[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /tg/ I'm planning on running a space game but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (6KB, 320x157px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 320x157px
So /tg/ I'm planning on running a space game but I'm not sure what system to use. I've played Star Wars and Eclipse Phase before but I'm more interested in running a Original setting. Mostly because I think my favorite Sci-fi franchises have that "fish out of water" feel to them like Farscape. Basically I want the players to have to explore a new setting without knowing anything about it. So what do you guys like to run for space games and do you have any advice for them.
>>
>>51442279
You should check out Traveller.
>>
>>51442279
Give us more details on your setting Anon, that stuff really matters.
>>
>>51442279
>fish out of water
Stat them in one system, tell them it's that system, but run them in another.
>>
>>51442361
Epic.
>>
>>51442315
Well I like combat a lot so something with a robust combat system would be nice. I guess I just don't know whats out there for non-franchise space rpgs.
>>
>>51442456
I'm asking more about the history of your setting. Tell me about the planets the governments, are all the aliens Giants like in Macross?

For the most part, here seem to be the more common suggestions:

More down to Earth type stuff might be good in Traveler.

If you've got a Science Fantasy feel you are aiming for, Star Wars is good. You might want to hide the system from your players and ask them what type of characters they want to be in your setting, though.

If you want OSR IN SPESS then there is always Stars Without Number, but you might want to start at level 3.

I want to check out Titan's Grave. I think there's a Podcast of them using it.

Starfinder, from the people who made Pathfinder, is coming out. I don't trust the pedigree, but I did like the stuff that came up in their Livestream. It is on YouTube if you want to check it out.
>>
>>51442534
Well I guess my players will be astronauts who are part of a first wave colony ship, sent to determine if a planet is habitable. They get stuck in stasis/chroyo and get found by an alien resistance to a multisystem empire. The resistance once to use that humans as mercenary fighters, since the humans belong to no known race the empire can't target specific people to counter attack. I guess I want the game to be about capturing tech, upgrading base, and looking for a way back to earth. Races are not fully fleshed out though one of the main resistance races I had been working on was a plant race.
>>
>>51442706
Any special abilities? Or is it mostly just going to be guns and blasters?
>>
>>51442780
Customizable mechs or exo armor would be cool. I guess Psionics are cool too as long as its not just rehashed magic.
>>
>>51442279
D6 Space. Bonus: it's free.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/20447/D6-Space?it=1
>>
Diaspora is exactly what you want, OP.

Don't let the minimalist presentation turn you off, it's a great game.
>>
Stars Without Number is pretty good, it's also free.
>>
>>51443784
Seconded, system creation is the dog's bollocks.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.