[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Warhammer paints have artificial colors in them, or non-organic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (125KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
125KB, 1920x1080px
Do Warhammer paints have artificial colors in them, or non-organic ingrediants?
>>
>>51492961
Email GW instead of asking this on a Indonesian imageboard
>>
>>51492961

They're acrylic, anon.
>>
>>51492961
Yes. They're acrylics
>>
Can someone reccomend me a good organic Warhammer paint brand?
>>
>>51492961
Have you tried not eating them?
>>
>>51493125
Acrylic paint is organic, anon. It contains carbon-carbon bonds.
>>
>>51493135
but it says it's non-toxiiiiiiiiiiic~
>>
>>51493368
technically true.

Though OP is an idiot, I am kinda curious what they use for the pigments in GW paint, as I come from a canvas painting background where most paints are named after the pigment that's in them.

I'm sure their pure white is Titanium White, because that's what you use for pure white, but is Mephiston Red primarily Cadmium red?
Do their browns actual start out as burn dirt like in canvas colors?
>>
>>51493647
I also come from a fine art education. I have a strong suspicion that the current GW paint range is mostly artificial pigment, that is to say it's chemically coloured to ensure consistency across the entire range from batch to batch.

It also tends to split and settle into two distinct liquids rather than gathering sediment as a thin acrylic might do.

On top of that many of the newer paints seem to lack the distinct pigment smells I look for ,especially the yellows and reds.This might explain why their paint range has become more pastel over time as they try to phase out possibly toxic pigments in exchange for safer albeit less primary colours.

Their new tint set however is organic pigment based afaict.
>>
>>51493801
this might explain why I can't find anything that gives me the effect of acrylic sap green.
Now using canvas acrylics on models not a good idea, because to get the right consistency you have to thin it so much it takes 6 or more coats. But, provided it's less than a 1/4 of the mix you can do alright, and I cannot get the green I like without Sap Green.
>>
>>51493916
Try vallejo. They generally use earth pigments in their model colour range. Equally, use oils. If it's for spot colours or things wher eyou want a rich depth like armour or cloth then oils are great, you can thin them right down without too much issue and you get extra time to build up highlights.

Which company are you buying your paint from? If you're having them hand made then ask for a small amount of pigment to go alongside your mixture you can create your own paints with high quality pigment but control the medium levels. (or just ask the mixers to do it for you.)
>>
File: farseerback.jpg (54KB, 526x935px) Image search: [Google]
farseerback.jpg
54KB, 526x935px
>>51493969
mainly do oil painting, but I inherited my grandfathers acrylics.
Do use a fair bit of vallejo, my paint collection is kinda all mixed up. Good to know oils can work on models, was kinda worried I'd destroy something, and my oils are higher quality mainly georgian.

Don't mix my own paints, as I don't have a formal training. Just a few years at the local art institute.
Pic related has the green I'm using on the robes.
>>
>>51494082
Looks good. If you have a good oil match try giving it a thin wash of spirit thinned oil paint.It adds a richer depth to the colours and makes your highlights smoother and more pronounced due to the way the paint pools.
>>
>>51493398
Well, that's a plus
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.