[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/, I wanna try and get a group of my friends (4 of them)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: d20.jpg (81KB, 600x586px) Image search: [Google]
d20.jpg
81KB, 600x586px
Hey /tg/, I wanna try and get a group of my friends (4 of them) into an RPG but none of them have any knowledge of RPGs other than it has dice with more/less than 6 sides and its mostly in a fantasy setting. I myself am also a bit new (only played like 5 pathfinder sessions with online acquaintances. Any tips to convince them/how to correctly play with noobs as a noob. It would probably be some level 1 premade adventyure dnd oneshot just to get them to learn.
PS: Sorry for being a newfag
>>
Plenty of free dice apps for smartphone users with all sorts of dice to roll. If you are planning on DMing and aren't great with descriptions I would say to use a grid if you plan to an encounter. You could also just do theater of the mind which is easiest but can get a little confusing. As far as playing correctly I have found 5e pdfs for free online I just googled them. I think the Dungeon Masters Guide might be too and that will help a lot. If you feel like it's something you would get into for sure grab a D&D starter kit from your local board game shop or Amazon they are like $20 might be just what you need. Comes with dice, a premade adventure, and some rules I believe.
>>
>>51449773

figuring how you want to explain PnP RPGs to your friends and figuring out what about them may appeal to your friends is probably a good idea.

I didn't find pathfinder/3.5 to be particularly use friendly when I was new (come to think of it I still don't).
>>
bumpity bump
>>
The 5e starter set is designed specifically for you.

It comes with a premade adventure, example characters, slimmed down rules to make it easy and quick to learn, and a set of dice.

At about $20, that's not a bad price for an introduction to the game, and beyond that all you might want to do is buy the core rulebooks later if you don't just download the PDFs, and maybe pick up some more dice. You can get a $20 bag of Wizkids dice off of amazon, and that's likely more dice than you or your friends will ever need.
>>
File: Dungeon-World-388x220.jpg (38KB, 388x220px) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon-World-388x220.jpg
38KB, 388x220px
>>51458005
no

>>51449773
OP what you want is Dungeon World

It's pretty much objectively one of the best currently out there. It has fast easy to use mechsnics and is perfect for beginners, it's a lot cheaper than most of these other rules bloated systems that cost fifty dollars. There is no reason for extra rules when it is he role playing that matters. Dungeon World is fast and innovative and still feels exactly like the spirit of ADND before DnD 3.5 destroyed the hobby and ruined a generation of role players.

You want fast, intuitive combat? Dungeon World does that.

You want real, deep roleplaying mechanics? Dungeon World does that.

You want great mechanics that reward diversity of play? Dungeon World does that as well.

My last session of Dungeon World my human fighter wrapped a vampire in a bear hug and wrestled him out a window. This is real roleplaying we are talking about here, not babby 3.5 shit. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Dungeon World today, it is an evolution and perfection of the half-formed ideas in Apocalypse World (the game it is derived from)
>>
>>51458470
>copypasta trolling

Really? You're still doing this? It's kind of sad and pathetic at this point.
>>
>>51458607
> play D&D 5e!
> yeah totally, even though it's a broken, flawed, boring 3.5 clone!

> play dungeon world!
> nope you're clearly just trolling.
>>
>>51458969
>post the same old trolling copypasta
>get called out on it
>make a bigger fool of yourself

Are you even trying to have this argument? Why? You know what, rhetorical question, don't bother adding to your embarrassment.
>>
>>51459051
>>51459051

> recommends D&D instead of dungeon world

Your entire game system is an embarassment.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.