[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get a dice shopping thread? I want some tiny dice (of all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ss (2017-01-29 at 02.07.02).png (45KB, 137x183px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-01-29 at 02.07.02).png
45KB, 137x183px
Can I get a dice shopping thread? I want some tiny dice (of all flavors), but Chessex only makes the tiny d6's as far as I'm aware. And I go to thinking: is Chessex even the best place for dice in general? I really only know of them and game science.

What're some lesser known high tier places to buy dice from. Tell me your brand loyalties, /tg/
>>
>>51461729
Chessex's biggest competition is Wiz Dice. Quality wise, either are about the same, though Chessex are a bit larger and Wiz Dice can be slightly cheaper. Also they orient the numbers on d4s differently; Chessex has the upright number at the vertex of the die, Wiz Dice at the base.

I don't know that either makes mini polyhedral dice.
>>
>>51461729
>>51463278
One way in which the two companies go head-to-head is with their respective grab-bags, the Chessex Pound o' Dice versus the Wiz Dice 100+ pack. Both come with one guaranteed matched set of 7 dice, and then a 'random' assortment. I've bought one of each, myself. The Wiz Dice came with 9 complete sets of 7 dice plus the guaranteed one, making for 10 complete sets total, plus a bunch that were nearly complete. Also the guaranteed set came in a faux-velvet bag. Apparently that's unusually low for Wiz Dice; most reviewers report getting 13 or more complete sets.

The Chessex Pound came with one complete set in addition to the guaranteed one, which came in a plain brown envelope, and as for the rest the breakdown was 4 d12s, 7d4s, 8d20s, 8 mini d6s with pips, 6d6s (standard size) with pips, 12 d6s with numerals, 10d8s, and 33(!)d10s. And also a big translucent d8 and d12 with un-inked numbers and sharp corners.

So if you were ever thinking about buying either, I'd recommend the Wiz Dice 100+ pack if you wanted to outfit several people with standard 7 dice sets, or the Chessex Pound if you wanted a shitload of d10s and d6s and don't care at all about matching sets.
>>
I bought fifty d6s for five bucks at the fucking Dollar Store. Whereas my dumbass friend shelled out twenty bucks for pic related. I will never understand my fellow gamers' urge to waste money. Dice are such a racket it's unbeleivable. Some of these fuckers spend 20 or 30 bucks on a single set of dice that are metal and most DMs will ban them because they scratch up the fucking table.
>>
File: 81N8Kcihm0L._SL1500_.jpg (298KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81N8Kcihm0L._SL1500_.jpg
298KB, 1125x1500px
>>51463787
forgot pic
>>
>>51463805
>Not using coasters like a normal human being
>>
>>51463787
>fifty d6s for five bucks
Sometimes you need some more variation in dice than a d6
>>
>>51463805
>>51463787
The Pound o' D6s is a ripoff, yeah. That reminds me of another thing, I've heard a lot of stories of people ordering the Pound o' Dice and getting the Pound o' D6s in the mail instead. They say Chessex is good about correcting it if you let them know, but it's still a persistent problem.
>>
>>51463959
Anon, expand the picture he posted. That's the Chessex Pound of D6s, not the Pound of Dice. Those are all d6s, no variation.
>>
>>51463660
How are the variations and colors? Not knowing anything about either deal, it would be easier to complete ssets if you only have a few variations, whereas if you had 20 colors and styles, good luck on matching sets.
>>
Are there wooden dice sets? I searched quite long but the only wooden dice I could find were d6s.
I think the big companies really miss potential there
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.