[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DnD has a retarded game curve. Level up a mage high enough and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: download.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
DnD has a retarded game curve. Level up a mage high enough and you can destroy every other character. It's good to have OP classes, but its retarded to be able to do everything. Magician should be able to shit on anything he focuses on. You can't be like, "I will learn a giant meteor spell and speak to animals". At the very least use other means to develop the spells. You can't learn shit like that without being able to do a basic fireball or transmit intentions to animals and then learn the OP shit of each. Also, if mages get access to all that bullshit at least give warriors talents or skills that do shit for them. Also, all classes can't have high damage. Example, you can be a cleric who can boost the fuck off your friends or be a dungeon freak who uses unorthodox weapons that deal shit load of damage to sinners, but can't do the traditional healer role. Sure he can cast basic healing stuff but, nothing that is inherently powerful. Guide your character how you want, but realize you can't jump from small a to big B just because you want. They are not even related. Now small a to big A makes sense. And don't you dare say level is a good way to do requirements. I'm a retard
>>
File: 1484617145932-tg.jpg (22KB, 326x227px) Image search: [Google]
1484617145932-tg.jpg
22KB, 326x227px
>>51414388
Oh dear god not another one of these threads.

Can... can we discuss something else entirely?
>>
File: 1455874438450.png (299KB, 560x368px) Image search: [Google]
1455874438450.png
299KB, 560x368px
>>51414388
>calls himself mage
>goes for anything but pure, unbridled destructive power
Enjoy never going big dick
>>
>>51414447
Instead of posting in a thread to announce your disdain for the content of the thread, try ignoring the thread and focusing on topics that you enjoy.
>>
>>51414534
>dude, just ignore x, it'll go away
Very bad idea, as shown repeatedly on a lot of boards
>>
>>51414534
>>51414556
The main problem is that, well... we've gone through so many generations of summer kids that the majority is now board users who never learned to ignore posts. The community as a whole has to relearn that skill before we can really improve shit.

Sage your posts.
>>
File: Dejima shitposting.png (66KB, 358x245px) Image search: [Google]
Dejima shitposting.png
66KB, 358x245px
>>51414615
>Sage your posts.
Don't tell me how to live my life
>>
literally 3 replies in and we've gone off topic
>>
>>51414679
Explosion. Magic.
>>
>>51414556
>dude, instead of feeding OP the (you)s he so desperately craves, try improving the quality of the board
It's weird how when you change all the words in someone's post you can alter the apparent intent behind them.

>>51414615
>The main problem is that, well... we've gone through so many generations of summer kids that the majority is now board users who never learned to ignore posts. The community as a whole has to relearn that skill before we can really improve shit.
Unfortunately true. Gone are the days when everyone on /tg/ was already a 4chan user.

>Sage your posts.
Fuck you, I only sage Vargposting.
>>
File: 9a3.gif (194KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
9a3.gif
194KB, 600x440px
Be a warrior. Learn regeneration attributes. Sell your organs
>>
>>51414388
That's why I play better systems where magic is always fickle and dangerous, like Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Sure, you can learn Meteor Smash, but a major fuck up will kill you and a minor one will still leave you slightly mutated.
>>
>>51414773
I enjoy major fuck ups but, I hate it when only one class is a bullshit class. You are right about the system but, either all classes have some interchangeable dangers like the magician you mentioned. If he can use magic at such scale why can't the warrior remove the limiter on his muscles and risk becoming completely atrophied. If we have such bullshit magic, give me bullshit abilities. If we have no magic no bullshit abilities. If there is small magic then small abilities. Not bitch ass magic with trumping over all the fucking heaven, boom I killed god and the warrior fucking dying due to a staircase.
>>
>>51414388
What edition fagola?
If it's anything with a "3" in it, the answer is always to not hand out "rests" like a retard.
>>
>>51414907
To be fair, any stair case that can kill am epic level warrior was probably magical, too.
>>
File: 1480639761248.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
1480639761248.png
78KB, 282x300px
>>51414388
What the fuck did I just read
>>
>>51415061
5th edition
>>
>>51415088
Honestly if I had to guess, OP, wanted to have another Martial/Caster Rant. Unfortunately for him he let his best buddy submit while he ran to take a piss. Thus we get OP's lovely username and "I am a Retard."
>>
>>51415088
I don't know, I stopped at "DnD has a retarded game curve" because I assumed this was the daily martials vs. casters troll thread.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.