[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was developing a story for an Imperial Knight house involving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: AM-Cerastus03.jpg (264KB, 1200x1261px) Image search: [Google]
AM-Cerastus03.jpg
264KB, 1200x1261px
So I was developing a story for an Imperial Knight house involving a young and unproven noble being thrust into the position of High King due to Tyranids nomming the other 12-or-so candidates in line to the throne before them.

Then I was reading about Renegade Knights, and it mentions the "ghosts of his Throne Mechanicum haunting his every waking hour"

So quick question: Does anyone know if a Noble can leave his Knight after merging with it? If not, then the "next heir" is gonna be something of concern for the young king story listed above.
>>
>>51416377
Yeah, they can leave their Knight and do noble things.
>>
>>51416377
Titan commanders are able to leave their machine, although they're loath to do so.
This is coming out of those Lords of Mars novels, which are recent enough.

I don't see why knight commanders wouldn't be able to.
>>
>>51419467
This. I imagine knights are much less connected with their machines than princeps due to the fact that titan machine spirits are several orders of magnitude more powerful than any other creation to the point where the Mechanicum can recruit princeps from literally anywhere. So a knight probably won't even mind leaving his machine or at least won't mind much.
>>
>>51419467
The idea that Titan princeps develop a certain dependency to their Titans is older than Priests of Mars.

>>51416377
>Does anyone know if a Noble can leave his Knight after merging with it?

Titan pilots can leave their titans, the larger titans like Warhounds or Warlords tend to have more powerful and savage machine spirits so the pilot tends to become one with it in an effort to control it and the line between him and the machine is blurred so some princeps develop a want to be jacked up to the titan 24/7. Knights have more basic machine spirits so while a similar situation where the pilot feels incomplete outside of the Knight can happen but its not as powerful as with larger titans.

>A Noble imprints his own personality upon the Throne Mechanicum – traits that echo and are exaggerated in the machine, often lasting long after the Noble has died. However, the mind-link technology also directly affects the psyche of the Noble himself, implanting strong positive associations with notions of fealty, obligation and hierarchy, as well as a deep respect for the Noble’s ancestors. How such technology works and why it was originally installed remain a mystery, even to this day.

The Knight takes on traits, larger titans absorb entire personalities of past princeps into their machine spirits.
>>
>>51419938
In lore discussion, newer works matter because it reaffirms that something is still canon.
>>
>>51416377
The reason the ghosts of the Throne Mechanicum afflict the piliot even when they are not actively plugged into their knight is the nature of the throne it's self. It implants it's directives and imperatives into you. Fragments of the past weilders of it's power enter your mind as well. This is why knights fight at BS 4 and WS 4. Because there are generations of learning that enter your mind in one sudden burst.

The question I think becomes what happens to a knight house that fell generations ago? While in the warp that much does the Throne Mechancium slowly turn as all the members of the house have turned before their becoming?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.