[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> join with D&D group through mutual friend > friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: _house_mouth.jpg (23KB, 433x425px) Image search: [Google]
_house_mouth.jpg
23KB, 433x425px
> join with D&D group through mutual friend
> friend is only person I know in the group
> DM is new to me as well
> start playing
> we get to a battle with a few bandits
> Dm isn't expecting this
> he says "uhh... hold on a second... I have to roll up their stats"
> starts rolling 3d6 and scribbling numbers on paper
> ask him wtf he's doing
> "well the bandits aren't going to all be exactly the same, are they?"
> say no, decide to wait this one out.
> 15 minutes later he is finished
> "ok roll for intiative"
> he does a separate roll for each of the 6 bandits
> later, we go into town
> try to buy things
> he asks us which specific shops we go to and reads off a huge list of like ten
> tell him which one
> he shuffles between sheets
> decide to buy six daggers to replenish a few we lost since we were throwing some across a chasm
> "uhh he only has five daggers in stock right now, but check back later he might have more."
> catch a glimpse of his sheet
> he literally has inventory for the entire weapons shop listen on his paper.
> turns out the guy has named all the local guards and what shifts they have
> as well as the specific menus of the dozen inns in town
> this is only one city, out of dozens in his world
> mfw he still makes us wait while he rolls up random stats for every fucking bandit we meet

Anyone else encountered this level of autism?
>>
Imagine if that DM turned his autism for good and used it to worldbuild instead of do dumb shit...
>>
>>51465276
Send him a link to an MM.
>>
>Anyone else encountered this level of autism?

Only the exaxt opposite.

>join new group
>first session
>"You just arrived at an inn and you're all tired. You go to sleep."
>no rolls, just "Uh... you are ambushed at night while sleeping and taken prisoner by bandits. All your stuff is gone."
>"They take you into the woods."
>one player says he attempts to loosen the rope he's tied up with
>no rolls, just "Uh... one bandit notices and knocks you out."
>still no rolls, just "Suddenly, another group attacks the bandits and you manage to escape."
>he places a stack of cardboard tiles representing trails through woodland on the table and lays out a branching path
>we pick a route at random
>he picks the tiles up and lays out a new path
>we do the same
>repeat
>repeat
>repeat
>"Uh... I'm out of ideas. Sorry."
>>
>>51465276
>Anyone else encountered this level of autism?

Are you talking about yourself too, OP? Because not being able to step in and in a friendly polite manner suggest to the DM that it's better to abstract things like shop inventories and guard patrols, well that strikes me as your group having autismally bad communication skills.
>>
Whenever I read stories like these I can't help but imagine a bunch of little children first getting into the hobby in grade school...

But then I remember that these are probably either college-aged kids or grown men.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.