[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good mecha game system? I was suggested Mekton

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: mekton_zeta.jpg (217KB, 600x775px) Image search: [Google]
mekton_zeta.jpg
217KB, 600x775px
What's a good mecha game system? I was suggested Mekton Zeta, but it's way too crunchy for my GM.
>>
>>51489230
Battle Century G.

I also had success running a mech game in Strike!.
>>
I wish I knew. Every mecha system I've ever played has either been overly clunky and mechanically overbearing or too light and utterly unsatisfying.
>>
>>51489246
Do you have a link, brother?
>>
>>51489306
Battle Century G is up for free, a google away.

Strike! : sendspace.com/file/2fuwd4
>>
>>51489356
All I get is he's charging money for them.
>>
>>51489246
This. I ran a Gundam Build Fighters knockoff campaign using BCG, I can confirm it's actually good.
Actually buy the book and the Z expansion, it's great. Especially if you're a GM, the full books have parts the SRD doesn't
>>
>>51489405
Can you tell me a little about it before I throw money at it?
>>
>>51489526
If you really can't decide, look for it in one of the pdf troves. It should be there.
>>
>>51489526
Basic dice mechanic is a d10+stat, characters and mecha are built in largely the same way and mecha improve at the same rate as your character (XP is given to both at the same time). How much damage you deal to an enemy is determined by how much you beat their Defense score by instead of a separate roll, meaning weapons are more defined by their special rules than how big they are.
Also the advantage/disadvantage system from 5e is implemented: you can roll more than two dice for something, but past a certain number it's better to trade them in for flat bonuses.
Just look on his blog for the SRDs, he's "gimmicklabs" on Blogspot
>>
>>51489230
Chris Perrin's Mecha RPG might be too simple, but it's not too crunchy. I got it awhile ago in a digital bundle.
Pilots have four stats, mecha have four stats, you choose how your mech is piloted by deciding how each pilot stat is paired with which mecha action.
The game session is structured so each pilot gets a spotlight scene out of the mech, before the session ends with a mecha fight (that utilizes an abstract battle quadrant for relative range/area).
Its not going to suit everyone, but its a suggestion.
>>
>>51489230
Mekton Zeta too crunchy. WAHAHAHA!!!
>>
>>51489734
Sounds good.

If I buy them off his website instead of DTRPG are they still watermarked?
>>
>>51489818
The bullseye battlemap makes having a speedy mech entirely fucking pointless. Chris Perrin is a fucking imbecile.

>>51489939
>lol MZ is too crunchy for this PLEB
>what is the artillery rules
>what is the hideous mess under "mecha construction"
>what is Interlock as a whole

>>51490045
Yes, but only with your name and order number in the bottom right. Print copies are clean.
>>
Bumping for BCG. I've run it three times and played it twice, it's my favorite mech game.
>>
Battle Century G was the successor to Giant Guardian Generation or something, right?

Was it better? I tried running GGG in the early days, and it was kinda shitty for me and my group. The combat wasn't particularly engaging, the customisation wasn't particularly meaningful and it was just generally a bit of a damp squib of a system.
>>
Adeptus Evangelion Borderline dropped a new version the other day you might want to look at.
>>
>>51490389
Wait, what now?

Link?
>>
Heavy Gear
Jovian Chronicles
Silcore
>>
>>51490932

How does that Silcore system hold up these days?
>>
>>51490132
>>what is Interlock as a whole
Still far simpler than just about every game that passes for professionally designed. Suggest stepping back to Mekton 2 if you can find it. Don't dive into the ACS and you'll be fine.
>>
>>51489230

If he thinks that is crunchy I would love to see his head explode trying to use the Hero System.
>>
>>51493217

>Hero System
>Not Phoenix Command
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.