[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could the Sisters of Silence turn off the WAAAAGH!!, thus disabling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

Could the Sisters of Silence turn off the WAAAAGH!!, thus disabling the Ork technology?
>>
>>51475438

No.

WAAAGH isn't a warp-based power/phenomena.
>>
>>51475472
False. It's a Warp based power and in the Beast Series the Sisters of Silence were deployed to great effect to silence the Waaagh! effect.

>>51475438
Yes but not all Ork tech will be disabled. The ones that would still work would be less effective (by the standards of Orks).
>>
>>51475472

Waaagh is still a psychic phenomenon. And SoS are supposed to nullify those.

My guess would still be no tho, since, as proven in "Master of Mankind", sisiter's null power can be overcome by sheer numbers of warp creatures. And since Waaagh effect is only achieved via overwhelming numbers it is either a case of not being able to counter it not having anything to counter at all.

Good question OP.
>>
>>51475530
So, practically they only work against Weirdboyz, as a 'Silencer' for them to not explode?
>>
Remember when shit like the WAAAGH! was supplemental to the Orks and the setting? When most of their tech was perfectly functional and the psychic gestalt was just speculated to help out and supply know-how?
I fucking miss the times when people weren't just memeing everything to death.
>>
>>51475592

That too, but I guess they would stop some of the Waaagh effects, like red vehicles going faster or other Orkish bullshit, but they wouldn't suddenly make a Gargagant's guns ripp it apart with recoil.
>>
File: ork tech.jpg (63KB, 546x714px) Image search: [Google]
ork tech.jpg
63KB, 546x714px
Ye' git, cannut stup da WAAAAAAGGGHH!
>>
File: 1483722591219.png (4KB, 220x175px) Image search: [Google]
1483722591219.png
4KB, 220x175px
>>51476928
>Thermometer
I did not expect this one.
>>
>>51475472
warp-based = psychic = warp-based = psychic = warp-based
>>
>>51475438
They likley can, but there aren't enough SoS to make a big enough dent in an Ork army for it to be a viable tactic..
>>
File: 1449203146747.jpg (197KB, 938x750px) Image search: [Google]
1449203146747.jpg
197KB, 938x750px
>>51475438
Can Necrons actually disable the Waaagh? Iirc they even had that one Apocalypse formation with Monoliths that created a giant null-field between them. Could Necron technology disable a big Waaagh?
>>
>>51475714
>I fucking miss the times when people weren't just memeing everything to death.

Those were good times
>>
>>51475438
The new hit musical!

Silence Man: Turn Off The WAAAAGH!
>>
>>51475438
In the new BL book about the War of the Beast they did just that - using an ork wierdboy to channel the energies of nosoul to kill 10m tall ork warboss along with anyone green around.
LIBERATE TUTAME EX INFERIS!
>>
File: bane3.jpg (88KB, 666x498px) Image search: [Google]
bane3.jpg
88KB, 666x498px
>>51475714
>>51481108
>>
>>51475438
Ork technology doesn't work like that. In Rogue Trader, 2nd Ed and Gorkamorka, they clearly know what they're doing. They go out of their way to explain that "red ones go fasta" is a result of poor orks not being able to afford red paint probably also couldn't afford the best maintenance, tires, engine, etc.

The "must use psychic magic" thing was a hypothesis from an old codex, where an imperial scholar was studying recovered (damaged and abandoned) ork weapons and couldn't figure out how they worked. This is coming from someone who believes that lighting incense will help your gun shoot straighter.

But since no one at GW talks to each other about anything and each book / codex / piece of fluff is built in a vacuum, the "psychic orks" meme wins out because no one at GW cares enough to read the old stuff, just copy-paste the new.

Having said that, shutting down the Waaagh energy would make them less effective combatants, it would basically prevent them from getting hyped up, not to mention absolutely disabling wyrdboys.
>>
>>51475592

They were used in the Beast series in conjunction with Weirdboyz. They captured one and deprived it of the WAAAGH! field and trapped it in a Null box, then they unleashed it into the heart of the WAAAGH!.

Since Weirdboyz are like sponges for the WAAAGH! that suck up energy and discharge it like a tesla coil, the Weirdboy was suddenly confronted with a MASSIVE amount of WAAAGH! all at once and sucked up so much into such a concentrated area that he terminated in a massive psychic explosion after draining a huge amount of WAAAGH! off the Orks around him.

Best laid plans in 40k often go awry, but if you somehow manage to play by the setting's stupid rules, it can sometimes work in a spectacularly stupid way.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.