[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Avast, /tg/! Do you guys know of any systems specifically made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: SkeletonPirate.jpg (69KB, 350x622px) Image search: [Google]
SkeletonPirate.jpg
69KB, 350x622px
Avast, /tg/! Do you guys know of any systems specifically made for running adventure on the high seas in the age of sail? Not GURPS, please.
>>
>>51482935
There's 7th Sea, but it's "swashbuckling and sorcery," so it might not be what you're looking for, if you're going for a historical setting.
>>
>>51483132
Almost anything would work, desu. I'll check it out. I think that historical would be good, but I could fall back on GURPS if I absolutely had to.
>>
all flesh must be eaten had a pirates book iirc
>>
>>51482935
Not that I am not totally into the sudden surge of interest, but we have had 5 threads in as many days, back to back.

Doesn't anyone check the archives?

PDF is the newest edition of 7th Sea's quick start. Mind, as anon said, its for cinematic fantasy swashbuckling, not historic accuracy.
>>
OP what you want is Dungeon World

It's pretty much objectively one of the best currently out there. It has fast easy to use mechsnics and is perfect for beginners, it's a lot cheaper than most of these other rules bloated systems that cost fifty dollars. There is no reason for extra rules when it is he role playing that matters. Dungeon World is fast and innovative and still feels exactly like the spirit of ADND before DnD 3.5 destroyed the hobby and ruined a generation of role players.

You want fast, intuitive combat? Dungeon World does that.

You want real, deep roleplaying mechanics? Dungeon World does that.

You want great mechanics that reward diversity of play? Dungeon World does that as well.

My last session of Dungeon World my human fighter wrapped a vampire in a bear hug and wrestled him out a window. This is real roleplaying we are talking about here, not babby 3.5 shit. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Dungeon World today, it is an evolution and perfection of the half-formed ideas in Apocalypse World (the game it is derived from)
>>
>>51485258
Thanks, anon. Coolio.
>>
>>51483132
>>51484738
This thing seems to be so abstract you can run literally everything and won't notice any difference.
>>
There are a lot of d20 pirate games. Even 3.5 had Stormwrack.
Pirates of the Spanish Main is a Savage Worlds game for pirates.
Blacksand for Advanced Fighting Fantasy introduced all the rules for ships and blackpowder weapons, etc.
>>
>>51485688
It also winds up basically being a game of mother-may-I with the DM.

2nd edition 7th Sea misses the entire spirit of 1st edition 7th Sea.
>>
File: 7thS.jpg (132KB, 1476x635px) Image search: [Google]
7thS.jpg
132KB, 1476x635px
>>51485688
>>51486273
Yeah, but keep in mind this is both
*An early beta of the rules as a quickstart with the intention of feedback
*Pretty light on the fluff as of now.

Personally, WHFRP 2ndEd, is my go-to system for gritty pirate adventure, and 7th Sea 1st ed with all the errata for cinematic games. I have yet to try the 2nd edition.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.