[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So has anyone ever asked their s.o. to marry them through dming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1438169770747.gif (208KB, 354x534px) Image search: [Google]
1438169770747.gif
208KB, 354x534px
So has anyone ever asked their s.o. to marry them through dming a game? Care to share stories if you have?

Also, would it be a dick move to kill her character in this game, due to a tactical error on her part? I know I'm trying to get her to marry me, but crucial mistakes should be punished.
>>
>>51449440
Just ask her to marry you, dude. You don't need to incorporate this shit into it.
>>
>>51449474
But I like her more when she's in character.
>>
>>51449440
You could always send your superior officer a letter asking for a requisition of theor hand in marriage, but I think that violates fratenization laws.
>>
>>51449489
then maybe you shouldn't marry her
>>
File: kl2p5xw7jk3y.png (3MB, 1280x2214px) Image search: [Google]
kl2p5xw7jk3y.png
3MB, 1280x2214px
>>51449502
I still like her when she's her. But she's a really cute elf mage.
>>
>>51449440
You would be playing favourites by not killing her character.
>>
>>51449489
>then she is not the one for you.
>inb4 obvious trolls
>>
>>51449495
>superior officer joke
Damn you beat me to it
>>
>>51449495
Kek. But seriously, OP. Marriage is a serious thing and should be approached like a business merger. There is no place for romanticism. That comes later. Do your due diligence, protect your assets and negotiate your prenup. Have the agreements notarized and deposited in safekeeping. As in any adventure, have an exit plan. Also, DO NOT do stupid public marriage proposal unless she had said yes in private. You'll look like even more of a desperate loser.
>>
>>51449675
Who wouldn't get a prenup? It would be silly not to. You gotta be adults.
>>
>>51449707
Prenups aren't upheld in court, in many US states.
>>
>>51449730
That's gay.
>>
>>51449732
No, gay marriage is upheld in court in many US states.

My wife insisted we do not get a prenup, actually. Really into that "what's mine is yours" thing.
She is richer than me by several orders of magnitude
>>
>>51449765
Kek.

Mine is too. Highfive!
I believe if she had any major assets or things, she should have the right to protect them should something happen. Doesn't it also deal with things in case of death as well?
>>
>>51449440
That's strange and creepy and you should feel bad for suggesting it.
Best case scenario, you make a show of being weird to your entire group.
Worst case scenario, she doesn't notice what you're trying to do.

>would it be a dick move to kill her character in this game,
>due to a tactical error on her part?
Give NO ONE special treatment while you GM. No exceptions.
>>
>>51449788
A prenup would hinder inheritance, not smooth it over. In the case of marriage, the property is considered joint and therefore not legally registered as a transfer of any kind. Not a gift. Not a taxable estate. If anything it would be comparable to a trust with two trustees, one of whom is still living, and the trust continues operating normally.

Speaking of which we probably SHOULD form a trust for eligible assets and at some point name some beneficiaries to receive trusteeship in the event of our mutual demise. Otherwise it could end up in probate.

As for her rights, she was pretty explicit about signing them away. But if I do something dishonorable I would like to think I would retain my view that these assets are fundamentally hers.
>>
>>51449440
>I know I'm trying to get her to marry me, but crucial mistakes should be punished.
I'm the most forgiving of men, however... certain standards must be maintained.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.