[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just received this notification and I don't even know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.jpg (102KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
102KB, 700x394px
I just received this notification and I don't even know what to think. I've played some good tabletop adaptations of games before, but a fucking gimmick shooter like SUPERHOT?

I enjoyed the game but... Fuck. Is this a step too far?

What videogames adapted to tabletop have actually been good? The XCOM boardgame was fucking great, and the Pillars of Eternity card game was surprisingly fun. Any particularly bad ones you're aware of, or ones that might be more appropriate for adaptation than this bizarre bullshit?
>>
>>51496630
Adrenaline is a doomesque FPS simulator. Seems pretty cool, generic theme but has some obvious inspirations.

All in all, I'm generally sceptical against cross-media adaptations. They usually try too hard to emulate their counterparts. XCOM didn't which is why I think it was pretty good.
>>
File: 1234758345.png (792KB, 994x675px) Image search: [Google]
1234758345.png
792KB, 994x675px
While not strictly based off of any one particular game, Battle at Kemble's Cascade is in my opinion a really underappreciated game that tries to emulate those scrolling retro space shooters.
>>
>>51496873

I agree totally. The ones that try to emulate what the vidya do just end up as pale imitations. It's only things which take an alternate perspective and properly make use of the tabletop medium which end up being good.

Which is why I have such low hopes for the clunky generic dungeon crawler they're making with the fucking Dark Souls license. Of course it sold like hotcakes because of the miniatures, but fuck it's so mechanically derivative.
>>
>>51497058

Aw shite. I hoped the DS board game would be good. I have a pal who loves DS and I could probably get him to play it with me.

But I guess you're right. It probably won't translate well.
>>
>>51496630
Looked it up, the gameplay looks freaking retarded. You put the stuff you used in the enemy discard and unfought enemies in your own attack discard.

Looks like a pile of crap.
>>
>>51497589

I lost hope in it as soon as they announced a dice based mechanic.

If you want to create a proper Dark Souls experience, you don't use fucking dice. Randomness and RNG is the antithesis of what Souls is built on. But of course, doing something different would require actual design competence instead of making a quick buck on a popular franchise.
>>
>>51497653
I agree. I just watched a gameplay video.

While I actually could imagine myself having a decent amount of fun with the game. The choice to go with dice was a poor choice indeed.

The thing with a very important part is being patient to learn the moves were pretty nice though, and that they rampage and genereate a new deck after you get it below 50% was pretty nifty too.

Too bad, they seemed to get a few things right but damn they dropped the ball on one of the most important parts...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.