[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emmisarry Edition Malifaux: https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 18

File: brutalemissary.jpg (621KB, 4462x3900px) Image search: [Google]
brutalemissary.jpg
621KB, 4462x3900px
Emmisarry Edition

Malifaux:
https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach (Complete): https://mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of Malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models and scenarios
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - Entirely new models and scenarios

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Topic for discussion: Which emmisarry is the best?
>>
Carrion from what I've seen. The fucker is just so multi purpose
>>
>>51492119
Arcane one because i play Kaeris.

Ive got a question, guys.
Nurse Heartsbane and Doc Grimwell - worth buying off hands or not? Want to play Lucius, Perdita, LJ and Sonnia boxes as a guild.
>>
>>51492547
Grimwell is certainly a good choice. He is a quick beater that can supplement many guild crew. Hearstbane is also fun because of her lockdown potential. I wouldn't consider either necessary, though it depend son what you want to do.
>>
>>51492547
Arcane with rasputina is just nasty
>>
>>51492600
Not son really but nevertheless i want to beat the living crap off everyone and make people dance with my electroshocking thing with heartsbane.
Ive never played a game as either of the guild masters i mentioned, thought i started painting on LJ box. Which boxes would those two be good with?
>>
File: Emissary Finished.jpg (1MB, 773x3453px) Image search: [Google]
Emissary Finished.jpg
1MB, 773x3453px
I love using the Mysterious Emissary, it might not be the most killy but spamming changelings and screwing people over with terrain is so much fun.
>>
>>51492699
>plant eating the booty
>>
File: Starter Set Medical Team.jpg (273KB, 2048x1778px) Image search: [Google]
Starter Set Medical Team.jpg
273KB, 2048x1778px
>>51492547
>>51492600
I have a regular opponent that plays a very effective 'medical team' with Guild McMourning.

Grimwell's move and damage output can be utterly horrifying.

Heartsbane's Paralyze and Push can be really fucking rough positionally.
>>
So I got the starer set and I'm thinking about expanding on the miniatures I already have, should I go for witch hunters or nephilim?
>>
>>51493252
Dont really like McMourning.
>>
Does avatar hoffman even exist in this edition?
>>
>>51495197
No one plays avatars although it does exist
>>
>>51495197
In campaigns as an upgrade. Otherwise use it as a legal Brutal Emissary upgrade like everyone else.
>>
>>51495557
I-I dont understand.
>>
>>51495549
Why? They look cool
>>
>>51495651
Avatars are what caused the game to be shit in 1st ed. They aren't going back there.
>>
>>51495197
all the avatar models are out of production now so ebay is prettymuch the only place to get them. If you still have one they can be used ingame and count as the factions "Emmisary"
>>
>>51495029
I was using that as almost the only example I've seen of either getting use.
But they do their jobs - Grimwell deals big damage, or at least certainly threatens it, and Heartsbane is disruptive as all hell.

>>51495651
>>51495621
He means proxie, not Upgrade.
The Avatars are no longer 'tournament legal' or really intended for use in general play - they exist only as an extra level of flavour in Shifting Loyalties campaigns,
>>
File: Nicodem-Avatar-of-Pimping-05.jpg (55KB, 600x711px) Image search: [Google]
Nicodem-Avatar-of-Pimping-05.jpg
55KB, 600x711px
>>51495699
>Avatars are what caused the game to be shit in 1st ed.
Can you elaborate?
I only started seeing Malifaux after Crossroads, so I have no idea how the game played in 1st or 1.5, and no idea about the meta/scene.
>>
>>51495775
basically they were OP.

Malifaux 1st ed was Wyrd aping warmachine and hordes of Privateer Press with OP combos and models = excitement! philosophy.

It didn't pan out. It turns out the WM tempered their bullshit to one turn with feats while featuring a larger army size.
Malifaux also had the weird design philosophy that masters should be direct counter to other masters/factions and one should own the entire faction to git gud. It made the game very unenjoyable and Avatars were just a sprinkle on the turd cake.

2nd ed, Wyrd went a massive overhaul and Malifaux became incredibly better than what it was.
>>
Ophelia, Sommer or Wong.
I can't decide between them as second master for gemlins (1st is brewmaster).
>>
Is 15 rats enough for Hamelin? even if things are going really well I can't see having more than that on the table at any one time
>>
>>51495911
Sommer

Always.

Somer handles shit ton of playstyles and can play with everything.
>>
File: Brewmaster Crew.jpg (884KB, 3262x1364px) Image search: [Google]
Brewmaster Crew.jpg
884KB, 3262x1364px
>>51495911
Wong.

>>51495968
Sommer swings between boring and irritating to play against, in my opinion.
He's functionally effective at many strats and schemes, but he doesn't seem all that exciting to play with either.

Disclaimer: Opionioooons! And I have only direct experience playing against him. Players I have spoken to said that,compared to avariety of other Masters, Sommer is easier and more effective but less fun.
>>
>>51495754
Does it mean that they are also no longer canon?
>>
>>51496228
Who the fuck knows, Malifaux lore is kind of a mess really
>>
is there a pdf of m2e cards available? I want to see what things actually do before I buy them.
>>
>>51497339
They are in the back of the books. You can grab them in the op
>>
>>51497518
sweet, thanks. I've only got the compact rulebook in a physical copy, so that's good to know.
>>
>>51496228
Yes, but it became a lot harder to manifest in the lore due to the governor general fucking up his ascension.
>>
>>51497771
>>51496228

Er, yes they are still canon.
>>
gg2017 and errata are back up on wargame vault.
>>
Just picked up Lucius (and printed off his new cards) and was wondering what I should add to get to a decent 50 points list for Guild Lucius.
>>
>>51500267
I don't play guild but I do know you'll want a doppelganger
>>
What was actually errata'd for guild guard? I may be blind but nothing seems to be different.
>>
>>51500396
I think it's because the original print run of the cards diddn't have the "Guardsman" characteristic on them, I know mine didn't
>>
Are ronins supposed to be sisters?
>>
>>51500499
Nope, there are only 4 sisters in the game. The two Viktorias, the Student of Conflict and Vanessa.
>>
>>51500267
Witchling Thralls, Guild Austringers, Doppleganger, Guild Riflemen, Mounted Guard, perhaps changelings. You have a lot of options beyond what I mentioned of course.
>>
>>51492119
shadow is great. He has a built in push that gives a model with an upgrade fast. On top of that he can give himself focus+2 for no ap and can give himself blasts. Plus his (0) always has some use and all of his upgrades are useful.

>>51496112
Not that other guy but I will say that a glowy mctavish has been the bane of my existence for awhile.
>>
What are soulstones supposed to look like officially? Any specific color?
>>
>>51503216
I've always imagined green, like warpstones in Mordheim
>>
>>51503216
>>51503236
I imagined them white like hearthstones, mostly because my tokens are white-ish and the boxes on the reference card that I fill are white.
>>
>>51503216
I think they go into detail in Through the breach, different quality = different colours.
>>
>>51500267
Thralls, Austringers, a Terracotta Warrior, and anything else you like. Lucius turns his AP into more AP for other models and now he does it rather well.
>>
It looks like Lucius and Zoraida basically compete for the same spot in neverborn, when's it worth taking one over the other?
>>
>>51506188
Lucius is more about making your crew better, Z is more about making your opponent miserable. I prefer Z in S&S that emphasize spreading out more because of Raven Form and her longer ranges.
>>
>>51503320
I think they're white if they're charged.
>>
Hardcore tourney coming up, what would you run?
>>
>>51511301
Somer
>>
>>51511368
Henchmen hardcore means no masters though.

has anyone tried pigapult in HH? I'm thinking that it might be hilarious as turn 1/2 massive kill spree with the stuffed piglet bombs with the rest of the points into something annoying like Burt Jebsen
>>
>>51511301
Nothing Beast is pretty fun
>>
File: Colette Crew Day of the Dead.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Colette Crew Day of the Dead.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
>>51511301
I usually go Joss, Cassandra, Rail Worker and Performer.
Landing a Performer's Seduction (Wp13 duel or suffer double negative to Df and Wp duels) in a melee can be enormous when you tend to hit two or three of their four models.
Even if you don't actually Seduce anyone, it will usually eat a card or two blocking it.

>>51511426
>Pigapult in HH
That sounds fucking horrible.
>>
>>51498970
NICE
>>
>>51512343
I love that paint job
>>
Union Miners or Oxfordian Mages with Ironsides? I can't decide; the mages have a far greater damage output, but the scheme marker ability from the miners seems nice.
>>
>>51513718
Ox Mages come in a set, Miners can be run solo. That might help.
>>
>>51513718
If your looking for a single minion or even a double minion it's probably better to go with minors. If you have enough points for two and a little extra then oxfordians with they're bundle upgrade.
>>
Ive got a few questions, guys.
First: what is better, warmahordes or malifaux?
Second: why did Confrontation die?
Thank you.
>>
>>51518271
They're completely different games, so it's a moot comparison
>>
>>51495912
I once went to a tournament and only used 4 rats. 15 is plenty.
>>
File: static1.squarespace.png (97KB, 300x320px) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.png
97KB, 300x320px
Thinking of jumping into neverborn for my next faction, was considering who to start with. Out of all the current masters Pandora, Zoraida and Collodi are of the most interest to me. Which do you think would be the easiest start and who would be easiest (and cheapest) to get to 50ss starting with their master box?
>>
>>51518271
Confrontation died because of bad buisness decisions and a general misunderstanding of their playerbase.
>>
>>51520631
Zoraida is probably easiest since you can just add anything and be good. All she really needs is Will o the Wisps. Obey your dudes, screw with enemy dudes, abuse the hell out of that voodoo doll.

Pandy I don't know very well.

Collodi can get expensive with all the effigies and such he wants. Scary to play against, but pretty involved in all his interactions.
>>
>>51518322
>>51521011
Got an answers in WMH thread already, but thanks anyway.
>>
>>51520631
Pandora is my favourite master out of the 3 you've mentioned, she's not massively expensive to get into, some sort of big beater like nekima/teddy, some insidious madness for scheme running.
There are a couple of issues with her though.
Firstly if you come up against a high WP crew you will struggle a bit.
Secondly she can really irritate the people you're playing against and on occasion I've had people getting really irritated and claiming she's a negative play experience, I honestly just think this is people who don't know how to deal with her having a tantrum though.
She's one of my favorite masters to play though and I can't recommend her more.
>>
Just got Ripples of Fate and am reading through the stories.
Now this is really something that annoys me about Wyrd, that they do not put important fluff bits into their books.
I haven't gotten to reading the Chronicles yet, so when I finished Shifting Loyalties the Governor General was turning into a tyrant (how I do not know) and now he's dead already and also the Burning Man.
>>
>>51523189
The bit where the Governor actually blows up was covered with Mei Feng's perspective in Shifting Loyalties. The Govenor's ascension plan was here and there. For instance in McCabe's vignete it explains that the Govenor was sending guys to get the artifacts that he needed, one of those being the bones of one of the Tyrants.

A lot of the holes are covered in the TTB adventures actually. Nythera goes into detail a lot with how Phillip went missing and why Von Schill lost an arm and a leg among other things.
>>
>>51523189
The "main" story is at the back of the book. The ascension plot was covered in chronicles, what the governor had set up.
>>
> Sonnia losing Cherufe.
> Von Schill getting rekt.
> Dreamer manning up.

Is Wyrd gonna go the Warmahordes way and come out with Epic versions of older characters?
>>
>>51525553
I'm hoping they just introduce new sets of upgrades for masters to reflect it. Maybe a new sculpt.
>>
>>51525553
>Sonnia losing Cherufe
Wait really?

God Malifaux lore is hard to keep up on...
>>
>>51526146
It's ok, she gets better.

Thanks to McMourning
>>
So is there a timeline of important events that I should know about? Because there's a lot of fluff from first edition I never read since I started with second
>>
What's some bullshit I can do with misaki in outcasts?
>>
File: How Witchling Thralls are made.png (587KB, 1276x1652px) Image search: [Google]
How Witchling Thralls are made.png
587KB, 1276x1652px
>>51527935
Pretty much
>1901, Kythera closed
>1902 event
You should read the 1st edition rulebooks. They are all in the OP.
>>
Played against neverborn for the first time today, I've been playing for about a year and a half but until now no one in my group bar me used them. It's a really weird feeling coming up against the stuff you normally use yourself and seeing how people use it to totally different ways to you.
>>
File: Burt Jebsen done.jpg (54KB, 800x768px) Image search: [Google]
Burt Jebsen done.jpg
54KB, 800x768px
>>51529404
>It's a really weird feeling coming up against the stuff you normally use yourself and seeing how people use it to totally different ways to you.
It's never happened to me, but I witnessed a good Somer V Wong match recently which was basically both players using their 'back-up' Master.
Interesting to see Somer used almost exclusively for damage output and Wong almost as a killy scheme runner (since the board wasn't being flooded with sumoned Bayou Gremlins).

Seeing two Burt Jebsons on the field gave a couple of people panic attacks though, so there's that to consider.
>>
File: DesertOasis2.jpg (256KB, 723x729px) Image search: [Google]
DesertOasis2.jpg
256KB, 723x729px
List building time!
Opponent declares gremlins.

Standard Deployment
Turf War
Claim Jump, Dig Their Graves, Accusation, Recover Evidence, Tail 'Em

Bonus points :use Misaki, zipp or ironsides
>>
File: Performers.jpg (875KB, 469x350px) Image search: [Google]
Performers.jpg
875KB, 469x350px
>>51530181
>Here's one I prepared earlier:
Arcanists
50ss Crew
Colette Du Bois -- (2+1)ss Cache
+Cabaret Choreography - 2ss
+Shell Game - 1ss
+Arcane Reservoir - 2ss
Mechanical Dove - 2ss
Cassandra - 8ss
+Practiced Production - 1ss
+Smoke And Mirrors - 1ss
Freikorps Trapper - 7ss
Joss - 10ss
Mannequin - 4ss
Oxfordian Mage - 6ss
Performer - 5ss

I'd probably swap out the Oxfordian though, given the amount of terrain.
I don't think I've ever actually played with one.
>>
File: Performer1_zps22ghbih7.jpg (228KB, 1000x770px) Image search: [Google]
Performer1_zps22ghbih7.jpg
228KB, 1000x770px
>>51530181
>>51530337
Deploying North if possible, to avoid losing time crossing the river.

Joss, Cassandra and the Performer, with help as needed, hold the Turf War area.

The Performer and Mannequin drop markers near Joss to score Dig Their Graves.
Drowning in Gremlins should make Accusation fairly easy.

Cassandra's S&M upgrade hopefully lets her push out of combat occasionally to drop an extra marker and the Breath of Fire for kills and space clearing.
Joss is a confirmed kill every turn.
Doves can either help confirm kills/blasts for my hitters, or suicide bomb gremlins (especially useful against Somer, doubly so in high-cover maps like this).

Accusation would be hard to deny, but not easy to score for them either.
Recover Evidence is fine - I'd be tempted to keep spare Doves in the back of the field in case it is declared, and otherwise they're scrapping with Joss and Cassandra for them.
Dig Their Graves means they have to kill 'ard Joss, slippery Cass or Manipulative Performer. AP isn't hard to come by in Gremlin crews, but it's still an expensive VP to score.

Tail 'Em is one I just don't think I can deny, unless the opponent does something dumb like not take it on Joss.
Similarly Claim Jump against Gremlins...
>>
So what was everyone's opinion on ToS?

I live in a fairly large city, and the malifaux scene was pretty cold towards it. Which kind of sucks for Wyrd, but they kind of goofed the launch.
>>
>>51530654
Honestly it seems really overcosted for what you get.
I can understand monopose PVC figures but not what they're charaging
>>
File: Abyssinia.jpg (178KB, 1640x914px) Image search: [Google]
Abyssinia.jpg
178KB, 1640x914px
>>51530654
Basically what >>51530703 said.
Most of the models look OK, barely any look amazing, but they are monopose and at a price point even GW is beginning to lean away from.

Interested to hear how people feel teh KS was goofed, now that it's finished.

I probably wouldn't have backed regardless,but my only real concern was the price - RRP or KS discount, it's almost comically expensive for what it is.
I understand that they're looking to establish an ongoing player/customer base, rather than the common one and done Kickstarter sale, but it's still baffling.
>>
>>51530703
This. Reaper and all those guys who include them with board games pull it off because the figures are cheap with a capital C. The production pictures show that the detail just isn't there. Maybe the unassembled figures that are coming soon will differ. I just can't shell out $120 for one of the starter sets.

I get that they didn't want the Kickstarter to be too big as to encourage retailers, but with them redoing the stretch goals twice it is clear that all did not go as planned.

Still better design and value wise than what Privateer Press does at least. The local henchman seems to like it, so if people actually play it come December then I might check Ebay for people dumping their pledges in order to try the game out.
>>
>>51530654
I really really really don't like working with PVC, the models for their price didn't appeal to me, if I want a large scale dumbed down game I would rather just go play 40k again.

For GW I can kind of pretend that the cost is offset by how easy the models are to modify or just how amazing the sculpts are. With the ToS models I can't say really say either of those things.
>>
>>51530654
Really wanted to like it, but the cost for the quality of the models is too much. If that wasn't the issue, I'd be on it in a heartbeat.
>>
Are there any stories/ fluff of Collodi interacting with literally any other master? Does any other master even know he (it?) exists?
>>
>>51532610
I don't think there is. Same with dreamer
>>
>>51530654
The problem with The Other Side is the cost. Its just TOO expensive for people to get behind. I hope it does well, because I am interested in a larger scale game made by wyrd, but they need to figure out a way to reduce the cost.
>>
>>51532657
Pandora talked to lord chompy bits once I think, can't remember if that was in the 1st edition or 2nd edition stuff though. While technically not Dreamer, its closer than Collodi ever got.

>>51532610
Collodi is so far removed from the 'plot' of malifaux that bringing him up would be super irrelevant and out of place. Which is a shame cuz he's my favourite master.
>>
>>51532657
Dreamer dropped a house on Hamlin
>>
>>51534682
He deserved it
>>
>>51495858
Avatars were the least of 1.x's problems, especially considering the better ones were usually one shittier masters.
>>
>>51534682
Where can I read more about this?
>>
Speaking of Collodi, what are the best effigies to take with him? I know brutal is really good but what about the rest?
>>
>>51537330
I like taking the arcane, handing out discard a card or gain burning to the half dozen puppets you've got orbiting collodi is nice.
>>
>>51537330
Shadow is nice for scheme running if you have the card for it.
>>
>>51530181
50 SS Ten Thunders Crew
Misaki + 6 Pool
- Misdirection (2)
- Stalking Bisento (2)
- Recalled Training (1)
Shang (3)
Sensei Yu (9)
- Wandering River Style (2)
Lust (8)
- Equality (1)
Chiaki The Niece (6)
Wandering River Monk (7)
Ten Thunders Brother (5)

Run around killing people. Probably Claim Jump and Dig.
>>
I pledged for the Dual Commander cause...I guess even after Kingdom Death I still have too much money...
I like the Cult models and the Horde, but only time will tell if I'm actually gonna play it...
>>
File: Arcane_effify_3.jpg (444KB, 800x740px) Image search: [Google]
Arcane_effify_3.jpg
444KB, 800x740px
>>51537377
>Arcane Effigy, handing out discard a card or gain burning to the half dozen puppets you've got orbiting collodi is nice.

It's to "target Master" - am I missing something on Collodi's card?
>>
>>51540853
one of Collodis limited upgrades lets him give out the effigy buff to all puppets within 6
>>
>>51540853
Depending on which upgrade Collodi has he can give his conditions to other puppets or take theirs for himself.
>>
>>51540868
What I like to do with this is take the upgrade that lets puppets take 2 damage to gain fast and then combine this with the brutal effigy and hopefully manage to heal themselves back up whilst doing a decent chunk of damage
>>
I'm running a tourney in a few weeks and flipped this scenario.

Deployment: Close
Strategy: Headhunter
Schemes: Claim Jump, Frame For Murder, Dig Their Graves, Undercover Entourage, Mark for Death

Looks super fun, what would you run for it?
>>
>>51542860
>Headhunter
>Dig Their Graves, Mark for Death
>Frame for Murder

God damn it GG17.
>>
>>51543949
I field Killjoy every game. I see no issue
>>
>>51543949
Isn't it great? Every kill has a hoop to jump through, so indiscriminate carnage is not encouraged.
>>
If you obey your opponents model to kill another one of theirs that they had frame for murder on would they count as belonging to you whilst you're obeying them and therefore give the points for the scheme?
>>
>>51534728
nope
>>
What would you guys recommend for some severe terrain for an urban themed board?
>>
>>51553117
busted down brickworks.
>>
>>51530906
The monopose part is the biggest kick in the dick. Cleaning up even the most passable monopose job is a bigger pain than assembly. And I rather like assembly.

Not to mention the fact that their reasoning is silly. If it's meant to be beginner friendly, why are they unpainted? Assembly is the least scary part of the process.
>>
File: Brewmaster.jpg (44KB, 559x399px) Image search: [Google]
Brewmaster.jpg
44KB, 559x399px
>>51555633
The idea is that nibblets can take it out of the box and immediately play a game.

Alternatively, they are fishing after that sub-section of Warmahordes players that view the hobby part of the hobby as an obstacle between them and Playing Like They've Got A Pair.

So they are actively and intentionally recruiting for the Grey Hordes.

Wyrd used to be a company with a soul.
No more.
>>
>>51547295
Typically, models you Obey still count as an enemy model so Frame For Murder would not score.
>>
File: Zoraida.jpg (79KB, 284x320px) Image search: [Google]
Zoraida.jpg
79KB, 284x320px
>>51556728
I assume there are decently clear FAQs out there for Obey-type interactions?

Things like that seem like an overly common source of confusion.
>>
>>51555953
I'm can share some of my thoughts once my stuff arrives.

I do enjoy assembly, but since Malifaux models don't really come with any options at all, I don't mind them being pre-assembled that much.

I just hope there isn't a lot of grating on the final models, since that is what I do hate about putting a new model together.
>>
>>51558585
Yup, it's in the FAQ and there's a blurb in the rulebook for it. Wording is fairly deliberate on these.
>>
>>51559380
My main issue with the preassembled bit is that filling gap, cleaning mold lines, and most importantly painting is going to be much harder. I can understand wanting to make things beginner friendly, but how many noobs would see $120 as the lowest entry point to be accessible?

As was pointed out they seem to be aiming at the Warmahoredes crowd somewhat, who is used to paying as much for substandard models.
>>
>>51561164
I think with the Dual Commander pledge I made a pretty good deal.
How bad the mold lines will be and how much filling I'd have to do, I will see when the models arrive.
I tend to assamble my models before painting and maybe aside from the Goryschche they all seem pretty easy to asscess all the nooks and crannies.
>>
>>51561427
I'm basing what I say off of photos of the production models of course when it comes to the detail (Or lack thereof), mold lines, and gaps. With figures like Stormsiren you really want to paint bits like the seaweed separately so you aren't threading a needle throughout.

I'm more miffed that they ask so much for preassembled PVC miniatures than anything. Plenty of Kickstarters in recent memory like Mythic Battles and Reaper Bones have been far more generous when it comes to that, while Wyrd is charging prices that wouldn't be out of place with Games Workshops figures.
>>
>>51561873
The prices do seem kinda tight. I guess you don't need more than maybe one or two of the same unit and you don't need to buy multiple boxes for one unit (as would be the case for ork boys) which I think kinda sorta evens it out a bit. But clearly what do I know about money.

And I'm still not sure how much I'm going to support the game after the launch, I just really like the models, and I've fallen for the Malifaux universe quite a bit. Only downside is not being able to play the games...
>>
>>51562371
>Only downside is not being able to play the games...
It depends on the scene I suppose. Some guys in the Malifaux scene where I am at are going to try it, so I am not personally worried about not being able to find people. Your mileage varies of course. Kickstarters spawning actually popular miniatures games is uncommon, but if Wyrd does this right then they can buck the trend as Guild Ball did.
>>
>>51562444
I was thinking of trying my hand at being a henchman. I've got a boardgame pub nearby which I might be able to use as a hub. Just need to put some work into it, is all.
>>
What I could gather from the Ripples of Fate vignettes so far:

>Sonnia, Von Schill and the Dreamer will get new models, either just aestetically or with new rules
>Arcanists and Ten Thunders will get big monsters, a Leviathan and a large Oni respectivly
>Gremlins will get a new unit of riflemen and new pigs
>>
>>51565099
I don't think that the Leviathan will get represented on the table. From the description in 1E Core it sounds way too large to fit on a 50mm base. I can see Lingxuzi getting love however as a big monster guy.
>>
>>51545517
That sound you hear is Titania laughing.
>>
>>51566266
As someone who mainly plays Titana GG17 has been nice
>>
>>51565099
I don't know how new rules for any of those would work, save an upgrade. That said having alt versions of the three would be swell. You can use old or vintage Sonnia to have one without the mask already, but steamborg Von Schill and cricket bat carrying Dreamer would be nice to see.
>>
What is the cheapest website to buy Malifaux figures from? From what I understand Wyrd doesn't cap discounts like Privateer Press.
>>
Tips on playing thunders Brewmaster in the most NPE way possible?
>>
>>51530654
Played a few games of it over vassal today actually, its exactly what I expected and wanted it to be. A simpler Malifaux. I enjoyed it, there wasn't a single rule or mechanic I saw that turned me off of it, and from the games I've played I think its fairly enjoyable. I liked it enough to look forward to my next game at the very least.

All Wyrd needs to do is figure out a way to reduce the costs, because I can buy a 50ss crew, with options, for around 100 Canadian dollars. That amount of money wont let me play a half game of ToS (one of the starter boxes at msrp would cost closer to 160). I backed and got a decent deal, but I'm not sure how much of it I'll end up buying retail on a regular basis, especially since I play other games.

Idk, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
>>
>>51555953
It's almost like they are going for a completely different crowd instead of cannibalizing their existing one.
>>
>>51571176
But that sounds like some kind of smart business decision. Why would a business attempt to make one of those?
>>
>>51570355
Bring Lust and Yin and spend as many AP as you can binging away your opponent's hand.
>>
>>51571176
>It's almost like they are going for a completely different crowd instead of cannibalizing their existing one.
>>51561164
>but how many noobs would see $120 as the lowest entry point to be accessible?

I think it's completely insane that the lowest pledge was over $100.
Even if they just did a two squad, one commander pledge, being clear that it was too little to play a full game with, I think the Kickstarter would have gained a hell of a lot more traction - maybe not made as much money, but had a far greater number of invested players from day one.

>>51561164
>filling gap, cleaning mold lines... is going to be much harder.
Apparently cleaning mold lines is a complete bitch, as it's too soft to scrape, but soft enough to accidentally take a chunk out if you try to cut the lines away.

>>51565099
>>51569591
I was unsure, but from talking to Warmahordes players at the local I think that Veterans or new generations or whatever could be a pretty good idea.
Probably hideous to balance around though, unless the rules changes are quite minor - in which case why bother?
>>
>>51570272
Monkey Sword Games is pretty cheap.

>>51570355
Yin, Lust, Yu for double drinking contest. Give everything neg flips.
>>
I'm going to start outcasts as my next faction after playing exclusively neverborn for years, what am I in for?
Alternatively; favorite outcast master and why
>>
>>51547295
They'd score nothing.
If you obey their henchman to kill your frame for murder target, you score 3 points. It's great.
>>
>>51573347
>it's too soft to scrape, but soft enough to accidentally take a chunk out if you try to cut the lines away.
I have experienced this way to often with Bones figures and some historicals. I hope to see them do something different with the unassembled release, but for all I know those will be in PVC as well.
>>
>>51495699
Objectively incorrect. What cause the game to be shit was teams capable of scoring the full 8 vp on their first activation, endless companion chains, and an incredibly painful power imbalance.

>>
>>51577446
Lots of good models with low Df.

My favorite is Jack because Soon.
>>
>>51526146
>hard to keep up with
>hasn't opened up the newest book
>>
I've seen and held the pvc they're using for these. It is NOT the same thing as bones minis. I wish they didn't call it PVC because the plastic is so different than normal PVC that everyone is getting the wrong idea. This is the second biggest fuck up they've had with this launch (the first being to go up against Kingdom Death).
>>
>>51579094
Bones isn't PVC though, it is a polymer material. I imagine that as far as the PVC goes it is more similar to board game figures and the few Malifaux PVC figures.
>>
>>51579230
It's similar to the malifaux figures, but firmer.
>>
Its the same shit they made aionus and the tortoise and hare box out of, no? they say they've improved the quality (which we wont know for certain until I can hold the things in my hand) but if its of that quality I don't think its really that much worse than their other models. Slightly more difficult to clean? A bit. But I don't think the quality drop is that apparent (though that comes down to opinion).

Now the buy-in is a fucking joke. I can start playing warmachine or hordes for $40 with the battleboxes, I can grab a GW start collecting for 80. I can build a decent 50SS crew for 100. dropfleet, dropzone, infinity, guild ball, x-wing, armada. You can get started in all of these games for less than $100. I don't think ToS will be any more expensive than any other game, but throwing a $125 price tag on the minimum you need to buy in order to start isn't going to attract a lot of prospective players. Granted, getting a full force won't be too bad, especially when you compare it to the price of getting to point where you can play 'full' games for plenty of other games (40k being the easiest target), but a game needs players to START in order to be successful.

I hope it does well because Wyrd make a good rules set, and more games with one of those is always preferred, but I don't see this taking off with the buy-in as it is.
>>
>>51582745
You can't play warmahordes for $40. The starter, yeah, but it's a 0 point game. Out of 75.
>>
>>51582775
I know, but the BUY-IN is low. ToS isn't any more expensive than any other miniatures game of its scale, but as far as the absolute 'first purchase' is concerned its far more money.
>>
File: Infiltrator_Back.png (555KB, 639x685px) Image search: [Google]
Infiltrator_Back.png
555KB, 639x685px
>>51582745
My issue is with the soft detail. I could understand them asking the same price for squads of hard plastic, metal, or resin guys, but they are going with this material instead which just isn't a good value. It's a lot of wasted opportunity IMO.
>>
>>51530654
An overpriced spinoff too similar to the main game to deserve to exist
>>
What are some good mercenaries or models in outcasts to lower wp? I'm going to try an aggressive Tara bury list
>>
>>51577446
>what am I in for

Mercenaries are mercenary accessories in one half of the faction, basically ressers in the other half of the faction, and then Hamelin.

Seriously Outcasts have an identity problem. Viks, Schill, and Misaki have a merc theme going and can be played with the usual Outcast goodstuff. Sue, Johan, Big Jake, our effigy, and the trapper and the librarian can go in like every Outcast list, but the staple models will make up more of your lsit with the merc masters since they don't have as many out of faction options competing for spots.

Meanwhile Levi, Daw, and Tara can all hire or summon out of faction models and most of those models are ressers (plus death marshals, the C7, papa loco, and however many robots you want to play with Iron Levi). They're harder to start collecting as a result, but personally more interesting than the merc masters.

Finally, Hamelin is the odd man out in a faction of odd men out. The faction staples still work well with him, but he mostly brings rats and one or two heavy hitter (A&D and Killjoy are both popular choices).
>>
>>51585379
Montresor has a -wp aura, with his new upgrade he's meant to be pretty good too.
>>
>>51585628
Awesome, I'll check him out
>>
>>51585584
The three masters I'm most interested in are Hamelin, Jack and the Viks, nice to know i'll have some variety.
Are there any schemes/Strats that between those 3 masters I'll have issues with?
>>
>>51585669
He also got changed with the errata. This coupled with his zero cost upgrade makes him pretty good.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.