[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If your favorite setting(s) has their equivalent of The Enquirer,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

If your favorite setting(s) has their equivalent of The Enquirer, what sort of articles would it contain?
>>
>>51476884

Gossip about the noble houses, lurid stories about the REAL reason such-and-such planet's interdicted, strange tales from the frontier, I married an alien, crap like that.
The government doesn't crack down on them because they're a good way to discredit stories that paint the government in a bad light -- let 'em be printed in the rags, but disappear them from respectable media outlets.
Are you REALLY going to believe the Duke's got financial ties to organized crime, buddy? Right next to the story about the ancient economist cyborg unearthed on our moon who told everyone how to get rich?
>>
>>51476884
>This week in oh yea! magazine.
NO HERESY WHATSOEVER.
>>
>>51476884
>Wizard kills warlord's wife and vanishes without a trace!

>What the underground kingdom of drow and dragonborn are REALLY up to!

>The Empress meeting with a mysterious cleric?

>Inside the terrifying true secrets of noble politics!

>Serial killing shapeshifter replaces pawn owner, killed by heroes!
>"He had a grip that drained the life out of me," civilian rescued says.
>>
>>51477111

I gotta make fantasy broadsheet rags a thing in my games.
>>
>>51476884
>Shapeshing Dragon marries into Noble House!
>"I married Krokarukurogar the Red Death and I love him."
>>
>THE DIVINER

>Miracle potion will make you look three centuries younger!

>IT'S OVER! Simbul leaves Elminster for GOOD!
>The tears! The begging
>A magical mansion full of conjured nymphs!
>Exclusive paintings inside!

>10 ways to counter summoned monsters!
>#7 will SHOCK you!

>"MY BABY WAS BORN UNDEAD!"
>Skeleton baby LIVES!
>>
>>51476884
I'd imagine in certain settings where literacy is not expected or where multiple languages are present (specifically a noble and common tongue) there could be headline socratic humor (I can't remember if that is the right term). It could be that the illiterate will look at the pictures but there could exist written jokes about the literate looking at those pictures, or that there could be articles or comics a low language with socratic commentary in high language.

Also
>THE PAGE FIVE WENCH
>>
>>51477191
There's a discworld book about this exact thing.

"The Truth" has the Ankh-Mopork Inquirer which is a gossip rag which, as per the editor of the Ankh-Mopork times, writes "Olds" and "Pisses in the fountain of truth".
>>
>>51476884
It already has. It contain articles like "Inside Tom's HOUSE OF HORRORS!", "Paula Deens DIET LIES!", "Bruce catches Kris with her EX-LOVER!" and stupid shit like that.
>>
>>51481507
What a sick sad world.
>>
File: I understood that reference.gif (884KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
I understood that reference.gif
884KB, 500x269px
>>51483745
>>
File: tmp_15066-d00-675085360.png (227KB, 600x515px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15066-d00-675085360.png
227KB, 600x515px
>>51478971

>Born undead

Dare I ask, how does that even work? Inb4 pic related
>>
>>51486546
A miscarriage is still moving around, regardless of it's mortality.
>>
>>51486546
You think the Enquirer gives a shit about how the things it makes up work?
>>
>The Message in a Bottle

>Loved by LaCroix! Catch and release of noble ladies by the sea dog HIMSELF!

>Entire buccaneer fleet DESTROYED! Port Royal Governess, "Worst day of my fucking life."

>Gallows RETURNS FROM THE DEAD! 5 useful tips from Davy Jones' Locker!

>English HATE HIM! Spaniard magnate hauls more treasure than he knows what to do with!
>>
>>51481456
It's probably my favourite book.
>>
>>51481456
>The truth shall make ye fret
>>
>>51476884
"Why are so many human women giving birth no nonhuman things!?"
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.