base during the Cold War.

And then there's Kennedy Space Center of course. And Cocoa Beach, Fort Lauderdale etc.
>>
>>51533615
There's a anon on DA who made a handful of maps of the US that details territories of the various factions throughout the fallout time lines.

It's pretty good and he had a fun idea for Florida where it was being slowly overrun by rampant plant growth from a malfunctioning GECK. I'm on mobile or I'd provide pics
>>
>>51533651
That actually sounds pretty cool. And within that you could have a faction of "conquistadores" who have taken over the Spanish forts at St Augustine, remnants of the old government at McCoy AFB/Orlando Airport, another faction at KSC centered around aliens and space, a faction at MacDill AFB, Miami etc.
>>
File: 1453696038449.jpg (319KB, 706x736px) Image search: [Google]
1453696038449.jpg
319KB, 706x736px
Do you think that Native American tribes could survive - even if in terms of culture - through a post-apoc world? I know there are tribals all over the Wasteland, but many of those seemed to have formed their traditions after the bombs fell, not before it. I'm not sure how much, or if anything, would survive.
>>
>>51530103
I was thinking of Chinese remnants holding out in the Underground City of Beijing. The Chinese also built underground cities in Nanjing and Shanghai that were connected to Beijing, but sabotaged the food synthesizers before fleeing the cities. The Americans took refuge in these underground cities during the nuclear bombs, where they continued their war even after the apocalypse. With the Chinese leader growing more tyrannical due to the growing needs of the civilians and the Americans beginning to run low on food and water, part of the Chinese military led a coup and usurped the leader, offering to help repair the food synthesizers in return for their help in overthrowing the leader. They have an unsteady truce for much of the 200 years, that eventually turns into an alliance when they venture above ground.

Think this is too hopeful and bright for Fallout?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482919944970.jpg (106KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482919944970.jpg
106KB, 1080x1080px
>>51533914
I would say most definitely.

If the native American tribes could keep even a semblance of their culture intact today after everything that's happened I'm pretty sure they can keep it together after the bombs.

The ideas these cultures had worked absurdly well during their time and judging from how well the tribals do in the fallout games I'm sure pockets of traditional Indians could do just fine.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1474789559550.jpg (111KB, 656x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1474789559550.jpg
111KB, 656x960px
>>51533945
>think this is too hopeful?

I'd say it's s bit too tidy. Maybe the truce was on and off again throughout the years and when they finally ventured to the surface it was a clear cut understanding that "we do this and we're quits" type arrangement where now they have more of a ceasefire than any kind of alliance.

You could really bring in that feeling of everyone being ready to betray their neighbor by rumors of the other side always having spies.
>>
>>51533914
>Do you think that Native American tribes could survive - even if in terms of culture - through a post-apoc world?

I really don't think they would.

Imagine how fucked up the tribes are now and how fucked up the rez is now and multiply that by 100 for the Fallout universe under the US government.

I imagine the campaign to further assimilate those on the rez would happen after their timeline experiences the rise of the AIM movement and the continuation of the Cold War beyond 1990.

That's not even considering the natural degradation of tribal culture on the rez as time goes forward.

So maybe to some extent, but very limited. And it would mostly be mixed ethnicity adopting some current NA beliefs into their own tribal beliefs as time went on. So even then they would be unrecognizable as Cherokee, Mohawk, Apache, Navajo etc.
>>
>>51534033
I always kind of wanted a, "Don't Tread on Me" flag in Chinese with a mutated Chinese alligator replacing the snake.

Any ideas how a possible alliance could work out while still being gritty enough for the Fallout universe? I felt like I should include an American-y faction for people who want power armour.

Plus I had another idea where the Kuomintang reformed in Taiwan and began invading the mainland with a new stealth suit design and advanced technology from the research facilities on the island, which normally would have overrun the surviving mainland forces but the power armoured soldiers evened the odds.
>>
>>51533914
Isn't there a whole New Vegas DLC centered around tribes of natives?
>>
>>51496812
I always had an Idea for a fallout Radio host where he was an astronaut in space when the bombs fell, and saw the world blown apart, then was ghoulified when he couldn't get home(from radiation from high atmospheric nuke detonation or from background space radiation), so now he spends his life in space watching people through a powerful telescope and playing music from his broadcasting satellite.

Also could be a mission to follow what he says to get him to be your "eye in the sky" but he only tells you over radio so it is possible for enemies to hear, also maybe give him a laser from space to help you, if only with a certain limited uses and/or quest to make it work
>>
>>51534245
Wellll not native tribes as they exist right now in North America. They are just like the tribals in Fallout in general: some nature based religious belief mixed with rituals that may have served a survival purpose at some point or even currently.
>>
What's the fallout pen and paper again?
>>
>>51500648
This could actually be combined with this >>51498621 pretty easily I think. The host could be a glowing one that some faction has captured and forced to host the radio in exchange for food and water, but if he tries to leave they'll kill him. So he works for a major antagonist group but still can be busted out of the radio station.

You could even have him drop little hints over the course of the game about where he is and what his situation is. They would need to be somewhat cryptic because he doesn't want to get caught, but after a while the players should be able to figure it out if the references are frequent enough.
>>
>>51518619
It was in Broken Steel, but yeah, the Enclave were using it and you have to go "infiltrate" it.
>>
>>51502180
>giant necular powered platform
>powered by slowly starving feral ghouls
>raiders ironically remove a major threat
>under regular attack by children of atom who view the fusion-powered platform as holy, and the inventive fuel to be sacrilege
>>
>>51532518
Assuming it's nuclear powered like everything else it isn't that bad of an idea. The main source of income for it would probably be moving people around, because there just aren't many ways to get very far from a place very fast.

It would also be able to trade a variety of goods that people wouldn't normally be able to get because it could cover such a huge distance.

People would be constantly trying to take it for themselves, though, so it would need a fuckload of security and they would be stripping people of weapons when they get on the boat.
>>
>>51502296
>For a group of people whose religion involves the worship of nuclear ordinance and almost certainly has cancer as a prerequisite, they certainly get around

For the most part, the "true believers" have a genetic mutation that makes them immune to radiation, similar to what the FEV did for the super mutants. Those without the mutation are consumed by the radiation, and thus are heretics in the eyes of the followers of Atom.
>>
File: Trudeu-Castro connection.jpg (754KB, 1413x5104px) Image search: [Google]
Trudeu-Castro connection.jpg
754KB, 1413x5104px
>>51527128
Well with there being a resolution to pull the US out of the UN actually existing in the Senate (It hasn't gotten anywhere just yet but it might) and Justin Trudeau supposedly being Fidel Castros son, and his increasingly wary approach to Canada-America relations we might actually be approaching a Fallout timeline

And before someone asks here's the bit about Trudeau-Castro bit
>>
>>51507179
I'm imagining that, because of their fucking huge population and the government's ability to organize everything top-down, they probably would have a lot of weapons testing going on involving their own citizens. Probably even more than the US because they have entire cities that can be considered expendable.

So probably a lot of chemical/biological stuff, dead cities, cities of mutants that are more or less quarantined (nukes and post-war events might have broken down walls or shut down security systems).

On a similar note, maybe an entire city that they flooded with radiation to see what would happen after the war and the government could take the appropriate precautions. So you'd have a city that's almost totally intact but still filled with radiation and ghouls of varying sanity.

In Operation Anchorage it was shown that they had hovercraft and reasonably good energy weapons, although they question the credibility of that in-game, so it could go either way.

To feed their massive population they would presumably have some radical developments in farming and other food production techniques. Some sort of soylent green thing wouldn't be out of place.

There would probably be a lot of experiments around destroying individuality in a soldier and making them fight harder: lots of chems with lots of side effects.

They probably would have stolen a lot of American tech as well, so it's possible that they would even have their own strain(s) of FEV.

Also you just need to have some kind of Kowloon Walled City thing.
>>
File: 1477608860489m.jpg (70KB, 1024x508px) Image search: [Google]
1477608860489m.jpg
70KB, 1024x508px
>>51535921
>approaching fallout timeline

And that's not even the weirdest thing going on right now...
>>
File: fallout-disney-princesses-4.jpg (117KB, 640x868px) Image search: [Google]
fallout-disney-princesses-4.jpg
117KB, 640x868px
>>51535995
I like a lot of this.

>chems and conditioning to make soldiers fight harder

America was hard core doing this too. Psycho and buffout were not uncommon additions to soldiers kits.

Now I'm wondering how much of the 1950s smoker culture where cigarettes were "refreshing" and some even said "healthy" stuck around.

I wouldn't put it past the setting to treat things even as dangerous as buffout as over the counter meds. Mentats certainly got that treatment.
>>
>>51536318
Do you even have to ask when fucking packs of ciggies are everywhere in FO3/FNV/FO4? Pretty sure I remember there being Lucky Strikes as a drug in F2 or maybe Tactics, but it's been a good long time.
>>
>>51534243
I wouldn't have any alliance be there. A ceasefire works better because it presents a variety of opportunities for pcs to get involved. Whether to help further the goals of one group over the other or maybe to unite the two groups.
>>
File: Wasteland_2_Artwork_06.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wasteland_2_Artwork_06.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
Bump
>>
>>51533914
Considering the '1950s but worse' timeline I would say there is probably a good chance they would've been long gone long before even the first bomb. Either from cultural social economical pressures or just out righted up rounded up and experimented on by the enclave.

But hey if you add a tribe I wouldn't question it.
>>
File: 1453740079962.jpg (386KB, 1600x627px) Image search: [Google]
1453740079962.jpg
386KB, 1600x627px
>>51533960
It would be cool as a sort of 'survivable culture despite everything thing.'

>>51534205
But this is a good point about the alternate timeline twisting things around. Who's to say the US would decide that they don't like these non-conforming groups, and would rather bring back the boarding schools and such? But some post-bomb tribals could also find remains of the thousands of museums and gift shops that would probably still be lauding Native Americans as part of a frontier past, so...

>>51538779
To be fair, the main reason I want to include them is because I feel like they're one of the most interesting things that Fallout Midwest could offer. Otherwise it'd mostly be brahmin ranchers, maybe the Enclave in North Dakota and Minnesota because of the large airbase and hospital respectively.

If I could avoid working with them, I would. And it's not because I hate Natives, it just feels like an uncomfortable subject to try and work into a game.
>>
>>51536784
Hm you're right.

I like you anon.
>>
>>51535995
I was also thinking of Chinese minotaurs made by mixing the water buffalo DNA with a human's to make strong soldiers that breed quickly and can feed off of grass and other inedible foods. An Eldar like race that was made by the Chinese elite trying to make themselves perfect but failing in some areas such as physical resilience.

Think those seem too far fetched? I'm not too well versed in FO lore.
>>
File: Chicago Skyline.gif (2MB, 714x389px) Image search: [Google]
Chicago Skyline.gif
2MB, 714x389px
>>51520323
>>51519797
>>51519756
Mine is called the Mid-Waste as well, I have a very heavy vehicle focus, with three Major factions,

Wheel Clans (I swear to god, I've been running this game on and off since 2009) who are Greaser themed Bike and Vehicle gangs which rove in huge numbers in the Easter part of the setting, centered on the ruins of Detroit and it's still functional car factories

Sioux Nation, sometimes raiders, sometimes farmers, sometimes homesteaders, sometimes nomads, the Nation is made up of Native groups throughout the Mid-Waste who were spared the worst of the Deluge which killed the world due to their geographic isolation, their population was soon swollen with refugees from the cities, and their marriage of the two societies turned out a very adaptable, open society. Unlike the wheel clans however, the Nation is prejudiced as hell against mutants.

Finally, the Prairie League, centered mostly in the Western half of the Mid-Waste, the League is a confederation of land-holders from the patchwork remains of the state governments who managed to keep themselves functional due to an influx of military personnel, VIPs and Politicos hoping to escape the worst of the Bombs. The League favors strong contract and personal property laws, trade and other forms of 'civilization' but they're unwilling to extend their largess to those outside of their immediate circle, and they're seen as exploitative by the other political entities in the Waste.

Beyond those, I have the Mid-Waste Intelligentsia (Pro-Mutie Crypto-group) the city-state of Gun-Ho! (A surviving munitions factory which became a major firearms supplier) Vault 60 (Cyborgs who try to evangelize and sell implants).
>>
>>51541612
That vault 60 bit makes me think a little of the reavers from fallout tactics.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1476952317893.jpg (36KB, 480x648px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476952317893.jpg
36KB, 480x648px
>>51541094
I like to think I have my moments.

My group ended up getting heavily involved in the Chem trade. They ended up getting the attention of the big boys as far west as new reno and rather than hide are heading their to bring the fight to them and take over THEIR drug trade.

I planned for none of this and have been rolling with it since they got a bus by sheer luck.
>>
File: 1471158112356.jpg (51KB, 540x535px) Image search: [Google]
1471158112356.jpg
51KB, 540x535px
>>51541612
Just curious, where does your Mid-Waste extend from and to?

My version so far would mostly focus on North and South Dakota, Minnesota, and a bit of Nebraska and Iowa.
>>
But florida and no on has mentioned retirees for shame anons, for shame. This part wouldnt change we have always sent them there

Fuck huge community of ghouls that was a gated retirement community before the war, no bomb damage to the community just rads. So a whole subdivision of people waiting to die is now immortal and more energetic than they were before the war. everybody loves ghoul town
>>
>>51541612

>city-state of Gun-Ho!

You're my favorite person right now.
>>
File: Don_9a98ee_864507.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Don_9a98ee_864507.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
>>
>>51541147
Anybody?
>>
>>51548673
Those are insane, crazy ideas.

You should go to big mountain. I'm sure those quacks would love to discuss those ideas further with you.

I'd say too far fetched. At least normally if you're really wanting to push the "WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE?!" angle it could be fun.

I do like the Chinese soldiers gone wrong idea though I'd make it be a bit more severe in some areas. Like their bodies don't ever fail but they get weaker and weaker over time physically or something.
>>
>>51548959
As insane as aliens though?
>>
>>51549411
Considering the aliens were originally just a joke I'd say yes.
>>
>>51549452
What if the radiation mutated them into their current minotaur like forms? That was how Deathclaws were made weren't they, FEV and radiation combined?
>>
>>51549411
Aliens were a mistake and they will never be mentioned in my presence again when it comes to Fallout lore if I can prevent it.

God fuck, I can't believe I even tried playing Mothership Zeta.
>>
>>51519614
The toughest ghoul in Letterkenny
>>
Wait how were Deathclaws made then if the idea of a bullman is too farfetched?
>>
>>51549481
Nope, Deathclaws are good old fashion bio-engineered killing machines prototyped by the U.S. military pre-war then tweaked by the Master with FEV afterwards.

Honestly, everything you just suggested is fucking bonkers and it'd fit in perfectly at Big Mountain, though it doesn't really mesh with the rest of fallout. But the idea of the Chinese getting increasingly desperate and performing deranged experiments on their own citizens as time went on and the war turned against them is solid.

Having something like the Chinese elite who willing turned themselves into ghouls as an attempt at immortality orchestrate things from the shadows like the Enclave might be cool though.
>>
>>51496812
>Goddamn fuckin crazy ass mosquitos. Florida already had ridiculous mosquitos so these should be waaay worse.
>PCB Becomes raider town because the old hotels all right next to each other make for easy housing. Basically just becomes modern day PCB desu.
>Orage trees get weirdly mutated. Oranges are now the size of basketballs, but still have the same size "fruit part". All the new mass is just fibrous rind.
>Some people have taken up residence in St. Augustine and have reinstated themselves as Spaniards a la Caesar's legion.
>Cape Canaveral has been taken over by a group of renegade scientists similar to the syndicate from FO4. They're trying to build a rocket to leave earth and failing miserably. PCs can aid them in their struggles or sabotage the rocket causing them to challenger back to earth over Orlando or some other huge settlement. Maybe at the request of a rival settlement leader/businessman.
>>
File: Vault 60 Scout.jpg (45KB, 680x884px) Image search: [Google]
Vault 60 Scout.jpg
45KB, 680x884px
>>51544896
Mine extends North to Winnipeg and as far down South as Springfield MO (which is where Gun-Ho! is) it goes as far West as Great Fall Montana, and as far East as Indianapolis.
>>51543724
You aren't that far off. The denizens of Vault 60 were subjected to a medical experiment which required that any and all large medical problems be dealt with through cybernetic invention whenever possible. There are severe psychological and social problems as a result of this program, and while they are personally powerful, they don't find a whole lot of takers on their offers of Transhumanism...except for Mutants.
>>51546038
Here, I can throw up a little bit of my write up on them:
>Built direct atop the nearly untouched ruins of a major Pre-War Ammunition Dump and Armory, Gun Ho! is the center of the firearms, energy weapons and explosives trade of the Mid-Waste; not only selling salvaged or weapons from their arsenal, but weapons and ammunition that they have manufactured themselves on-site. The Citizens (their term internally for themselves) of Gun Ho! are a xenophobic, hostile lot outside of their merchant ventures, refusing to trade directly at their (extremely heavily armed and armored) settlement, choosing instead to send out (similarly heavily armed and armored) shipments along the Mississippi by barge or through Brahmin caravan. Rich beyond any wastelander's dreams and secure from even the most determined Wheel Clan, the Citizens of Gun Ho! have an influence outstripping the size of their relativelty small settlement. Unfortunately their isolationist and unwelcoming natures has kept them from capitalizing on the advantages afforded them by their situation. Most non-trading Citizens (the vast majority of the population) are remarkably ignorant of the Mid-Waste, heavily-armed and with adequate survival skills, sole Citizens nonetheless are ill-prepared to deal with the social challenges and exploitative nature of the greater area, which only reinforces..
>>
File: Gun-Ho! Officer.jpg (124KB, 950x634px) Image search: [Google]
Gun-Ho! Officer.jpg
124KB, 950x634px
>>51550880
Continued,
>their communities' introverted mindset. Beyond the simple trade of guns however, the other form of wealth that has been cultivated by the Citizens is that of expertise, they are easily the foremost experts on the topics of small-unit tactics, drill and artillery warfare; squads of Citizens are occasionally hired out as mercernaries and bodyguards to trusted individuals or communities. Mutations on baseline Humans are seen as more or less tolerable as long as they aren't actively disruptive to life in the settlement, but large variations such as Super Mutants and Ghouls are actively discriminated against, with trading deals almost never being brokered in their cases; the MWI has stepped in to try and partially fill the niche left by the Citizen's refusal, but their diffuse nature makes truly cornering it difficult.
Gun Ho! Involves itself actively in wasteland politics only so much as is needed to protect its trading routes and the polity itself. Instead of direct military confrontation, which fights against the defensive, siege-like mindset of the Citizens, the general tactic against hostile or otherwise threatening forces is simple: Sell to their enemies at cut-rates until they're annihilated. Wheel Clans and most other Mid-Wastern denizens usually know better than to fuck with the arrangements that have been laid, but on the off-chance that one does, it's quite hard for them to survive without finding another source of firearms and the increasured pressure from their enemies quickly nuetralizes them. The only true rival to the Citizens in their monopoly of firearms are the former Vault-Dwellers of Vroom Town with their Nano-fabricators, the Great Sioux Nation's sheer size, the Prairie League's Industrial and Mercantile might and the wild-card of the MWI's Old-World knowledge.
>>
>>51550841
But why can't there be bio engineered killing machines from water buffalo?
>>
File: Gun-Ho!.jpg (998KB, 1600x931px) Image search: [Google]
Gun-Ho!.jpg
998KB, 1600x931px
>>51550909
Last on the people of Gun-Ho!
>The core of the original Citizens were the civilian workers, service members and their families that populated the town and operated the Armory; their technical skill and the general ubiquity of firearms around them created a society almost wholly dedicated to the preservation and manufacture of all types of firearms and energy weapons. The level of proficiency with ranged weapons of all sorts is unusually high amongst them as a result, with prestige and recognition awarded in the form of rare, exclusive or otherwise more valuable arms. Any Citizen worth their salt can service, build and repair their own weapons, with aficionados and professionals (by Gun-Ho! standards) capable of truly absurd feats of ballistic glory. Given their propensity for weapons, the Citizens place a priority in trading for any form of new or rare weapon or schematic, generally waving some of their usual paranoid by-laws in their attempts to acquire such things.
>>
>>51550880
>>51550909
>>51550937

Fantastic.

I fucking love this.
>>
>>51550785
I thought it might at least be fun, even if totally horrible lore - maybe I could turn my brain off and just enjoy it.

But by the time they had a short intro sequence where they took away my gear, just to give it back to me after a brief hallway fight...and then, you gotta try and communicate with all these historical dudes...

>>51550808
Something about tinkering with iguanas.
>>
>>51550910
We really know nothing about the state of China or it's military research and development other then they went for stealth technology instead of power armor and got fucked because of it. But the U.S. military designed Deathclaws, Molerats, and Aliens (Fallout 2's xenomorph ripoffs, not actual ayy lmaos) pre-war along with the FEV that gave us Super Mutants.

So if you really want to give water buffalo mutants a shot, go for it man it's your campaign. If you want to give them rudimentary intelligence, check out how Fallout 2 did intelligent deathclaws.
>>
>>51551056
They had xenomorph rip offs?

How did they get past the legal issues?
>>
File: fallout-2-wanamingo.jpg (124KB, 575x850px) Image search: [Google]
fallout-2-wanamingo.jpg
124KB, 575x850px
>>51551088
They called them Wanamingos and gave them tentacles for arms.
>>
File: Greetings from Detroit.jpg (132KB, 800x492px) Image search: [Google]
Greetings from Detroit.jpg
132KB, 800x492px
>>51551024
Thanks, I'll post some Wheel Clan stuff next:
>The scourge of the Mid-Wastes, the Wheel Clans have their origins in the raider groups which first arose from the ruins of Detroit and it's Metropolitan area. The high concentration of Automotive Workers, Gearheads and Greasers aspected the local raider culture heavily towards vehicles and gave them unprecedented mobility in comparison to typical marauders of their ilk. Over time their obsession with vehicles of all sorts developed their cars, motorcycles and more exotic forms of transportation into status symbols and primary means of enrichment, eventually culminating into the faith of the Growling Metal, a screaming, mechanical god of cylinders, pistons and gears who watches over the Clans and decides who is worthy to roll forever on the Endless Highway. The Clans are one of the three largest polities in the Mid-Waste, a tripod that they share with both the Sioux and the Prarie League, but calling the Clans united in the sense of those Nations would be doing the concept a disservice, the Clans fight, conquer and kill amongst themselves just as frequently as they do amongst outsiders, the only exception to the rule being the Holy City of Detroit, where differences are settled only through (still excessively deadly) ritual contexts.
The basic structure of the Clans is meritocratic; factors such as gender, lineage, liberty and mutations matter less than possession of a vehicle and fighting or technical skills. Clans generally refer to ranks within their society based upon a rough fascimile of fuedal Europe, with Slaves being known as Serfs, Free-folk are known as Peasants, raiders without vehicles of their own known as Squires, vehicle owning slavers and raiders known as Knights and leaders named after some noble title such as Duke, Count, Baron or Earl, the title of King being exclusive to the current holder of the Growling Metal Factory in the Holy City of Detroit.
>>
>>51551124
I see.

Does magic exist in Fallout? Since it was China I wanted more of a Kung fu movie theme rather than the 50s America, with stuff like qi and superhuman feats.
>>
File: Johnny's Duke's Ride.jpg (115KB, 962x641px) Image search: [Google]
Johnny's Duke's Ride.jpg
115KB, 962x641px
>>51551171
>Another peculiar aspect of Wheel Clan society is their propensity towards Old World music; the close proximity of several major record labels in their heartland may have something to do with it. Regardless, a capella groups, cover bands and especially recordings of Old World music are seen as status symbols and individual tracks sometimes eventually begin to act as as a sort of cognomen amongst successive inheritors of the title. Titles in the Clans are almost never heriditary in nature, the only way one becomes a Squire is by fighting, becoming a Knight requires that one owns a vehicle and can fight, the only way that one can become a Duke is through dominating other Knights. The Clan's ideal is to brook neither weakness nor cronyism, they want to respect only violence and vehicles. Despite their great range and population the Wheel Clans have never been able to achieve any long-term power due to their lack of unity; each Clan is a government unto itself, with raiding, slaving and opportunistic theft common between different Clans, the only thing linking them together being a shared reverence for vehicles and similar cultural values. Their mobility, along with their mechanical expertise forms the basis of the Wheel Clans' trade, in spite of their status as brutal bandits, no one is better at constructing, repairing and retrofitting vehicles as the Clans, and their products can fetch massive amounts of food and weapons. Beyond selling their beloved rides, the Clans are prolific slavers who are talented at carting off their unfortunate victims off to some far-flung locale after their capture, the distance allowing them to sell their stock far away from any chance of reprisal or attempts at rescue from the new serf's family or friends. Most of the day-to-day work in their societies is done by Serfs who are relatively well-fed, tend to be well treated by slaver standards,
>>
File: Susie.jpg (129KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
Susie.jpg
129KB, 500x708px
>>51551194
and have some chance of advancement into a better state if they show a flair with skills which the Clans value. Specialized tasks like medical work, construction or non-vehicle related industrial tasks fall to Peasants, who can amass a large amount of unofficial power thorugh their positions. The most wretched tasks are given to the newly-captured Serfs, the worst of those jobs being that of Road Crews, who are needed to repair the endlessly deteriorating highways upon which the clans' power is dependent. There can be said to be two basic divisions in the Clans' approach, they are either Sessile or Nomadic. The Sessile Clans are generally in choice areas; rivers, vehicle factories or dealerships, relatively untouched cities and abandoned Vaults, having rushed there in the early days after the Fall and using their superior mobility to harry any approaching enemies. Sessile clan vehicles are generally larger, better armed and armored and with a focus on defense or salvage over long-distance travel or speed. Nomads on the other hand emphasize smaller, quicker vehicles like Cars and Motocycles (with perhaps a larger Rig used as a mobile base) that are able to travel long distances very quickly. Nomads generally are either associated with a friendly Sessile Clan, or they have some hidden base where they keep their loot and slaves yet to be sold. The line between the two is quite fluid on the whole, with some communities essentially fielding Nomadic groups made of their youngsters, who eventually grow rich, old and become the mechanics and guards of the Sessile community that the Nomads range from.
>>
File: Wheel Clan Knight.jpg (138KB, 1360x880px) Image search: [Google]
Wheel Clan Knight.jpg
138KB, 1360x880px
>>51551218
Last post about the 'Clans:
> On the whole the Wheel Clans are headed towards what could be termed a civilization, in that the more violent elements of their society are on the decline, at least random, external violence. As the various societies of the Mid-Waste begin to coalesce into organized polities capable of defending themselves, the Clans find less purchase for their blitz-style raids and must engage in either protracted sieges of entire communities or comparably smaller sorts of banditry. In either case, the flow of slaves, vehicles and booty has slowed to a crawl, necessitating a more predatory stance amongst the various Clans against one another; the titles such as Duke, Earl and Baron have begun to take on more meaning as delegation of authority (and not the simple, violently autocratic sort that most Clans possess) becomes necessary. As the Clans alternatively conquer, annihilate and unite with one another, the surviving ones attempt to grow in size and power enough to become a menace to the larger settlements once more.
>>
>>51551124
Oddly enough I'm putting actual xenomorphs in my game. Specifically a hive deep in the bowls of area 51.

Grays were NOT what landed back in roswell
>>
File: Wendigo.jpg (318KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo.jpg
318KB, 1000x1000px
>>51551175
Magic? Sorta, there's a Ghost in 2, there's Psychics in 1, 2 and New Vegas, but out-and-out Magic isn't a thing that's been seen.
>>
>>51551308
Maybe the psychic powers are simply thought to be qi magic then, I think there was someone who did think it was magic.
>>
>>51551175
No straight up magic, unless you want to extrapolate from Fallout 4's nirnroot easter egg that the setting is actually a plane of oblivion or something.

Fallout has had individuals with psychic powers sprinkled throughout the series if you want to go that route. The original game actually called them Psykers and the Master was psychic as result of him being a gestalt genetic monstrosity. The aforementioned Psykers were all driven bugnut crazy from being injected with FEV in the brain meats though. You could spin it as individuals tapping into latent psychic abilities due radiation or mutation, and people just passing it off as qi at work.
>>
File: 1480329266002.jpg (91KB, 691x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480329266002.jpg
91KB, 691x960px
>>51551430
If you want some cool psychic ideas go do some research on STALKER. Plenty of cool mutants with abilities in that setting. Hell I'm using a few.
>>
File: 3c31599v.jpg (174KB, 1024x818px) Image search: [Google]
3c31599v.jpg
174KB, 1024x818px
>>51551430
I've said before, and i'll say it again, Fallout is an American setting, it riffs off a very specific cultural movement that was really only prevalent (at least in the way Fallout presents it) in the United States from '46 to '59, nobody else really had the strange combination of technical, atomic powered utopia, red scare terror and nihilistic mass media.
>>
>>51551484
Thats the problem I have with people asking for Fallout in not America

Its like asking for Stalker in not the zone, or Metro in not a subway system
>>
File: Dungeon Entrance.png (850KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon Entrance.png
850KB, 600x800px
>>51551550
Totally, it's hard to really articulate how much it frustrates me to hear stuff like, 'But what's going on in Europe? What happened to South America? Is any one living on Antarctica?' because it utterly misses the point, American 50's Exceptionalism wrapped in a Jingoistic, bitterly mocking package. If you divorce the setting from that it it nothing more than Mad Max + A Boy and His Dog.
>>
>>51551645
You're not wrong. Though I'd say don't let that stop someone from making stuff for other nations it's just that they need to realize it won't be the same. We never got a good look at the rest of the world in the fallout games, mainly because the rest of the world or even the other parts of the nation are irrelevant to what's presented.

What little snippets of the world we do see is likely neck deep in propaganda.
>>
File: 1481378380074.jpg (774KB, 1920x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1481378380074.jpg
774KB, 1920x1084px
As a born & raised Floridian I think something to explore is the concept of suburban mazes. All of populated Florida is a hellscape of suburban sprawl and that's before you apply any kind of atomic devastation to it. You're passing through endless square miles of just houses. Maybe you pass a strip mall once in a while with a barber shop, a 7-11 market and a dentist's office. They meander around the old golf courses so you have to make sure you're keeping your direction true.

Also, old NASA and aerospace testing sites. Down in the Everglades there's an abandoned rocket engine test facility.
http://www.flkeysnews.com/living/article79609017.html

I also thing that a colony built on top of the Crawler Transporter, painstakingly maintained and roaming the landscape would be fucking sweet.
>>
>>51503392
I'm pretty sure that in 4 the Outcasts had rejoined the Brotherhood. But I don't see why they couldn't have sent an expedition down to Florida or maybe the Midwest chapter did.
>>
>>51551751
This map from the Bible is the best we ever got. I still refuse to accept shit like Ten-Penny and Moriarty being legitimate examples of their ethnicity, it just seems so stupid to me given what you see in 1&2.
>>51551986
Tactics status in the Canon has always been at best unclear, but I could see the Eastern Brotherhood sending people south.
>>
>>51504062
Maxson got them to rejoin apparently.
>>
File: 1449449699501.jpg (142KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
1449449699501.jpg
142KB, 1191x670px
>>51552031
I mean, it makes sense, he's basically Brotherhood Hitler.
>>
So how hot would it be in Phoenix after the apocalypse?
>>
File: Augustine_Knight.jpg (45KB, 550x741px) Image search: [Google]
Augustine_Knight.jpg
45KB, 550x741px
>The "Forgotten Kingdom," eh?
>Before the bombs fell, there were rumors of a magic city. A kingdom of unending happiness, where all could find joy.
>"Paradise," it was called.
>This kingdom of magic, as it was known then, has all but disappeared. There are records of it in the old books and terminals, sure. But no place actually matching that description can be found.
>Some say it was shielded by the Great Dome and that beneath the Dome the Forgotten Kingdom waits... its treasures unspoiled...
>"What's the Great Dome?" Are you new around these parts, kid?
>Fine, fine. If you venture south of Land-O, you'll find a massive dome dominating the landscape. It's immune to small arms fire. Some lunatics have even tried detonating explosives but the results are always the same.
>To hear the old Swamp Shaman tell it, the Great Dome rose up from the ground and protected the Forgotten Kingdom from the damage when the bombs fell.
>Now, I'm not sayin' I believe the old bastard, but I gotta admit that I'm damn curious about what's inside that damn dome.
>Seems those damn "Augustine Knights" have taken an interest, too. If those crazed warlords have ventured this far south from the Old Fort, then there's gotta be some credit the old legends.
>>
>>51552424
Many parts of Arizona and Nevada would be unhabitable if it wasn't for modern irrigation techniques and other technology. Probably be a hellhole with the advent of rad scorpions and other mutants there now too.
>>
File: consider-the-following.jpg (24KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following.jpg
24KB, 600x451px
>>51496812
So, something occured to me a while back, when I replayed Fallout 1, and I think it kind of fits this thread, considering it could be used as a Campaign setting (and it's wildly /tg/ too).
Spoiler, in case someone here for some godforsaken reason never played Fallout 1.

So you know how you can convince the Master to commit suicide, because his plan is doomed to fail?
It's actually total bullshit, if you think about it.
Consider this.
1) His plan, supposedly doesn't work, because Super Mutants can't have children.
2) Because of that, they can't procreate, and though they never get sick or old, they can die in accidents, meaning eventually, they would die out, and the glorious new humanity with them.

Why is this bullshit? Let's consider these:
3) The Master was creating Super Mutants out of normal human beings.
4) The Master had at his disposal a zealous human lead group of people, who wanted to aid his cause for a better humanity.
5) These followers were in fact, not Super Mutants.

So consider the following.
Why couldn't the Master (An immortal being, who for all intents and purposes is considered a god and/or the greatest and first example of the supreme Super Mutant humans by his cult), who has a nigh unstoppable army at his disposal, as well as dutiful clerics, looking to convert other humans to their enlightened view of the better, safer world to come, simply say:
"Not every needs to be a Super Mutant!"
Think about. The Super Mutants could become the stalwart, strong and fiercely loyal (to the Master) bullwark of is - for lack of a better world - empire, who fight off the many dangerous creatures of the post-apocaliptic world, retrieve lost technology from places humans cannot go, and enforce his will, and his law.
Bellow them, humans could continue to exist peacefully. They could farm, work with delicate machinery Super Mutants can't handle, be the labouring backbone of the new world. (Cont.)
>>
File: Empy Old Boy.jpg (154KB, 604x598px) Image search: [Google]
Empy Old Boy.jpg
154KB, 604x598px
>>51552549
(Cont.)
Every so often, sure, new Super Mutants are needed, but we already know the Master knew how to create them, and by all means, he is immortal, and even if not, could designate successors who carry on this knowledge, and leadership.
If His church would be the only faith in the wasteland, then it would be seen as the greatest of honours to be allowed to ascend to Super Mutanthood, there would be no shortage of volunteers from amongst the humans, who, not being Super Mutants, and not needing to expose themselves to the most irradiated parts of the world, could still procreate.
By the preservations of the lesser humans, the Master could have his paradise. He could have his better world, led by the better men, he brought forth himself, and in time, could perhaps even solve the problem of Super Mutants being infertile (and the other, occaisonal kinks of Super Mutanthood).

Think about it.
The perfect world, guarded by nigh-immortal, hulking super humans, vigilantly defending the fragile heartlands of an empire, in a chaotic, dangerous world, ever building towards perfection, so that mankind could achieve perfection, and all could know peace, under the careful, somewhat prejudiced, arguably dickish, but utterly well meaning gaze of an immortal super-human, who rules from his technological wonder of a throne, that connects him with all of his empire.

Oh yeah. Fallout 40k.

Why didn't the Master do this?
>>
>>51551056
I'm curious, why DID stealth suits get beaten by power armour? The history mentions that the power armour let the Americans cut a swathe through China's forces, but I'm surprised the stealth suit didn't make guerrilla warfare a nightmare for the Americans.
>>
>>51552608
Not him, and I'm mostly talking out my ass on this one with not much to back it up, but if I had to guess, it's because (outside broken game mechanics) you probably couldn't carry heavy weaponry while using stealth suits, and a big part of Power Armor, is that (again, outside broken game mechanics), it cares less about small arms fire than Dragonball cares about power creep.
>>
File: 1480329142071.jpg (170KB, 1600x1142px) Image search: [Google]
1480329142071.jpg
170KB, 1600x1142px
>>51552549
>>51552561
I don't think the devs overlooked this at all. You're character just made a totally convincing argument out of total bullshit. The luck, conversation skill and charisma combination needed to succeed that argument is such that you could sell a treadmill to a paraplegic.

Though now that you point it out I found find a level of humor in it
>>
File: I must break you.jpg (40KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
I must break you.jpg
40KB, 400x320px
>>51552608
>>51552654
power armor
>increased strength, enough to easily handle oversized weapons
>hardened armor with a thickness measured in inches
>fully sealed against toxins and to an extent radiation. Even with its own oxygen supply if you count the original games.

Chinese stealth suits
>Kevlar weave inferior in quality to high end combat armors
>grants limited invisibility (depending on model)
>makes you sneakier

Guerilla warfare is a pretty big problem for a occupying force but America never hung around in Chinese territories long and the one time they did (Alaska) the stealth suits were issued only in a limited capacity (if at all because again simulation)

Being hard to detect is a useful thing but not as useful as being able to take a rpg to the face and come back for seconds, especially not in large scale open warfare
>>
>>51552561
I've had this thought before. I just rationalized it as a spur of the moment thing, the Master was dead set on super mutants being the next step in human evolution because unlike the Emperor he wanted to replace humanity in it's totality with something better. A race of super mutants who would all be the same, united in purpose and form to "unify" the wasteland, and make it as perfect as he believed himself to be. The realization that his new race couldn't reproduce utterly shattered that notion.
>>
>>51552903
Non-gameplay wise, do stealth suits actually decloak when you start firing from them? I can understand that guns make a ton of noise and reveal that someone's hidden there, but it's going to be really fucking hard to kill a guy you can only hear and can't barely see without shooting explosives and hoping the splash kills him.
>>
File: 1453684168983.jpg (1MB, 1365x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1453684168983.jpg
1MB, 1365x1024px
For the Mid-Wastes guy, might as well post something I was going to use for my version that could be fun:

>Junct City
>In pre-war times, it had been a stop for semis at the crossroads of two interstates. In the post-war period, many refugees from outlying towns fled there, as the overpass provided rudimentary overhead shelter from the dust storms that came with the fallout.
>Decades later, many of the nearby towns have become abandoned ruins, with Junc City growing into a true settlement, while still fulfilling a similar role for travelers and traders. One major difference is that now Junc City hosts one of the largest bands in the former United States - one of the nearby towns had hosted a nation-lauded music museum, and scavengers often sell the artifacts for a fair few caps. Many of these instruments are worn down after a short use or sold to collectors, but others are durable, and have been used in many unique performances with a menagrie of instruments from different cultures and eras.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1472725470086.jpg (24KB, 480x319px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1472725470086.jpg
24KB, 480x319px
>>51553078
I'm not sure honestly. It's been a good long while since I've ayed fallout 3 and I dont think the stealth suit you can find in NV actually goes invisible.

>mfw the guy who made the ncr ranger armor mod for fallout 4 abandoned his Chinese stealth suit project.
>the ncr ranger armor mod adds a loading screen that talks about the stealth suit and shows a model of it almost to mock my sorrow
>>
>>51552608
There were multiple contributing factors to the war going poorly for China, power armor being an end result of the biggest. Microfusion technology. The U.S. had man portable energy weapons, powered armor, and likely had refitted at least a portion of their armored forces to run on it. At a time when the rest of the world was literally starving for cheap energy, America had if not quite a replacement for fossil fuels something to alleviate the massive pressure from the resource shortages.

>>51553376
He released it bro. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20959/?
>>
>>51553078
In Fallout 3 at least, the suits just stay invisible. It's like a Stealth Boy that's active as long as you're crouching.
>>
File: 1479536461664.jpg (30KB, 288x294px) Image search: [Google]
1479536461664.jpg
30KB, 288x294px
>>51553396
Holy balls I thought he bailed on the project.

Now if melody would get to updating that .50 cal machine gun everything will perfect.
>>
>>51553405
So stealth suits are basically like being a Skyrim stealth archer in real life?
>>
File: photo.jpg (33KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
33KB, 350x350px
>>51553465
I'd argue they follow predator rules.
>>
>>51553496
Probably have a bit more water resistance though, since Alaska would snow quite a bit and the other Chinese soldiers have winter gear.
>>
>>51553465
It's hard to say. When NPCs used them in Operation Anchorage, they would sometimes use them for surprise melee tactics as much as trying to use a ranged attack. Which can be more devastating than it sounds, since you can only heal every so often, and taking down a few commies that are intent on getting close to you and being a little difficult to hit is frustrating.
>>
>>51550937
>>51550880
>>51550909
If Gun-Ho!'s leader ain't a reference to pic related, I'd be sad and disappointed.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1460586324596.jpg (18KB, 475x309px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460586324596.jpg
18KB, 475x309px
Bump for more cool ideas
>>
>>51554495
I have some ideas for the Fallout: China setting, I could post them if you'd like.
>>
I always thought it would be cool if to represent Great Brittain in Fallout there was a big Battlestar Galactica-style floatilla of ex-Royal Navy warships and civilian vessels sailing around the world's oceans for X00 years because they're looking for Avalon and the Arthurian prophecy of the King's return in their darkest hour.
>>
>>51496812
Oh hell, I know too many radio people.

1. Night Owl: only broadcasts from dusk to dawn. Has a voice that can induce narcolepsy.

Sample dialogue (spoken slowly with a revenant hush)
>NO: "You're listening to Night Owl Radio, where we are still offering a standing bounty for any fresh vinyl or holotape records you may recover. Hey. Want you to know that the station management here at Night Owl Radio, well, we call them station management, really it's a fire ant nest that occupies half the building, but they keep us motivated and occasionally buy us doughnuts so they occupy the same role, really. Uh, anyway, the station management here wants you to stay safe out there panhandle. The B-line is completely open in both directions, barring the Highwayman pile-up just north of 'Gustie in the northbound lane, which has been mostly moved to the shoulder thanks to a rampaging super mutant. Anyway, we're gonna reach into our 19 records here, still hoping to make the top 20, and play you some Ink Spots. Enjoy."
>>
I ran a fallout Florida game once that used Mariana caverns as the start location (vault-tec got exclusive rights to build a military vault for research that was actually well stocked and staffed) giant ants uprooted the player characters who learned of another vault nearby. So they headed towards Pensacola, and found that the city of crestview while slightly ruined is a whole lot more Chinese than they remember.

The second vault was a "secret "detention camp for Chinese agents and suspected sympathizers. So this leads to the city and the party being at each other's throats almost instantly.
Game didn't go on too much longer after that, but it was interesting that the party didn't wanna go anywhere near "Disney world" or the remains of Orlando when I offered that as a suggestion
>>
>>51536318
Yeah, America was doing a lot of that but was doing it pretty openly. It might be fun to have there be a risk of chems being mixed into pre-war packaged food with no label saying so or something. Maybe just in a particular area.
>>
>>51551175
Mutation could definitely lead to superhuman feats, it's likely that the Chinese government would have had some sort of super soldier program and close combat would be a part of that. It's also totally possible that they would be leaking chems into the water supply or something to get their citizens ready to fight the Americans, and between that and radiation there could be some interesting mutations.

Magic doesn't really exist in fallout though. You could get away with a lot of "magic" using tech though.
>>
>>51504229
I mean, sure, if you're going off of retarded Fallout 3 logic, yeah, anything is possible.

But in the other games there are at least plausible reasons that follow in universe rules as to why people settle places.
>>
>>51551645
The fun then comes from taking the prevailing cultural trends of a different country in the same time period and exaggerating the shit out of them.

Yes, it's not Fallout as presented in the video games because it's in a different place. There's nothing wrong with being creative.
>>
>>51503440
hell yeah mid west brotherhood best brotherhood, but seriously they're feudalism and being willing to work with locals combined with they're no bullshit approach to problems make them a rather interesting faction
>>
Plains Commonwealth is the name of the Mid West area in Fallout. I like the MidWaste name better.
>>
>>51553733
Is the bottom of the V on that gun sash....A dick?

Or is that my Freud showing?
>>
>>51541052
>But some post-bomb tribals could also find remains of the thousands of museums and gift shops that would probably still be lauding Native Americans as part of a frontier past, so...

They still wouldn't be recognizable. Those tribals have no educational context for the items they would find in a museum.

The tribe, even if they found intact tokens and clothing, would be culturally, linguistically, and ethnically unrecognizable as any real world NA tribe.

Now that's not to say you can't have tribals with a nature based religious construct based on useful/outdated rituals which served a an actual survival purpose now/at one point. See: Kosher and Halal food, ritualistic use of all components of an animal (spiritually waste is an insult to deity/deities, in reality survival required the most efficient use of materials), religious prohibitions from entering "sacred land" that actually holds a bio weapons or nuclear facility that has started to degrade
>>
>>51497639
As it turns out, fluoride in the water was actually the cause of ghouls turning rabid. He had a basement full of filtration gear, so he's managed to stave off the transformation.
>>
File: 1453671957123.png (1MB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1453671957123.png
1MB, 1440x810px
>>51557561
It depends on which part of the Midwest you visit - the Plains Commonwealth leaves out some of the northernmost states. Having a name with Commonwealth in it just makes me think of the FO4 organization.
>>
File: 1453671796955.jpg (147KB, 786x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1453671796955.jpg
147KB, 786x1015px
>>51559707
A museum might give a little basic information on placards, or perhaps museum documents - assuming they were literate. And even if small fragments of tribes survived, bits of culture could be passed down through oral traditions, even if they grow hazy and indistinct. You could argue that in a post-apoc scenario, any surviving tribes were going to change anyway due to all the sudden changes to the land and people around them - having vague ideas of a Great Spirit or something could be all you'd expect to survive even in the best scenario, and it's not hard for post-apoc tribals to develop it themselves in a part of the world at least lightly awash with Native American culture and ideas. Some things would be common knowledge before the bombs.

Still, I do like the idea of people developing their own traditions based loosely around old ideas. Maybe long ago, there was a military remnant guarding the Black Hills because of some secret military facilities, and keeping any outsiders away. Eventually the security team died, but the tribals still believe that the Black Hills are sacred and protected by wicked spirits, and will keep away all trespassers as to not disturb them. It's not the same reason they were sacred IRL, but it's an interesting one.

>>51560715
>>
So some ideas I had for Chinese made drugs:

The premise behind these is that China has more numerous but less well trained soldiers.

>Good Soldier
Makes a person stronger, faster, tougher, and react much faster, but it also makes them more open to suggestion. Used on the common soldiers to make them fight harder for their commanders and generals. Gameplay wise lowers charisma and intelligence, raises strength, endurance, perception, and agility.

>Last Stand
Kills all pain and causes wounds to clot, allowing soldiers to continue fighting even with grievous wounds. It doesn't actually repair damaged organs or other wounds, so it's mainly to get the most out of every soldier. Gameplay wise, it adds a bunch of temporary health.

>Ration
Less food for each soldier is no problem with Ration. Ration gives the body an enormous boost of energy and contains numerous chemicals and vital nutrients- essentially a drinkable MRE mixed with an adrenaline shot that has addictive side effects. Gameplay wise it would decrease starvation, boost AP regeneration, and increase agility.

>Cool
Made from opiates, it's designed to keep soldiers calm and hold the lines, even if hundreds of their friends are dying. Gameplay wise it'd increase accuracy as you're not as panicked, and would make perception increase as well.

Look good so far?
>>
>>51560846
One worry I'd have is that if troops are addicted to their rations, there'd be more strife when food runs low, and then you'd have to use Good Soldier a lot just to keep them all in line.
>>
>>51497639
YOU JUST WAIT SMOOTHSKINS
YOU JUST WAIT
I'M MAD NOW
I'M REALLY MAD
GODDAMN HOMOSEXUAL MUSTACHES
TURNIN THE FROGS GAY
>>
>>51502665
Black Mountain Radio
>kidnapping the Janitor and forcing him to repeatedly profess his love for a supermutant in Drag
>>
>>51560846
I like these ideas. I think with last stand you should be able to die when it wears off if your hp is lower than the temporary hp it gives when it wears off, though. It could last a while so that players have time to heal up after a fight, though.

>>51561389
This is a good point. I think there really should be some kind of soylent green thing.
>>
>>51551038
>>51550808

Deathclaws were genetically modified Jackson Chameleons, intended to be dumped in china to wreak havoc
>>
>>51562260
Bullmen are a go.

They'll be kind of like Ogryns.
>>
>>51562816
I'd rather they were a bit more like the Bull version of Deathclaws. Perhaps with a crude enough intelligence to use tools, but meant more as last-ditch shock troops to try and counter power-armored figures with little more than brute force.
>>
File: YGjAgfF[1].png (149KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
YGjAgfF[1].png
149KB, 400x291px
>>51564273
Thank you anon.

Any ideas for the Eldar like race? Where they tried to create perfect forms for the elite but ended up losing physical resilience?
>>
>>51564273
>>51562816
>>51564549
Found this bull monster picture.
>>
File: 60347987.jpg (35KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
60347987.jpg
35KB, 600x400px
What are some of the Monsters/Animals/Wildlife that would be found in the MidWaste?
>>
>>51564843
Mutant buffalo instead of brahmin.
>>
>>51564843
>MidWaste

Radioactive rattlesnakes. Make em giant like pythons. Deadly venom too. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crotalus_viridis)

Radbison that are as big as fucking elephants (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_bison). I think the Bison is a better symbol of America than the bald eagle, but I digress. Maybe for a tribe they use the bison as a symbol?

Giant vicious rabbits too (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-tailed_jackrabbit).

>>51564948
I don't think buffalo are domesticated.
>>
>>51564959
In the game I ran we called mutated snakes found in the MidWaste Radio Raddlers.
>>
File: 1402777014462.jpg (143KB, 900x655px) Image search: [Google]
1402777014462.jpg
143KB, 900x655px
>>51552549
>>51552561
I think it's because the Master wanted to totally replace humans with Super Mutants, because he thought humanity wouldn't survive in the Fallout world without genetic engineering. For him, the end justified the means, but once you prove that the end is fallible - if humanity were to all become Super Mutants, they'd go extinct - he commits suicide.

In 40k, this is gotten away with because at the end of the day the Emperor did not want to replace humanity, but made Space Marines to be good soldiers for galactic conquest, and perhaps protective work afterwards (though it's always hinted that he may have just wanted to kill them off after). The Master wanted to totally replace humanity, and even if he just kept some of them alive, he might not still have the time to work out the kinks - the methods he was using worked best with 'pure' humans not exposed to wasteland radiation, which were increasingly hard to find. And humanity itself might slowly dwindle, due to birth defects or simple warfare.
It was a situation he was putting time towards, but not one that he could necessarily put off, I think.

>>51564549
When in doubt, use turtles. Like, big ones that are revered in Asia for being hundreds of years old.

I am a little worried that you're using terms like Ogryn and Eldar, like you're trying to make 40k in Fallout, but I'll trust you.

>>51564843
Well, to start off, don't forget things that have already been included that could easily be worked in. Radscorpions, Brahmin, Yao Guai, those rattlesnake-coyote things from NV, actual coyotes...

Other anons have said good things already, but maybe pheasants and deer or rabbits. If you include Minnesota, there's opportunities for creatures from lakes and forests, not just rivers and plains. Maybe instead of mole rats, there's mutated ground hogs. Could try and steal some stuff from Native American myths and see if you can twist them, like Thunderbirds or Underwater Panthers.
>>
>>51565416
Minnesota and Florida both should have scads of blood bugs.
>>
>>51565416
>When in doubt, use turtles. Like, big ones that are revered in Asia for being hundreds of years old.
I actually wanted them to be relatively humanoid in appearance. Something like the FEV but....different.

>I am a little worried that you're using terms like Ogryn and Eldar, like you're trying to make 40k in Fallout, but I'll trust you.
By Ogryn I meant, "big guys on the side of humans but with their own distinctness" and Eldar as in, "immortal tech elves that are douches".

I like the water buffalo men as a last ditch effort that was abandoned after the nukes fell, and I'm still fine tuning the Eldar.

It's not really for a tabletop but for a CYOA I had an idea for. I could probably translate it into an RPG though.
>>
Man I really want to play TTG fallout now
>>
For Japan, the setting should reflect post war Japan. So only Tokyo and Osaka have a modernized feel to them. Think of it as US' personal North Korea where only Pyongyang has working electricity.

The samw angle is here. After the war Japan was reduced to a resource state and glorified port town for the US and having the places where they dropped thw bombs as the military capitals. After the second wave of bombs came the country was torn to a three way conflict with the IJA Kaikagi taking Tokyo, The Imperial Family growing balls and taking Osaka as their capital and the US traitors consisting of South Korean bondsman and whats left of the US command in Okinawa.

Hong Kong is similar to New Vegas. A ripe battleground between the Europeans, Chinese and Americans as they cant decide who keeps HK
>>
>>51496812
You have to have a radio host that pretends he is "FLORIDA MAN". "Was drunk last night; let's see what I did yesterday."
https://twitter.com/_FloridaMan
>>
>>51568775
I got a feeling that the first thing the Chinese would do in a war is send a missile aimed at the Yasukuni Shrine.
>>
>>51567059
But why even have 'immortal tech elves that are douches' in Fallout? That's not the setting where you'd look for it. I'm a little glad that there aren't elves in there, even when Fallout 3 tried to make Super Mutants more like mindless orcs.
>>
>>51571011
Originally as an antithesis to the Super Mutants, as the minotaurs are to the Deathclaws.

I think I have another idea for them though. Something like a KF Fleshpound.
>>
>>51568775

Shouldn't the setting reflect the stereotype of post-war Japan, IE hyper industrious, technologically innovative, aggressive cultural westernization, and near-protectionist levels of discouraging foreign businesses from gaining footholds in their soil leading to a lot of unfamiliar branding and deeper ties between big business and organized crime?

I mean, in reality all of Japan was not like Tokyo in the 50s, but that's not the perception and perception dictated a lot of the Pre-War society in fallout.
>>
>>51507179
China definitely has advanced energy weapons more than likely, although I could be wrong. Since they had an energy field technology, stealth suits, and had advanced mining tanks, I would believe so. There's also the fact that in Fallout 4, there's evidence of them fighting a lunar war with America, which suggests there may be the possibility of an advanced space program.
>>
>>51571850

Still I expect the sites of Nagasaki and Hiroshima to have value as they are first two cities to be hit by the bomb and thus become a central point in FO Universe
>>
>>51571856
But is the US the only one with portable fusion reactors?
>>
>>51516743
Damn, you suck at this. The game barely has any content, how can you overlook the few sidequests it does have? Go into every building, talk to people. Have you never played this kind of game before?
>>
>>51577287
Honestly, probably, but I wouldn't doubt China having advanced energy of their own, although this might not be true.
>>
>>51571442
But Super Mutants aren't really elves...
>>
>>51578579
I meant sort of like the Super Mutants are orcs, so they have elves. sorry if I was being unclear.
>>
>>51519056
toronto area was mentioned in the Pitt dlc for fo3 as being pretty well secured.
>>
>>51518273
Fallout 4 is a fun game (which isn't saying much, almost every game is), but after you play through it all you just feel dirty on the inside. It's a hollow shell of a game, it's got a cool-looking map and so many building and customizing... which ended up making them rush on everything that you'd expect of a Fallout game. The quests (the large majority of them in this game being "Go to settlement X, go to place Y, kill everything"), the world building, the role playing (rendered almost nonexistent, with offbeat and utterly unnecessary voice acting and only four dialogue options at a time, "yes", "no", "cringey joke/personal insult", "tell me more")... it just feels like a big empty sandbox. The DLCs, which had set a respectable precedent in the previous two games, for the most part added gimmicks that should have been in the main game in the first place, and only two story DLCs (one of them being unplayable if you take the "good" solution to the questline, and the other being closer to being good, its main flaw being the single worst sequence in Fallout history with a popular mod being dedicated to skip it). That's not even mentioning the removal of RPG elements like skills, with a barebones Perks system "replacing" it.
>>
>>51580741
I really wish there was a total conversion for FO4 that stripped out all the new mechanics and let you play with the old.

I got it as a gift from a friend over Christmas, and I've enjoyed it more than I necessarily thought I would, but there's all kind of things that I find myself wishing had made it over from older games. And I do understand why the radiant quests are going to feel shallow and repetitive after a while, but I feel like they could have done a lot better with fixed quests. Some of them are good, and feature unique mechanics or some pretty original locales, but I hate that a lot of the Minutemen quests got wasted on tutorials teaching you aspects of the settlement system.
>>
>>51578648
I getcha now, but I still don't think Super Mutants are that much like orcs.

Maybe it's because so many settings out there now are just 'fantasy in various other scenarios,' but I don't really want to see Fallout as being fantasy-like. It's got a bunch of stuff that makes it pretty distinct otherwise.
>>
>>51581372
Super Mutants aren't terribly orcish anyway, at least not West Coast ones. See Marcus or all of the Nightkin for specific examples how intelligent and clever they can be, even if sometimes they also are suffering from mental illness at the same time.
>>
>>51551175

Ancient Lovecraftian science-magic exists, but even then it's really just hinted at in two or three quests and doesn't relate to much outside of that.
>>
>>51581372
So would something similar to a Killing Floor Fleshpound fit in alright with the world of Fallout? Basically a human modified with muscle growth and bone density stimulants, but proved to be too hard to control and thus deemed a failure. The modified water buffalo were more successful because the natural docility of the original animal.

I'm OCD and I need exactly 4 different races- Human, Ghoul, Water Buffalo Men, and something else. Otherwise the CYOA would look asymmetrical.

>>51583280
I think using psychic powers and having most people think of it as qi since they're uneducated would be best.
>>
>>51496812
Homebrewing a Fallout PnP game set in the "Texas-Louisiana" coastal area. Factions include: Robot Worshiping cult living inside of RobCo HQ, Pirates living inside of submarines, battleships, and shipping crates. The "Prison" Vault, where the inmates run it every other year. The Federation, a somewhat totalitarian group trying to quash the bandits, outlaws, and others under the banner of disarming and forced compliance, or the New Alliance, who want to let others be, but still unite under the loose but compelling banner of humanity.
>>
>>51583280
You ever hear of Psykers, boy?
>>
>>51584424
Make a faction that defends the wall from feral ghouls and raiders from the south.
>>
>>51584672
Other Idea: Random slice of 2077 Americana Suburbs in the middle of nowhere, turns out that They're all clones of the original inhabitants, becoming more violent with each passing day[/spoilers] acting as a Covenant-style "investigate this shit nigga" quest. Also,VR will come into play. In the main hub town, I have an idea of a Post-Apocalyptic Play Theater, who will send the players on quests to get prewar props and costumes, and they can watch snippets of their wacky post-war plays. Built on an abandoned ice-skating rink, no doubt,
>>
Spoiler fuck up, original text besides spoilered part; In the main hub town, I have an idea of a Post-Apocalyptic Play Theater, who will send the players on quests to get prewar props and costumes, and they can watch snippets of their wacky post-war plays. Built on an abandoned ice-skating rink, no doubt,
>>
File: 1453245260755.jpg (49KB, 482x428px) Image search: [Google]
1453245260755.jpg
49KB, 482x428px
>>51584540
Those aren't in Fallout.
>>
>>51585204
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Psyker
Nigga. Also, headcanon/for the fun of it.
>>
>>51585259
Speaking of which, what would be the best setting for each nation?
>China
Kung fu movie.
>Russia
Lawless land if ice and snow
>Canada
Everyone is so nice that there are no raiders and everything lives in harmony
>Mexico
Wild west, like El Guapo.
>Indonesia/Southeast Asia in general
Untamed jungle swallowed most of the cities up. Wild and tribal.

Any other ideas?
>>
>>51585566
>Ireland
Constant radioactive rain, only food is potatoes, everyone is a viking, all the alcohol is radioactive and no one cares
>>
>>51585204
>Degenerates
>not Profligates
2/meme
>>
>>51585566
European Commonwealth: War-torn area, only factions are Ghouls, descendants of soldiers, and suffering. Don't forget, A NU CHEEKI BREEKI AV DAMKE.
>>
>>51585566
I get the joke for Canada, but I'd rather its huge pines start growing out of control and it becomes a forest-wasteland.

To actually be productive, I think the Central Asia area would be full of Mongol and Turkish-like tribes, horsemen and bikers alike. Classic steppes.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.