[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will physical card games survive the online card game invasion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Will physical card games survive the online card game invasion?

>literally 61% of CCG players are digital now
>earned almost twice as much
>yet, we still got the terrible Magic:Online client

"Digital collectible card games (CCGs) will earn $1.4B in 2017E. Digital players account for 61% of the CCG audience thanks to digital CCGs’ greater accessibility than their physical counterparts."
>>
>>51475955
Source: https://www.superdataresearch.com/market-data/digital-card-games/
>>
As long as there are people who want to hold physical cards.
>>
>>51475955
Maybe?
That's not really a suoer-relevant statistic to bring up, though, since digital card games aren't competing with real card games, they're competing with other vidya and mobile games.
>>
>>51476003
Seconding. By being played through the internet it's totally different. On the internet capable device, it's competing with everything else the user could do on that device, whereas a physical card game would be competing against all other forms of physical entertainment. Personally, I think we will get a melding of them of sorts with all physical purchases being redeemable online.
>>
It's not like 61% of players being online necessarily means only 39% of players are paper. There's certainly going to be some overlap there.
>>
Yes, because certain things will never fade away fully. There'll always be a market that is profitable enough for a certain size of operations and somebody will fill that niche.
Few things speak harder to human nature and greed than collectible gubbins. At worst games that have mechanics that are complicated or impossible to emulate digitally (like Magic's priority system) get replaced by games that are more easily digitalized (like Pokémon for example).
I still fear that day.
>>
File: fgsfds.jpg (70KB, 433x461px) Image search: [Google]
fgsfds.jpg
70KB, 433x461px
>>51475955
so what's the overlap between the audiences?
61% total players using digital doesn't really matter that much if there's also 80% still using paper, it just means most of those are playing both digitally and physically
>>
>>51475955
>it's impossible to play both digital and physical card games.
>>
>>51475955
The godawful state of MTGO is because WotC is a bunch of jews who think they can pay jackshit for programmers and get a functional product.
As it turns out, cheap programmers gets you cheap work and a trash product.

Magic is actually really damn easy to convert to computer logic thanks to the CR laying it all out already, so all they really need to do is hire a dozen competent grad students for a summer and one guy who knows UIs and networking. But again, jews.
>>
>>51476309
The priority/response system needs a proper way worked out, but other than that, yes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.