[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Decidsd to start collecting a warhammer 40k Chaos Space Marines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0457.jpg (80KB, 842x725px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0457.jpg
80KB, 842x725px
Decidsd to start collecting a warhammer 40k Chaos Space Marines army

Any advice for a loner looking to start playing games?
>>
>>51494855
Find a fun players base, write cool stories about your dudes, play and have fun.
And speak up against WAAC players and other trash within the hobby.

But in the end, have fun.
Also, ignore everyone that says that 40k is a waste of time and money. It's a fun hobby don't let others tell you otherwise
>>
>>51494855
Paint your army properly. Fielding unfinished models is fine, but having a well painted army will instantly raise you up over the 40kiddies.
>>
>>51494855
Start small. Get one of those new small one model box with the new tools box from GW. It's 30 euros to have everything you need to at least try. Do that one model and see if that's your thing. Or better yet, go to your nearest GW and ask if you can paint a model. Normally they should help you out.

Finally, don't be afraid of the shop. Get used to it, to the the people in it. Might seem weird at first but you can have some great time if you just go along with it.
>>
>>51494947
>>51495185
>>51495266

This is all good advice.

What Chaos army are you looking to collect, OP? Anything in particular catch your eye?
>>
File: FROM-hell227.jpg (64KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
FROM-hell227.jpg
64KB, 1024x768px
>>51495294
Don't know about OP but if Chaos standard kits ever get a modernisation (they direly need it, like the IG), I'll do a Hakanor's Reavers army. The scheme is a bitch and a half, but I love it.
>>
>>51495583
Gorgeous. I'd honestly wait a couple of years before sinking top dollar into current kits because we might be due some updates with the Gathering Storm/8th ed
>>
>>51495628
Yeah I hope exactly that happens. I'm a staunch loyalist, but I might get some Chaos if they get new kits, hopefully they won't be as cluttered as the DV ones.
The TS kits were perfect in that regard.
>>
>>51495266
This lad gets it. I genuinely swing by my local GW just to hang out and chat to the guys sometimes. It's on my way and the community for this game is surprisingly nice, no matter what the internet will tell you.

They're especially nice to people outside of the hobby because most of them are friends with the staff of the store who have a vested interest in selling you models, but most of the people working at GW genuinely love the hobby so it's not entirely dishonest
>>
>>51495650
Bro are you kidding? Some of those chosen in DV were gorgeous. It's the regular marines I think that are a little lackluster. Overall though they still fall short compared to newer TS kits I agree.
>>
>>51495670
Kranon is very good in its posing an presence, but I feel too many fidlt buts kinda killed its potential to be regal.
>>
>>51494855
get dark vengeance (the current starter) and sell the dark angel stuff
while its likely the game will get an update this year, makin the rulebook obsolete, the models are nice and rather cheap.
>>
>>51495729
Fuck, convert the dark angel stuff if you like and you have potentially a full 1000 point army in that box..
>>
>>51495294
Well i liked the lore of Thousand Sons

Are they good?
>>
>>51495807
Honestly they're a bit overpriced points wise for now.

However, remind yourself that the gaming community is not as terrible and WAAC as /tg/ would have you believe. I saw orks player table eldars and tau at my shop because people play for fun.
Don't let an army's potential bad performance spoil the pleasure.
>>
>>51495807

They are one of the weaker legions right now, also complicated rules, but pretty awesome lore, aesthetic and playstyle.

>do you like the idea of playing an army wizards and their undead and beastmen minions in a science fiction universe?
>do you like wizards, like really like wizards, like so much you're fine with every squad having a wizard in it?
>do you like having to rely entirely on wizards or tanks of your own in order to kill your opponent's heaviest armor?
>do you like the idea of every single space marine in your army having an inferno weapon and aura of dark glory?
>do you never, ever, want to have to worry about morale or penalties for firing weapons on the move?
>are you prepared to lose large chunks of your army to a single laser spam unit of guardsmen or eldar jetbikes because your guys cost so many points for space marines?
>>
>>51494855
>chaos space marines
So just gimped space marines?
>>
>>51494855
Dark Vengeance set is great for starting the game, you get a lot of miniatures for the price.
and you get the rulebook
and templates
and other stuff.

Also just go to your local games store and ask, if there really is NOBODY, find another store.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.