[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how come everyone likes dwarves and nobody likes elves? It can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 52

how come everyone likes dwarves and nobody likes elves?
It can't be because elves are dicks, dwarves also are, but somehow they get a pass and people think it's endearing when a dwarf is being a dick but insufferable when it's an elf.
>>
Dwarves are the reddit of fantasy races. Elves are hated cause they not super duper manly for people to over compensate with.
>>
>>51406067

Elves are incredibly popular in the fantasy scene. Probably the most popular behind humans.

/tg/ just spent years seeing so many I Hate Elves memes. So now we take that attitude seriously and pretend Elf fans are some kind of minority of pariahs.

Personally I don't like elves or dwarves. I like orcs or failing that tribal themed humans.
>>
>>51406124
No, you like musclegirls.
>>
>>51406067
fat small bearded drunkard identifies much more with most /tg/ people than identfying with something Beautiful elegant and sophisticated.
I know a guy who does want to play a female elf but doesnt do it because of weird looks from others and then jokes about people who do probably out of insecurity.

A lot of people also probably only know the prissy ass LoTR-Movie Elves and War- -hammer, -Craft ones. Settings in which the Dwarves are slightly more chill with humans
>>
>>51406101
WRONG
>Dwarfs: Somethingawful
>Elfs: Reddit

powergap

Gelataneous cubes: 4chan
>>
>>51406067
/tg/ is not the world. I'm a fan of neither personally.

I can see the scorn behind elves though, since most of them are just human+1. They're smarter tham humans, they're more dangerous than humans, they're more pretty than humans, etc etc. I've personally seen a lot of ego-wish fufillment when I used to play on a warcraft (I know..) RP server. Almost all elves were thin-skinned, glory hogging, screaming queens who wanted to impose dominance but just radiate insecurity instead...

...so perhaps the players were unconciously rp'ing elves very well. Who knows?
>>
>>51406159

Never once played a female orc or barbarian though. I just like grittier "uncouth" motifs.

I like my girls tall with a bit of tone but I'm not into the body builder look
>>
>>51406067
It's a meme at this point. Most of you are too young to remember the Complete Book of Elves, then again people didn't hate Elves so much as the people who played them.
>>
File: 1457332435280.jpg (154KB, 878x518px) Image search: [Google]
1457332435280.jpg
154KB, 878x518px
>>51406067
The image I post the most in /tg/
>>
>>51406067
Elves are pompous Holier-than-thou-because-I-am pricks. Dwarves are too, but their common motivations and culture is more identifiable and they have more room to be less of dicks.
>>
>dwarves craft cool shit that anybody could use
>elves have cool abilities that only they can use
That's probably the difference.
>>
>>51406067
>how come everyone likes dwarves and nobody likes elves?
Bait, nobody can be this stupid.
>>
Why are Dwarves always Scottish?
>>
>>51406402
-because Scotland is cool.
>>
>>51406173
Nah dude dwarves are reddit. LOL BRO MEAD, VIKINGS AND BEARDS.
>>
>>51406402
Originally based on jews. Alot of daerves in other settings are pretty unimaginative while people at least do fresh things with elves.
>>
>>51406067
i dont like elves because smooth and graceful are not my thing

tough, robust, and heavy handed is the look i prefer
>>
Also because elves, atleast when I was young, really drew on the powergaming self-insert characters from my pals.

The way that, from Tolkien's lore atleast, they ARE actually better than humans in every way and reach near demi-god status from time to time. Well it just draws out the worst power fantasies in some young nerds.
>>
>>51406402

I prefer Northern dwarves.

As in North English.
>>
File: dorfs.png (370KB, 909x508px) Image search: [Google]
dorfs.png
370KB, 909x508px
>>51406067
Because forced meme.
>>
>>51406402
Are they? In my experience the ony scottish thing is accent
>>
>>51406621
most dwarves are pretty bland otherwise, so the only things that stand out are their appearance and their accent.
>>
>>51406270
Beat me to it.
>>
>>51406067
>how come everyone likes dwarves
They don't

Seriously, dwarves aren't anywhere near that popular as you think. I imagine that's due to their comparative lack of variety, especially in image
>>
>>51406543
This

It's the "normie's choice" of fantasy races
>Lmao frigging dorfs man haha axes and le hardy warriors who don't take shit from anybody, hella epic
>>
File: dwarfsx0.jpg (7KB, 211x228px) Image search: [Google]
dwarfsx0.jpg
7KB, 211x228px
>>51406067
I expect rather a lot of it is from Dwarf Fortress. The idea of dwarves as crazed little hyperbearded kleptomaniacal sociopaths seems to originate from that game, and there are enough stories to have emerged from it for the Urist-dwarf become an actual meme among fantasy nerds.

PULL THE LEVER, URIST MCKRONK
>>
>>51406124
There is a store in my town with a no elf policy.

They act like they are weirdly serious about it
>>
>>51407016
Who the fuck speaks like that?
>>
>>51406067
I generally hate elves because they are portrayed as "Arrogant sons of bitches who might be better than the rest and they think it and act on it. Even though in some cases they can't really back it up."

Seriously, who the fuck takes more than 100 years to learn how to cast a fucking fireball?
>>
Because Elves are feminine and Dwarves are masculine.
>>
File: Elf New Girl.png (283KB, 869x512px) Image search: [Google]
Elf New Girl.png
283KB, 869x512px
>>51406067
They hate perfection.
>>
>>51407074
Well I haven't seen humans do it in all the years on God's green earth. And no; science don't count.
>>
>>51407069
Dwarf fans
>>
>>51406067
I like elves and don't like dwarves.
>>
>>51406067
Because elves are gay.
>>
>>51406067
Elves are white collar, dorfs blue collar.
Most of /tg/ dwellers respect more hard working dicks than pseudo-intellectuals dicks which hardets shit they do is lift a 500 pgs tome on dialectic metaphysic bullshit.
Dorfs are pragmatic utilitarians because they know if they waste time on non STEM shit a horde of greenskins, a dragon or an Underdark aberration will come and trainwreck their hairy poorly wipped asses for steal their rightful earned wealth.
Elves just hide on their fancy conceal by illusion magic spas, writting poesy and talking about some retarded shit like phenomenology of introspection. No wonder they end developing parahilias and end banging humans which is almost like banging your dog.
>>
>>51406067
Why don't you vote on it?

>>51407491
>>
>>51407452

Most of the higher education work is bullshit which consists of academic personnel stealing from each other by politely quoting. Works that really advance the understanding in that science and improve upon the old is a rare thing. So dorf mentality is not that wrong. But than again without the rare individuals it would devolve into stagnation . So both elves and dorfs should suck up and respect that both have their purposes.
>>
>>51406067
I like elves and don't like dwarves.

But by elves I mean classic Tolkienesque elves who are helpful and willing to make sacrifices for the younger races. Not modern fantasy arrogant Mary Sues. Elves don't need a special flaw because they already have one - they're nearly extinct!

As for dwarves, I just hate the way they look. Who would want to roleplay an ugly, fat midget?
>>
>>51407896
>Who would want to roleplay an ugly, fat midget?
An ugly fat manlet devoid of imagination
>>
>>51407896
Anon you do realise Tolkien himself coined the arogant elves not willing to help. Hell alot of modern fantasy have less arogant elves then Tolkien.
>>
>>51407951
He also coined dwarves being ugly fat midgets, which is far worse
>>
>>51407452
This post gave me cancer
>>
I like Childe ballad elfs and I like maggot men dwarfs.
>>
>>51407958
I actually don't mind Tolkien's dwarves. Any other setting normally has them being pretty annoying.
>>
>>51407991
I agree. But that's testament to Tolkein. All his creations had a purpose and filled it well.

Although I'm still dubious on Bombadil and believe he is just a leftover from an earlier draft
>>
Does anyone else here prefer their elves a bit silly? Chaotic hearts, unicorn knights, impossible tasks, music, art, and wanderlust
>>
>>51406067
Let me ask you, who would you rather spend time with at a bar or just socializing? A snobby elf? Or a miniature viking?

99% of sane people will choose the mini-me viking.
>>
>>51407951
So unwilling to help that they save the main characters from death multiple times. It's the Mirkwood elves that really became the template for their kind in modern fantasy.
>>
File: 1466995681830.jpg (59KB, 400x571px) Image search: [Google]
1466995681830.jpg
59KB, 400x571px
>>51408068
>99% of sane people will choose the mini-me viking
>>
>>51408068
A person you can hold an intellectual conversation with or a loot who gets drunk in the first five minutes, brags incessantly and irritates you with banter? Hmm, tough choice!
>>
>>51406067
It's just aesthetic differences. It's a coincidence that more people just so happen to like Dwarves style than Elves style.
>>
>>51407214
Elijah did consume those guards with fire from heaven.
>>
>>51408085
There were other elf groups reluctant to help. Like the ones that just wanted to abandon middle earth. Sorry don't remember thier name at the moment.
>>
File: 1464129550093.png (277KB, 540x765px) Image search: [Google]
1464129550093.png
277KB, 540x765px
>>51406067
Elves are stereotypes as that asshole you know who snubs you at the bar and acts superior, probably that sexy chick that laughed when you asked her out in high school

Dwarves are stereotypes of lumberjacks and people that nerds aren't as familiar with and imagine they can be bros with because they're not stuck-up sexy people.
>>
>>51406270
I'm pretty fat though. Are there fat elves?
>>
>>51408106
>irritates you with banter?
Weak willed reddit pussy detected.

No wonder why you'd love the elf.
>>
>>51406595
>Better than humans in every way

>Going extinct

Survival of the fittest, motherfuckers.
>>
>>51408128
Nah. Elves are that cool hot foreigner that has some unique talents and is a total bro, who you might hook up with once or twice before you never see them again.
>>
>>51408120
I also don't. Bottom line is, elves were helpful in spite of the fact that there was like 3.5 of them left.

>>51408128
>Dwarves are stereotypes of lumberjacks
Lumberjack in caves? You learn something every day!
>>
>>51408147
There aren't really that many settings in which elves are going extinct. And those I can think off have dwarves with the same problem.
No, it's not Tolkien
>>
>>51408106
You just accurately described a Frenchman and an Englishman.
>>
>>51408161
Warhammer?
>>
>>51408169
Kinda, in fantasy both are in decline, I would say going extinct is a bit too harsh. There are still enough of them left to be important powers in the world. 40k is a bit difficult, but at least the space elves didn't get squatted.
>>
File: asdde.png (86KB, 223x199px) Image search: [Google]
asdde.png
86KB, 223x199px
Only good elf is one in constant agony
>>
>>51408136
>Meanwhile you dislike the elf for being arrogant and bantering with you.
Pot calling the kettle nigger.
>>
>>51406101
>Elves are not super duper manly
Do you even Tolkein?
>>
>>51408377
Actual quote from The Fellowship of the Ring
>s m h I was there the day the strength of man failed f a m t b h
>>
>>51406067
Because you're looking at a population of self-identifying nerds who think promoting dwarves is the correct counter-culture to the fact humans, elves, and orcs get significantly more camera time.
>>
>>51408128
Dwarves are the guy who's entirely too loud just yelling all the time and spills his drink everywhere
>>
>>51408377
According to redditers they aren't.
>>
>>51407896

Buddy, let me tell you about a guy called Fëanor, son of Finwë. Fëanor was basically the best smith... ever, really. No one could make shit like Fëanor. He was so powerful, so strong, so full of life that giving birth to him killed his mom, and his mom was an immortal elf. Let that sink the fuck in.

So Fëanor is the most bad ass elf to ever elf an elf (he literally invented the alphabet), and he proved it when he made the Silmarils. These were, objectively, the most beautiful thing ever made, capturing the light of the trees that gave birth to the sun and moon and prisoning it inside of three perfect gems. These were SO BEAUTIFUL that the personification of evil, Melkor who would be Morgoth, coveted them above all else and burnt down most of elf-heaven to get them. Fëanor swore, on the spot, that he would retrieve the Silmarils, no matter who or what stood in his way, to which the Valar said "...even us?" and Fëanor said unto them "FUCK YOU I WANT MY FUCKING SILMARILS YOU DIVINE FUCKS." and his kids were all "Uh, dad, maybe you should chi-" "FUCK YOU SWEAR IT TOO." "Jesus, fuck, okay. We swear. Calm down, dad." and then he took all his people and left elf-heaven because he's an arrogant piece of shit. The end, but not really, the rest of that is like... most of the Silmarillion, plus I'm leaving out a lot of other super shitty stuff Fëanor did. Dude was the platonic ideal of arrogant asshole elf.
>>
>>51408523
Don't forget that he burst into flames when he died, because his spirit was so powerful.
>>
>>51408542

Fucking

Yeah, that too. Dude was SUCH AN ANGRY ASSHOLE that he literally caught on fire when he died. He was that pissed off.
>>
>>51408523
Got to say I love me some oath of vengeance storylines

Like the T'lan Imass of Malazan Book of the Fallen
>>
>>51408523
I'm not sure why you spent time writing a short (but not quite) version of Fëanor's story, but forgot to mention how he's probably the most hated elf by his people ever.
>>
>>51406067
Starting with children's cartoons and other fantasy media directed at children, most of us have probably come into contact with the stereotype of the cultivated but foppish stereotype of nobility very early in our lives.

Elves are typically described as very "noble" (unless they are not, mind you), so elves automatically inspire the picture of foppish 16th century French nobility who are both unwarrantently condescending to people not within their social circles and removed from reality to the point where their squeamishness to engage in physical activity is a comical trope. This preconception has stuck with most people who have not yet invested time into other settings that give elves more variation or who subvert this trope, altogether.

Dwarves on the other hand, despite often being the jealous and stern-mannered grumpybutts, usually are presented in more earthly ways. When the moment asks for it, they will put their backs into it and get down and dirty. This stereotype is much more relatable and admirable, as it implies dependability and loyalty. Now assume that /tg/ is full of people who only appear bitter and hateful because they are actually very compassionate and sensitive individuals and have been disappointed by the cruelly uncaring reality, so naturally they are drawn to characters that display these traits. It's just logical that they would be more forgiving to any negative traits that Dwarves might have in any given setting as long as the core stereotype remains untouched, while simultaneously condemning Elvish dickery if there is no conceivable change in their stereotype.

Hence, as soon as you read the Silmarillion, Children of Húrin or Bernhard Hennen's "Elves", you immediately realise just how bro-tastic and dependable Elves can be, and if you get into Warhams you'll see how Elves can be just as ready to get physically invested as any dwarf, and if you get into TES you'll see that they can very well perceive themselves as your equal.
>>
>>51408669
>Bernhard Hennen's "Elves"
I need to re-read this. Markus Heitz "Dwarfs" just got a video game. I didn't play it, but it made me remember the time when these kinds of books were made and it made me remember how much, which was to be expected, it sucked the dwarfs dicks, while "Elves" was a bit more balanced by also making it about a human hero that became friends with the elves. As far as I remember.

Good post in general.
>>
>>51408134
As slightly chubby elven Wizard could make a good character actually/
>>
File: 1476294134413.jpg (164KB, 1000x799px) Image search: [Google]
1476294134413.jpg
164KB, 1000x799px
>>51408669
>Now assume that /tg/ is full of people who only appear bitter and hateful because they are actually very compassionate and sensitive individuals and have been disappointed by the cruelly uncaring reality, so naturally they are drawn to characters that display these traits.
People say things like this, but I have never found dwarves to be anything other than undesirable. I am not drawn to dwarves, in fact it's quite the opposite
>>
>>51408669
Let's put it that way: if dwarves are the way you described, and many players on /tg/ are like dwarves in this regard, then it's more than likely that they hate the dwarves for shoving the unfortunate reality of their lives in their faces and look up to the elves, roleplaying whom allows them to live out their dreams.
>>
>>51408883
This isn't how it works, dwarfs idolize the traits the clichée basement-dweller encompasses and make up for the shortcomings, or they are deliberately forgotten.
>>
>>51406101
>The reddit of
What did he mean by this?

As for OP, the way I see it, Elves are some kind of a Mary Sue race.
"We live for hundreds of years so we can git gud at everything, we're not dumb, we're nimble, pretty, good archers swordsmen and craftsmen."

Dorfs are more balanced and fun like "We're decent fighters when comes to tanking but we're shit at dexfagging, not the brightest or most charismatic, and we're all manly AF and like to drink and shit."
>>
File: Alliance_poster.jpg (708KB, 979x647px) Image search: [Google]
Alliance_poster.jpg
708KB, 979x647px
>>51406067
I got introduced to Dwarfs through Warcraft where they have guns and tanks and shit and are tied for best race in the setting with trolls.

I like guns and explosions, so it fits.
>>
>>51409034
Aren't they also one of the least played? Or is that just the females?

It might be outdated but I remember them being low
>>
>>51406067
I don't like playing as Elves or Dwarves, I like playing as PISSED OFF BIRD PEOPLE!
>>
>>51406067
It used to be a joke.
Then dumbasses started to take it seriously.
>>
>>51408745
Yeah I'm divided about the game.

The first two "Dwarves" books were still good but then the Author went full on OC DONUT STEEL and the protagonist went pants-on-head retarded edgelord.

And yes, the first "elves" is about some Northman who strikes a bargain with the elven queen who gives him knights as envoy and they become superbros in the process. The rest of the books are still among my favourites because despite there being every and all fae creatures piled on eachother it never devolves into playable race territory, but it's more about social castes and interaction.

>>51408781
So you're not drawn to dwarves for what reasons? Because you dislike the "salt-of-the-earth" stereotype? Or is it something in their aesthetics? Don't tell me it's because you think dependability and loyalty are not desirable traits in a person.
>>
>>51409065
>PISSED OFF BIRD
True to real life then
Birds are fucking shit, I wish I could kill them all
>>
>>51409158
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7CE65E16B050C578
>>
File: 1380743766564.jpg (88KB, 693x448px) Image search: [Google]
1380743766564.jpg
88KB, 693x448px
>>51406067
This pleb has never heard of fine dwarven work
>>
>>51409183
I want to cuddlesex that Tiefling.
>>
>>51409046
That was the women. I don't know if that's true anymore since they re-did all the old vanilla models, but dwarf women were something like 3% or 4% of the player population at one point.
>>
>>51409157
I do dislike their aesthetic, especially it's hegemony. They're incredibly un-effay. But I reject any reason why I'd be drawn to a stereotype dwarf based on being an average neckbeard. If anything it's because of that I don't find a short, fat, hairy, drunk loudmouth appealing
>>
>>51408060
Am I really the only one?

Fuck snobby elves.
>>
>>51409034
Trolls in Warcraft are a racist caricature, ugly as sin and have really weird feet. Why would anyone find them cool?
>>
>>51409169
https://youtu.be/epGbUyIzWyo
>>
>>51406067
Why would you be angry about manlets? It's just funny when they try to act up. But when these literal superhumans act up it makes me really jealous and angry.
>>
>>51408060
I have an order of elven pegasus knights who're a basically a bunch of Don Quixotes, with the exception that they're actually incredibly dangerous.
>>
>>51409402
>Caricature is comic relief and WoWsers eat that shit up

Gee I don't know

Apart from that:

>Dex barbarians instead of Str barbarians, which is not often seen in mainstream so it strikes people as "original"
>Apart from caricature have fairly well developed lore and cultural variations among them
>Are actually quite badass except for racial leader
>Have a lot of character potential because they're neither NOBLE SAVAGE like orcs or MORAL HIGHGROUND like Tauren
>Extremely versatile player race because access to most playerclasses
>Trollettes are fucking hot
>Edgy anti-elves

Also my personal headcanon says they evolved from sloths.
>>
File: by sigmar.jpg (160KB, 833x558px) Image search: [Google]
by sigmar.jpg
160KB, 833x558px
>>51408371
No I dislike the elf for having nothing good to talk about and being a pansy-ass faggot.

I want to participate in drinking songs, games, and hear some great dwarvish sagas while getting absolutely wasted.

Here, I've got a better summary for you.

Who would you rather have a drink with? George W. Bush, or Ben Bernanke?
>>
>>51406067
>everyone likes dwarves
False.
>nobody likes elves
False.
>>
>>51409470
>I want to participate in drinking songs, games, and hear some great dwarvish sagas while getting absolutely wasted.

Sounds like you're stereotyping. What if the dwarf is an introvert that keeps to his work, doesn't know any sagas, and is a social drinker?
>>
>>51409510
Because that's not a Dwarf. That's an Elf.
>>
>>51409470
It's more like Trump vs Thomas Jefferson.
>>
>>51409526
>Because that's not a Dwarf. That's an Elf.

So you're stereotyping.
>>
>>51406067
In my experience, elves are amongst those things you either love or hate for most people. They're probably the most liked and the most hated fantasy race at the same time, or close.

Dwarves on the other hand have a more or less big but relatively smaller fanbase that loves them. Most people don't have strong feelings for them, as shown by all the fantasy worlds that include elves but not dwarves and more importantly those where elves are undeniably more relevant and get more screentime. There's dwarf haters, but more often than not they're people tired of a certain stereotype.
>>
>>51409470
>I dislike the elf for having nothing good to talk about
Sure, a member of the most intelligent and well-learned race in the world who's likely older than your entire family would have nothing to talk about. Totally believable. Unless you want to talk about dick length and experiences of passing out in your puke. Then, tough luck. Better seek a dwarf.
>and being a pansy-ass faggot
I suppose you yourself are a metal band vocalist and a bodybuilder?
>>
>>51409402
Because nobody gives a shit about your pseudo """racism""" and caricatures are fun.
>>
>>51406067
"everybody" is a strong generalization.

I hate dwarves. Not dislike, hate. In terms of games, every fucking Dwarf is that same goddamn belligerent alcoholic scottish/viking/"manlyman folk warrior" that lives in caves/mountains and has an inexplicable fetish for rocks and coins. Elves get that shit too, god knows how many literal Drizzt clones I've seen over the years, but elves also have the advantage of having so much variation in design that I can at least chalk it up to that player being an uncreative twat rather than EVERY player being an uncreative twat.

Almost nobody ever bothers making dwarves anything but dwarves, and it's because the only people who are interested in dwarves enough to actually play as them are just as stubborn and belligerent.

The only worse race is humans.
>>
>>51406067
While incredibly loath to admit it, because it takes so much pride in individuality and uniqueness, /tg/ is in many respects as much of a hivemind as many of the "lesser" boards. On many topics, people who don't really have opinions and can't (and indeed, couldn't) be bothered to form them will just recycle opinions they've read on it before, which in some cases can lead to bizarre situations where games nobody's played will be hated because "everyone knows they're shitty", ideas will be mocked because "everyone knows they're cliche" and design decisions will be lauded solely because "everyone knows" everyone likes them.

Hating elves and liking dwarfs are just symptoms of that. Ask people to actually start counting settings where elves are "depicted as annoyingly superior and have no flaws" and they'll start mumbling right after "Eragon" and "The Forgotten Realms" before reiterating that it's totally the reason it's cool to like "the more sympathetic and down-to-Earth" dwarfs instead.
>>
>>51409760
People who aren't white trash do give a shit.
>>
>>51409802
How are humans worse? They don't have a stereotype associated with them. The worst that can happen is that a player refuses to roleplay at all. At which point you may suggest that he leaves.
>>
>>51407054

DWARFKIND, FUCK YEAH!
>>
>>51408106
>at a bar
>implying you aren't starting your adventure in a tavern
>>
>>51407452
>Most of /tg/ dwellers respect more hard working dicks than pseudo-intellectuals dicks which hardets shit they do is lift a 500 pgs tome on dialectic metaphysic bullshit.
Most of /tg/ ARE seudo-intellectuals dicks which hardets shit they do is lift a 500 pgs tome on dialectic metaphysic bullshit.
>>
>>51406206
I don't know what the book's about, but I just opened it and pic related's the first page. It actually looks promising as fuck.
>>
>>51406067
I don't get it.
Frankly, I can't stand dwarfs and dorffags are a gigantic red flag for me.
>>
>>51410529
The redneck rage is palpable in this one.
>>
File: 7452c2f92e1752963bd607070486c04a.jpg (160KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
7452c2f92e1752963bd607070486c04a.jpg
160KB, 800x1000px
>>51409402
>Easily the most culturally diverse race in the game, barring dwarves.
>A caricature

The only unifying trope between all trolls is voodoo and goofy Jamaican accents. Even among in-game examples you have wide variances in architecture, physiology, culture, taboos, and methods of worship.

And of course they look weird. They're trolls, not fucking elves or humans. They damn well ought to look strange.
>>
>>51410649
Hmm, that art makes me think of the Bugbear playable race in d&d 5e.

Long arms for reach, strong, agile and looks like he could carry shit. I might change Bugbears in my setting to trolls.
>>
>>51410649
Elves are far more diverse. Tauren are more diverse.
>>
Elves are often just pointy-eared pretty humans.
They don't satisfy my fetishes anymore.
>>
I hate elves because the idea of a superhuman race who has all the time in the world and can master anything they like without fearing death or old age makes me uncomfortable and innappropriate.
>>
File: 1474237512989.png (136KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
1474237512989.png
136KB, 400x266px
>>51410926
There are only two notable elf and tauren cultures (respectively). For elves, they're two entirely separate races that split millennia ago.

The Grimtotem aren't very far removed from the Bloodhoof tauren. They're isolationists and they don't have qualms about bending the spirits to their personal will, but at their core they're just meaner Bloodhoofs.

The Night Elves and Blood Elves (because the High Elves are basically extinct at this point, let's be honest) are very far removed from one another but they're two separate, monolithic cultures. They're really not even the same race at this point.

Meanwhile, trolls are broken down into multiple subraces with wildly varying physiology and culture. The Darkspear are few, insular, devoted to their gods, and abhor defiling their dead who reside with Boswamdi, their god of death.

The Drakkari are wildly expansionist towering blocks of blue muscle who ate their deities in a bid for power and bring everyone and their mother back from the dead to push back the Scourge. They were a incredibly advanced civilization at the height of their power, and would have been the largest society in Northrend if it weren't for the Scourge knocking down their door and fumigating the whole continent.

The trolls of Zul'farrak bury their dead in shallow graves for later resurrection as drudges for work and worship a massive hydra as their chief god. They favor shadow magic and commit ritual sacrifice on a regular basis.

Yes, most of troll culture is rooted in mysticism and tribalism, but they're easily more varied than any of the other player races.
>>
File: 1458168660776.jpg (174KB, 700x661px) Image search: [Google]
1458168660776.jpg
174KB, 700x661px
>>51406067
Because Elves are Mary Sues.

Elves - long lifespans, tall, beautiful, graceful, etc.
Dwarves - tough, usually ugly, short, stubborn, etc.
>>
>>51411186
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Highmountain_tauren
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Taunka
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Yaungol

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Nightborne
>>
>>51411235
If you think this is what makes a Mary Sue, then it word has lost all meaning to you.
>>
>>51410649
>Easily the most culturally diverse race in the game, barring dwarves

Dwarves ain't got shit on Trolls. Dwarves have about three distinct cultures right? Trolls got about that many per tileset

Actually dwarves are a weird example to me, Orcs a quite distinct from clan to clan and they definitely outnumber the dwarves

Trolls are by far the most diverse, this is true, but the "barring dwarves" caught me wierd
>>
>>51406067
Dwarves are scrappy underdogs and elves are immortal ubermensch. It's like the difference between a tsundere waifu and a bitch.
>>
File: shrugs.jpg (100KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
shrugs.jpg
100KB, 500x715px
>>51411261
>Posting two races that are not Tauren as evidence of Tauren diversity

If you want to use that then trolls are still the most diverse because the elves are just ancient off-shoots of the Dark Troll subspecies.

Though I'll give you Nightborne and the High Mountain Tauren.

That still only leaves three distinct cultures for each race which means they're still behind dwarves (at 4-5) and still behind trolls (at 5-6).
>>
>>51411235
As usual the term mary sue is misused. Elves aren't mary sues for a number of reasons:
>You don't know what a mary sue is
Being pretty and extremely long-lived doesn't make something a mary sue. The trademark of a mary sue is their inexplicable ability to warp the narrative around them, defying any sort of basic logic. Usually this means always maintaining the moral high ground in all circumstances, and when they don't they are easily forgiven for any transgressions. Mary sues are marked by a lack of character development and progress, rather they warp the world around them to change and adapt to fit them.

>Elves are too perfect
Elves and dwarves have much the same downfalls, the only difference is that elves look prettier doing it. They're both slow to change, xenophobic, and prideful to a point where it's self-destructive. Dwarves being ugly doesn't preclude them from the same improperly used mary sue label, in fact often in setting it is Dwarves who have all this "super advanced you can't understand it so don't even try" magitek/technology/mechanics, and elves are the backwoods traditionalists.
>>
File: Kikiri.jpg (135KB, 858x900px) Image search: [Google]
Kikiri.jpg
135KB, 858x900px
>>51411315
Dwarves have four distinct civilizations which all operate on different codes of ethics and in different environments.

The Wildhammer, Dark Iron, Bronzebeard, and the Frost Dwarves who live in Northrend. I guess you could include the Earthen and Iron Dwarves if you really, really wanted to, but I think that would be reaching too far.

Mostly I meant that Dwarf clans tend to be much more distinct from their counterparts than trolls. You get a lot of different troll tribes in a certain area, but they tend to be much closer to one another in how they behave than the dwarf clans are.
>>
>>51406067
People tend to latch onto elves as a powerfantasy more than dwarves.

>The real problem is kender
>>
>>51410303
That is stupid, trolls arent real. You can't be racist to something that doesn't exist.
>>
>>51411444
Kender are great when played right, but good luck finding someone who wants to play a kender who also wants to play one right.
>>
File: What Genocide.webm (1MB, 840x630px) Image search: [Google]
What Genocide.webm
1MB, 840x630px
>>51411377
That's still less than the Orc clans, whom are themselves very distinct from clan to clan. And arguably humans, although they have this point either blurred together out of existence one way or another, so I'd understand someone overlooking them.

Don't get me wrong, four is commendable on Blizzard's part, but in actual number of distinctions I'd say they're at best third and more likely fourth or fifth depending on the Humans & Pandaren
>>
>>51411377
Who the hell are the frost dwarves and why do I not remember them?
>>
File: 1467735564070.jpg (7KB, 142x170px) Image search: [Google]
1467735564070.jpg
7KB, 142x170px
>>51411526
No dungeon, no raid, not important
>>
>>51411526
You probably do, you just thought (not without good reason) they were dwarves from Ironforge
>>
>>51406067
>It can't be because elves are dicks, dwarves also are

If you show you're a good reliable person, the average dwarf is your bro, even if he grumbles about it.

Also /tg/ is not one person
>>
File: 1477110373088.jpg (65KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
1477110373088.jpg
65KB, 625x352px
>>51411604
>If you show you're a good reliable person, Gimli is your bro, even if he grumbles about it.

I feel like that summarises the majority Dwarves encountered
>>
>>51406067
elves as far as i've seen tend to be prefect for the most part.Not much in the way of faults, tehy live long, become good at just about everything even being bettter smiths then dorfs sometimes.
they have an obsessive moral code, they tend to be be hippies, etc.
On the other hand dorfs, are unruly, gruff and sometime xenophobic.
They are great,at economically driven stuff, at times their greed is so prolific it will lead to their end.
They spend most of their time with hard labour.

The simple answer is dorfs are blue collar and elves are nobles. So folks get along more with the working class and others with the rich.
>>
>>51411588
Wait are they just the ones left behind in Warcraft 3?
>>
>>51406067
Elves are Hitler while dwarves are just such little cuties. Look at them getting all mad :3
>>
File: Shy Elf.png (269KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Shy Elf.png
269KB, 600x800px
Elves are good, Dwarves are good. Why the fight?
>>
File: condescending actor.jpg (39KB, 515x316px) Image search: [Google]
condescending actor.jpg
39KB, 515x316px
>>51411474
Caribbeans are real.
>>
>>51411503
My god I'd fuck her so hard she became Alt-Right and back to whatever TYT are.
>>
>>51407452
>retardation: the post
>>
>>51406067
Because they're generally perceived as pieces of shit who pretend they're better than humans because of their lifespan and muh elven culture while dwarves mostly keep to themselves and the only real wank they get is muh dwarven craft, muh work ethic, muh diggan.
Personally, I like the idea of 90% of elves just quietly keeping to themselves on farms or at businesses, similarly to humans, while elven nobility is pretty much backstabbing central.
>>
/tg/ identifies with short fat ugly humanoids who are dick to people.

The same cannot be said for beautiful wonderkinds who live forever.
>>
File: 15414542297_41848c3c08_z.jpg (99KB, 564x590px) Image search: [Google]
15414542297_41848c3c08_z.jpg
99KB, 564x590px
>>51408523
>>
>>51408027
I'm pretty sure Bombadil was inspired by his children
>>
Alright /tg/ say it with me elves are only good for orc ____
>>
>>51411334
Kaldorei, the night elves.
Quel'dorei, the Highborne.
Shal'dorei, the nightborne.
Quel'dorei, the high elves.
Sin'dorei, the blood elves.
San'layn, the darkfallen.
+ the satyrs.
+ the naga.

Nearly each of them have REAL different cultures instead of colour swapped Mesoamerican ruins.

Now fuck off out of my sight. Figures that a troll would love trolls.
>>
>>51412334
So that's THREE wanks for the dwarves and TWO for the elves
>>
File: dgnfgnb.jpg (18KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
dgnfgnb.jpg
18KB, 320x240px
>>51406067
Depends on the setting.

But usually Elves are irritating because when they say that they are better than you, they are indeed better than you, and that is very irritating.

When a sweaty Dwarf start to talk big, you just laugh it off.

It's like a pug barking at you, it's an ugly pathetic creature trying to act big, so we find it cute.
Dwarfs make humans feel towards them like Elves feel towards humans.
>>
File: 1455466026695.jpg (111KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1455466026695.jpg
111KB, 900x900px
>>51408162
>>
>>51412384
Eradication.
>>
>>51412384
slavery

Because orc musclegirls make the best slaves: they're strong enough to do hard work, they can defend themselves and their masters against invaders, and they're sexier than waifish elf sluts.
And on top of that, they're too gullible and stupid to rebel.
>>
>>51408162
Okay, but which one is which?
>>
>>51412394

that makes sense
>>
>>51412392
Yeah, well, 'muh elvan culta' is
>muh bows
>muh perfect beauty
>muh peerless debate skills
>muh elvan craft
>muh elvan food
>muh elvan swords
>muh elvan medicine
>muh elvan eyes
>muh perfect romantic relationships
et cetera.
>>
>>51412338
>implying elves aren't dicks
>>
>>51409539
>Hitler vs God-emperor of Jewkind
wew
>>
>>51411526
>>51411769
They're a separate group of Dwarves who existed on Northrend and who took in Muradin after he'd wandered out of Frostmourne's vault with amnesia and for some reason named him king. It's entirely possible they also took in other survivors of his expedition but then they would have recognised him and helped him remember who he was prior to the player's intervention.

They have been, from what I know, utterly and completely irrelevant, they weren't even represented in the Council of Hammers in Ironforge. It's kind of sad, actually, because now that the Legion is about to crash the party like the one dude from your clique everybody knows can't handle his liquor, Ironforge could really use that additional dwarfpower.

The wasted potential on proper cultural variation between dwarves is really frustrating, although I will say I can only tell from wowpedia, wowwiki and reports of other players. Experience shows that once you actually play some quests ingame you're quick to catch up on details.

Generally speaking it's still a shame, because I'd have loved to actually see how the tensions between three/four extremely similar but distinct cultures rise, but knowing blizzard and their globalist storytelling of "WE MUST PUT OUR DIFFERENCE ASIDE" we'll never, EVER, see something this politically and socially provoking.
>>
>>51411178
The unvarnished, ignored truth.
>>
>>51412394
But once you get past their ugliness, dwarves really are better than humans at everything. They live longer, are much more orderly, their technology is something out of this world. Laughing at dwarves is like a street thug laughing at a nerd who's working in an investment bank and making more money per month than he's ever gonna have.
>>
>>51407192
isn't this from that hentai where a teacher molests an elf's ears?
>>
>>51412848
Naw it's an edit from Dungeon Meshi
>>
>>51412848
It's from Dungeon Meshi, that monster cooking manga that /tg/ loves. The Kaiji face is an edit, of course.
>>
>>51412994
>>51412999
oh right
>>
>>51409603
>I suppose you yourself are a metal band vocalist and a bodybuilder?
No, I'm a pansy ass faggot and I would rather not talk to a mirror.
>>
>>51406067
because dwarves are manly and cool while elves are faggy weeb shit made for fags and girls
>>
>>51413492
Back to >>>/a/, mad-child.
>DUDE BEER xD
>>
File: Jolly_old_elf.jpg (91KB, 672x504px) Image search: [Google]
Jolly_old_elf.jpg
91KB, 672x504px
>>51408134
>>
>>51406067
People like Dwarves for their character is a mixture of virtues and flaws. They're loyal, hard working and determined but they're also, grumpy stubborn and greedy. They are essentially human, because we can see human flaws reflected in them.

Elves only have positive traits unless you consider being "too good" a negative. it makes for less interesting characters.
>>
>>51413547
>Elves only have positive traits
Arrogance, haughtiness.
>>
>>51413547
Arrogance, elitism, revanchism, sometimes violent xenophobia, isolationism and a general aloofnes/disdain for their lessers aren't positive traits, desu.

But at the end of the day, it's a combination of memes and escapism. Me? I like elf girls and dorf girls, but don't like elven men and dorf men because they're always played like Legolas/Elrond and Gimli/Thorin
>>
>>51413547
It's the other way around - typically, elves are portrayed as being so flawed as to being unsympathetic. Too arrogant, too self-confident, too condescending. And these qualities are far more repulsive in a person than grumpiness and greed.

It's very easy to fix by giving them an entirely different set of flaws. Make them melancholic, pessimistic and passive. These qualities befit a dying race much better than monstrous arrogance.
>>
>>51413659
>>51413688
>>51413718
>Arrogance
They aren't arrogant if they're literally better then everyone else in very possible way.

Also, most PC elves aren't. "I'm not like other elves, I'm a really nice helpful guy! See how unique that makes me?" Thereby removing the only character quirk the race possessed.
>>
>>51413778
Can you not read, cocksucker?
>>
File: lul.jpg (34KB, 500x608px) Image search: [Google]
lul.jpg
34KB, 500x608px
I hate dwarves and the people who tend to play them. They never stop circlejerking over having big beards and axes, along with generic dwarf names.
>>
>>51406067
Because elves are arrogant dicks, you know the people who think they can do no wrong and are better then you and think their ideas are always right. No one like that.

Dwarfs are just assholes becuase they just say what they want
>>
>>51406067
I hate elves because the first real fantasy series I read was The Deed of Paksenarrion, and Elizabeth Moon is a genius at making elves the most insufferable fucking cunts on the planet. I wanted to commit genocide after the first conversation.
>>
>>51413778
>They aren't arrogant if they're literally better then everyone else in very possible way
You are free to mention settings in which this is actually true. Bonus points for official settings that you can play an elf in. And even if this is true, being arrogant is being arrogant, no matter if it's well deserved or not.

>most PC elves
Anecdotal. I never played an asshole elf, but the idea of the annoying elf-player and insufferable special snowflake that does more harm to this fictional race than the fictional race itself must come from somewhere.
>>
A.) Because it's a board-culture meme
B.) Because a lot of people use elves to basically act out their mary-sue fantasies when they first start playing TTRPGs and it annoys the shit out of people who've already been playing
C.) TSR gave them thousands upon thousands of variants of elves, while all humans got were skin colours, and all dwarves got were "are you Gimli, one of the band of 12 from The Hobbit, or made out of evil lava?"
>>
>>51413778

Elves are not at all inherently better than any other race, which is typically reflected by the statline. Within the setting, they usually have more developed cultures than humans due to their societies being much older. But this doesn't make them inherently better people. Actually, they're usually not doing so hot, with their old kingdoms more often than not being deep in decline. Elven arrogance is therefore nothing but a comforting delusion.
>>
>>51413688

The most fun I've had playing a full Elf character was when I doubled down on the arrogance and haughtiness, and played him like a straight-up casual racist.

He never meant anything BAD by it, he was just raised in an isolated Elf society up in the mountains, and had the sort of 'We have to help the other races because they're not as good as us.' sort of beliefs going on. It was great.
>>
>>51413811
>being this mad about elves

>>51413852
I feel you. My first introduction to elves was the animated Hobbit movie. Where they do nothing but shit on the protagonists and then demand a slice of the loot.
>>
>>51413888
>Anecdotal.
>I never played an asshole elf
lol
>>
File: 1485275481025.gif (1MB, 430x360px) Image search: [Google]
1485275481025.gif
1MB, 430x360px
My experience is that people like Dwarves because they're easy to make funny. People don't explore elves as much in that regard past making elves really pompous hippy aristocrats. That's not to say that Dwarves are more popular. There's just less to hate that can't be brushed off for laughs.
>>
>>51406067
Elves are annoying because they always hate humans and think they're better than them. This is even worse when they actually are.

Dwarves are hated less because fantasy always portrays them as flawed. You're never going to find a dwarf depicted as a perfect ubermensch. Add onto that the fact that dwarves are more often allied with/friendly to humans than elves.

>>51406124
>Meme
>>
File: 1455874518001.jpg (9KB, 275x142px) Image search: [Google]
1455874518001.jpg
9KB, 275x142px
>>51413993
>>
>>51413993
>I feel you.
You feel nothing, John Snow. Moon elves (I wonder if that's why they call them that in DnD...) would sneer at the Hobbits, read their minds, insult them to their faces, shame them for using magic equipment, beat them up using magic and taking their magic equipment, and then, when the Hobbits politely voice complaints about it, the Moon elves would flip their shit in shock over how these inferior creatures dare to offend them, and summarily declare war on the Hobbits.

All the while, the narration would make no effort to acknowledge any of this as morally questionable.
>>
File: hughlauriaaristocrat.jpg (22KB, 399x300px) Image search: [Google]
hughlauriaaristocrat.jpg
22KB, 399x300px
>>51414015
What? Pompous poofs are the funniest people ever. Playing a comic relief elf should be low effort.
>>
File: full.png (148KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
full.png
148KB, 500x281px
>>51414082
I would play a comic elf like Jim Barris from A Scanner Darkly, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>51414082
Fug. I loved black adder.

I'm definitely going to do a poofter elf for my next character.
>>
>>51406067
Position of privelage is probably part of the reason.

Elves have long lives, ideal beauty, magical prowess and live in typically idealistic societies. When they act like dicks they really appear to be selfish assholes who dont know what real challenges are.

Dwarves do not have an idealistic society, most stereotypes include greed, corruption, living underground, unnattractiveness (in b4 rule 63) etc. So when a dwarf is a dick its usually assumed they have reason to be one.
>>
>>51407896
>Tolkienesque elves who are helpful and willing to make sacrifices for the younger races
There is all of ONE elf who ever cared about humans, Finrod. Otherwise they shit on humans all the time and refuse to help them.
>>
>>51414215
>live in typically idealistic societies
I can't agree with that. In most popular settings that come to mind, elven societies are all fucked to a different degree. From dying out and living in ghost towns full of crumbling palaces in Warhammer, to having actually hit the rock bottom and hiding from racist humans in the Witcher. In fact, the terrible state of their society often compensates for everything they have going for them.
>>
>>51414082
Playing a comic relief character WELL is monstrously hard. That's why dorffags tend to be the most insufferable basic form of That Guy, they think their cringy sociopathic shenanigans are funny by themselves, regardless of context.
>>
>>51414245
>the entirety of elves welcoming humans in Beleriand is Finrod
>not knowing about Beleg Cúthalion
>>
>>51414245
Disregard Silmarillion, its elves are confused and not sure what to make of humans.
>>
>>51414293
Isn't that hard, but you've got to have a good sense of humour. And the discrepancy between the number of people who think they have it and those who actually have it is enormous. Another problem I've had is that sometimes a genuinely funny guy starts to hog the narrative by turning everything into a joke. Laugh at the falling rock, motherfucker.
>>
>>51414287
Thats a few example of intentionally against the grain interpretations from more modern depictions. They are still being stacked up against decades of the holier than though stereotype descended from tolkein elves
>>
>>51414400
Tolkien is where the trend started. The elves are at the end of their long decline, they feel that their time is over and are leaving en masse for Valinor, their heaven. Which is really heartbreaking if you realise that this pretty much means mass suicide.
>>
>>51414314
>Disregard Silmarillion
But that's the only place Finrod shows up. Of the elves in LoTR, the only ones that help do so because taking out Sauron benefits them too, and the ones in the Hobbit are huge assholes.
>>
>>51414400
These are not stereotypes descending from Tolkien elves. These are stereotypes descending from hack fantasy writers failing to rip off Tolkien.
>>
>>51414512
You sound like Kant with his lofty philosophy. Should they have refused to make a good deed because it benefits them too?
>>
>>51414512
How does fighting Sauron help them when they could just have fucked off to Valinor? Did I miss something?
>>
>>51406067
Because people haven't realized dwarves are hipsters yet.
>>
>>51409802
I agree, dwarves can be spun in interesting ways but by default they are an example character rather than a race or culture. It didn't even happen consciously but one of the first races in my setting was a mix of orc and dwarf, probably because I have little interest in either as they are.

>>51410367
Not him but humans are just boring, if there's fantasy races I'd rather not have the normal guy as well. Most characters that rely on being human are "normal person in fantasy world", "I don't believe in magic", "I just retired from my teaching position to cast some spells" etc. For some kinds of games maybe, but in a mid-high-power high fantasy game it has no place for me.
>>
>>51414565
>they could just have fucked off to Valinor
The elves who are still in Middle Earth are there because they like it and consider it their home. That they could flee doesn't change that they want to stay home as long as possible.
>>
>>51414775
I get it, whatever they did they could never do it because they wanted to help.
>>
>>51414733
>Not him but humans are just boring
I'm of the opposite opinion. Every other race is just Humans with pointy ears, short humans ect. I generally prefer human only settings, instead of bizarre racial-monocultures.
>>
>>51414918

Not that guy, but that's actually the main reason that I prefer to cut out humans from fantasy settings because it forces you to flesh out the remaining races beyond the standard monocultures.
>>
>>51406067
>Act insufferable around others
>Wonder why everyone hates them
>Act offended that they are hated, and become more insufferable
>Tell Humans and Dorfs to check their privileges.

Elves are the tumblr of fantasy
>>
>>51415006
>human and dwarf privilege
Like what? If anything it would be humans screaming at elves that they should stop being so good-looking, long-lifed, well-educated.
>>
>>51415006

What setting or story? Please don't out yourself as a filthy plebeian by saying Eragon.
>>
>>51414999
And I like to go a step even further, and cut out all non-human races save one. Then I have to find ways to devise interesting cultures within a single non-human race, and can't fall back on racial stereotypes at all.
>>
>>51414999
I could enjoy a setting like that if it was something like "Pre-rise of man".

Otherwise I'd just to human cultures and assign stat bones based on culture, instead of race.
>>
>>51414733
Literally every single person in history and most the protagonists of classic literature has been a human being.
>>
>>51415112

Exactly, it's about time we branch out a little.
>>
>>51415050
I really don't get why you can't do that without cutting the non-human races. As a player I would be irritated by that.
>>
>>51415006
Seems like Dwarves are the ones who that.
>>
>>51406203
Honestly, it's more uncommon to actually like the bodybuilder look imho
>>
>>51415222
This and every other 'pro elf' thread for the past three years.
>>
>>51414915
>Wanting to help
Learn your Middle Earth history.
>>
>>51412388
>Look at these things which are not elves that I am calling elves.

Like I said earlier, if we're going to be using descendants of elves as proof of elvish diversity, then trolls still win because elves are descended from trolls.

Also:
>Posting a dead culture as proof of diversity
The Highborne and Naga are the same people.
>>
>>51408147
They're not going extinct, they're moving to Valinor because it's the decree of Eru that his shitty younger children have to get a turn ruling the world. It's like your snot-nosed little brother insisting he gets to play your Xbox. The fading away only happen to those too stubborn to leave.
>>
>>51408669
>you read the Silmarillion, Children of Húrin
The stories of the Noldor? The assholes who turned humans into their servants and went out of their way to murder any elves that got their hands on daddy Feanor's family jewels or even suggested they not slaughter everyone?
>>
>>51408669
>and if you get into TES you'll see that they can very well perceive themselves as your equal.
Uh, which ones?

Altmer are supreme arrogant dickbags.

Dunmer are somewhat arrogant dickbags.

Dwemer are arrogant Atheists.

Bosmer are forest dwelling cannibal dickbags.

Orismer are literally orcs with all the behavior that entails.

Khajiit are furry thieves and drug addicts.
>>
>>51406067
>Muh superior aryan race
>tendency for inexperienced writers to make Mary Sues
>inability to sit down & decide on common features besides name
>>
>>51416776
>The assholes who turned humans into their servants
wat
>>
>>51416776
Yes, the Noldori did abyssmal things but after Fen-Fen died things calmed down, Húrin was highly revered among the elves alongside whom he fought and Finrod took his son and loved the dude. There's also the bromance between Turin and Beleg, which was ended by Turin chimping out and not Beleg being a condescending asshole. Finrod in general is a superbro to humans, he's also priorly helped Beren get to Angband and steal a Silmaril so Beren could get engaged to a half-elf-half-angel.

>>51416821
The ones you encounter in-game when you actually play and not just read the summary text, thank you.
>>
>>51412299
Find an actual Caribbean African who gives a fuck. Don't get offended for their sake just for social brownie points.
>>
>>51417082
I suppose you speak on their behalf because you socialise with them and visit their countries on a regular basis? If you see something racist, it's only natural to assume that people would be offended by it. I know it from my personal experience, actually.
>>
>>51414444
>It's heartbreaking that your superiors are leaving so you have a place in the world now
>>
>>51416983
>The ones you encounter in-game when you actually play and not just read the summary text, thank you.
They all do generally act like their stereotype. Until you pay them gold or flatter them a bunch then they suck your dick.
>>
>>51417348
Because Numenor wasn't a place.
>>
>>51416983
>Only examples involve the Children of Hurin and Finrod the literally huma-boo

>>51416925
When humans came into Beleriand they were turned into the serfs of the Noldor living there.
>>
>>51417403
>When humans came into Beleriand they were turned into the serfs of the Noldor living there
That's a big, fat lie and you know it. They could settle their own lands, had their own kings and chieftains.
>>
>>51406067
Because elves are constantly stuck up. Dwarves are dickish, but they mean well and they get drunk often. It's like your friend who's an asshole when drunk. who happens to be drunk more often then not. And elves are the snobby kids who get A's and brag about them
>>
>>51417326
Nope. I don't deign to speak on their behalf. Thus I make no judgement of WoW Trolls. Neither should you.
>>
>>51417493
And a village of serfs has a chief or mayor. Doesn't mean they aren't lesser servants.
>>
>>51406067
It's just a boring meme that is pointless to discuss.

I don't care about dwarves, and love elves. There: discussion was had. What else is there to say?

Part of the problem with elves is that 2e is best E, but the main 2e supplements for elves (Evermeet, the handbook, et cetera) were pretty bad.
>>
>>51406067
Before the porn is overwhelming, it's because elves are considered more pretentious in high fantasy. They just see themselves as superior, and no one likes that.
That's really it. High fantasy set elves to be the "dicks" and so that has stayed.
>>
File: 1484780989170.png (315KB, 700x789px) Image search: [Google]
1484780989170.png
315KB, 700x789px
>>51406270
Actually I'm more kobold.
>surrounded with guns, trap and explosive manuals, Sharp objects.
> hard working and have a job.
> find humanity pathetic and unappealing.
> paranoid as fuck.
>>
>>51417326
>It's racist to give a fantasy race Jamaican accents.
>But it's not racist to give a fantasy race Scottish, German, French, Italian, British, American, Canadian, Polish, Russian, Swedish etc accents.
>>
>>51417402
Numenor was won by serving the elves and risking their lives in the elves' wars.
>>
>>51417649
As far as I am aware, people can actually do good impressions of the latter accents, but seeing how Metzen voices the majority of trolls, WoW has the worst accents ever, ranging in quality from cuban to a generally thuggish latino drawl to sorta-jamaican.

And honestly I love creolian accents, that shit has an inherently upbeat sound but has all the qualities to be intimidating and serious when need arises. It's just that so far, no whitey has been able to properly emulate their sound.
>>
>>51417722
So you're whining about voice acting now.

>Whitey
>Using a racial slur while calling other people racist.
>>
>>51408027
>not respecting Tom "Big Dick" Bombadil
>>
>>51417748
I'm not actually that anon you were arguing with, I just chimed in.
>>
>>51417773
Give some indication senpai.
>>
>>51406067
I like elves in some circumstances, but generally I find the idea of "anime-level pretty, most badass, most wise, most powerful, most in tune with nature" characters to be rather grating.

Some elves move away from this, but they're a stone compared to a mountain in regards to the ones that embrace the stereotype whole hog.
>>
File: Proofofmyinnocence.png (32KB, 1558x452px) Image search: [Google]
Proofofmyinnocence.png
32KB, 1558x452px
>>51417809
>>
>>51417893
I believed you, I meant more when you join a conversation.
>>
File: Disdain for Mon-Keigh.jpg (85KB, 800x651px) Image search: [Google]
Disdain for Mon-Keigh.jpg
85KB, 800x651px
This thread demonstrated clearly that most humans have an extremely limited understanding of the Elves ridden with clichés. Most unfortunate, but you cannot fault these simple creatures for that.
>>
>>51406067
Already said, I'm sure, but Dwarves aren't very pretty and usually have deep and obvious flaws. They're clannish. They ignore other people's problems. They're greedy. They're stubborn. And on and on.
Those are core parts of their characters, just alongside being brave and honorable and fearsome. Dwarfs are also conventionally masculine, but in a manner that's humorous rather than empowering.

Elves are beautiful and perfect. Usually when they have flaws it's things like being Arrogant... but that arrogance is perfectly justified, because they're super advanced superhumans. Both they and the Dwarfs tend to be a "dying race" or "collapsing civilization", but in the Dwarfs case it's usually a direct result of their character flaws, whereas elves are losing out because they stopped caring, or because being immortal gets boring and they want to go to magical heaven sooner now.

Also, as far as being dicks goes, Dwarfs are usually blunt and upfront about it, while elves are kind of snide. Elves snicker behind your back and won't tell you why they burst out laughing at what you just said. Dwarfs call you pathetic for not being able to bench press five times your body weight, laugh at your lack of beard, but also grudging admit that you'd make a good Dwarf when you help out in a fight.
>>
>>51406067
Gee, I wonder what could a bunch of grumpy unshaven manlet basement dwellers find so appealing about dwarves?
>>
>>51418463

Where are you getting this from?
>>
>>51406067
Because in 99% of settings elves are uppity cunts who are too good to have common peasants like everyone else. That's why settings like TES are so based.
>>
>>51406067
Haven't seen much serious hate of elves or dwarves.

What's the deal with people hating gnomes though?
>>
>>51420709

In most settings elves don't have the sort of population density that would necessitate a community of peasants dedicated to farming.
>>
>>51420803

Dragonlance's wacky tinkering gnomes are just behind kender for annoying they can get and WoW popularized that style of gnome. Now that I think about it, it's sort of odd how fond I still am of that setting despite how many things in it annoy me.
>>
File: Gravity Elves.png (49KB, 982x380px) Image search: [Google]
Gravity Elves.png
49KB, 982x380px
>>51408134
Gravity Elves
>>
>>51412272
I wanted to let you know this is moe.
>>
File: h010.jpg (130KB, 669x385px) Image search: [Google]
h010.jpg
130KB, 669x385px
>>51408134
>>51408748
http://mangafox.me/manga/elf_san_wa_yaserarenai/
>>
>>51412378
>>51417769
But he doesn't fit in the story, his entire actions are part of a cul-de-sac you forget about rather quickly and he's never mentioned again other than the council of Elrond and that's just to say how fucking useless he is to the plot

He'd fit a Hobbit style story sure. His entire section could be a chapter or two in another short(er) story. But in Lord of the Rings he stands out as something quite bizarre
>>
>>51420803
Largely Gnomes don't belong or are spun in a way that endear people. They're usually "cultural diversity inclusions" and thus rarely get their room to shine
>>
>>51418463
>Dwarfs are usually blunt and upfront about it, while elves are kind of snide. Elves snicker behind your back and won't tell you why they burst out laughing at what you just said.
I'd say citation needed, but the fact that I'd even think that proves this is anecdotal bullshit
>>
>>51409402
>Trolls are a racist caricature

Er... Of who? Having a bad accent isn't the same as the fucking goblins.

If you wanna complain about WoW races, holy shit are goblins antisemetic.
>>
File: 1481435348307.jpg (382KB, 700x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1481435348307.jpg
382KB, 700x1030px
>>51407452
>grew up in ethnically diverse neighborhood
>exploding and burning cars in my backyard
>random yelling, explosions and panicked screaming at night
>multiple shootouts that i for some reason always miss and never notice until the whole street is covered in police tape or they knock on my door as ask if i heard/saw anything
>neighboring family that lived there as long as me and my mom did had two kids
>one is a single mom with three kids with each their own skin colour
>the other is in prison in sweden trying to smuggle khat across the border
>worked contruction
>lumberjacking
>landscaping
>damage control
>city sanitation
>showing up at night to clean a mall with a bunch of day labourers from literally all over the world and everything needing to be explained and translated 5 times because half the people didn't speak english including one of the overseers
>served my conscription which mostly boiled down to going innawoods and practice how to ambush convoys for days and not really eat or sleep
>working nightshifts in a 7eleven right next to the red light district, 3-4 homeless shelters/dumping ground for new arrivals of refugees/gypsies, the shady fucking gambling clubs that caused at least one or two guys to commit suicide that AFAIK is where hell's angels breaks in the new girls
>meaning i get paid by a couple of albanians for wrestling junkies and gypsies at 4:30 in the morning, having to explain to a pusher that i can't loan him about 150 dollars/euroes and can't accept his gun in insurance either, treat random ass knife/glass wounds, and spend 15 minutes watching a guy trying to put on his pants

I prefer elves, I don't think your analogy works.
>>
>>51423997
Antisemitic is the only good kind of racism because the Jews deserve it.
>>
File: Adept_SC2-LotV_Cncpt2.jpg (173KB, 1385x886px) Image search: [Google]
Adept_SC2-LotV_Cncpt2.jpg
173KB, 1385x886px
>>51410649
>male: buff and monstrous creature with massive tusks
>female: hot human chick with sharp fangs.

Fucking blizzard I swear to god.
They did this same shit even to the fucking protoss.
WHY DO THE PROTOSS HAVE TITS BLIZZARD? WHY?
THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE FRIGGIN MOUTHS! WHY WOULD THE FEMALE PROTOSS NEED TITS IF THEY CANNOT BREAST FEED THEIR BABBIES??
>>
File: Protoss biology.png (3MB, 1539x840px) Image search: [Google]
Protoss biology.png
3MB, 1539x840px
>>51424977
Even official Blizzard lore states that the protoss got ZERO orifices.
>>
File: 1459110766766.gif (94KB, 514x510px) Image search: [Google]
1459110766766.gif
94KB, 514x510px
>>51424996
>>51424977
If the protoss female is at any point required the carry the babby in her, prominent hips will still be required, so protoss dudes with be diggin' dat ass, and breasts are just fake ass placed on the chest because bipedal social creatures don't end up looking at ass as much as quadruped species that practically wave that shit around all day.

I'd personally be fine with just French cartoon tier hips.
>>
File: Artanis_SC1_Art2.jpg (14KB, 279x315px) Image search: [Google]
Artanis_SC1_Art2.jpg
14KB, 279x315px
>>51425087
Yeah, but the fact that they got no orifices whatsoever, would speak against them giving birth thus no wide hips needed.

This is what the protoss looked like in the original starcraft.
>>
>>51425107
Look up how bedbugs reproduce
>>
>>51425107
Why would there even be females at that point?
>>
>>51425133
kinky

Anyways, in the case of protoss, given the info we have from here>>51424996 my personal headcanon is that the protoss reproduce by passing genetic material via skin contact (their skin is already stated to be able to both take in and excrete substances) so basically hand holding would be sex for the protoss.
To get around the whole "no orifices whatsoever" problem, actual pregnancy would be more like "budding" in a sense, where the baby develops in a skin pouch that is eventually shed once the baby is ready to be born.
Hell, even the tits could be sorta explained as a way of the mother protoss to feed her babies, by basically lactating on the baby's skin, so the baby can absorb the nutrients.

>>51425152
Because blizzard decided that the protoss have females even as far back as in SC1 Brood War.
>>
>>51406067
Because you dont play elves right
>>
>>51424977
Hot? Their feet give me shudders.
>>
>>51414918
>Every other race
A lot of races that is true about, but they have at least some differences that I can misconstrue to make them interesting, and sometimes they even are interesting without misconstruing anything. With humans 99% of the time they are literally just humans, more versatile and apt at learning than others (despite them having no reason to be so).

>>51415182
It's basically more freedom than other humans. You can have different looks, and yeah I hate how oftentimes the races make such small differences that elves could just be white humans that have pointy ears for some reason and dwarves can be slightly shorter people in a country full of mountains, there's no need for those to be races. But being able to have huge physiological differences opens a lot of options, like dragonborn are made by dragons in my setting so the males are large and strong as the warriors while the females were made to be messengers, tacticians and scouts so they aren't just trained differently, they are physically way weaker but faster than the males. You can just say that some god created humans that had those differences, but pure different looks like scaled skin or shortness or whatever can be somewhat interesting as well. A cold blooded race functions very differently than any humans, a fey race that can step through trees and become invisible will never have trouble hunting and would have special measures against thieves, a race born from the god of war will inherit certain things from him and his mindset will determine much for how they do things and how they treat others, and so on.
>>
>>51425294
>Their feet give me boners

It's Spacegoat IN SPACE FOR REAL THIS TIME.
>>
>>51425659
Your fetish is worse than Holocaust.
>>
>>51425862
Vore exists, I'm absolved.
>>
>>51406067
They're just mary sue humans
>>
File: Lovestruck-Donald-Trump-8727.jpg (156KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Lovestruck-Donald-Trump-8727.jpg
156KB, 500x500px
How can anyone look at OP picture and NOT want to play elves?!
>>
Dwarves are neckbeards that look less shitty and get to be macho.
Alcohol is cool guise.
More uniform expressions, very little variance between settings makes them a 'good ol' reliable' type choice.

Elves are a master race, the fact of which is obscured (albeit incredibly thinly) because of their greenpeace and new age connotations and pointy ears.
Loads of snowflaking potential too. Almost always in fulfillment of some kind of sexual ideal.
>>
Same reason people like Celts but dislike Norse.
>>
>>51427249
Both are done to death.

Slavs are god tier.
>>
>>51427282
Too unfamiliar to your average player.
>>
File: 1408690588238.jpg (146KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
1408690588238.jpg
146KB, 700x450px
I dislike the shorter races. I HATE the Kinder variety of halflings. I love Hobbits. I HATE halflings. I don't like gnomes too much either. I sort of dislike dwarves. I really dislike WhF dwarves. I like Chaos Dwarves. That being said I hate drow and Deldar too. Not as much as halflings mind, but traditional drow are dumb and Deldar are fucking retarded. Literally. Over all though I love me some elves.
>>
>>51427282
Hi /k/. How are you?
>>
>>51412848
you mean that one hentai where the ugly fat hairy teacher is drawn in so much detail that elf girl is barely featured in the sex scenes?
>>
>>51406067
>ELVES ARE FLAWLESS
>-2 con

That looks like a flaw to me
>>
>>51406067
This type of shit only happens on 4chan, because it is a place full of contrarians who hate anything popular. Elves are hated because they're too popular on fantasy novels.
Dwarves are hated because they're too popular with RPG players.
Norse are hated because got too popular in general.
Celts are also starting to get hate because getting too well known

With the popularity of the witcher games, we're now seeing slav fantasy also start to get hated too.
>>
File: 004.jpg (383KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
383KB, 750x600px
>>51431538
Bitch please, Slav fantasy is awesome.
>>
>>51431817
>Nobody can legitimately hate my favorites.
>>
>>51406067
Elves are hated for three reasons all coming down to tropes they originally didn't have.

>1.)Elves are all feminized.
Originally just tall and lanky.

>2.)Elves are stuck up arrogant assholes
Only Sun and Moon elves (high elves) usually fit that bill with their pseudo-Swedish societies

>3.)Elves are treehugging hippies
I mean there is a sub-race called wood elves but they mostly live wherever they can. The whole point of them was that they are the splinter group who said FUCK YOU SVEN WE'RE LEAVING YOU SHITTY CIVILISATION AND CRUMBLING CITTIES TO LIVE LIKE THE OTHER COMMON FOLKS.

Okay the cancerous weaboos and the Japanese who turned elves into a race of rape victims are to blame too.
>>
>>51406067
We can throw dwarves, and the get adorably angry after being used as a Multi Purpose Lethal Projectile. Stinky cheese, booze, and headpats can calm them down.
>>
I like elves. They've got femenine penises and boypussis that I can ravage with my human COCK and soak in human CUM
>>
>>51408060
I take the example of Drow and their extreemly perverse society and then model the other elves after it.

High elves are obsessed with being ''progressive'' to the point where even /tumblrinas/ would puke.
It developed into a colective dementia to show off just how free they are but as a consequence they have been in internal turmoil and developed some kind of wierd fascist state out of it.

Wood elves are extreemly darwinistic.
They raise their kids as predators dumping them into trial grounds filled with wild beasts to teach them how to hunt, kill, process food etc.
''You don't deserve freedom untill you can rip that bear a new anus bearhanded.''

The retarded traditions of elves and their chaotic aspirations is also the main reason for their small numbers.

A Drow is self explanatory.
A High elf will pierce his own cock in the name of ''progress''.
A Wood elf will either become a psychotic carnivorous hunter or end up as the lunch of some wolves or bears before even turning 20.
>>
>>51432604
All the things you said are right, but
>1.)Elves are all feminized.
bothers me the most. I can't think of a setting where male elves in official art actually look really faggy. But for some people looking good as a man means looking like a girl, while the only way to look "manly" is to be hairy and ugly.
>>
File: elf eating junkfood AKIRA.jpg (420KB, 1059x1500px) Image search: [Google]
elf eating junkfood AKIRA.jpg
420KB, 1059x1500px
>>51421311
Snyecdoche must be some sort of genius. If someone would have told me that a manga about an elf eating french fries would be such a smash hit I would have told him that such a story idea is dumb and he is out of his mind. The stuff people can come up with.
>>
>>51432604
>pseudo-Swedish societies
They don't invite orcish extended families to live in their houses as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>51416821

Altmer are gay Swedish men in a neo-Nazi gathering in Bavaria.

Dunmer are early 20th century Britts who speak in cokney and view everyone else as monkeys who just crawled down the trees. Except the Redguards whom they share their dark skin with, lol KEKS.

Dwemer are fedora tipping atheists who love trickery and ended up offing them selves out of existence.

Orsimer also known as Shitmer because their ancestor was just that much of a Vore fetishist.
They are standard fantasy Orcs, but they are also really corrupted elves but they are also culturally Dwarves.

Khajeet are a bunch of Gypsy furries living in not!Egypt and getting wasted all day on drugs.

Bosmer are a bunch of people stuck in a magic contract that will turn them into tentacle monsters or worse unless they protect their native woods from those damn Khajeet trying to use them to sharpen their nails or Imperials trying to cut them down for firewood. Oh and they have to ritually eat anything that died in Valenwood. Kinda pitifull ain't they?
>>
>>51432927
I thought it was pretty disappointing so far. Instead of a creature from a different world trying to get used to our, it's about a girl getting fat with some pointy ears as a gimmick.
>>
>>51432851
I actually like the imagery of feminine elves, it gives them a unique racial identity. That said I don't mind my elves having metal hair either
>>
>>51433145
Dunmer are basically a more fantasy version of India and the Middle East vs. Redguards more mundane Middle East/African theme.
>>
>>51433161
It is supposed to be a comedy brah, about a holier than thou high and mighty elf going down the road of seemingly innocent self indulgence to break the common cliche and how she deals with it.
>>
File: deedlit23.jpg (63KB, 800x576px) Image search: [Google]
deedlit23.jpg
63KB, 800x576px
>>51433221
>high and mighty elf
She's just a standard japanese elf that is characterized by two things:
>lives in the woods
>shoots the bow
So far there is nothing high and mighty about her, she's just not used to fried food.

>to break the common cliche
These days the common cliches are broken so often that I wish we could go back and have some cliche elves again.
>>
>>51432837
Your assuming that the "progressiveness" that elves aspire to has the same connotations as here. When I think about High Elven culture that's not something like an Altmer society, I consider it to be like an idealized version of ancient Chinese culture or something like the Babylonians. Some sort of ancient high culture with a bureaucracy and civil service and a cultural self-awareness.
>>
>>51406067
To be honest I only go along with the meme itself. Really I have no qualms about elves, but I do like Dwarves better. I guess it's probably because Dwarves lack natural abilities like an affinity to magic and nature, enhanced agility, or incredibly long lifespans. However, by hard work and invention they can get around this. That and they're more willing to deal with their problems head on.

Honestly it's pretty fucking stupid if you actually legitimately hate regular Elves. Mary-sue Elves created by some gm with a power fantasy/fetish I can understand, but not your average Tolkien Elf.
>>
>>51433476
Ancient Athens , INCLUDING THE BOYFUCKERY.
There you have it.
>>
>>51433530
>I guess it's probably because Dwarves lack natural abilities
+ CON and/or STR, resistance to poison, resistance to magic. Naturally good at smithing and gemcutting. Also with a long lifespan. Kinda depends on the setting, but you get the general idea.
>>
>>51433589
You are right about her magic being different from a normal human mage, the artbook even calls her a shaman. Aside from this she's pretty much the fighter/mage hybrid this race started as in early DnD.
>>
>>51433557
That's one of the reasons I started with Ancient China. They had some weird and fucked up cultural things and pederasty weren't unheard of.
>>
>>51432837
Eh. I think that's making elves unnecessarily edgy.

I mean Drow and Dark Elves are edgy by default. They have that chaotic heart, and work in magic but it's black magic, the stuff of demons, and they have slaves. My Dark Elves are more informed by the demons of Tanith Lee's Night's Master and the underworld she created. It's still beautifu like most elfish thingsl, but it's also twisted and cruel.

High Elves are definitely more actively magical in nature, they manipulate it more freely, and incorporate it into much of their works. High Elfin settlements are like anarchist communes of like 20-200 elves, whose numbers fluctuate between when wanderlust strikes an elf, and when they get new members from the Elfmoot. Where the Dark Elves embody everything bad about aristocrats, High Elves embody everything good about them.

Wood Elves, their magic is more natural and earthy. They live and breathe it, rather than manipulate it. Nature conceals them without need to manipulate it to. They're the closest to the woods, and they're the most ambiguous of the elves, which I argue makes them closest to the Fey. They're also the most numerous, having spread across the land in clades. An example is the White Elves of the North are metal as fuck, riding giant white stags and hunting frost giants.
>>
>>51433145
Khajiit are really Jews. Live in a desert, refuse to do anything productive, live by ripping people others off, complain about muh great plague that wiped out 6 gorillion khajiit, spread drugs wherever they go.
>>
>>51432604
>Only Sun and Moon elves (high elves) usually fit that bill
It's from Tolkien's elves, who were all arrogant and stuck up.

Thought for D&D, Moon Elves are the main player race in Forgotten Realms, so of course they'd get the most exposure. Wood elves aren't shit in Faerun, you need supplements for them.
>>
>>51433802
Do Jews live on the moon?
>>
>>51433939
>who were all arrogant and stuck up
Nope. A big, fat nope.
>>
>>51434106
>Noldor
>Not stuck up
>Sylvari
>Not stuck up
>>
>>51434177
Yes, big, fat nopes to these things.
>>
>>51434002
Like the Khajiit, they also have a fucked up religion.
>>
>>51434317
Guess you didn't read the books.
>>
>>51434529
I have, these elves where flawed and could vary between assholes and bros.
>>
>>51434574
The bros were isolates.
>>
>>51435307
As were the assholes.
Are you trying to get the last reply?
>>
>>51435401
No, I'm just pointing out the elves in general were assholes. Silvan always outright hated humans, the Nandor always ignored them, the Noldor always thought of them as servants, and the other Amanyar only ever interacted with Numenor and looked at them as lessers.
>>
>>51435466
You are pretty much wrong about most of these things. Stupid elf-hater.
>>
>>51435537
You're not even trying senpai.
>>
>>51435676
I could say the same about you.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.