[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A campaign where all the pc's are generic mooks in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3317.jpg (132KB, 647x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3317.jpg
132KB, 647x314px
>A campaign where all the pc's are generic mooks in a big bads army

Would you play?
>>
Yeah that sounds fun.
>>
>>51434003
No.

Let's be the big bads instead.
>>
File: 195.png (221KB, 397x374px) Image search: [Google]
195.png
221KB, 397x374px
>>51434003
Yes
>>
>>51434003
Depends on the setting.
>>
>>51434003

Patrician taste, OP
>>
>>51434003
>you're character is assigned a generic name, with stats generated randomly from several pre made character sheets.
>you follow your eccentric leader on his Saturday morning cartoon villain adventure.
>you get a number of mooks you get to throw at his overpowered (preferably Mary sue) enemies.
>if you succeed his plan moves forward.
>if you run out of mooks, he shouts "curse you -hero name- I'll get you next time!!!" And you go back to zero with him recruiting more mooks.
>>
>>51434003
Yeah, sounds like a riot.
Slowly rising through the ranks, from burning villages to burning good-army bases, until inevitably the party plots a coup, become the new evil rulers, and then all promptly backstab each other.
>>
>>51434003
I'd do it, yeah.
>>
>>51434003
I've been looking fora group willing to play Only War with me for years.
>>
>>51434003
Basically just Only War. Yeah, I'm on board.
>>
So the first two books of TBC?
>>
If by 'generic mooks' you mean we still have some agency and a character arc, that could be alright.
>>
>>51434181
Players are permanently set at level 1 and half to use creative non direct combat solutions to overcome the super over powered heroes or a coup like >>51434101 said
>>
>>51434003
I've already played Only War, anon.
>>
>>51434366
Why not level in NPC classes?
>>
>>51434366
Levelling up being treated as getting promoted up the ranks of the army could be cool, you take part in a few skirmishes with NPCs from the good army then get put in charge of an outpost or something, which gets raided by PC characters, from then on you get shifted around getting post after post destroyed by PCs until the big bad tasks your group specifically with killing them since you have the most experience against them
>>
File: 21 24.jpg (87KB, 400x270px) Image search: [Google]
21 24.jpg
87KB, 400x270px
Fucking yes.

Sign me up with The Guild.
>>
>>51434003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujQ-nMc0WGE
>>
File: you WHAT.jpg (315KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
you WHAT.jpg
315KB, 1100x619px
>>51434366
>>51434181
>mooks in big bad's army
>get drunk one night and wake up late the next day to find your entire army marched on without you
>the surrounding villages are all under the warlord's control, but see his individual mooks more as local annoyances, like a sort of huge biker gang, than a police force or a serious threat.
>your party learns that as they were leaving a certain Lieutenant was cursing a select few mooks and talking about "sedition" and "severe punishment
>your party now must choose between escaping to enemy borders and defecting, or following rumors of a plot to topple the warlord and saving his glorious empire
>>
>>51434100
This sounds awesome, especially if the GM is the Grand Master or some sort of funky convention where he plays as the eccentric leader telling them what to do.
>>
>>51434003
I would play the shit out of that
>>
>>51436852
this

someone please do this
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.